Running .sce files in command line - Windows and UNIX

Hi,

I have a very basic question that I haven't been able to find an
answer to online. Am new to SCILAB, and am running it on both a
Windows (Vista) and a UNIX system. I have an .sce file that I am
trying to execute within the terminal (in both these OS's) - and am
unable to find the syntax to do so under either platform.

Would be very grateful for any ideas. I currently am trying "scilab -f
x.sce" (with the right path) but to no avail. Does the .sce file need
to end with "exit" if I want to run it entirely within the terminal?
Can the -nw option help?

Thanks so much,

Shruthi
0
Shruthi

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:20:09 -0800, Shruthi Jayaram wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a very basic question that I haven't been able to find an answer
> to online. Am new to SCILAB, and am running it on both a Windows (Vista)
> and a UNIX system. I have an .sce file that I am trying to execute
> within the terminal (in both these OS's) - and am unable to find the
> syntax to do so under either platform.
>
> Would be very grateful for any ideas. I currently am trying "scilab -f
> x.sce" (with the right path) but to no avail. Does the .sce file need to
> end with "exit" if I want to run it entirely within the terminal? Can
> the -nw option help?
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Shruthi

Yes it needs to have an "exit" at the end (so it needs to be specially
designed to run from a terminal), and the -nw can speed things up.

If you want to run the scrip both inside and outside of a terminal, you
have to make a wrapper script with the "exit", or you have to be clever
about figuring out what the command line parameters were.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim

multiple files in command line arguments or adding command line arguments to a running application
Hi,   I want to be able to open more than one data file in my stand-alone labview application. I can open one file by using cmdarg variable just fine. I want to be able to either a) have multiple files in the cmdarg variable (I can parse them if they are appended into one string, but now windows is just giving me one file that i clicked even though I may have 3 of them selected in explorer) or b) add files one at a time by clicking them, but I want these files to be going to the same labview application (to be appended to the cmdarg?), not starting a new copy of the Labview...

Load file into Scilab Command Line in Scilab 5.0.X
Hi Forum, if i open a file in Scipad (Version 5.0.1 or 5.0.3) and want to load it into the Scilab command line then nothing happens. Scilab is installed on Windows XP. Can somebody help me. On 27 nov, 11:00, marcus.d...@treibacher.com wrote: > if i open a file in Scipad (Version 5.0.1 or 5.0.3) and want > to load it into the Scilab command line then nothing > happens. Scilab is installed on Windows XP. In Scipad you should see "Exec done" (or the translation of this in your locale) in the status bar at the bottom of the Scipad window. Is it not the case? Then, if you don't see anything happening in the Scilab console, maybe what you are loading from Scipad into Scilab is a function? In this case, try to run that function from Scilab. Or you have a script containing the input() function. This is known to hang Scilab and Scipad (bug 2578). Francois ...

Run Unix shell command $ parse command line arguments in python
Hello evryone I am a newbie to python. I have a makefile which i can compile in UNIX/LINUX, But i I am planning to write a python script which actually does what my MAKEFILE does. The make file is #Makefile and some scripts to give output #numbers #Change till sign #END var1:=564-574 a1 = 23 b1 = 678 kxm = ixm_7.gh out = c$(var1)_s.gh imageim #END #other files file1 = sec$(b1).jk file2 = sgf$(a1) file3 = p$(b1).gh prg3scriptfile = prg3_produce.xx findoutdir = Dir:~/home/ x=67 #work evrything: prg1 script2 prg3 script4 withoutprg1: script2 prg3 script4 prg1: s$(ca)$(d) . scrip...

problem with running scilab from command line
Hi, Can someone help me with this error message that I get while trying to get scilab to carry out a script, while I call scilab from PHP? I had this working perfectly until today, but something happened, and all I get now is this error. I am making this call from PHP using the Apache web server: $msg = system("/usr/bin/scilab3 -nw -f/var/www/scilab/set2/scitest.sce"); where scitest.sce is my input script which scilab should carry out. The return message which I get is this: ------------------------------------------- Scilab-3.0 Copyright (c) 1989-2004 Consortium Scilab (INRIA, ENPC) ------------------------------------------- You must define the environment variable HOME Startup execution: loading initial environment !--error 4 undefined variable : MSDOS at line 6 of function OS_Version called by : line 22 of function unix_g called by : if home=='ndef',home=unix_g('cd; pwd');end line 20 of exec file called by : exec('SCI/scilab.star',-1);;exec('/var/www/scilab/set2/scitest.sce',-1) This works perfectly if I just call this from a Linux shell window: ...

