Re: ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[]] Help

I want to plot 2 points {1,1,1} and {2,2,2} using ListPointPlot3D and
Tooltip, labelling each point "a" and "b" respectively.

ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[{{1, 1, 1}, {2, 2, 2}}, {"a", "b"}]] doesn't seem
to work (it displays "{a,b}" at both points)

Thanks for any help...

Hi, try this:

Show[{
  ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[{{1, 1, 1}}, "a"]],
  ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[{{2, 2, 2}}, "b"]]
  }]

Have fun, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch@iee.lu

0
Alexei

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!
Hi Elena and everyone requesting help, Everyone on SAS-L either requests or provides help, so a subject line like HELP is completely meaningless. And so is a subject like SIMPLE NEWBIE QUESTION; first of all a newbie would not be able to decide the question to be simple (and whether a question or problem is simple or not does not matter at all), secondly questions are mostly posed by newbies (and being a newbie does not help getting a question answered more quickly) and thirdly it concerns questions which are being asked (that is trivial, but which question?). Other examples of nonsense subje...

Re: Re: math glyphs from non-Mathematica font
On Fri, 22 May 2009 01:50:51 -0400 (EDT), skkaul wrote: > On May 10, 5:13 am, John Fultz <jfu...@wolfram.com> wrote: > >> <install= >> directory>/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/UnicodeFontMapping.tr >> > Besides the comments, is there any documentation on this file? In > particular, what are type V and H entries, and what font is referenced > by -2? > > Thanks, > Shiva It's not documented because it's not intended for user consumption, although being able to edit it very rarely allows working around certain issues...

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!! #2
"Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM> made a very good point: > Everyone on SAS-L either requests or provides help, so a subject line like HELP is completely meaningless. And so is a subject like SIMPLE NEWBIE QUESTION; first of all a newbie would not be able to decide the question to be simple (and whether a question or problem is simple or not does not matter at all), secondly questions are mostly posed by newbies (and being a newbie does not help getting a question answered more quickly) and thirdly it concerns questions which are being asked (that is trivial, b...

Re: math =!= mathematica
On 3/23/10 at 4:23 AM, hemmecke@gmail.com (hemmecke) wrote: >Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following >General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. >message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, >then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? >According to >http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/Contexts.html we >have: >`name a symbol in the current context >So why is Mathematica complaining? The message is not telling you the symbol exists in the current cont...

Re: help with mathematica
On 3/8/05 at 5:03 AM, spectrix@wind.it (D≤) wrote: >I'm new on using this powerful software, so I don't understand a >thing. I ask for help here. > >I'm doing a nonlinear fit, I reached to get the parameters. Later, >I closed and opened my saved file.nb, than when I performed the >evaluation of cells I obtain no results, but simply a rewrite of >the command NonlinearFit, with all the data and its arguments. Why >that? The answer is almost certain to be you did not include the command to load the Statistics`NonlinearFit` package in the notebook y...

ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[]] Help
I want to plot 2 points {1,1,1} and {2,2,2} using ListPointPlot3D and Tooltip, labelling each point "a" and "b" respectively. ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[{{1, 1, 1}, {2, 2, 2}}, {"a", "b"}]] doesn't seem to work (it displays "{a,b}" at both points) Thanks for any help... ...

re:mathematica help
i need the help in programming of mathematica the ascii text is given here: "solve the heat equationusing explicit difference approximation with the help of programming in mathematica" is a function of space cordinate "x" and time cordinate "t", ie u= u(x,t) with the given boundary conditions u(0, t) =u(1, t)= 0 for "t" lies in the closed interval from 0 to 1 and the initial condition u(x,0)=x, when"x"lies in the closed interval from 0 to 0.5 u(x,0)=1-x when "x"lies in the closed interval from 0.5 to 1 The explicit differ...

Re: Help ! Help!! Help!!! revisited
In the spirit of the new year, I decided this morning to review some of my earliest posts in this newsgroup In the process, I came across the following: % Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog % From: t...@ecrc.de (Thom Fruehwirth) % Subject: Re: Help ! Help!! Help!!! % Message-ID: <Cot5rE.Cwu@ecrc.de> % Sender: n...@ecrc.de % Reply-To: t...@ecrc.de % Organization: European Computer-Industry Research Centre GmbH. % References: <2o49fk$ab9@email.tuwien.ac.at> % Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 09:16:25 GMT % Lines: 22 % % Somebody [namely me] wrote: % % : Given *only* the facts % % : a(1). % : ...

Re: Re: Please help: How to use Mathematica to get Parametric solution for a transcendental equation?
Sorry. I just copied from Mathematica and pasted it. I have no idea why it becomes something unreadable. The function is just one: A*(1+G)+a*[(1+G)^t]=T, where A,a,t,T are all positive real numbers, and t is no larger than 1. Thanks. Leon On 9/2/06, Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote: > > Hi, > > can you try to use correct Mathematica syntax ?? > This means is D7(1+G) an algebraic bracket or a function > call and is D7[(1+G)^t] an algebraic bracket or a function > call and what does "====" mean together with &q...

Re: Re: need mathematica's help for exploring a certain type of mapping
Dear Murray, Suppose f:R^2->R^2 and f is unit distance preserving then it has been proven that f is an isometry. Infact, it has been proven for f:R^n->R^n. Sorry i mistakenly type f:R^3->R^2. I welcome any ideas for f:R^2->R^3. regards, Nabeel On 8/10/06, Murray Eisenberg <murray@math.umass.edu> wrote: > > Unless I misunderstand what you say, it is not possible that a map R^3 > -> R^2 could be an isometry. After all, such a map would be a > homeomorphism -- a topological embedding of R^3 into R^2. As such, the...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Re: Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica
> -----Original Message----- > From: Steven T. Hatton [mailto:hattons@globalsymmetry.com] > Sent: 15 December 2005 10:30 > Subject: Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming > in Mathematica > ....... > > I wonder what value there woudl be in trying to explain what makes > > Mathematica "functions" different from functions in > languages such as > > C in a book addressed to readers most of whom have no > knowledge of C > > and are not particualry interested in getting it? > > I suspect you will not fi...

Re: Re: Re: Mathematica language issues
I think most people this entire discussion does not have any practical importance. Obviously something like this: 2*Unevaluated[1+1] 2 Unevaluated[1+1] is extremly unlikely to have any practical use. After all, we use Unevaluated when we want something to remain unevaluated, whereas here only two things can happen: either one will be left with Unevaluated[something] or the "something" will evaluate. Both of these outcomes are obsiously undesirable. Why should one ever use anything like this in a program? In fact if for some unimaginable reason somone neede...

Re: Re: Re: Urgent:help needed
Prabhu, so you have - lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/select.sl - _NO_ lib/python2.3/select.py ? Please confirm. Did you install this over a previous python installation? Re-build python. What does configure say regarding the select module? G Holger Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie nicht der angegebene Empf=E4nger sind oder falls diese E-Mail irrt=FCmlich an Sie adressiert w= urde, verst=E4ndigen Sie bitte den Absender sofort und l=F6schen Sie die E-Mail sodann. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte =DCbermittlung sind n= icht gestattet. Die Sicherheit von =DCbermittlun...

Web resources about - Re: ListPointPlot3D[Tooltip[]] Help - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica