text table

I need to make a table, but one that uses text with in, not numbers.  How do
I go about this?

Thanks

0
noslowski (16)

One simple way is to go to the menu;

Insert -> Table/Matrix -> New

Choose how many rows and columns you want (yoyu can add more later)and click "OK". A blank table will be inserted in your notebook which you can fill with text or anything else.

0
svkeeley1 (9)

TABLES TABLES TABLES
How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables pre- date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the student apoplectic. Words of wisdom most welcome!!! Thanks, Howard sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in partic...

Populating a text box with text string of table contants
Hello Can anyone help me with the following ? I have a table like this.... User_ID User_name User_email 1 Steve stelil@test.com 2 Bob bob@test.com 3 Jim jim@test.com And I would like to have a form with a text box on that show the following results... stelil@test.com <Steve> ; bob@test.com <Bob> ; jim@test.com <Jim> So that the contents of the text box can be cu and pasted into the To: field on an email.So far I have create a form based o...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES
sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables >pre- >date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the >student apoplectic. I find a visual works well here. If you show a grid with rows and columns, then you can show a picture of a SAS data set and a SQL table and a lookup table, and show that (regardless of terminology and buzzwords) they're all pr...

Table of tables
Given t = {{{-1, -1, -2+2I}, {-1, -1, 3-I}}, {{-1, -1, 4+I}, {-1, -1, -5-5I}}}; how can I extract the imaginary part of the complex elements to obtain {{{-1, -1, 2}, {-1, -1, -1}}, {{-1, -1, 1}, {-1, -1, -5}}}; thank you. Luiz Melo -- On Oct 20, 1:07 am, Luiz Melo <luiz.m...@polymtl.ca> wrote: > Given > > t = {{{-1, -1, -2+2I}, {-1, -1, 3-I}}, {{-1, -1, 4+I}, {-1, -1, -5-5I}}}; > > how can I extract the imaginary part of the complex elements to obtain > > {{{-1, -1, 2}, {-1, -1, -1}}, {{-1, -1, 1}, {-1, -1, -5}}}; > > thank yo...

text + text

Text in Tables
Any input into a table cell is done in TraditionalForm. This is fine if the cell contains mathematical notation but if you want to just input some text the result is a lot of unnecessary gunk in the underlying cell expression. (E.g. "some text" appears as RowBox[{"some", " ", "text"}] ) You can manually edit this underlying expression to ensure that it is just text that appears in the cell of the GridBox expression but this gets cumberson with large tables. Can you enter text directly into a Table that doesn't result in an underlying ...

From table to table....
I want to create a new table containing only the results from a select statement of another table. How is that done? select a, b, c into destTable from sourceTable where a='x' or a='y' or a='z'; Does one have to create the destTable or is it created for you with the correct structure? Can the rows of one table be used in the select of another table? eg: The above select statement has three choices. could those 'choices' have been rows of a column of a table? On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:29:45 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin wrote: > I want to create a new table co...

math =!= mathematica
Does somebody know why I get different behaviour for the following commands in a commandline session of mathematica 7 or inside a notebook? It also seems to be different in different Mathematica versions for the notebook format. See http://www.risc.jku.at/people/hemmecke/mathematica/ for the notebook files for Mathematica 5.2, 6.0, 7.0. Can someone explain the General::dupsym: The symbol Array with context A` already exists. message? Why does that message appear at all? If A`Array exists, then Mathematica should just use it, shouldn't it? According to http://reference.wol...

text screen lookup table (print to text screen from assembly)
here is a lookuptable for the first 20 lines of the apple II text screen. call the routine with XLOCATION containing the horizontal coordinate, YLOCATION containing the vertical coordinate, and CHARACTER containing the value of the character you want to print to the screen. I looked all over for a program to create the lookup table, or a pre-made one. I finally started POKE'ing to the text screen and figured out all the addresses. Rich http://rich12345.tripod.com aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com ORG $4800 JMP START LOOKLO DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80 DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80 DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8 DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8 DFB #$50,#$D0,#$50,#$D0 LOOKHI DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05 DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07 DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05 DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07 DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05 start LDY YLOCATION LDX XLOCATION LDA LOOKLO,Y STA STOR+1 LDA LOOKHI,Y STA STOR+2 LDA CHARACTER STOR STA $4000,X RTS Rich wrote: >here is a lookuptable for the first 20 >lines of the apple II text screen. > >call the routine with XLOCATION containing >the horizontal coordinate, YLOCATION containing >the vertical coordinate, and CHARACTER containing >the value of the character you want to print to >the screen. > >I looked all over for a program to create the >lookup table, or a pre-made one. I finally >started POKE'ing to the text screen and figured >out all the addresses. > >Rich >http://rich12345.tripod.co...

