How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?

How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?
For example, you can autorun a file.nb after double click a .bat file
in windows
I can not handle it well.
Thanks

0
timedcy

On Sep 19, 2:38 am, timedcy <time...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?
> For example, you can autorun a file.nb after double click a .bat file
> in windows
> I can not handle it well.
> Thanks

"C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\7.0\Mathematica.exe"  G:
\data\birthday.nb

"C" would be the drive where your programs are stored, it might be
different if you have Mathematica installed somewhere other than its
default installation.  You need the quotes because of the spaces in
the pathing to the executable file.  G:\data\birthday.nb is the path
and file name you want the executable to open.

If this is not clear please contact me directly and I can explain in
greater detail.

Steven Shippee
Olympia, Washington

0
shippee
9/20/2010 9:41:54 AM
On 20 Sep, 10:41, shippee <slship...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2:38 am, timedcy <time...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?
> > For example, you can autorun a file.nb after double click a .bat file
> > in windows
> > I can not handle it well.
> > Thanks
>
> "C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\7.0\Mathematica.exe"  G:
> \data\birthday.nb
>
> "C" would be the drive where your programs are stored, it might be
> different if you have Mathematica installed somewhere other than its
> default installation.  You need the quotes because of the spaces in
> the pathing to the executable file.  G:\data\birthday.nb is the path
> and file name you want the executable to open.
>
> If this is not clear please contact me directly and I can explain in
> greater detail.
>
> Steven Shippee
> Olympia, Washington

That opens the notebook but doesn't run it.  I am told single-click
execution can be done via MathLink using an.exe file.  Non-trivial,
apparently.

0
Chris
9/21/2010 6:03:22 AM
On Sep 20, 5:41 pm, shippee <slship...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2:38 am, timedcy <time...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?
> > For example, you can autorun a file.nb after double click a .bat file
> > in windows
> > I can not handle it well.
> > Thanks
>
> "C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\7.0\Mathematica.exe"  G:
> \data\birthday.nb
>
> "C" would be the drive where your programs are stored, it might be
> different if you have Mathematica installed somewhere other than its
> default installation.  You need the quotes because of the spaces in
> the pathing to the executable file.  G:\data\birthday.nb is the path
> and file name you want the executable to open.
>
> If this is not clear please contact me directly and I can explain in
> greater detail.
>
> Steven Shippee
> Olympia, Washington

I have do it as you said before, but it donest work because it just
open the nb file. I want to make it run aotumatically and quit

0
timedcy
9/23/2010 8:19:20 AM
Hello Timedcy:

I thought if you make all of the cells into "initialization" cells.
then when it is opened, they will run. No?

Regards..

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory

On Sep 23, 1:19 am, timedcy <time...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 20, 5:41 pm, shippee <slship...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 19, 2:38 am, timedcy <time...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows?
> > > For example, you can autorun a file.nb after double click a .bat file
> > > in windows
> > > I can not handle it well.
> > > Thanks
>
> > "C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\7.0\Mathematica.exe"  =
G:
> > \data\birthday.nb
>
> > "C" would be the drive where your programs are stored, it might be
> > different if you have Mathematica installed somewhere other than its
> > default installation.  You need the quotes because of the spaces in
> > the pathing to the executable file.  G:\data\birthday.nb is the path
> > and file name you want the executable to open.
>
> > If this is not clear please contact me directly and I can explain in
> > greater detail.
>
> > Steven Shippee
> > Olympia, Washington
>
> I have do it as you said before, but it donest work because it just
> open the nb file. I want to make it run aotumatically and quit- Hide quot=
ed text -

running mathematica from command line
Hi All, I am trying to run mathematica from the command line with the following statements on my mac: 1) mathematica has no problem with the statement below /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m 2) however, mathematica automatically quit the program as soon as I execute the following command. nohup nice /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m > output.out & I was wondering if there is a special command to run under the Mac. Please help. Thanks ...

