Cirlce in 3D?

I'm looking for a neat formula to find the center of a circle in 3D
through 3 points. I also need a good way to display it, preferably
thickened so I can show several and see whether they are linked, etc. To
my surprise I did not find anything on the Wolfram sites about these
problems. (I have Mathematica 7, if that matters.)

0
Ste

pyc++3d, C++ 3D math module
Hi pys, Here is a C++ 3D module based on actors, you can load it in lua, android JNI and of course python. It includes matrix and vector classes with rotate and translate code. See the README and HACKING files for more information. http://sourceforge.net/projects/pycplusplus3d Enjoy, Turtle Wizard -- Time heals. My blog : http://thediaryofelvishhealer.blogspot.com ...

Getting 3d printable models out of 3d graphics in Mathematica
Surfaces that appear fine in Mathematica aren't accepted to be printed by: ( *.obj,*.dxf,*.stl,...others) http://www.shapeways.com/ or need to be repaired at: http://www.sculpteo.com/ http://www.sculpteo.com/en/gallery/public/user/rlbagulatftn/ I give an example of one that Mathematica 8 failed on yesterday from my old work TFTN: (* b=c=1 torus cycloid*) (* b=2,c=1 baseball seam *) (* by R. L. BAGULA 10 JULY 1997=A9 *) a:=10; b=2; c=3; Clear[f,g ] f[t_]=Cos[t]; g[t_]=Sin[t] ; gr=ParametricPlot3D[{f[t] f[p/b]-(a+g[t])*g[p/c], ((a+g[t])*f[p/c]+f[t] g[p/b]) f[p/b], ((a+g[...

3D Maths
I have 3 light sources on the ceiling that form an equilateral triangle. I'm on the floor looking at them with some kind of high res device so I have rather accurate x-y (angles) coordonates for these 3 points (0.01� rms). From this, I want to precisely compute my position and the orientation. Does anybody knows where I can find some usable formula for this. Before I spend the night doing the maths ;-) Thanks Marc "Marc Battyani" <Marc.Battyani@fractalconcept.com> writes: > I have 3 light sources on the ceiling that form an equilateral triangle. With an equilat...

From 3d To 3d
Hi to all, i would like to know if i can create a 3d model of the face of a person without using a 3D scanner. Could i use a normal digital photo camera??? Thanks Yeap you sure can, Its called structure from motion, you need to take several images from different angles, calculate the F matrix for the camera parameters of each camera, detect features common in all images (try harris corners) reproject the features from the images or view frame into some common view frame, triangulate the features (aka vertexes), taking into account reprojection errors etc and your done. Arash Partow ___...

math =!= mathematica
Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following commands in a commandline session of mathematica 7 or inside a notebook? It also seems to be different in different Mathematica versions for the notebook format. See http://www.risc.jku.at/people/hemmecke/mathematica/ for the notebook files for Mathematica 5.2, 6.0, 7.0. Can someone explain the General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? According to http://reference.wol...

US-CA: Fremont-Support Engineer - 3D Engine Developer - 3D Math
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Support Engineer - 3D Engine Developer - 3D Math - C++ Job Location: CA: Fremont Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-12 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: email only...

Math.random() and Math.round(Math.random()) and Math.floor(Math.random()*2)
Assuming one needs to have a function returning false or true on each call in pseudo-random order.and using JavaScript native Math.random() method as the basis of the pseudo-randomness. Say the variants of such function are: getAnswer1() { var n = Math.round(Math.random()); return n ? true : false; } getAnswer2() { var n = Math.floor(Math.random()*2); return (n==2) ? true : false; } Leaving obvious practical testing by platforms aside: Is there are theoretical considerations that pseudo-randomness (predictability) of either of above will be better or worse than the o...

Mathematica at Math Camp
I taught a group of 32 smart high school kids some Mathematica this week, at the Vermont Governor's Institute in Mathematical Sciences, aka Math Camp. This is my second year doing it, and it's a ton of fun. I had the kids an hour a day in one of our computer equipped classrooms, and this year we added some additional optional computer time in the late afternoons so they could come back and continue working / playing around. (Last year some of them wanted more time, but there was no time in the schedule when they could come back.) You might enjoy looking at graphs and a...

3D MATRIX MATH
Hello, I have a video that is 1k by 1k pixels. I have created a stack that is 1k by 1k by the number of frames. What i would like to do is get a single 1k by 1k image that corrosponds to an operater such as the sum in the z direction. ie An image that shows the sum of the values through all the frames. What is the syntax to perform an operation in the z direction of a matrix? Thanks JML jml wrote: > > > Hello, > > I have a video that is 1k by 1k pixels. > > I have created a stack that is 1k by 1k by the number of frames. > > What i would like to do is get a sing...