Running M-File from Command Line?
Is there a way to invoke Matlab to run a single m-file? The purpose is to be able to "build" matlab output files from a make file. -- Randy Yates Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Research Triangle Park, NC, USA randy.yates@sonyericsson.com, 919-472-1124 Randy Yates wrote: > Is there a way to invoke Matlab to run a single m-file? > The purpose is to be able to "build" matlab output files > from a make file. matlab -r matlab_cmd I haven't done this since version 3.5 or so, so you might need to play with it. matlab -help does work for release 14 runnin...

how to run a command line command
lo there all i have an app that i want to launch an application from. i use linux with a bash shell. If i want to launch a program from my terminal, i use /myprogram or /home/myuser/myprogram how could i do something like this from a ruby script ? thanks sk On Mar 5, 12:22 pm, "shawn bright" <neph...@gmail.com> wrote: > lo there all > i have an app that i want to launch an application from. > i use linux with a bash shell. If i want to launch a program from my > terminal, i use > /myprogram > or /home/myuser/myprogram > > how could i do something l...

Error while running implementation through unix command line
Hello, I am new to Xilinx and bash scripting. I am using Xilinx 13.4. I am trying to run implementation(ngdbuild, map, par etc) to create the bit file through a bash script, but I am getting an error. Following is the snippet of my error :- Running synthesis... bash -c "cd synthesis; ./synthesis.sh" xst -ifn system_xst.scr -intstyle silent Running XST synthesis ... PMSPEC -- Overriding Xilinx file </tools/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/EDK/virtex5/data/virtex5.acd> with local file </tools/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/ISE/virtex5/data/virtex5.acd> XST completed er...

any command or file to find the no or processor running in Unix ??
Any command or file to find the number of processor's running in Unix and what are its size ?? Also is there any way we can find that how many CPU the machine uses in UNIX ?? senthilS wrote: > Any command or file to find the number of processor's running in Unix > and what are its size ?? > > Also is there any way we can find that how many CPU the machine uses in > UNIX ?? It depends on which unix you are using. With AIX try this: How many>? lscfg|grep proc How big? (or fast) lsattr -Elproc0 Greg Beeker <gbeeker@gmail.com> wrote: > > senthilS wrot...

Ignore the header running m file from command line
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/142342 The same exact question, except it didn't solve my problem... I don't want to save all the ouputs in a file. I would like to get rid off the header (matlab...) can I do that? Thanks.. ...

Running a Unix Command-Line App via PHP?
I'm developing a web site in PHP for an Apache server. I have a particular stand-alone application that takes a text file as input, and produces a text-file as output. It's usually run from the Unix command line. I'd like my PHP code to provide the input text file, run the stand-alone application, and then read the output text file and reformat it for display on the site. Is there a way for my PHP app, to cause this Unix command-line application to run? Thanks in advance to all for any info. In our last episode, <vikr-1ED27C.01253918092007@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernew...

Running the kernel command line with additional input files
Hi MathGroup I have a package myPack.m that reads input from two text files file1.txt file2.txt The names of the files will change from job to job and thus have to be given by the user. Thus I would like to run something like math < myPack.m (whatever) file1.txt file2.txt I have tried with Input[] instructions in myPack.m but it doesn't work. How could I do that ? Thanks Hi, > I have a package myPack.m that reads input from two text files > file1.txt file2.txt > > The names of the files will change from job to job and thus have to be > given by the user. > > Thus I would like to run something like > math < myPack.m (whatever) file1.txt file2.txt I had the same problem once and couldn't find a way to pass additional arguments to a mathematica script this way. Anyway it is rather simple to write a shell (or batch or whatever-) script which writes mathematica-code to a file which contains the arguments, and that's what I ended up doing. e.g. in a bourne shell: #!/bin/sh file1=$1 file2=$2 cat > tmpscript.m <<EOF file1 = "$file1"; file2 = "$file2"; Get["mypack.m"]; EOF math < tmpscript.m > result.txt I think you get the point... hth albert Hi, setting environment variables doen not work ? Regards Jens <kalymereau@yahoo.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:djhsok$shl$1@smc.vnet.net... | Hi MathGr...

