Re: DSolve test

On 5/9/14 at 2:07 AM, carlos.felippa%colorado.edu@gtempaccount.com
wrote:

>Hi, could somebody try this in Mathematica 9 to see if the bug is
>fixed?

>sol = DSolve[{u'[t] == 2*Sqrt[u[t]], u[0] == 0}, u[t], t];
>Print[sol];

I don't see any evidence of a bug

In[1]:= sol = DSolve[{u'[t] == 2*Sqrt[u[t]], u[0] == 0}, u[t], t]

Out[1]= {{u[t] -> t^2}}

In[2]:= $Version

Out[2]= 9.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (January 24, 2013)

0
Bill

Re: Re: math glyphs from non-Mathematica font
On Fri, 22 May 2009 01:50:51 -0400 (EDT), skkaul wrote: > On May 10, 5:13 am, John Fultz <jfu...@wolfram.com> wrote: > >> <install= >> directory>/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/UnicodeFontMapping.tr >> > Besides the comments, is there any documentation on this file? In > particular, what are type V and H entries, and what font is referenced > by -2? > > Thanks, > Shiva It's not documented because it's not intended for user consumption, although being able to edit it very rarely allows working around certain issues...

Re: math =!= mathematica
On 3/23/10 at 4:23 AM, hemmecke@gmail.com (hemmecke) wrote: >Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following >General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. >message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, >then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? >According to >http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/Contexts.html we >have: >`name a symbol in the current context >So why is Mathematica complaining? The message is not telling you the symbol exists in the current cont...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

Re: The D'Agostino Pearson k^2 test implemented in mathematica / variance of difference sign test
Here is an implementation of the D`Agostino Pearson K^2 test based on the discussion in R. B. D'Agostino and M. A. Stephens, editors. Goodness-of-Fit Techniques. Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1986. In[1]:= << Statistics` (* This defines the SU standard normal approximation for sample skewness given on page 377 of D`Agostino and Stephens. *) In[2]:= susqrtb1[data_, len_] := Block[{y, beta2, wsq, delta, alpha}, y = Skewness[data] Sqrt[(len + 1) (len + 3)/(6 (len - 2))]; beta2 = 3 (len^2 + 27 len - 70) (len + 1) (len + 3)/((len - 2) (len +...

Re: Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica
> -----Original Message----- > From: Steven T. Hatton [mailto:hattons@globalsymmetry.com] > Sent: 15 December 2005 10:30 > Subject: Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming > in Mathematica > ....... > > I wonder what value there woudl be in trying to explain what makes > > Mathematica "functions" different from functions in > languages such as > > C in a book addressed to readers most of whom have no > knowledge of C > > and are not particualry interested in getting it? > > I suspect you will not fi...

RE : RE: Re: Test if a file is open
Thanck you so much. St�phane. -----Message d'origine----- De : Richard A. DeVenezia [mailto:radevenz@ix.netcom.com] Envoy� : mercredi 4 mai 2005 17:28 � : datametric@club-internet.fr; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Objet : Re: RE: Re: Test if a file is open datametric@club-internet.fr wrote: > Shall I understand that a renaming test is the only solution ? St�phane: No I think that is not the only solution. This sample creates an xls, opens it and then checks if SAS can open it. --------------------- %let xlsfile = %sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\Sample.xls; filename myXls "&xlsfile&...

Re: Re: Re: Mathematica language issues
I think most people this entire discussion does not have any practical importance. Obviously something like this: 2*Unevaluated[1+1] 2 Unevaluated[1+1] is extremly unlikely to have any practical use. After all, we use Unevaluated when we want something to remain unevaluated, whereas here only two things can happen: either one will be left with Unevaluated[something] or the "something" will evaluate. Both of these outcomes are obsiously undesirable. Why should one ever use anything like this in a program? In fact if for some unimaginable reason somone neede...