Running programs from the command line in Mathematica
Hello, Basically, I would like to run the following command from Mathematica: idl /users/burkart/idlpro/autoexportdata.bat If I type this command into a terminal (I'm running Mac OSX Leopard), it works perfectly well. However, if I try the same thing using Mathematica's Run[] command, it does not execute and I get the following result: In[9]:= Run["idl /users/burkart/idlpro/autoexportdata.bat"] Out[9]= 32512 The error code Run[] produces is the same every time and I don't know what it means (might be OS-specific). The command, when executed from the term...

multiple files in command line arguments or adding command line arguments to a running application
Hi, &nbsp; I want to be able to open more than one data file in my stand-alone labview application. I can open one file by using cmdarg variable just fine. I want to be able to either a) have multiple files in the cmdarg variable (I can parse them if they are appended into one string, but now windows is just giving me one file that i clicked even though I may have 3 of them selected in explorer) or b) add files one at a&nbsp;time by clicking them, but I want these files to be going to the same labview application (to be appended to the cmdarg?), not starting a new copy of the Labview...

problem with running mathematica with & sign from command line
Hi All, I am trying to run a notebook that I have created from command line with & sign at the end, and ran into a problem with mathematica quitting the program immediately. I am running mathematica on my Mac. I have no problem when running from the command line with the following statement without the "&" sign: /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m where "test.m" is a script that contains the notebook that I have created. However, mathematica is automatically stop executing when I run from the command lin...

Running .sce files in command line
Hi, I have a very basic question that I haven't been able to find an answer to online. Am new to SCILAB, and am running it on both a Windows (Vista) and a UNIX system. I have an .sce file that I am trying to execute within the terminal (in both these OS's) - and am unable to find the syntax to do so under either platform. Would be very grateful for any ideas. I currently am trying "scilab -f x.sce" (with the right path) but to no avail. Does the .sce file need to end with "exit" if I want to run it entirely within the terminal? Can the -nw option help? ...

Keeping window open after running php file from the command line ?
Hi all, I was getting a 500 error and someone adviced me to run the php file from the command line to check what errors that would come up with. Great idea which I'd like to use, but when I use the Windows "run" box to do this, I see a window open and close so quickly that there's no way for me to read what's come up. How can I force the window to stay open after the program has finished ? Just in case it's needed, I run the tests on a Win XP machine with Apache. Thanks in advance, Juliette That's what the "DOS" /K switch is for. -- "jr...

Running two silmultaneous instances of mathematica using a command line
We have Mathematica 5.0 for Windows running a real-time SPC manufacturing application. We can manually set two notebooks to run simultaneously in two separate instances of Mathematica. However, we would like to programmatically set up Mathematica so that an in-house scheduler program shutdowns and starts both Mathematica processes when any out-of-our-control situation occurs. When running our non-Mathematica scheduler, if we send to execute "Mathematica.exe first.nb" the application starts running first.nb successfully. If we send the second notebook to execute ("...

How to run ".nb" file always in dos command line
Hi,everybody,I have met an problem when run mathematica in DOS interface. I will tell you this confuse: in "1.nb" file, I have written a sentence: Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 6 Pi}], then I run 1.nb in DOS command line with "> 1.nb", it will be opened in a moment. now I want to evaluate "1.nb" in DOS in order to generate the figure of Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 6 Pi}]. but I don't know how to send order to mathematica. In a word, I want to execute all process in DOS command not under notebook interface through "shift + enter". combination. Thank you fo...

Mathematica nb file => TeX file ?
Hallo MathGroup readers, all the nice features of Mathematica which allows to save even sophisticated nb files in formats such as CDF and pdf are (unfortunately) irrelevant when it comes to the point of preparing some documents for conference proceedings. For example, Springer Verlag always requires that articles are submitted in (La)TeX format which would require a lot of additional effort to retype formulas etc. and copy pictures separately into the TeX document. To my opinion, TeX was a great achievement in the 80-ies, but 30 years later it seems to me that this is some kin...

run command line on Windows without showing DOS console window
is there anyway to run command line on Windows without showing DOS console window ? can you use the following command line to give a little example ? wget -r -np -nd http://example.com/packages/ the path to wget is C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe On 20/11/2013 14:44, iMath wrote: > > > is there anyway to run command line on Windows without showing DOS console window ? > > can you use the following command line to give a little example ? > > wget -r -np -nd http://example.com/packages/ > > the path to wget is C:\Program Files\GnuWin...

run an .exe file whitout matlab with window command and an input file
Hello, I need some help about running an exe file from matlab on windows plateform which didn't have Matlab. I have already read this posting ( http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/303833 ) which is kind of the same problem, but not the same error. My .exe file needs an input file .txt to work. So, on the command window, I try this command : " MyExe < inputfile.txt" But it returns : " Error using "Myfunction.m" (first line) Not enough input arguments Matlab minrhs" However, the function did work before compilation. ...

