packages...

Dear Friends:
I want to create a relatively complex package, with the following structure:

`mypackage`Master, which can be invoked if one wants all the utilities, and which calls all the subpackages (each one with several functions)

and

`mypackage`Utilities1, ..., `myPackage`Utilitiesn,

which ought to be available for being called independently if one only needs a couple of specific functions.

Furthermore, `myPackage`Master has common function that all the subpackages need. What is the best way to proceed? Is it possible to put the common functions in the Master package, and that each subpackage calls them when needed?

Thanks for your help
Francisco

0
Francisco

New Mathematica package and Math Arts
Let me inform Mathematica community about new Mathematica package on Graph Tree Ltd. site http://www.graphtree.com/ Symbolic and numeric polynomial approximations: (a) LDEs, functions (b) initial and boundary value problems (IVPs, BVPs) (d) BVPs and IVPs with regular singular points Besides that: 1. 3D screensavers for Mathematica users (MathLogo 4,5 ...) 2. High quality desktop backgrounds (math themes) Best regards, -- Helen Golovina, Information service, Graph Tree Ltd. http://www.graphtree.com/ ...

UTS discrete math packages: missing DiscreteMath package(s)
From MathSource, #4531, I downloaded the (rather old) "Discrete Mathematics" packages in the form of the executable file discretemaths.exe. When this is run it sets up a UTS directory with various notebooks and packages. In directory UTS/Project there is a notebook Master.nb which has an initialization cell that is supposed to load DiscreteMath`Master`. But I find no such package. Is there an entire subdirectory DiscreteMath missing from that distribution? Note that there is a directory UTS/SetTheory. -- Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.e...

Mathematica Packages
Hello, in connection with my oo system for Mathemathica I implemented an alternative method for calling functions in packages. The method is especially important for calling the functions in objects, but it may also be used outside objects, if the oo system is loaded. The method has the advantage, that functions with the same name in different packages may be used at the same time. No shadowing problems occur. The contexts of the packages are not included in the context path. The method is described in my documentation of the oo system on pages 4,5 on my web site: www.schmitther.de...

math =!= mathematica
Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following commands in a commandline session of mathematica 7 or inside a notebook? It also seems to be different in different Mathematica versions for the notebook format. See http://www.risc.jku.at/people/hemmecke/mathematica/ for the notebook files for Mathematica 5.2, 6.0, 7.0. Can someone explain the General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? According to http://reference.wol...

Math package
I want to write a program which would have a 2 dimensional array of 1 billion by 1 billion. This is for computational purposes and evaluating a mathematical concept similar to Erdos number. Which is the best package for such programs (that would be fast enough). Every help is appreciated. Thanks I think you need one of these: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/deepcomputing/bluegene.html Don't know if it runs python. If that doesn't work try to reformulate your problem and have a look at http://scipy.org/ Cheers, Bas diffuser78@gmail.com wrote: > I want to write a program whic...

Math.random() and Math.round(Math.random()) and Math.floor(Math.random()*2)
Assuming one needs to have a function returning false or true on each call in pseudo-random order.and using JavaScript native Math.random() method as the basis of the pseudo-randomness. Say the variants of such function are: getAnswer1() { var n = Math.round(Math.random()); return n ? true : false; } getAnswer2() { var n = Math.floor(Math.random()*2); return (n==2) ? true : false; } Leaving obvious practical testing by platforms aside: Is there are theoretical considerations that pseudo-randomness (predictability) of either of above will be better or worse than the o...

Matrix math package
I've been asked by the 1076.1 (analog VHDL) for a matrix math package. I put my first cut of a "real_matrix" package on line at: http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/real_matrix_pkg.tar This includes the package, package body and a short testbench. It still needs some documentation, and probably a few more functions. This is for type "real" only. Please tell me what you think. Once we understand what is needed I can also do this with "signed" and "sfixed" types. On 15 Mai, 05:13, David Bishop <dbis...@vhdl.org> wrote: > I've been asked by t...

Mathematica at Math Camp
I taught a group of 32 smart high school kids some Mathematica this week, at the Vermont Governor's Institute in Mathematical Sciences, aka Math Camp. This is my second year doing it, and it's a ton of fun. I had the kids an hour a day in one of our computer equipped classrooms, and this year we added some additional optional computer time in the late afternoons so they could come back and continue working / playing around. (Last year some of them wanted more time, but there was no time in the schedule when they could come back.) You might enjoy looking at graphs and a...

how to create a mathematica package
how to create a mathematica package File -> New -> Package (.m) -> Go Cheers Patrick PS: http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 04:01 -0400, lynette wrote: > how to create a mathematica package > On Jul 10, 10:01 am, lynette <xiao...@gmail.com> wrote: > how to create a mathematica package If you have a cell with the Initialization Cell property (which you set by going to the menu Cell> Cell Properties> Initialization cell) then the first time you save the notebook it will ask if you want to autogenerate ...

Java Math packages
Hi, I have built up a list of Java Math packages. A lot seem to have overlaping features, but I am not an expert. Since, I am not an expert, I would like recommendations on what to use: I would like the union of features but the intersection of packages, ;) Imagine for example that I would like to build up a general math API, or extend the Java language. I would like to find a combination of Java Math packages to have a all in one/general pupose/ complete API to build other packages on top of it: AI package, general science package. What packages should I consider ? What is the useful combin...

mathematica packages on Maple
Hi all, Has anyone ever tried to get a package written for Mathematica to run on Maple? The Package is Called KnotTheory and is basically a Java program that runs through Mathematica (I think). Does Maple have a way of reading these? Is this just wishful thinking? ...

Package for maths exercises
Dear All, I am planning to write a book of mathematics exercises. Is there some LaTeX package suitable for writing nice looking maths exercises? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul Smith schrieb: > Dear All, > > I am planning to write a book of mathematics exercises. Is there some > LaTeX package suitable for writing nice looking maths exercises? > > Thanks in advance, > > Paul > Visit <http://www.tex.ac.uk/CTANfind.html> => "Search the Catalogue For a Keyword" and search for exercise. There are a few interesting hits. Uwe On Sep 14, 6:21 am...

Baseball Package for Mathematica
Hello Baseball Fans: Version 2.6 of my free Baseball Mathematica Package is available! Installation instructions and an overview of the package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMDG_ZSRkw You can download the package at http://home.comcast.net/~kmlevasseur/erm/ For more about retrosheet: http://www.retrosheet.org Ken Levasseur ...

package SYS.DBMS_STATS
Hello, When I execute the statistic package: SYS.DBMS_STATS, on my database whith more 9.000.000 records My scrip with system/manager exec dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'ENAV',estimate_percent=>10,cascade=>TRUE I have this error message. What can I do? BEGIN dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'ENAP',estimate_percent=>10,cascade=>TRUE); END; ERREUR � la ligne 1 : ORA-00933: La commande SQL ne se termine pas correctement ORA-06512: � "SYS.DBMS_STATS", ligne 9375 ORA-06512: � "SYS.DBMS_STATS", ligne 9857 ORA-06512...

Java Math packages
Hi, I have built up a list of Java Math packages. A lot seem to have overlaping features, but I am not an expert. Since, I am not an expert, I would like recommendations on what to use: I would like the union of features but the intersection of packages, ;) Imagine for example that I would like to build up a general math API, or extend the Java language. I would like to find a combination of Java Math packages to have a all in one/general pupose/ complete API to build other packages on top of it: AI package, general science package. What packages should I consider ? What is the useful combi...

Web resources about - packages... - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

CARE Package - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1945, the newly formed CARE (then the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe) initiated a program to send food relief to Europe, where ...

Australian Open 2016: Full Nick Kyrgios package wins first round
After the year that was, this was the reminder that Nick Kyrgios can play tennis, not just the fool.

More infrastructure needed for Duncan Gay's cycling safety package to balance
Big increases in fines on the basis of big increases in lawbreaking among cyclists is misguided.

Australian Open 2016: Full Nick Kyrgios package wins first round
After the year that was, this was the reminder that Nick Kyrgios can play tennis, not just the fool.

ESPN president says Apple ‘frustrated’ over building TV service, expects new packages in 2016
... like Sling TV which include ESPN service without a standalone cable subscription, adding that he believes announcements of similar packages ...

China's Jinping continues MidEast charm offensive as Egypt seeks $15B package
China's Jinping continues MidEast charm offensive as Egypt seeks $15B package

Apple’s still working on a streaming TV package, according to ESPN
... what 2016 has in store for the future of television, as Apple CEO Tim Cook puts it, in apps. Apples still working on a streaming TV package, ...

Amazon Prime Air: Drones to carry 5lb packages over 10 miles in 30 minutes
... policy, said that the company has very specific targets for " Prime Air ." "So Prime Air is a future delivery service that will get packages ...

BMW M2 is proof good things come in small M-badged packages
Filed under: 2016 Detroit Auto Show , BMW , Coupe , Performance BMW revealed the M2 on the floor of the 2016 Detroit Auto Show today, revealing ...

Shipping packages at the Post Office is about to get more expensive
Between the untimely deaths of two incredible performers and the realization that we have to sit through another whole year of campaigning from ...