text-text

Texts in Mathematica
There are some books in Mathematica (i.e. Origin of Species, Alice in Wonderland...) But some properties of these texts are problematic, for example word length for OS(Origin of Species)->149 863 (in a scientific article 209 176) Length[ExampleData[{"Text", "OriginOfSpecies"}, "Words"]] The values are very different. The data about texts in Mathematica is true or not? All Best... Tuna Hi, I do not have an answer for you, but I am interested in writing texts in mathematica. Could you please direct me to said texts? Simcha On Feb 18...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

Changing table cell between plain text and INPUT TYPE=TEXT control
I'd like to setup a table cell such that the contents displays as plain text until the mouse hovers over the cell, and then it changes to an INPUT TYPE=TEXT control, so I can edit the content. I can probably just about manage the JavaScript and CSS necessary to achieve this, but before I start, is there any overarching reason why this wouldn't work? I anticipate placing the plain text and the input area in separate DIVs, and making the appear alternately, depending on where the mouse pointer is. The page is for my own use, and perhaps one or two colleagues, so we don't hav...

Italic text and math: spacing / lm-math silently fails to display glyphs
Hello, I am trying to solve the following problem: Using math in italicised text yields to unpleasant spacing. It seems to be even more obvious while using Latin Modern (lmodern or cfr-lm). In my document it looks almost as if there were two spaces after an equation that ends with "Y". Also, punctuation after such an equation is way off. Compare http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/3490/ and see below for a minimal example. In times of sophisticated packages as microtype I find it surprising that there seems to be no "proper" fix for this. Nonetheless,...

Formatting a single line without effecting the entire table with the Text::Table module
Hi All, I have a data structure (see script) that I need to printout. I almost have what I need but I cannot figure out how to format just one line (center it ) sample output is: kreimer EMMI CHRISTIAN 0 0 17 TRACEY LUSBY 0 4 0 TONA MCGEAN 0 7 0 Total: 0 11 17 What I would like is the word "kreimer" centered and the other names remain left justified. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Lynn ----------script-------------- use strict; use warnings; use Text::Table; use diagnostics; use Data::Dum...

Create Macro to import fixed width text from clipboard or text file and update table
Hi, I have a MS access database table for which I regularly need to import fixed width text data. At present I have to to cut and paste the text data from its source to a text file, save the file, import the text file as fixed width text [it is not naturally delimited], and then run an update query to copy the appropriate info into fields of a different table. Is it possible to write a macro to do all these steps? Also, is it possible to import directly from the clipboard (to skip the step of making a text file)? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley g...

read from Text file using VB and Insert into SQL table until eof text file reach
Dear All, my text file like following, a1, b1, c1, d1, e1 a2, b2, c2, d2, e2 a3, b3, c3, d3, e3 a4, b4, c4, d4, e4 ................. and im going to insert this values into SQL Tables with columns, [a, b, c, d, e] how im going to do so? i use below src code to do but i can not get the next line and next line of text file until it finished insert Private Sub mot_Click() 'Shell ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE c:\fisherdb. mdb /x ImportOpsNilai") 'frmPicCd.Show Dim db_connect ' Path = App.Path & "\ERP consumable code.xls" Dim objFSO Dim objFile, objTextStream Dim strContent Const ForReading = 1 Dim FileName, IEPath, strC1 As String FileName = "U:\bureport\buops\RepNilai.txt" Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFile = objFSO.GetFile(FileName) Set objTextStream = objFile.OpenAsTextStream(ForReading, TristateUseDefault) If objFSO.FileExists(FileName) Then Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(FileName, ForReading) 'While Not objFile.EOF strC1 = objFile.ReadLine Dim word ReDim word(2) word = Split(strC1, ",") ' Dim t1, t2, t3 As String ' MsgBox RTrim(LTrim(word(44))) ' t1 = Replace(word(0), """", "...