How to call or run a NB file in another NB file?
Hi guys, I met a problem, in ABC.nb , I need to run XYZ.nb, is there any function to execute the XYZ.nb in ABC.nb? cheers, leo Leo.Chen wrote: > I met a problem, in ABC.nb , I need to run XYZ.nb, is there any > function to execute the XYZ.nb in ABC.nb? Make the vital lines in XYZ.nb "Initialization" cells then save it to create XYZ.m this can now be run with the "Get" or "Needs" function as a Package <<XYZ` you will probably want it in the same directory as your current notebook; Mathematica won't look there unless you...

running in windows and from command line
I am trying to write a little program that can be run as a Windows program or as a command line program. I'm really not sure the best way to do this, so what I came up with so far was to check for command line parameters (code shown below). This works, except that printf()'s don't display anything. Is there a better way to do this? WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int pszCmdLine) { if(ParamStr(5)!="") { main1(); //command line mode return(0); } try { Application->Initialize(); Application->CreateForm(__classid(TForm1), &Form1); Application->Run(); } You dont need any of that windows-api stuff, just write a normal main function: int main() { printf("Hello world!!\n"); return 0; } and you should get a command line program. -- Gustav Svensson gurra@matris.org Ken Innes wrote: > I am trying to write a little program that can be run as a Windows > program or as a command line program. I'm really not sure the best way > to do this, so what I came up with so far was to check for command > line parameters (code shown below). This works, except that printf()'s > don't display anything. Is there a better way to do this? > > WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int pszCmdLine) > { > if(ParamStr(5)!="") { > main1(); //command line mode > return(0); > } > try > ...

how to run a shell command in mathematica?
Hi, I want to change some file's mode such as "chmod a+x some-file" in mathematica, what should i do? thx! Type in the following command in your Mathematica notebook Run["chmod a+x some-file"] Type in the following command in your Mathematica notebook Run["chmod a+x some-file"] ...

How to load and save values from m file and then manipulate by calling fom command window without running all the m file again
Dear friends, please help me in this problem. i ran a progam which takes comparatively long time. i have ti run the program again and again for checking differen parameters. i know there is a way of saving the data some where, like writn save data.mat at the end and then loading from the command window like load data.mat, but i m not sure about the syntax, without running all the m file over again. ImageAnalyst pointed out a method but i donot folow that, i tried over but could not get my expected result. could some body please help me ni this? i just want to save my time, today i spent the...

Does Mathematica embed non-Mathematica fonts in exported EPS files?
In Mathematica 8.0.4.0 on Windows 7, it seems that EPS files will only embed Mathematica fonts (Math1 et al.); if one tries to use some other font, one gets something like this in the EPS file: 1. In the header comments: %%DocumentNeededResources: font TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%DocumentSuppliedResources: font Mathematica1 %%+ font TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO %%DocumentNeededFonts: TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%DocumentSuppliedFonts: Mathematica1 %%+ TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO %%DocumentFonts: TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%+ Mathematica1 %%+ TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO 2. when the font is used: ...

Running a jar from a command line in Windows
Hello, I am having trouble running a jar from a commind line in Windows. The command is something like: java -jar main.jar -classpath jar1.jar;jar2.jar etc. All required jars are in the directory I'm running from and I get a NoClassDefFoundError on a class that I know is in 1 of my jars. What am doing wrong? Thanks Curt Curt Tabor wrote: > I am having trouble running a jar from a commind line in Windows. The > command is something like: > > java -jar main.jar -classpath jar1.jar;jar2.jar etc. > > All required jars are in the directory I'm running from and I ...

Running M-File from Command Line?
Is there a way to invoke Matlab to run a single m-file? The purpose is to be able to "build" matlab output files from a make file. -- Randy Yates Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Research Triangle Park, NC, USA randy.yates@sonyericsson.com, 919-472-1124 Randy Yates wrote: > Is there a way to invoke Matlab to run a single m-file? > The purpose is to be able to "build" matlab output files > from a make file. matlab -r matlab_cmd I haven't done this since version 3.5 or so, so you might need to play with it. matlab -help does work for release 14 runnin...

How do I know I am running on Windows command line ?
I have an existing perl script that does a "chmod" via "system()". I need to know I am running on Windows to no do the chmod. How do I detect whether perl is being run on the command line ? Many thanks in advance, Aaron >>>>> "AG" == Aaron Gray <ang.usenet@gmail.com> writes: AG> I have an existing perl script that does a "chmod" via "system()". why are you using system when perl has chmod builtin? AG> I need to know I am running on Windows to no do the chmod. check the value of $^O. read perldoc perlvar ...

Run matlab from the command line in Windows
Hi Does anyone know of a way to run matlab from the command prompt in Windows? By run I don't mean launch. The normal behaviour when you type matlab on the command line in Windows is for matlab to be launched in a separate thread and window, and the command immediately returns back to the shell in the command window. What I want to get is the linux-type behaviour of having matlab run in the shell. Calling "matlab -nojvm -nosplash" doesn't work. Any help (or confirmation that this is impossible) would be much appreciated. Oliver Oliver Woodford wrote: > Hi >...