Should be an easy one... run .m from unix command line
I'm having trouble running a .m file from the unix command line. What is the command to do this? I've tried: matlab -nojvm -r "run ~tsuttles/MATLABTEST/matlabtest.m" On 2006-10-26 20:14 Tannet Suttles said the following: > I'm having trouble running a .m file from the unix command line. > What is the command to do this? I've tried: > > matlab -nojvm -r "run ~tsuttles/MATLABTEST/matlabtest.m" Did you get any errors thrown or did it just not work? /PB -- "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.&quo...

HELP: Command line language (Unix) and RAR files
I was sent a DVD that was in RAR parts. Normally I don't have a problem decoding them and putting them back together. Unfortunately, this particular DVD was encoded using WinRAR 3.41 so all of my usual apps won't decode it. It is passworded but I have the pw. I do have the Mac version of WinRAR 3.41 but alas it is command line language only. Now I can't even spell command line language let alone know how to use it. So, can anyone help me? Thanks. -- Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before. My address has been anti-spammed. Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing inv...

Running a SQL file from OSQL command line utility
Hi, I have dumped a very large database from mysql (using mysqldump program) as a raw sql file. The reason was, convert this database to a MSSQL database. Since mysqldump creates the file as raw sql file with the database-table structures and the data in it, I thought using OSQL command line utilities should work to out this whole database in MSSQL server. I have run this command from command line: osql -u sa -i mysqldump.sql It is going since yesterday. It has been almost 36 hours that it's started. And in the mssql server, I see no database created yet. On the screen of the command line, I see bunch of numbers are going in order. I assume they are row numbers of the tables processed. But, if it is doing it, then where is it saving all this data ? I have checked the tempdb, pub db, other dbs, and I see no tables related to the database I am inserting. Will it populate it at the and of the job ? Or, am I doing something wrong here ? Regards. Murtix. Hi , You cant use that file (generated using MYSQLDUMP) directly in MSSQL using OSQL. This raw file can be used only in MYSQL incase you need a recovary. OSQL program can take only TSQL commands. The solution for you is: 1. Create a database in MSSQL server Manually 2. Use DTS to transfer Tables to MSSQL Server If your table size is very huge , generate a text file in MYSQL for each tables and use BCP IN to load inside MSSQL. Thanks Hari MCDBA "Murtix Van Basten" <nospam@nospam.org&g...

How to run a python script with a configuration file at command line ?
I have been searching for quite some times without success. I have a python script that needs to start from command line and it should have a config file to fill out the detais (itis one program, and many possible configurations). something as simple as PHP would be nice %> ./PHPscript -c configfile is there such a thing in Python? Andreas Jung wrote: > optparse > > is your friend. > > -aj > > 2010/6/3 steph_awk <stephane.larochelle@gmail.com > <mailto:stephane.larochelle@gmail.com>> > > I have been searching for quite ...

Command line arguments when a matlab script file is run.
Hi, I would like to get some helps. I want to pass my input file name using command line arguments when my MATLAB script file is started. Such a way is common in C: command-line arguments are given after the name of a program in command-line operating systems like DOS or Linux, and are passed in to the program from the operating system. Can we do the same thing when we use MATLAB? Could you give me some hints? Thanks! Best, Evan "evan um" <evanum@gmail.com> wrote in message <g74m4v$cbq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I would like to get some helps. > I wan...

Converting dxf files to pdf on the Unix command line.
Does anyone know how to convert dxf files to pdfs with Unix. I tried pstoedit to no avail. The below produces: GPL Ghostscript 8.70: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1 pstoedit -f gs:pdfwrite ~/Desktop/file.dxf ~/Desktop/file.pdf If pstoedit can't convert dxf to pdf, is there a unix package that can? I wanted to convert these file to (pdf or jpg) so imagemagick could convert the result to a thumbnail image Many thanks in advance ...

