Compiler output type

	Some compiled functions yield reals even if the input and necessary output are integers.  How can I force the output to be an integer rather than a real in such cases?  To be clear, not all compiled program output produces reals; some compiled programs, given integer inputs, produce integer outputs.  But some do not.  An example is:

collatz = Compile[{{n, _Integer}}, If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3 n + 1]]

It produces real rather than integer output, and I'd like to force integer output if possible.

	Thanks

	Best,

	Harvey

0
Harvey

Re: Compiler output type
This will do the trick: collatz = Compile[{{n, _Integer}}, If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3 n + 1]//Round] I think that the problem is with n/2. Although the result is guaranteed to be integer, the compiler cannot analyze the code and know it, so the output is set to Real. > Some compiled functions yield reals even if the > e input and necessary output are integers. How can I > force the output to be an integer rather than a real > in such cases? To be clear, not all compiled program > output produces reals; some compiled programs, given > integer inputs, produce integer out...

Compiler compiler with C++ as output
Greetings. Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for fully object-oriented compiler compiler. So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions? With Best Regards, Andrey "Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote > Greetings. > > Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like > to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for > fully object-oriented compiler compiler. > > So far i found only an...

Compiler compiler with C++ as output
Greetings. Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for fully object-oriented compiler compiler. So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions? With Best Regards, Andrey Have a look at Yacc++.... http://tarkus.pha.jhu.edu/scienceArchive/design/YACC++.html ~Rajesh "Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote in message > Greetings. > > Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like > to implement run-time scripting system in...

newbie: compile problem with sys/types.h ipv6
Hi, I'm trying to compile some example code which uses the stat64 function and the following header files: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> When I try to build, I get the error message: c:\0check64\cpp1.cpp(13) : error C2079: 'buf' uses undefined struct '__stat64' I'm running Win2K, Microsoft C++ 6.0. here's the code (very short): // crt_stat.c /* This program uses the _stat64 function to * report information about the file named stat.c. */ #include <time.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <s...

list of valid types of input and output for each mathematica function
is there a list of all the valid input types and output types for all mathematica functions? i mean the valid input and output types for each mathematica function, not just a list of all the types. thanks, Michael Hi, Mathematica is a untyped language and data types does not exist at all. Mathematica has patterns and it is impossible to list all patterns that may accepted by a function, because any expression is a pattern of itself. Regards Jens "Michael" <any14ahug@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bphuiv$1os$1@smc.vnet.net... > is there a lis...

Checking at compile time if type can be output to a stream
I am writing my unit test class, trying to make it similar to Java's JUnit. I want to use templates to cut down on the amount of code I write. So far I have template <typename T> bool Test::assertEquals<T>(const std::string& msg, const T& expected, const T& actual) { if (! registerAssertion( expected == actual ) ) { std::cout << "Failure: " << msg << " expected " << expected << " but got " << actual << std::endl; return false; } else { return true; } } template <typename T> ...

Compiler farm with remote compile output?
I am compiling my application for a number of unix platforms. So far it's been going quite well doing this manually but with time the number of different builds can increase to more then 10 distributions. Naturally it is a hassle to monitor each screen to see if the compile suceeded and with no warnings or errors. Thus I'm interested in automating this to some extent. E.g. it's common that some warning comes up on a specific platform. I'd like to capture this text (which is usually sent to stderr by gcc) and send it to a common machine for analyzing. This would make it ...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding...

Compiled or not compiled
I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in compiled mode. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks Tomy Duby "Tomy Duby" <tomy.duby@agilent.com> wrote in message news:idq8q8$85k$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function > is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in > compiled mode. > Any ideas how to do this? HELP ISDEPLOYED. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com comp.s...

Types in Mathematica
I know there are reasons for Mathematica not being a strongly typed language, but I'm wondering if there are places where a type system might be of use, and how it might be implemented, or simulated. One suggestion from The Mathematica Book is that we could create something like Vector3[x_,y_,z_], and test the head of variables to determine if they are Vector3. I'm not sure exactly where in the book that is, and the Linux version does not have a desktop search, AFAIK. Observations? Suggestions? -- The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/ Math for Comp...

Web resources about - Compiler output type - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...