has anyone used scilab to write math then xcos a block in it to put their code then something to turn their model into HDL hardware description language?

has anyone used scilab to write math then xcos a block in it to put
their code then something to turn their model into HDL hardware
description language?
0
joshua

scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math functions that work in scilab to verilog?
scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math functions that work in scilab to verilog? On Aug 10, 11:12=A0pm, "joshua w." <josh...@gmail.com> wrote: > scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable > scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math > functions that work in scilab to verilog? scicos-HDL does not work with scilab anymore. Scicos is now a separate project called ScicosLab. it is based on version 4.x of scicos. I have tried using scicos-HDL and found it to be lacking. Basically this was some grad students class project and doesn't seem to be well maintained. Also it is not part of the scicos consortium so I don't think you will get much support. But, I think it will install with ScicosLab 4.3 Dave would you think I could install it to xcos somehow? would their be a way to turn scilabs math equations I write into a model block in xcos then save it as a model of some sort then something else turn that model data into hdl? How about the c output any good results with that? On Aug 11, 3:59=A0pm, "dscol...@rcn.com" <dscol...@rcn.com> wrote: > On Aug 10, 11:12=A0pm, "joshua w." <josh...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable > > scilab or scicos programs ...

Math.random() and Math.round(Math.random()) and Math.floor(Math.random()*2)
Assuming one needs to have a function returning false or true on each call in pseudo-random order.and using JavaScript native Math.random() method as the basis of the pseudo-randomness. Say the variants of such function are: getAnswer1() { var n = Math.round(Math.random()); return n ? true : false; } getAnswer2() { var n = Math.floor(Math.random()*2); return (n==2) ? true : false; } Leaving obvious practical testing by platforms aside: Is there are theoretical considerations that pseudo-randomness (predictability) of either of above will be better or worse than the o...

Why can I not use: Math a=new Math();
Hi, Why cannot I use this stmt: Math a=new Math(); The Java document does not say I cannot use it. Thanks. On 27 Feb 2004 09:22:49 -0800, chirs wrote: > Why cannot I use this stmt: Math a=new Math(); The Java document > does not say I cannot use it. Because it doesn't have any public constructors. Anyway it only has static methods. Why you you think you need to create a new instance? /gordon -- [ do not email me copies of your followups ] g o r d o n + n e w s @ b a l d e r 1 3 . s e It has a private constructor, so no one can instantiate it. This comes from the actual...

Can scilab do symbolic math ?
Dear Users I have a function in MATLAB that I wanted to convert into Scilab. (read at the end of this post !) It involves a basic symbolic math application in MATLAB. I am in the process of moving away from MATLAB completely, so I am finding some problems during my migration. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? or atleast suggest a user manual that will give me some pertinent information. Warm regards kartik % Function to calculate Mach Number for a given Exit-to-throat Area ratio %~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ % for a nozzle. %~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ % Author - Kartik Bulusu % Doctoral Candidate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engingeering % The George Washington University % Date Created: 18/01/07 6:57pm % Modifications: 1. 18/01/07 6:57pm - Added as function to flugel.m function [Mp] = area_mach_rel(Ar_p, gamma_p) syms Ar M k f = ((2/(k+1))*(1+((k-1)/2)*M^2))^((k+1)/(k-1))-((Ar^2)*(M^2)); f = subs(f, {Ar,k}, [Ar_p, gamma_p]); % x = solve('1.5^2 = (1/M^2)*((2/2.4)*(1+(0.4/2)*M^2))^(2.4/0.4)') % >> syms a b c %declare variables % >> f = a + b + c; % >> subs(f, a, 3) % ans = 3+b+c [Mp] = solve(f,M); for i=1:length(Mp) if isreal(Mp(i)) == 0 Mp(i) = 0; else disp('Cleaning up extraneous solutions for Primary Flow Mach Number... ') end...

Maths; putting something under subscript
Hi I don't know how this is called and that might also be the reason why I haven't found it on the internet. I made it in word but I'd like to put it in tex. The thing I want to 'make' can be seen in this image; http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/333/questiont.jpg Thanks in advance! Maarten Maarten Milis <maartenmilis@gmail.com> writes: > Hi > > I don't know how this is called and that might also be the reason why > I haven't found it on the internet. > I made it in word but I'd like to put it in tex. > > The thing I want to 'ma...

Error on Book: Advanced Eng Math using Math and Matlab ???
Using the book Advanced Engineering Mathematics using Mathematica and Matlab I bumped into a problem which given solution displays de following error: ??? Error using ==> solve Error, (in fsolve) c1, is in the equation, and is not solved for Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\symbolic\@sym\solve.m On line 49 ==> [varargout{1:max(1,nargout)}] = solve(S{:}); Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5\work\ecdif.m On line 6 ==> [c1 c2]=solve(eqn1,eqn2-1) The given solution to the problem is: syms x t c1 c2 eqn1 eqn2 x=c1*sin(2*t)+c2*cos(2*t); eqn1=subs(x,t,0); dx=diff(x,t); eqn2=subs(dx,t,0)-...

Using functional languages to write libraries that can be used by other languages
Hi all, I've never found a satisfactory reply to this issue, which comes out every time I want to write some software library: suppose I wish to write it in one of my preferred languages, such as ocaml or haskell, but also that I want other people to be able to access it using their preferred languages, which might be ocaml, haskell, java or C++, for example. Is there a feasible route to do all this? Is there a simple way to write a library, where "simple" stands for "I have free time to write a library, not to write marshallers by hand", in ocaml or haskell, that will...

Scilab 5: Scilab cannot create Scilab Java Main-Class
I successfully installed Scilab SVN 19098 after runing ./configure, make , make install. But I can't run scilab, the error message and ./configure output is as follows: ###################Error MSG################################ Trying to find Java in /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/ found JAVA_HOME : /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/ SCI : /usr/local/share/scilab/ SCIBIN : /usr/local/bin/scilab-bin Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel.initSystemColorDefaults(GTKLookAndFeel.java: 1258) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel.loadStyles(GTKLookAndFeel.java: 1500) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel.access $000(GTKLookAndFeel.java:37) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel$WeakPCL $1.run(GTKLookAndFeel.java:1440) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java: 273) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java: 183) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java: 173) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160) at java.awt.Eve...

scilab.star and scilab.ini in scilab-5.0.2
I can't find it. Can't find the file, though there's a documentation about it in the help (under the keyword "startup"). In scilab-4.1.1 it is simply located in <path2sci>/ In SCIHOME/.Scilab/scilab-5.0.2 there's no scilab.ini neither. So: how does it loads all its own libs first place? (in scilab-4.1.1, all is done from SCI/scilab.star) Now in order to load my own libraries or third parties ones such as SIP, I will create a scilab.star in SCI (for scilab-5.0.2). Ludovic hinoki.kuaimu@gmail.com said on 28/10/2008 02:40: > I can't find it. Can't find the file, though there's a documentation > about it in the help (under the keyword "startup"). > In scilab-4.1.1 it is simply located in <path2sci>/ > > In SCIHOME/.Scilab/scilab-5.0.2 there's no scilab.ini neither. You simply have to create one yourself. There is none by default. Francois ...

Code generation using Scilab/Scicos
Hello All, In my organization, I wish to use Scilab/Scicos for designing advanced Process Control and Optimization solutions. Currently we develop models in Matlab/Dymola (a front end for modelica), convert the model to C code and interface with the Distributed Control System (DCS). I wish to see whether it is possible to substitute Matlab/Dymola with Scilab. In this regard, I am keen on knowing more about the "code generation" facility in Scicos. In spite of a great deal of search, I have been unable to find much (english) documentation about this feature. Could the ...

Using Fortran code within Scilab?
In my attempts to solve boundary value problems, I came across the Fortran = code TWPBVP available here: http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/~jcash/BVP_software/= readme.php The authors have ported this (plus some other bvp code) to R, b= y providing some wrapper functions for it. I last used Fortran as a student a VERY long time ago, so my current knowle= dge is effectively zero. However - how easy is it to use Fortran within Sc= ilab, and what is the canonical method for doing it? ...

Learning MATLAB code using SCILAB?
Hi. I'd like to learn MATLAB code for research purposes and for general professional development. I'd like to do it at home, and I don't have a MATLAB license, so I want to find out if it would be useful to practice MATLAB coding in SCILAB. Bear in mind I have absolutely zero knowledge in this department, so I just want to make sure I'm not heading in the entirely wrong direction. Since I'm starting from nothing, I'd probably be doing very basic things. Thanks for any help, Alex On 6/20/2015 2:28 PM, Alex Ritger wrote: > Hi. I'd like to learn MATLAB ...

Can scilab do symbolic math ? #2
[...]

New Online Math Community for Scilab
For anyone that's getting tired of all the spam in this forum, I want to invite everyone to check out the new on-line community Scilab announced on their website a couple weeks ago (www.equalis.com). The site has a dedicated forum and interest group for scilab users - registration is free. Even though it's only been a couple weeks there are already questions being posted daily and 90% of the posts have at least a response. Looks promising. forum: http://www.equalis.com/forums/topics.asp?forum=95169& group: http://www.equalis.com/members/group.asp?id=63628 ...

Scilab newbie
Hi everybody, I am trying to port a wavelet application from Matlab to Scilab using Fraclab 2.0 for Windows. The problem is I get error messages when I try to use it under Scilab 3.0-RC1. First, when I launcher "builder.sce", I get the following message: -->exec builder.sce -->mode(-1) Warning :redefining function: dir !--error 9999 second argument has wrong size at line 16 of function ilib_gen_Make called by : makename=ilib_gen_Make('libfraclab',files,[],path+'routines/Makefile',%f) line 31 of exec file called by : ex...

Anyone using scilab on OSX 10.3?
I'm not a UNIX/Linux user, though with OSX I guess I am now. The installation calls for a number of additional files that I can't find and I'm expected to use "fink" to do something. Any help appreciated. I can get a student version of Mathematica for about $190 but I get the impression that scilab has been optimized for speed on the Altivec portion of the G4 and G5 precessors and I definitly need speed for many thousands of 2D Fourier Transforms. -- Charlie Springer Hi Charlie, Fink does the job! Fink is a open-source software installer for OSX. You can get...

Does Scilab support using C++ to write toolboxes?
Hi, I want to write a toolboxes for Scilab using C++, but it seems that Scilab doesn't support using C++ to write toolboxes. Is it true? Thank you in advance! Zhang Cheng ...

How can I using C++ write SCILAB toolboxes
I want to write a OPC toolbox , but OPC(OLE for process) is designed based on COM, so it is better to write in c++ than c. I saw books and websites write: scilab support c++ interface, but I can't find more particular and no examples . So now I can't do more , wish help me. also I want to ask another question: could I write dll using vc++, and find a way to let scilab using the dll, who can tell me how could I can let scilab using the dll which is builded by vc++(using c++ language, not C)? routines:export"c",extern"c",etc. can solve this problem? a...

What hardware description language used in modern CPUs?
Hi. What hardware description language used for developing modern CPUs? Does Intel and AMD using Verilog, VHDL or their own set of tools/languages? The OpenSPARC open-source CPU written in Verilog, so, UltraSPARC too? More designers use Verilog than VHDL, and some use systemC. ARM, MIPS and eSi-RISC are in Verilog AFAIK. Cheers, Jon On 2013-01-01 14:35:40 +0000, Jon said: > ARM, MIPS and eSi-RISC are in Verilog AFAIK. > > Cheers, > Jon Some have migrated to SystemVerilog and others will likely migrate once expertise in the respective design teams reaches...

"mvfromto: stack size exceeded" using SendScilabJob in Scilab-to-C-to-Scilab interfacing
Hi group, I'd like to interface a scilab-function (which has many while-cicles) with a c-function and, in this c-function, do several calls to some others scilab functions (e.g. pinv(),rank() and user-defined functions). At the beginning, I tried with something simple like a c-functions without calls to scilab functions (e.g. a c-function containing only the statement WriteMatrix(some_vars)) and all was ok. Then, I tried to use the statement SendScilabJob("fun_name") and it failed every time! The error was mvfromto: stack size exceeded (Use stacksize function to increase it). So, I tried with stacksize(2^27) but nothing has changed! I use Scilab-4.0 stable version running on a Debian GNU/Linux Box etch/sid (32 bit). I really need to work out this trouble and I'd appreciate any suggestion you will give to me. These are the steps to reproduce the error: 1) CREATE THE TWO FILES (put these files in a SCI/test-dir/ directory): ------------------- | file ex1fi.desc | ------------------- ex1c a a scalar b scalar ex1c a b a double b double out sequence b *********************** --------------- | file ex1c.c | --------------- #include <math.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #ifndef SCI #define SCI ".." #endif #define TRUE 1 #define FALSE 0 #include "../routines/machine.h" #include "../routines/stack-c.h" #include "../routines/system/C...

code to find phase angle using Math.atan()
while searching for code to find phase angle from real and imaginary parts of a complex number ,I came across this snippet .It does some quadrant correction. double getPhaseAngle(double real,double imag){ double ang=0.0; double pi=Math.PI; if(imag == 0.0 && real == 0.0){ang = 0.0;} else{ang = Math.atan(imag/real)*180.0/pi;} if(real < 0.0 && imag == 0.0){ang = 180.0;} else if(real < 0.0 && imag == -0.0){ ang = -180.0;} else if(real < 0.0 && imag > 0.0){ ang += 180.0;} ...

error in building the C code generated from Scilab Xcos
Hi, i have generated the C code of a super block . but have an issue in building the code. "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dset_ referenced in function _cls_codesimblk_" I believe am missing some lib file inclusion to the project which throws this error. Need help on this. Thanks Swastika On Jun 3, 4:16=A0pm, SWASTIKA SAHOO <swastika.sa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > i have generated the C code of a super block . but have an issue in > building the code. > > "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dset_ referenced in > function _cls_codesimblk_" > > I believe am missing some lib file inclusion to the project which > throws this error. > > Need help on this. > > Thanks > Swastika To make the issue more clear, i want to add some information. I generated the c code from Scilab with XCOS(ver 5.1) and made a project in Visual studio 2005. While building i get a linking error, which is because of the dest() call whose definition is missing.This may be solved by including some dependancy files or suggest some other way to solve the issue. Note: this problem doenot appear with the C code generated from Scilab with Scicos . Regards Swastika ...

how to solve interesting math problems by using sas code
Hi all, Here I wanna use sas to solve a interesting math problem as follow: There are nine numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and you can put multiplication, addition ,subtraction and division between any two numbers and let the result equals to 1/5. I wanna see how many ways there exists to realize this. How can I express this in sas code?=20 =20 Many thanks, =20 Mu Mu Mu Mu you can quickly rule out multiplication, addition ,subtraction since your nine numbers are integers. You remain with division and your problem is reduced. Also since 1/5 is < 1, the numerator in the division ...

how can call those scilab internal funtion using other language.
how can call those scilab internal funtion using other language. for example C#, C++ dose the scilab would run in one thread and UI run in other thread? ...

Web resources about - has anyone used scilab to write math then xcos a block in it to put their code then something to turn their model into HDL hardware description language? - comp.soft-sys.math.scilab

Active Format Description - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In television technology, Active Format Description ( AFD ) is a standard set of codes that can be sent in the MPEG video stream or in the baseband ...

‘Impressum’ Added To Facebook Page Descriptions For Some Pages In Italy?
... are being prompted to add an “impressum” — or a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document — to their page descriptions. ...

In the recent transition, the Scripting News feed lost its descriptions. Fixed. ;-)
In the latest transition on "Scripting News" a bug appeared that caused my feed to lose its descriptions on new posts. This has now been fixed. ...

META Description - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/016691.html

Game of Thrones Theme on Tin Whistle (Notes in Description) - YouTube
The theme to Game of Thrones as played on a D tin whistle (transcribed from Eb). Enjoy Simple Notation: http://damihce726.blogspot.ie/2015/0 ...

'Captain America: Civil War': 'leaked' trailer description teases action sequences
Steve Rogers will try and stop a helicopter from taking off, using his bare hands in the trailer of “Captain America: Civil War.”

'Jane, 28, athletic but sexy': A Hollywood producer tweets hilariously awful sexist descriptions of female ...
... hot." "JANE stands next to it (30's) dressed in a paramedic's uniform – blonde, fit, smokin' hot." And so reads one of the many opening descriptions ...

Glenn O’Brien’s Ideal Job Description
It takes flair and a certain amount of years in the media business to execute the following maneuver , during an informal job interview, with ...

'Work in progress', a description which fits both major parties at the moment
Both political parties are courting disaster, Liberals over the economy, Labor over reputational matters.

"Now, what could possibly be wrong with the description 'hard worker'?"
Asks Greta Van Susteren before playing video of Melissa Harris-Perry calling out a guest for saying that Paul Ryan is a "hard worker." This is ...