Need command line to run a file 4 times
Hi Ruby Forum... I have a script that I run every minute in cron to gather SNMP statistics and put them in a DB. Since CRON only goes down to one minute intervals and I'd rather not change my code to loop so that I can poll every 15 seconds, is there a way to run a ruby file from the command line and tell it to run the file 4 times? something like this (which I know doesn't work) do /usr/bin/SnmpPoll.rb * (4) Thanks jackster http://jackster.mobi -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:47 PM, jackster the jackle wrote: > Since CRON only goes down to...

how to read a line from a file on command line
How to read a specific line from a file on command line ? For instance, I have file named test.txt, and I like to read the line 45, one single line only. Does any command I can retrieve the line 45 from the file text.txt ? Thanks. On Friday 18 July 2008 19:25, moongeegee wrote: > How to read a specific line from a file on command line ? > For instance, I have file named test.txt, and I like to read the line > 45, one single line only. > Does any command I can retrieve the line 45 from the file text.txt ? > Thanks. sed -n '45{p;q}' text.txt On 2008-07-18, moong...

How to run commands in command line from a script
I know there is an easy way to do this, and I just can not remember. I have already searched where I thought the module would be. . . I just want to run some name specific commands. Is this easily possible? Thanks, -Ivan _________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/ The code module, perhaps? http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/module-code.html ...

Unix Command Line
Just finished "The Navigator" command, which now works flawlessly. Had sta= rted on the "Undelete" command when a brainstorm hit me. Why not make a "D= elete" command that works like the Macintosh. So, here are three more comm= ands that I am currently working on to work with the Unix Command Line. DELETE, UNDELETE and EMPTYTRASH DELETE (called DEL for short, so the command is distinguished from Basic.sy= stems Delete command) - This moves the directory entry for the file you wan= t to Delete, to a TRASH folder. Also kept up to date is, a text file of wh= ere the deleted file came from that is stored in the trash folder. UNDELETE - will be able to read the text file and return the undeleted file= to its original location. If the file is not found in the trash, then UND= ELETE can perform a check to see if the file was actually deleted and recov= er it then, if it has not been overwritten EMPTYTRASH - does the actual delete of all files in the folder called TRASH= , including the text file that holds all locations Rob On 12-12-10 12:24 PM, gids.rs@sasktel.net wrote: > Just finished "The Navigator" command, which now works flawlessly. > Had started on the "Undelete" command when a brainstorm hit me. Why > not make a "Delete" command that works like the Macintosh. So, here > are three more commands that I am currently working on to work with > the Unix Command Line....

Unix Command Line
Now, you may think. What is so special about the FIND command? It is just= a pretty straight forward command. You tell it what to search for, and it= finds it for you. You give it some criteria and it weeds out anything tha= t does not match that criteria. The criteria usually will result with fewe= r files to allow you to choose from. Or. you may have the option to use a = wild card character which usually results in more files to choose from. But, what if, I told you that the FIND command is the back bone to how a ba= tch file works. For example, you can use the FIND command to find all file= s of a type $C1, which are graphic files, and then have a slide show, no ma= tter where they are stored. You can FIND all the Finder.data files on a ha= rd drive, then delete them all. You can FIND all files that start with a p= art of a name, and lock/unlock them all. That is kinda/sorta what this FIND command does. It finds all files that m= atch your criteria, and has the ability to store the results in a text file= .. You can then edit the text file and put a disk command (delete, lock, un= lock, view) in front of each prefix, then EXEC the text file. Yes, VIEW, c= an even be used when the UNIX command line is installed. It allows you to = view most graphics. A couple of notes on the FIND command should be mentioned. FIND does not u= se the MLI OPEN function. So it will not work on network disks. It reads = from a block device, which make...

