Mathematica Training in Amsterdam #2

CANdiensten is pleased to offer the following Mathematica
courses in Amsterdam.

Courses are delivered as instructor-led classes in computer
classroom facilities. Course topics are presented with
alternating sessions of lectures and exercises. All classes
feature low student-teacher ratios.

Interactivity in Mathematica
basic principles for constructing Graphical User Interfaces (free)
Tuesday, 20 May
http://www.can.nl/events/details.php?id=48

Introduction to Mathematica (free)
Tuesday, 3 June
http://www.can.nl/events/details.php?id=6

Programming with Mathematica (free)
Tuesday, 24 June
http://www.can.nl/events/details.php?id

Seating is limited, so register as early as possible to
reserve your place.

Sincerely,

Dick Verkerk

--
Join Wolfram's European Technology Conference Frankfurt,
Tuesday and Wednesday, 27 and 28 May 2014

Why Mathematica?
Because principles matter
http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/compare-mathematica

Check out our complete event list at:
http://www.can.nl/events/

_________________________

CANdiensten, Nieuwpoortkade 23-25, NL-1055 RX Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 820 8626  F: +31 (0)20 820 8629  E: verkerk@can.nl
_________________________

Your Partner in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics and Digital Testing!

0
Dick

Mathematica Training in Amsterdam
Dear Mathematica Users, CANdiensten provides Mathematica courses which might be of interest to you or your colleagues. The courses are offered at our training facilities in Amsterdam. Register now for one, or more, of the following Mathematica courses: o Introduction to Mathematica o Programming with Mathematica Introduction to Mathematica by Professor Fred Simons ____________________________________________ March 10 and April 14 in Amsterdam - euro 95,- excluding VAT The course offers an overview of Mathematica's many rich features. The broad knowledge...

Wolfram reinvents Mathematica with Mathematica 6 #2
Mathematica 6 is now available, introducing over 1,000 groundbreaking technologies developed over more than a decade at Wolfram Research. Mathematica 6 takes technical computing to a new level: more tightly bound, more natural, and more automated, applicable to a far wider range of areas than ever before. Central to this achievement is "instant interactivity"--taking models, computations, or just about any concept and turning them into fully interactive applications, sometimes within seconds. In addition to the new capabilities for instant development, Mathematica 6 is also optimiz...

Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica #2
On 12/13/05 at 3:41 AM, hattons@globalsymmetry.com (Steven T. Hatton) wrote: >Has anybody read both of Roman Maeder's books _The Mathematica >Programmer_ and _Programming in Mathematica_? I specifically mean >the out of print first volume of the former. Yes. I have copies of each within arms length of my desk. >Dose _The Mathematica Programmer_ give a significantly different >perspective than what is presented in _Programming in Mathematica_? I am not sure there is much difference in perspective. But there is a difference in the information covered. Prog...

WinXP and Mathematica 2.2.3.2
Hi! Just one question: is it possible to run Mathematica 2.2.3.2 under Windows XP Home Edition??? "Sieghard Seyrling" <sseyrlin@student.ethz.ch> wrote in message news:<bsjlkb$252$1@smc.vnet.net>... > Hi! > Just one question: is it possible to run Mathematica 2.2.3.2 under Windows > XP Home Edition??? Enjoy Mathematica 2.2 under Windows XP! In[1] := $Version Out[1] = Windows 387 2.2 (April 9, 1993) In[2] := Integrate[Integrate[Integrate[Sqrt[(3 - (x + y + z))/\ (1 + x + y + z)], {x, 0, 1}], {y, 0, 1}], {z, 0, 1}] Out[2] = (1...

Mathematica Hands-On Training Courses in Amsterdam
CANdiensten is pleased to offer the following Mathematica courses in Amsterdam. Courses are delivered as instructor-led classes in computer classroom facilities. Course topics are presented with alternating sessions of lectures and exercises. All classes feature low student-teacher ratios. M205: Visualization in Mathematica Tuesday, 28 September http://www.can.nl/events/details.php?id=65 M215: Applied Statistical Analysis Thursday, 30 September http://www.can.nl/events/details.php?id=66 Dynamic Interactivity with Mathematica Tuesday, 5 October http://www.can.nl/events/d...

Re: Mathematica 7 much slower than Mathematica 6 on Limit #2
Sir, thank you. I guess I learned something. It's funny that changing the 1 in the p[k_] definition didn't help at all. Rob I was talking about the 1 in the second sqrt a few lines lower, in the Limit function. On my PC, written as "1." the calculation takes 6 seconds and when written as "1" it takes 104 seconds. This with fresh kernels for each new calculation. With the 1 in the definition of p changed to "1." the calulation takes 45 seconds; faster than before but not as fast as with the second 1 changed to "1.". With both 1'...

Re: Mathematica 6 -> Mathematica 7, Histogram problem #2
Histogram[Range[Length[vector]] - 1, Length[vector], vector &, PlotRange -> All] Bob Hanlon ---- Richard Trilling <trilling@orange.fr> wrote: ============= Thank you, "Bob Hanlon" <hanlonr@cox.net> wrote in message news:gj55id$c5e$1@smc.vnet.net... > vector = {4, 4, 16, 17, 7, 9, 10, 20, 5, 9}; > > data = Flatten[ > Inner[Table[#1, {#2}] &, Range[Length[vector]] - 1, vector, List]]; > Histogram[data, Length[vector]] > > Histogram[Range[Length[vector]] - 1, Length[vector], vector &] > > Bob Hanlon T...

