http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: New Guy [mailto:NewGuy@yahoo.com]

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:24:53 +0000 (UTC), Bob Hanlon <hanlonr@cox.net>
wrote:

>The output that you want is "unstable", i.e., Mathematica automatically
>converts it.

Thanks.

I have another question if you don't mind.

I'm trying to just check and see if I got a whole bunch of
even-numbered study exercises right on exponents and natural logs.
The answers to the odds are in the book.

As an example, LN(1/e^2) equals what?

My answer is -1/2.

In mathematica, I tried Simplify[LN(1/e^2)] and it just spit the same
thing out as the output.  I also tried a couple of variations of
Solve[LN[1/e^2] = X] with essentially the same result

How would you get Mathematica to verify that the answer is -1/2.

Thanks a lot.

0
djmp (1214)