Huge font size for text

I have an issue with printing notebooks; the input cells print in a
small font and the text cells in a huge font.  There is much less
difference between sizes in the on-screen view.  I am using the default
style and have set all options to their defaults (at least, I believe
so).  I'm preparing a notebook for a job application that is important
to me and I want to print my output properly.

Any suggestions as to what has happened (if anything) and how to fix it?

thanks for any help,

Matthew.