Text and Image inside table <td> Alight Text Left and Image right in same cell ??
Is that possible? How? <td > <asp:Label ID="StartDateLabel" runat="server" Text="Start Date:"> <asp:imagebutton ID="Imagebutton1" width=18 Height=18 CommandName=SetDate imageUrl="../cal.jpg" runat=server /> </asp:Label> </td> <td > On 2006-10-24, Jason <jason@cyberpine.com> wrote: > Is that possible? How? Set text-align: left on the cell as usual (it's likely to be the default), and make the image float: right. To work around a Firefox float bug, better to put the image befor...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #4
Howard: Although Date and Celko follow the usual convention when they call the sole data structure in SQL a 'table', Codd tended to prefer 'relation'. The concept has a long history in mathematics and logic. Before SQL, before SAS, before IBM, and even before Babbage .... A relational database has one or more tables. Neither 'database' nor 'table' implies anything about the implementation of a database or table in a database or file management system. If a data structure has the properties of a table (column variables in rows), it's a table. Nothing more, n...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #5
LOL -- I told him I had a table in my dining room, and another kind in my kitchen, etc. -----Original Message----- From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@westat.com> To: Howard Wood <sasbum@AOL.COM> Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:44:38 -0500 Subject: RE: TABLES TABLES TABLES Howard, Maybe you should turn the tables on him and correct him whenever he refers to a sedan as a car or to beef as meat or to an engine as a motor. Ed Ed Heaton RW-4541 #4818 -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Howard Wood Sent: Saturday, Nov...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #2
OHHH went there, did that, got the t-shirt, even. I tried everything in the book. This person is extremely LITERAL and looking for the letter of the law, or something........maybe my trying so hard just egged him on, or his stubbornness that kept his feet in concrete, but I don't think so. He truly believes that. -----Original Message----- From: David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:55:12 -0800 Subject: Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #6
Ahhhh - I'm lovin' that one. TY TY In a message dated 12/1/2005 6:14:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET writes: Friar Broccoli wrote: > Try this (a higher authority): > > http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=de fine%3A+data+table&btnG=Search&lr=lang_en > > Howard Wood wrote: >> OHHH went there, did that, got the t-shirt, even. I tried >> everything in the book. This person is extremely LITERAL and >> looking for the letter of the law, or something........maybe...

I want bold \glsnamefont for both text and math (symbols) but \ifmmode tests upon entry, not if argument (#1) is math mode based
Suppose I have two entries: =20 \newglossaryentry{exists}{type=3Dsymbols, name=3D{\ensuremath{\exists}}, description=3D{is the mathematical symbol for \emph{there exists}.}, sort=3D{exists} } \newglossaryentry{such that}{type=3Dsymbols, name=3D{\text{s.t.}, description=3D{is the mathematical symbol for \emph{such that}.}, sort=3D{such that}, } If I use \renewcommand{\glsnamefont}[1]{\ifmmode{\boldsymbol{#1}}\else{\textbf{#1}}\= fi} it appears \ifmmode always executes \else because going in it is not in mat= h mode, entry exists switches it into math mode but \glsnamefont tests befo= re #1 goes into math mode (or at least that is what I think is happening). = I need a test that sees if #1 goes into math mode (or some other way to te= st....) Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated, david s. On 12/02/14 03:12, Dave94705 wrote: > Suppose I have two entries: > > \newglossaryentry{exists}{type=symbols, > name={\ensuremath{\exists}}, > description={is the mathematical symbol for \emph{there exists}.}, > sort={exists} > } > > \newglossaryentry{such that}{type=symbols, > name={\text{s.t.}, > description={is the mathematical symbol for \emph{such that}.}, > sort={such that}, > } > > If I use > > \renewcommand{\glsnamefont}[1]{\ifmmode{\boldsymbol{#1}}\else{\textbf{#1}}\fi} > > it appears \ifmmode always executes \else b...

Fatal move to have "table" in editable region in Dreamweaver MX..Graphics & text didnt wrap in "table", why?
HI there.. l was just wondering, if l place a "table" in the "editable region" of my template, will the text, graphics placed inside the this "table" MOVE BY ITSELF?? l mean, recently l had a "table" insert in my "editable region", have it placed in the "center" of the page.. while it display correctly on my browser, with setting at 1024x768 (IE6), Days later, at a library where they have internet access, l discovered that table MOVE (shift) to the right with some of the text, graphics didn't wrap at the edge of t...

Web resources about - text table - comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

AFP to help Indonesians in 'cyanide' case after death penalty taken off table
Indonesia has guaranteed that an Australian permanent resident charged with murdering her friend with cyanide-laced coffee will not face the ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
... the saga in her new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets. Has the mystery of the culprit behind the broken marble table finally ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
... new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets. The former treasurer was apparently the one who hopped onto the Italian marble table ...

'America's Got Talent': Simon Cowell Takes A Seat At The Judges Table
"America's Got Talent" creator and executive producer Simon Cowell is taking a seat at the judges table alongside Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and ...

An AnandTech Round Table with ASUS: 10 Years of the Republic of Gamers
... Rajinder 'Raja' Gill Technical PR Manager, ASUS USA AnandTech Motherboard Senior Editor 2008-2010 Ian Cutress 10 Years of ROG Round Table ...

Lithuanian Designer Launches Standing App For His Funky Table
... at the office. His back started to hurt and his productivity seemed to decrease. "That was the time when I started my hunt for a suitable standing ...

Table for one: How to play board games without a group
(credit: Aurich / Getty Images) Welcome to Ars Cardboard, our weekend look at tabletop games! Check out our complete board gaming coverage right ...

Erin Andrews video was played at Marriott ownership rep’s table at Nashville restaurant
... hit outside the courtroom Wednesday, when West End Hotel Partners representative Neal Peskind admitted to being present at a restaurant table ...

How to Make a Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table
... with the Paris Hamper . Then with the Vintage Rooster French Commode . And now with my latest makeover, this Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table… ...