Front end text formatting - fraction font size and text in tables

Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica.

Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size?

Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this?

Many thanks

0
pitchtwit (1)

well look hard for options - there are many that may help.  here's a
clue if you can't find any...

on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction
and the fraction is the same size.  try changing style sheets?

Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text.  For style text the
thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller

StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm

shows it larger.  there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around
every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's
output.  see InputAutoReplacements for one way.  Another way is to
make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it).

Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find
that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font.

HOWEVER.  If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2
is fully double sized again automatically.  ** I'd say pop open the
Style Sheet and see where the difference is there **

sorry if that didn't help

0
johnandsara2 (100)

text + text

text-text

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a pitty to buy it and then find that there's no nice accompanying math font. One of the main reasons why I'd like to use FF Nexus is because it has a serif, a sans serif, a slab serif, and a typewriter typeface which go very well together. I'm thinking of using the serif for the main text, the sans serif for captions, the slab serif for section titles, and the typewriter for identifiers. (You may find more information about FF Nexus on http://www.martinmajoor.com/4_nexus.html.) Again, I'd be much obliged for suggestions. It would be nice if you could let me know why you think a particular suggestion is nice. Of course, ideally the math font should be free. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Marc van Dongen Le 06/06/2011 06:58, Marc van Dongen a �crit : > Dear all, > > > I have two questions. > > 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what pr...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to form...

Text size in tables
Hi, Could someone please tell me how to use a customized font size in Latex for the text in a table? The predifined values tiny, scriptsize, etc. are not valid for me (I need something between tiny and scriptsize). I apologize because I did not realize that I post (this question) previously in Spanish. Thanks in advance. sicotom@eresmas.com wrote: > Could someone please tell me how to use a customized font size in > Latex for the text in a table? The predifined values > tiny, scriptsize, etc. are not valid for me (I need something between > tiny and scriptsize). Use the \fonts...

How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text?
Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face, color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and size) as of the selected text. so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.? Not really. You have to "walk" the document checking the styles as you go along. And You have to watch out for cases where the style changes in the middle of a word (!) and code accordingly to get the desired results. chetan26nov@gmail.com wrote: > Hi,i have selected a text of the documen...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > > > > They are on the Tool Options Palette. This should be the long ribbon Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the new PSP, it's been three long months, but nobody still wants me... I'd forget about trust, place the blame on Z', I think I'll go tie a gold ribbon about the new Adobe :-) Uni ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Formatting a single line without effecting the entire table with the Text::Table module
Hi All, I have a data structure (see script) that I need to printout. I almost have what I need but I cannot figure out how to format just one line (center it ) sample output is: kreimer EMMI CHRISTIAN 0 0 17 TRACEY LUSBY 0 4 0 TONA MCGEAN 0 7 0 Total: 0 11 17 What I would like is the word "kreimer" centered and the other names remain left justified. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Lynn ----------script-------------- use strict; use warnings; use Text::Table; use diagnostics; use Data::Dum...

Design Table and Text Size
I have a part where I need to make several configurations out of it using the Design Tables. The problem that I have is that part of the design includes some text that is etched into the plate. I don't have a problem getting the text onto the plate, but I don't know how to change the font size using the design table. I inserted the text using the sketch tool. I would appreciate any help you can give. ...

Parsing and formatting text, Text::Beautify and/or similar modules
Text::Beautify seems to do a good job. It will just capitalize the first word of each new sentence though. Is their any known way to reformat "ALL CAPS" text and capitalize proper names as well. Starting from scratch it seems like it would take an enormously complicated dictionary. This may be too much to hope for. Thanks On Dec 2, 11:25 am, jbl <jbl0...@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > Text::Beautify seems to do a good job. > It will just capitalize the first word of each new sentence though. > > Is their any known way to reformat "ALL CAPS" text and capi...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

