RE: Re: General--Mathematica and Subversion

On a related point, I would like to configure Workbench under Windows XP
to compile Fortran. What I am looking for is a simple, free installation
of Fortran under Windows, in a form that I can write and compile within
Eclipse. I have seen Min-GW/g95 and Photran. 2 questions:
a) Is this the right combination?
b) Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for installing and
configuring the whole thing? This is assuming I have a 'bare' PC to
start with - no Cygwin, no Min-GW, nothing.

I have tried a few 'all you need' installers but even when I RTFM I
haven't yet a working compile going.

Hywel

0
H.L.Owen (69)

Owen, HL (Hywel) wrote:

<snip>

> On a related point, I would like to configure Workbench under Windows XP
> to compile Fortran. What I am looking for is a simple, free installation
> of Fortran under Windows, in a form that I can write and compile within
> Eclipse. I have seen Min-GW/g95 and Photran. 2 questions:
> a) Is this the right combination?
> b) Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for installing and
> configuring the whole thing? This is assuming I have a 'bare' PC to
> start with - no Cygwin, no Min-GW, nothing.
>
> I have tried a few 'all you need' installers but even when I RTFM I
> haven't yet a working compile going.

A better newsgroup for this question is comp.lang.fortran.

Still better, you can describe your problem in more detail in the gg95
Google Group http://groups.google.com/group/gg95 , which is active,
helpful, and monitored by the developers of g95. One needs to register
(this was done to foil spammers).

0
beliavsky (2213)