Re: Learning maths with mathematica
Berthold, I would suggest spending an hour per day following threads that seem interesting to you on this MathGroup's postings. Each example of problem or issue related to the use of Mathematica will expose you to practical solutions and very often deep insight that is hard to replicate with books or documentation read in isolation. Yours truly ... Syd Geraghty Syd Geraghty B.Sc., M.Sc. sydgeraghty@me.com San Jose, CA (408) 532 6852 Mathematica 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (November 6, 2010) Licenses: L2983-5890, L3028-2592 MacOS X V 10.6.5 Snow Leopard MacBook Pro ...

test test test test

Re: Re: Re: Any Mathematica 6 book yet?
I must agree about the debugger. I was very excited by the release of Workbench 1.0 because of the promise of a good debugger. I even took a course on it. The reality is that Workbench is so hard to use ( I can't bring in my old code and debug changes- it just doesn't work) that I never use it. So I'm back to using Print statements again. I love Mathematica but would love to have an easy to use debugger with break points, etc. Oh well. Cliff Nasser Abbasi <nma@12000.org> wrote: "Murray Eisenberg" wrote in message news:fdf236$20u$1@smc.vnet.net... &...

Re: Re: Re: Mathematica language issues #2
So far I could resist the temptation to participate in this discussion. However, in his mail Maxim Rytin presents some examples of which he thinks the result is unpredictable. Maybe there is some interest in how I predict the results of simple commands in which Unevaluated occurs. Of course these examples are of no practical interest. Unevaluated is meant to pass unevaluated arguments to a function body and as such it works perfectly. No one in practice is interested in (1+1)*Unevaluated[2+2]. The basic principle has been clearly explained by Andrzej Kozlowsky. Suppose we have a ...

RE: RE: Re: Mandelbrot Set & Mathematica
Sorry again, but your previous message said >=, not <=. It's still posted on Google Groups, and I checked to make sure. DrBob www.eclecticdreams.net -----Original Message----- From: AGUIRRE ESTIBALEZ Julian [mailto:mtpagesj@lg.ehu.es] Subject: RE: Re: Mandelbrot Set & Mathematica On Tue, 11 May 2004, DrBob wrote: > Sorry, but that just doesn't work, even after changing =BE to >=. There are > only two colors (even using your rainbow function), and no fractal > "antennae". As noted in a previous message, it should be "<=...

Re: Mathematica forgets a solution in DSolve!!!
On 7/6/07 at 3:21 AM, bernardo.rimanno@email.it (Nope) wrote: >Hi, I just tried to solve a differential equation by writing down >this code: >DSolve[y'[x]^2 - y'[x]*x + y[x] == 0, y[x], x] >Mathematica then tells me: >{{y[x] -> x C[1] - C[1]^2}} >but I noticed that y = x^2/4 is a solution too!!! >Is it a Mathematica bug? Probably not. I think the answer can be found in the documentation for DSolve. Specificaly, DSolve can find general solutions for linear and weakly nonlinear partial differential equations. Truly nonlinear partial dif...

Web resources about - Re: DSolve test - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Autonomous system (mathematics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an autonomous system or autonomous differential equation is a system of ordinary differential equations which does not explicitly ...

F7: Refinement Types for F# - Microsoft Research
Theory and implementation of refinement types for F#, with initial applications being to security.

Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial Collection
Instruction and documentation on Mathematica functions, capabilities, architecture. Order books or download free.

Mathematica Commands
Algebra Applied Mathematics Calculus and Analysis Discrete Mathematics Foundations of Mathematics Geometry History and Terminology Number Theory ...

Mathematics and Algorithms—Wolfram Language Documentation
&quot;How to&quot; Topics Numbers Algebraic Calculations

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum
A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum Pages: 1 2 3 2,3 Turing Machine Universal? $25,000 TM prize searching for wires Claim of a 2-state 4-color ...

MathStudio Manual
A Abs (z) AiryAi (z) AiryBi (z) AlternatingSeries (n, [terms]) Angle (A, B) Animate (variable, start, end, [step]) Apart (f(x), x) Append (expression1, ...

Low-carbohydrate diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Low-carbohydrate diets or low-carb diets are dietary programs that restrict carbohydrate consumption usually for the treatment of obesity . Foods ...

Mathematica Solution for Materials Science
Model new materials using powerful symbolic and numeric computational abilities, visualize crystal structures interactively, measure performance ...

Mathematica Solution for Environmental Sciences
Apply high-level computation and create interactive models for environmental topics like climate change prediction, alternative energy development, ...