Re: math glyphs from non-Mathematica font #2
On Sat, 9 May 2009 00:53:20 -0400, Shiva Kaul wrote: > On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM, John Fultz <jfultz@wolfram.com> wrote:> > Not sure what characters you're talking about, as they seem to have gotten > >> muddled in the post. But if, for example, you're wanting something >> like the >> \[Times] and \[Divide] character to come from another font, I don't >> believe >> there's a way to do that. >> > > Thank you for the clarification. This limitation is understandable since > Mathematica needs to map va...

math =!= mathematica
Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following commands in a commandline session of mathematica 7 or inside a notebook? It also seems to be different in different Mathematica versions for the notebook format. See http://www.risc.jku.at/people/hemmecke/mathematica/ for the notebook files for Mathematica 5.2, 6.0, 7.0. Can someone explain the General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? According to http://reference.wol...

mathematica #2
[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator] hello, please help me with this problem ai have the next code : a = {{1, 4}, {34, 5}} b = {{12, 4}, {4, 35}} and ai want to obtain a matrix like this: rez={{1+12,4+4},{34+4,5+35}} .. if i use c = {{StringForm["a[[1,1]]+b[[1,1]]"], StringForm["a[[1,2]]+b[[1,2]]"]}, {StringForm["a[[2,1]]+b[[2,1]]"], StringForm["a[[2,2]]+b[[2,2]]"]}} i obtain : \!\(\*FormBox[ RowBox[...

Mathematica
http://www.wolfram.com/ Mathematica seems to have similar problems or did I miss something? (Sure thing!) *\jk not the q's wrote: > http://www.wolfram.com/ > > Mathematica seems to have similar problems or > did I miss something? (Sure thing!) Similar problems to what? -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u "Jon Harrop" <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote in message news:UKOdnUZhX4DzJ97VnZ2dnUVZ8tfinZ2d@posted.plusnet... > not the q's wrote: >> http://www.wolfram.com/ >&...

Trying to use Mathematica as "word processor" for my math homework #2
Howdy, I have recently returned to grad school, and am attempting to use mathematica as my "word processor" for my math-related homework. There are a few annoying things that keep happening to my attempts at this, and I thought I'd describe them here in hopes that someone would have some better suggestions. For an example of what I've been doing, see http://www.cse.psu.edu/~rsharris/spamlog/ExampleHW.nb My motivations are (a) it will give me a clean output that will be easier on the grader's eyes, (b) it will make it easier for me to edit changes to e...

Mathematica
Hi All Any one knows if there are any good summary of important command to be use in mathematica with simple instruction and graphics to go along? I just started using this software and hope to grab some basics. The tutorial in the software not too appealing for me. I do not know why rgds and thanks Jason Jason, The best thing is to give yourself a crash course in Mathematica before attempting to use it in your work or studies. The best course is to work through most of Part I of The Book, actually typing in commands and seeing that they work. The only way to learn the s...

RE: Trying to use Mathematica as "word processor" for my math homework #2
Hi Bob, <snippage> > It seems like what I'm after is the same sort of set up that > someone writing > a paper for publicatiojn would need. Have looked for such > examples, but > have not found any. Try Paul Abbott's examples at http://www.physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul/publications.html. In the conference publications section, there are some tutorials. There are also some theses as notebooks that may suit your purposes. Regards, Dave. ========================================== Dr. David Annetts EM Modelling Analyst CSIRO DEM ...

Web resources about - Mathematica Training in Amsterdam #2 - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Principia states Newton's laws of motion , forming the foundation of classical mechanics , also Newton's law of universal gravitation , and ...

image processing - How do I find Waldo with Mathematica? - Stack Overflow
This was bugging me over the weekend: What is a good way to solve those Where's Waldo? [ 'Wally' outside of North America] puzzles, using Mathematica ...

Stephen Wolfram: The Background and Vision of Mathematica - YouTube
During the Wolfram Mathematica Virtual Conference 2011, Wolfram founder Stephen Wolfram shared the background and vision of Mathematica, including ...

Wolfram Mathematica coming to the iPad
It would appear that Wolfram, the company behind the Siri search engine is bringing its original product, Mathematica , to the iPad. In response ...

Premium Mathematica software free on budget Raspberry Pi
Wolfram Research is giving away its Mathematica software for use on the diminutive, $25 Raspberry Pi computers and debuting a brand-new programming ...

Stephen Wolfram: It was Steve Jobs who named 'Mathematica'
The creator of the answer engine in Siri writes about his long relationship with Jobs Wolfram. Photo: Creative Commons There are a several novel ...

700 New Functions In Wolfram Mathematica 10
Single biggest jump in new functionality in the software's history

New Wolfram Language Brings The Power Of Mathematica To Any Device
... is being expanded into a logic and knowledge engine that can operate locally or in the cloud. Wolfram Research's flagship program Mathematica ...

Mathematica and Wolfram On The Raspberry Pi
[Stephen Wolfram], possibly the only person on Earth who wants a second element named after him, is giving away Mathematica for the Raspberry ...

Wolfram Brings Mathematica Technical Computing to the Web
If you’re a fan of Wolfram’s Mathematica app, you’ll be pleased to hear its comprehensive tools for technical computing are now more accessible. ...