Re: Mac OS X 10.4.10 update and 64 bit

Supposedly, following the directions on this page:

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/macintosh/osx/32bitratherthan64bit.html

...will enable the 64 bit kernel, HOWEVER, I get the following error when I following directions and attempt to start the kernel:

"Low-level Mathlink error: Launch failed because the program could not be found."

Any ideas? I have a Powermac G5...

0
guillochon (52)

Re: Mac OS X 10.4.10 update and 64 bit #2
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/macintosh/osx/32bitratherthan64bit.html Quote: 64-bit support for the PowerPC G5 has been discontinued with Mathematica 6. We continue to support the PowerPC G5 with the 32-bit version of Mathematica for Mac OS X. ...

Mac OS X 10.4.10 update and 64 bit
I notice in the release notes for Mac X 10.4.10 one of the points in Third-party improvements is: "Improves compatibility of Mathematica 6 with 64-bit Macs." Does anyone know how to update or enable Mathematica 6 to take advantage of this system change ? I will answer my own question: http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/macintosh/osx/32bitratherthan64bit.html Seems to work fine. ...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4
Hi Jason, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, please download the version in our CVS repo at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/ take care, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Mac OS X 10.4.2 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> >> /* -*- C++ ...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Doug, > > Thanks for using the PRF. > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > please download the version in our CVS repo at I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on ...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, >> I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version >> is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of >> ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to >> explode ;) >> >> Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on Tiger? It'll take some work, but companies like Riverace, Remedy, and OCI can help out with this stuff if staying with 5.3.1 is essential. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for help with this stuff. >>...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 > beta should > > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > > please download the version in our CVS repo at > > I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this > version is used > extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of > ACE all these > products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) ;-) Right - this is where the value...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Huge virtual memory size in 64-bit Mac OS X 10.7.4?
Hello. I noticed my Terminal's top command shows virtual memory really big like about 200 GB. I tried rebooting the updated 64-bit Mac OS X 10.7.4, but it is still big like shown in http://pastie.org/4379346 (wide screen recommended) even if I don't have anything running (e.g., VMware Fusion v7.1.4) except the background startups, Terminal, and top command. Is this normal? Does it really need a huge virtual memory size? This is on a month old Mac Mini (late 2011 model) with 4 GB of RAM. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Ants die in sugar." ...

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Does an app run Mac O X 10.4 when it has been built on Mac OS 10. 3+
Hello. I don't have Mac OS X 10.4 yet, my application is built on Mac OS X 10.3.9, does The application can run properly on Mac OS 10.4 ? Thanks ming --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Ming, Yes, almost everything should work without modification. I only found one thing in Tiger that worked differently than Panther, and it was easy to fix once I got a complete report of what was going on. HTH,...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

Mac OS X 10.4.10 and Cisco VPN client 4.9.01
Having updated to Mac OS X 10.4.10 (via software update first, later via combo update), I found the connections with Cisco's VPN client 4.9.01 (0030) - the latest at our university - to be more than flaky. For no apparent reason the connection seems not to work, with a notification that I have no working internet interface. I have not been able to reproduce the error nor the connection reliably. I have also reinstalled the Cisco VPN client. It seems 10.4.10 and Cisco's client do not like each other. In doubt, I'll blame Cisco because the client has been less than reliable fo...

Updating Intel 10.4.9 to OS 10.4.10 on APM disk
There was discussion about whether it is possible to put an Intel version of OS 10.4.x on an APM-formatted Firewire drive. You can't do this directly since the installer refuses to install to an APM-formatted drive, but you can install to a GUID-formatted drive, and clone that installation to an APM-formatted drive, as outlined in several places including <http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Framework.cfm?page=Tips/dualboot/dualb oot.html> I did this, using an OWC 500 GB drive, on which I arranged for a 25 GB PPC 10.4.9 partition and a 25 GB Intel 10.4.9 partition, with a third...

Running the Gimp on Mac OS X 10.4.4 / x11 updated
After Mac did its update to OS X (the day of the Mac World Expo?) and I installed it, I found that I couldn't get the gimp to run. I would click on the icon and a white box would appear where the splash screen could normally be found. No graphics or plug-in loading text would appear and the box would just sit there until I did a Force Quit. Not giving up, I looked around for any talk on Mac forums, this forum and elsewhere that might be discussing what I assumed was a common problem. I eventually found something somewhere (long forgotten) that mentioned that release 10.4.4 had added better...

Web resources about - Re: Mac OS X 10.4.10 update and 64 bit - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Windows Update - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Update is a service provided by Microsoft that provides updates for the Microsoft Windows operating system and its installed components, ...

Gizmodo.com Updates
Nobody should have to use a pay phone , natural disaster or no natural disaster. So if your gadgets are out of juice after Sandy, here’s a tiny ...

Lifehacker.com Updates
By Whitson Gordon Ever run into a situation where you have multiple wireless networks available, but one is clearly better than the other? WiFi ...

Facebook To Update Mobile Apps Every 4 To 8 Weeks
On the same day that Facebook released a bunch of mobile updates for Apple and Android devices , the social network also announced that it will ...

Deliveries app ships a massive update w/ 3D Touch, iPad Pro support, El Capitan enhancements, more
Delveries by Junecloud has received major updates today for both their iOS and Mac applications. For the unitiated, Deliveries is an all-in-one ...

Junecloud’s Deliveries app receives a big update with 3D Touch, iPad Pro support and more
... , has just made the move to version 7.0 with a huge slate of new features and improvements. Ready for the latest Apple devices The update is ...

Apple updates Snow Leopard so you can continue to upgrade from Snow Leopard
... around because of their personal preferences (or spite, or stubbornness). Either way, if you're still running 10.6, fire up your software updaters ...

Balloon Juice Bunker Standoff Update Day 24: The Gray Zone Pushes Back and Other Tales of the Pacific ...
——–UPDATE——– The new question will be how do the FBI, State, and local law enforcement wind down and round up the remaining occupiers at the ...

Hugh Jackman Gives Wolverine 3 Script Update - Collider
Hugh Jackman offered a Wolverine 3 script update and joked about how you can see from his facial hair that he's planning to play the role again. ...

Recent Investment Analysts' Ratings Updates for QinetiQ Group plc
Recent Investment Analysts' Ratings Updates for QinetiQ Group plc (QQ) Corvus Business Newswire 1/26/2016 – QinetiQ Group plc was downgraded ...