Unix Command Line
The navigator is not a file selector, but a quick way to change the prefix = or view a directories contents. I disliked (hate is such a strong word) typing "PREFIX" and then "CATALOG" = to give me a quick reminder of the files I have stored in each directory. = Now I just type "NAV", and walla. now one can quickly navigate and pop in = and out of directories with the arrow keys. The display takes after Windo= ws Explorer with only a tree of directories on the left side and the rest o= f the files on the right that looks something like this. HD Volumes BLKS TYP FILENAME ENDFILE AUXTYPE HD /Mydisk/ DIR |- folder1 DIR | | - folder 1.1 DIR | | | - folder 1.1.1 DIR | | | - folder 1.1.2 DIR | | | - folder 1.1.3 HD and DIR are mousetext representations of their name. The navigator is v= isually pleasing, the navigation super easy, and a simple press of the ESC = key drops you back to the applesoft prompt with the directory you have sele= cted. To make navigation faster, the files are only viewed when open-apple= -right-arrow is pressed. And scrolling of the files is done with open-appl= e-up/down-arrows. Although there are some good file selector programs out there, I needed som= ething fast, written totally in ML, that only displayed folders (with displ= aying files as an option), and that did not disable Basic.system and allowe= d me to return to the applesoft prompt or return to an applesoft program. =...

How can I run scilab from command line without visual editor ?
I need to run only a scilab script every day. So I thought I could do a cron job, but how do I run the script without starting full visual scilab ? For instance, can i do something like perl? scilab test.sci > I need to run only a scilab script every day. So I thought I could do > a cron job, but how do I run the script without starting full visual > scilab ? This is possible. Open Scilab and type help scilab Interesting options for your request are probably -nw (or -nwni) and -f -- Francois Vogel 1-888-MY-ETHER ext. 01907199 <http://www.ether.com/CallButton/Francois-Vogel/6887475.aspx> <http://www.ether.com> On May 1, 2:18 pm, Francois Vogel <fsvogelnew5NOS...@free.fr> wrote: > > I need to run only a scilab script every day. So I thought I could do > > a cron job, but how do I run the script without starting full visual > > scilab ? > > This is possible. Open Scilab and type help scilab > Interesting options for your request are probably -nw (or -nwni) and -f > > -- > Francois Vogel1-888-MY-ETHERext. 01907199 > <http://www.ether.com/CallButton/Francois-Vogel/6887475.aspx> > <http://www.ether.com> Thank you ! That is right! it works well and it is in the help under scilab! Christian ...

running command line commands with arguments...
Dear forum, I need to run a command line like command with arguments in the java code. Now I have things stored in a .bat file that I execute , however, I would like to run everything from the java code itself. Would that be possible? java code: Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime(); try { String s = "latTest.bat"; r.exec(s); } catch (Exception ioe) {} bat file: @ECHO OFF cd c:\Program files\MikTex 2.5 pdflatex C:\Temp\testfile.tex testfile.pdf On 15 Feb 2007 23:19:31 -0800, doneirik wrote: > I need to r...

Web resources about - Running .sce files in command line - Windows and UNIX - comp.soft-sys.math.scilab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Trailbike rider admits running over and killing man who threw rake at him
Motorbike rider who did a U-turn, then rode back towards 65-year-old and 'made no attempt' to avoid hitting him, pleads guilty to manslaughter. ...

Resident of Wolseley Road, Point Piper, charged with running large drug operation
... residential street in the country. But between the homes of models, barristers, judges and businessmen Eric James Jackson has been running a ...

Who ever has heard of a self-respecting Defence contract running on time?
If the actual submarines leak, and have been doing so for years, why wouldn't the plans to get new ones in the water leak?

Warriors' Schedule Running Out of Hurdles to Stop Historical Quest for 73 Wins
In March, it's tough to refer to any game played by a team on pace to submit the best record in NBA history as a must-win affair...

Who's Running Brazil? Chaos Builds as Rousseff Ducks Her Allies
Bloomberg Who's Running Brazil? Chaos Builds as Rousseff Ducks Her Allies Bloomberg When President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil extended her visit ...

Morrissey considering running for Mayor of London
Moz would be running on as the mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party.

Apple's 'spaceship' campus has a huge tunnel running beneath it
Journalist and drone pilot Duncan Sinfield has posted the latest airborne look at Apple's "Campus 2" headquarters, currently under construction ...

Trump Admits He Views Running For President Like The Apprentice: 'That's The Way It Is'
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Sunday said that his presidential campaign and his former reality show, The Apprentice , were ...

Stay distracted: Keep Netflix video running in the foreground on your Mac
Sometimes, work is boring. You might need a distraction from whatever routine task you're doing on your Mac, like entering data into a spreadsheet ...