Mathematica, MacOS-X, Command-line
I am trying to use Mathematica v5.2 on the command-line, and I get an error message i don't understand : $ /Applications/Mathematica\ 5.2.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel Mathematica 5.2 for Mac OS X x86 (32-bit) Copyright 1988-2006 Wolfram Research, Inc. Get::noopen: -- Message text not found -- ( /SystemFiles/CharacterEncodings/UTF-8.m) Get::noopen: -- Message text not found -- ( /SystemFiles/CharacterEncodings/MacintoshRoman.m) Get::noopen: -- Message text not found -- ( /SystemFiles/CharacterEncodings/UTF-8.m) General::stop: -- Message text not found -- (Get::noop...

Mathematica NB file to LaTeX for publication?
While the conversion of a (sophisticated) Mathematica nb-file (with many inline formulae etc. ) into a pdf-file works perfectly (at least) with Mathematica V7 I always have a problem with the requirement of conference organizers who request to submit a Mathematica paper in LaTeX form for the proceedings. With the highly advanced Mathematica FrontEnd which easily allows writing texts with sophisticated mathematical notation I think it is a step-back to rewrite the same paper as a LaTeX document again. My question to MathGroup community : is there a program to convert a Mathema...

Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files
Having written a lot of code on M8, I recently switched to M9 and tried to run the code which starts by loading an .mx file written by M8, but M9 wouldn't read it saying that it was written on another machine. This is a major incompatibility issue between M8 and M9. Fortunately I kept my M8 installation, so for now, M9 is useless to me. Please a solution. On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:23:46 AM UTC-5, NBM wrote: > Having written a lot of code on M8, I recently switched to M9 and tried to > > run the code which starts by loading an .mx file written by M8, but M9 wouldn&#...

[Mathematica 6]3 lines of code which crashes Mathematica every time
(* WARNING, SAVE ALL YOUR WORK BEFORE RUNNING THIS *) m = 100; n = 70; A = Table[Table[RandomReal[{0, 100.}], {n}], {m}]; ListPlot3D[A, Mesh -> None, InterpolationOrder -> 0, ColorFunction -> "SouthwestColors", Filling -> Axis] (*Now Mathematica will spin for sometime then disappear.*) Nasser Nasser, On my computer, your code runs fine. It seems you need about 2.5 GB of RAM to run it, though, and it takes more than 5 minutes. Roman. On May 22, 9:14 am, "Nasser Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote: > (* WARNING, SAVE ALL YOUR WOR...

Web resources about - How to run Mathematica nb file in command line in windows? - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Principia states Newton's laws of motion , forming the foundation of classical mechanics , also Newton's law of universal gravitation , and ...

image processing - How do I find Waldo with Mathematica? - Stack Overflow
This was bugging me over the weekend: What is a good way to solve those Where's Waldo? [ 'Wally' outside of North America] puzzles, using Mathematica ...

Stephen Wolfram: The Background and Vision of Mathematica - YouTube
During the Wolfram Mathematica Virtual Conference 2011, Wolfram founder Stephen Wolfram shared the background and vision of Mathematica, including ...

Wolfram Mathematica coming to the iPad
It would appear that Wolfram, the company behind the Siri search engine is bringing its original product, Mathematica , to the iPad. In response ...

Premium Mathematica software free on budget Raspberry Pi
Wolfram Research is giving away its Mathematica software for use on the diminutive, $25 Raspberry Pi computers and debuting a brand-new programming ...

Stephen Wolfram: It was Steve Jobs who named 'Mathematica'
The creator of the answer engine in Siri writes about his long relationship with Jobs Wolfram. Photo: Creative Commons There are a several novel ...

700 New Functions In Wolfram Mathematica 10
Single biggest jump in new functionality in the software's history

New Wolfram Language Brings The Power Of Mathematica To Any Device
... is being expanded into a logic and knowledge engine that can operate locally or in the cloud. Wolfram Research's flagship program Mathematica ...

Mathematica and Wolfram On The Raspberry Pi
[Stephen Wolfram], possibly the only person on Earth who wants a second element named after him, is giving away Mathematica for the Raspberry ...

Wolfram Brings Mathematica Technical Computing to the Web
If you’re a fan of Wolfram’s Mathematica app, you’ll be pleased to hear its comprehensive tools for technical computing are now more accessible. ...