Mathematica nb file => TeX file ?

Hallo MathGroup readers,

all the nice features of Mathematica which allows to save even sophisticated nb
files in formats such as CDF and pdf are (unfortunately) irrelevant when it
comes to the point of preparing some documents for conference proceedings. For
example, Springer Verlag always requires that articles are submitted in (La)TeX
format which would require a lot of additional effort to retype formulas etc.
and copy pictures separately into the TeX document. To my opinion, TeX was a
great achievement in the 80-ies, but 30 years later it seems to me that this is
some kind of stone-age IT.

In the case of producing a pdf file it requires (to my experience) only a
printer driver e.g. such as "pdfFactory" which creates reliable pdf files from
Mathematica notebooks directly. Doing the same with "Save as..." within
Mathematica (V8) produce huge pdf files for which e.g. Adobe Acrobat 8
Professional crashes. Thus, I can highly recommend the software tool
"pdfFactory" for this task.

Now, my question is : does anybody know a software tool, not necessarily a
freeware program, (working in a similar way as a printer driver) to produce a
TeX file directly from a Mathematica nb file (with refined graphics etc.) ? Any
recommendations will be appreciated.

Regards,
R. Kragler

--
Prof. Dr. Robert Kragler
Hasenweg 5

0
Dr

What is better: file>print to distiller or file>print to ps file>into distiller?
I noticed that some files WILL convert to pdf by printing to PS-file first, and some ony when you print to distiller 'directly' Is there any difference in the 'quality'of the resulting pdf? Reason I'm asking is because my boss wants to set up a dedicated distiller-server, that we will send ps-files to, to be distilled. But from my experience, i get less failure if I print 'directly' to distiller from the application I'm using. Any comments on this welcome! Yada In message <1069972424.464483@evisp-news-01.ops.asmr-01.energis-idc.net>, Yada <yada@...

file->Grid->file
Hi all, I imported a comma seperated data to PyGridTableBase which is a abstract Grid, I parse and display the information. After update i want to save it back to the comma seperated file, eith the same filename. any suggestions how to do that ? do you know any reference to this subject ? YM ...

Mathematica NB file to LaTeX for publication?
While the conversion of a (sophisticated) Mathematica nb-file (with many inline formulae etc. ) into a pdf-file works perfectly (at least) with Mathematica V7 I always have a problem with the requirement of conference organizers who request to submit a Mathematica paper in LaTeX form for the proceedings. With the highly advanced Mathematica FrontEnd which easily allows writing texts with sophisticated mathematical notation I think it is a step-back to rewrite the same paper as a LaTeX document again. My question to MathGroup community : is there a program to convert a Mathema...

How to generate tex file that includes other tex files?
I have a LaTeX document that I organized by separating sections into independent tex files and grouping them all with calls to \include and \input, but now I need to generate a version of this document that is contained in a single tex file. I've gave some text macro languages a try (the C preprocessor, and M4), but it appears that they require some sort of text mangling and introduce comments on the output file. Does anyone know of a better, or effective, way of generating a single tex document where all calls to \input and \include are replaced with the contents of those files? ...

Does Mathematica embed non-Mathematica fonts in exported EPS files?
In Mathematica 8.0.4.0 on Windows 7, it seems that EPS files will only embed Mathematica fonts (Math1 et al.); if one tries to use some other font, one gets something like this in the EPS file: 1. In the header comments: %%DocumentNeededResources: font TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%DocumentSuppliedResources: font Mathematica1 %%+ font TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO %%DocumentNeededFonts: TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%DocumentSuppliedFonts: Mathematica1 %%+ TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO %%DocumentFonts: TrumpMediaeval-Roman %%+ Mathematica1 %%+ TrumpMediaeval-Roman-MISO 2. when the font is used: ...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files
Having written a lot of code on M8, I recently switched to M9 and tried to run the code which starts by loading an .mx file written by M8, but M9 wouldn't read it saying that it was written on another machine. This is a major incompatibility issue between M8 and M9. Fortunately I kept my M8 installation, so for now, M9 is useless to me. Please a solution. On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:23:46 AM UTC-5, NBM wrote: > Having written a lot of code on M8, I recently switched to M9 and tried to > > run the code which starts by loading an .mx file written by M8, but M9 wouldn&#...

source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chanel(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB
source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chane l(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB ...

source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chanel(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB #2
How to approach the problem source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chane l(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB ...

I have sounds in Mathematica -> want sound files
How to get from a to b: I remember something I found a while back in a search but can't find it again. I want a music/ sound file wav, aiff or mp3 from a Mathematica sound. And I don't want to buy an expensive package to do it. Thanks, Roger L. Bagula Hi, Export[] can write the sound formats supported on you system and one of the free mp3 encoders like Lame will produce the mp3 file from it .. Regards Jens "Roger L. Bagula" wrote: > > How to get from a to b: > I remember something I found a while back in a search but can't find ...

unable to solve : source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chanel(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB
Unable to get the solution for : source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chane l(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB ...

Re: Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files
On 12/14/12 at 2:58 AM, noomenov@gmail.com (noomen mechri) wrote: >Thanks for your reply! yes, that's what I had to do ... rerun the >whole calculation on M9 which again took a few hours!! (I know ... >not good at optimizing code) But then what is the purpose of having >.mx files to save the workspace variables for future use ... if they >can only be read by the version in which they have been produced ... >it is senseless ... No. It is still useful for saving time from one session to the next in the same version on the same machine. It is just the .mx format...

How to call or run a NB file in another NB file?
Hi guys, I met a problem, in ABC.nb , I need to run XYZ.nb, is there any function to execute the XYZ.nb in ABC.nb? cheers, leo Leo.Chen wrote: > I met a problem, in ABC.nb , I need to run XYZ.nb, is there any > function to execute the XYZ.nb in ABC.nb? Make the vital lines in XYZ.nb "Initialization" cells then save it to create XYZ.m this can now be run with the "Get" or "Needs" function as a Package <<XYZ` you will probably want it in the same directory as your current notebook; Mathematica won't look there unless you...

RE : I have sounds in Mathematica -> want sound files
Hello ! You can use Export. For example, let blabla be the sound : In[8]:= blabla = Play[Sin[220*Pi*t], {t, 0, 5}] In[9]:= Export["T:\\mySound.wav", blabla]; The first argument of Export is the file path with name and extension. If you want to put it in the disk C:\\myDocuments\\sound_files : Export["C:\\myDocuments\\sound_files ", blabla]; Regards F.Jaccard -----Message d'origine----- De�: Roger L. Bagula [mailto:rlbtftn@netscape.net] Envoy�: mardi, 15. juin 2004 08:50 ��: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net Objet�: I have sounds in Mathem...

Web resources about - Mathematica nb file => TeX file ? - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Principia states Newton's laws of motion , forming the foundation of classical mechanics , also Newton's law of universal gravitation , and ...

image processing - How do I find Waldo with Mathematica? - Stack Overflow
This was bugging me over the weekend: What is a good way to solve those Where's Waldo? [ 'Wally' outside of North America] puzzles, using Mathematica ...

Stephen Wolfram: The Background and Vision of Mathematica - YouTube
During the Wolfram Mathematica Virtual Conference 2011, Wolfram founder Stephen Wolfram shared the background and vision of Mathematica, including ...

Wolfram Mathematica coming to the iPad
It would appear that Wolfram, the company behind the Siri search engine is bringing its original product, Mathematica , to the iPad. In response ...

Premium Mathematica software free on budget Raspberry Pi
Wolfram Research is giving away its Mathematica software for use on the diminutive, $25 Raspberry Pi computers and debuting a brand-new programming ...

Stephen Wolfram: It was Steve Jobs who named 'Mathematica'
The creator of the answer engine in Siri writes about his long relationship with Jobs Wolfram. Photo: Creative Commons There are a several novel ...

700 New Functions In Wolfram Mathematica 10
Single biggest jump in new functionality in the software's history

New Wolfram Language Brings The Power Of Mathematica To Any Device
... is being expanded into a logic and knowledge engine that can operate locally or in the cloud. Wolfram Research's flagship program Mathematica ...

Mathematica and Wolfram On The Raspberry Pi
[Stephen Wolfram], possibly the only person on Earth who wants a second element named after him, is giving away Mathematica for the Raspberry ...

Wolfram Brings Mathematica Technical Computing to the Web
If you’re a fan of Wolfram’s Mathematica app, you’ll be pleased to hear its comprehensive tools for technical computing are now more accessible. ...