from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?

http://postimage.org/image/jr35rwdel/

the image above represents spacing rules for engineer stuff. if you
look at it you will see the spacing can be summarized as:

1. 7 foot radius circle drawn around the center point of the
rectangle. This never changes no matter what the dimensions of the
rectangle. So we can ignore this.

2. On the south side of the rectangle, starting at the left and right
corners, a 30 degree line is drawn (making a triangle ABC). Once the
line reaches the 7 foot radius circle, it only goes 13 foot past it
and then curves like a partial circle, keeping 20 feet maximum
distance away from the center of the rectangle at all times. This
changes if the rectangle size is manipulated.

What I need is a way to put this into mathematica or some other
program so I can make it interactive and say, okay my rectangle is 2
foot long and 1 foot wide. Then the drawing would update and show what
it looks like with that size rectangle, and then if someone needed the
rectangle needs to be 3 foot long and 1.5 foot wide, it would auto
update again without having to manually re-calculate by hand each
time?

If I understood correctly, the following piece of code would be the starting point. You'd just have to complete the symmetric triangle and fill in details like Text and nice embellishments.
Manipulate[Graphics[{Circle[{0,0},7],Line[{{h,-d},{h,-d},{h,d},{-h,d},{-h,-d},{h,-d}}],Line[{{h,-d},{h,-20},{20 Sin[30 Degree]-h,-20},{h,-d}}],Circle[{0,0},20]},PlotRange->{{-12,12},{-25,7.5}}],{{d,1},0.5,4},{{h,2},0.5,4}]

-Tomas

> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:34:09 -0400
> From: lukewallace1990@gmail.com
> Subject: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?
> To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
>
> http://postimage.org/image/jr35rwdel/
>
> the image above represents spacing rules for engineer stuff. if you
> look at it you will see the spacing can be summarized as:
>
> 1. 7 foot radius circle drawn around the center point of the
> rectangle. This never changes no matter what the dimensions of the
> rectangle. So we can ignore this.
>
> 2. On the south side of the rectangle, starting at the left and right
> corners, a 30 degree line is drawn (making a triangle ABC). Once the
> line reaches the 7 foot radius circle, it only goes 13 foot past it
> and then curves like a partial circle, keeping 20 feet maximum
> distance away from the center of the rectangle at all times. This
> changes if the rectangle size is manipulated.
>
> What I need is a way to put this into mathematica or some other
> program so I can make it interactive and say, okay my rectangle is 2
> foot long and 1 foot wide. Then the drawing would update and show what
> it looks like with that size rectangle, and then if someone needed the
> rectangle needs to be 3 foot long and 1.5 foot wide, it would auto
> update again without having to manually re-calculate by hand each
> time?

0
tgarza10 (231)