Re: Cirlce in 3D?
c33 returns the center of a circle thru 3 points in 3 dimensions. c33[{p1_,p2_,p3_}] := With[{q1 = p1-p3, q2 = p2-p3, q3 = p1-p2}, p3 + ((q2.q2)*(q3.q1)*q1 - (q1.q1)*(q3.q2)*q2)/(2 #.# & @ Cross[q1,q2])] c33 is a closed-form version of c3n, which returns the center of a circle thru 3 points in n dimensions. c3n[{p1_,p2_,p3_}] := Block[{q1 = p1-p3, q2 = p2-p3, c,w1,w2}, c = w1*q1 + w2*q2; p3 + c /. Flatten@Solve[ {c.c == #.#&[q1-c], c.c == #.#&[q2-c]},{w1,w2}]] ----- Ste[hen Gray <stevebg@roadrunner.com> wrote: > I'm looking for a neat formula to find ...

3d math library
hi, I know, this is not the perfect newsgroup to ask for, but worth a try :) I'm in need of a math library which should have those features in descending order (from important to less imporant): * free * small! (only vecs 2d and 3d, matrices quaternions and stuff to manipulate and create those) * left-handed (the Direct3D-way) * bug free and completed (no alpha or such) * portable * OO, (speek: syntactic shugar) * a syntax like this: vector3 v(1.0, 2.0, 3.0); v.normalize(); matrix4 m; m.make_rotation(blah, foo, bar); vector3 v2 = v * m; // and so on and so on I...

Learning maths with mathematica
Hi, I am going to fulfil a lifelong dream and will embark on a long distance physics university course in autumn after spending most of my working life as a professional musician in the abstract world of music. For this endeavour I have to brush up and recover my long lost maths basics. After discovering and trying out Mathematica I have purchased the home version of this amazing program which, after spending some time with it, I consider to be the swiss knife of everything. I would like to ask for recommendations about what would be the best way to use the program...

Re: math =!= mathematica
On 3/23/10 at 4:23 AM, hemmecke@gmail.com (hemmecke) wrote: >Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following >General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. >message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, >then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? >According to >http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/Contexts.html we >have: >`name a symbol in the current context >So why is Mathematica complaining? The message is not telling you the symbol exists in the current cont...

Some 3d Maths Help
Can anyone help me with how to determine aspect and elevation angles. I have x,y,z,roll,pitch,yaw data for an object in space and need to work what aspect and elevation would observed from another fixed point in 3d space. If anyone has done this or has some sample code I would me most grateful. ...

Web resources about - Cirlce in 3D? - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Cirlce K clerk fired for shooting gun at robber because of 'no gun' policy
DOUGLASVILLE, GA - Johnny Jarriel wasn't trying to wave people into a Douglas County convenience store Friday afternoon. He was standing on ...

2012 London Film Critics Cirlce Awards Archives »
Another awards ceremony, another The Artist triumph. Michel Hazanavicius ’ silent film continues its near sweep of awards season as it took home ...

Beer Week: Bikes and beer come full cirlce - Things to do in Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay Times
At Chain Links and Craft Drinks, bikes lined the rack and leaned up against patio tables at the Independent Bar and Cafe in Tampa as patrons ...

Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Defend Jack McBrayer at the Wiener's Cirlce (Video)
Conan O&#39;Brien sends famously nice Jack McBrayer to famously mean Wiener&#39;s Circle with a canine companion

Scene It? Movie Game Now On Facebook
Scene It? Movie Game Now On Facebook

Companies - CrunchBase
Company profiles

Cutting (sport) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A cutting horse is an athletic and willing animal possessing an innate "cow sense" and ability to respond quickly and turn sharply that is trained ...

The Best of Blog - 1000notes.com
Jump to month ← 2011 2012 January February March April May June July August September October November December ← 2010 2011 2012 → January February ...

This Thing is Like That Thing: Matrimonial Cirlce of Life Edition
And trucks. The three stages of life. Check out rack, Hugo’s, North Dakota. This entry was posted on Monday, September 28th, 2009 at 07:28 and ...

Former Freshfields Barrister Wonders If Your Biglaw Job Is Making You Sick
... Law on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook . Tags: Freshfields , Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer , Health , Health and Wellness , Magic Cirlce ...