text 2 text

Font and size in controls and text
Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style questions this afternoon, thanks for your help! Graeme In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I > should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in > my other syste...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Why do I get a ? in front of text when open Unicode text file
Hello I have a file which I created in Notepad on Windows. I pasted some text from the clipboard into the file and when I saved I chose in the Save As options Unicode. But when I attempt to open the file like this: typedef std::basic_string<TCHAR> tstring tstring str; DWORD dwSize = GetFileSize (hFile, &fs) ; DWORD dwBytesRead; TCHAR* szRead = new TCHAR[(dwSize + 1)]; BOOL bSuccess = ReadFile(hFile, szRead, dwSize, &dwBytesRead, NULL) ; CloseHandle(hFile); str = szRead; delete [] szRead; There is a ? as the first character of the string in szR...

Font, size and colors of text...
I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? Tks Steph --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 Hello, On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0200, Stephane Collas wrote: > I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered. Sorry, Stepan Kasal In article <blog21$la4$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Stephane Collas <stephane.collas@wanadoo.fr> wrote: % I am won...

Formatting a table in text-output
Hi folks, I have a to display a number of tables but not in html, that would be not a big problem, no I need the tables in text-output. I know, that the most of cell-data can displayd in one row, but some cells will have linebreaks. Maybe someone know a stylesheet doing this formatting work. As example my xml: <table> <col1>hallo</col1> <col2>world</col2> <col3>nice to meet you, hope you are fine</col3> </table> Has to be formatted in this way : MyCol1 MyCol2 MyCol3 hallo world nice to meet you, hope ...

Populating a text box with text string of table contants
Hello Can anyone help me with the following ? I have a table like this.... User_ID User_name User_email 1 Steve stelil@test.com 2 Bob bob@test.com 3 Jim jim@test.com And I would like to have a form with a text box on that show the following results... stelil@test.com <Steve> ; bob@test.com <Bob> ; jim@test.com <Jim> So that the contents of the text box can be cu and pasted into the To: field on an email.So far I have create a form based o...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) > > ...

Web resources about - Front end text formatting - fraction font size and text in tables - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Disk formatting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Disk formatting is the process of preparing a data storage device such as a hard disk drive , solid-state drive , floppy disk or USB flash drive ...

Gmail for Android gets rich text formatting & one-tap RSVPs for calendar invites
Google is announcing two notable new features for Gmail for Android today, including support for rich text formatting and a new “Instant RSVPs” ...

Paper by 53 gains app extension, new text formatting tools on iOS
... Extension so you can easily send images and notes from other apps directly to Paper. The app has also been updated with some new text formatting ...

Formatting « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers ...
Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers, Law School, Law Suits, Judges and Courts

Gmail v5.6 Sets The Stage For Rich Text Formatting And Integration With Calendar Events [APK Teardown ...
The app updates hit quickly yesterday as about a dozen Google apps were given new versions. Among them, Gmail made an incremental bump to v5.6. ...

TextExpander 2.0 Brings Rich Text Formatting, Fill-In Snippets And More
... for Mac . One of the most notable changes brought about by TextExpander’s 2.0 update is the newly added support for rich text formatting. ...

WordEver HD - Text Editor with Redesigned Keyboard and MarkDown syntax & formatting highlight
Holen Sie sich „WordEver HD - Text Editor with Redesigned Keyboard and MarkDown syntax & formatting highlight“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, ...

Macs are vulnerable to Thunderstrike 2 firmware malware that survives formatting
... Thursday, researchers will demonstrate that not only can Macs be remotely infected with malware, but that this malware can survive a user formatting ...

16 Tips on Blog Writing and Formatting
... again. My point is that you ought to take advice with a grain of salt. And that applies to this post as well. Writing blog posts and formatting ...

Productivity at your fingertips with rich text formatting and instant RSVPs
... more important than ever. That’s why today, we’re introducing two new Android features to help you manage your inbox on the go: rich text formatting ...