scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math functions that work in scilab to verilog?

scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable
scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math
functions that work in scilab to verilog?
0
joshua

On Aug 10, 11:12=A0pm, "joshua w." <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable
> scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math
> functions that work in scilab to verilog?

scicos-HDL does not work with scilab anymore. Scicos is now a separate
project called ScicosLab. it is based on version 4.x of scicos. I have
tried using scicos-HDL and found it to be lacking. Basically this was
some grad students class project and doesn't seem to be well
maintained. Also it is not part of the scicos consortium so I don't
think you will get much support. But, I think it will install with
ScicosLab 4.3

Dave
0
dscolson
8/11/2010 7:59:20 PM
would you think I could install it to xcos somehow?

would their be a way to turn scilabs math equations I write into a
model block in xcos then save it as a model of some sort then
something else turn that model data into hdl?
How about the c output any good results with that?

On Aug 11, 3:59=A0pm, "dscol...@rcn.com" <dscol...@rcn.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 11:12=A0pm, "joshua w." <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable
> > scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math
> > functions that work in scilab to verilog?
>
> scicos-HDL does not work with scilab anymore. Scicos is now a separate
> project called ScicosLab. it is based on version 4.x of scicos. I have
> tried using scicos-HDL and found it to be lacking. Basically this was
> some grad students class project and doesn't seem to be well
> maintained. Also it is not part of the scicos consortium so I don't
> think you will get much support. But, I think it will install with
> ScicosLab 4.3
>
> Dave

0
joshua
8/12/2010 11:32:49 AM
On Aug 11, 5:12=A0am, "joshua w." <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable
> scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math
> functions that work in scilab to verilog?

Hi,

Scicos-HDL was designed for Scilab 4.x befoere and after for Scilab
5.1.x / Scicos

The HDL development team is working on a updated version for ScicosLab
4.x, I have a code prototype but it is not yet fully debugged (some
residual bugs on "uicontrol" based user interface).

I suggest you to send an email to the developers (Dear Zhang Dong,
Dear Kang Cai), recently not very active because busy on other
activities.

  Regards

    Simone Mannori

0
Simone

scicos shortcuts don't work (scilab 4.1 source version) fc5
Hello scilab group ! after successful compilation and installation of the scilab 4.1 source release on my fedora core 5 (i386) system, I noticed that the shortcuts in scicos don't work ... (all the functions work fine when choosing the correct menu-counterpart) (but working in this way is MUCH slower than with shortcuts... ) any suggestions ? greets, sepp. sepp wrote: > Hello scilab group ! > > after successful compilation and installation of the scilab 4.1 source > release on my fedora core 5 (i386) system, I noticed that the shortcuts > in scicos don't work ... (all the functions work fine when choosing the > correct menu-counterpart) (but working in this way is MUCH slower than > with shortcuts... ) > Make sure the NumLock and the CapsLock are not activated. Ramine hello Ramine ! thank you very much! (the NumLock was turned on... ) (but why didn't I have any problems with this with the binary / scliab-gtk releases ??) greets, sepp. Ramine Nikoukhah wrote: > sepp wrote: > > Hello scilab group ! > > > > after successful compilation and installation of the scilab 4.1 source > > release on my fedora core 5 (i386) system, I noticed that the shortcuts > > in scicos don't work ... (all the functions work fine when choosing the > > correct menu-counterpart) (but working in this way is MUCH slower than > > with shortcuts....

Scilab-4.0: Moving objects in scicos doesn't work
After opening scicos, I can put a block in the window but I can't no more move it. This happens when scilab is compiled after a simple "./configure". When I compile Scilab after "./configure --with-gtk" I have additional problems: getting blocks from a palette and putting into the scicos window doesn't work. This probleam has been annonced as bug 1708 under bugzilla. I want to see if other people can reproduce this bug. Roberto Roberto Bucher wrote: > After opening scicos, I can put a block in the window but I can't no > more move it...

[Scilab 2.7 to 3.0] Custom scicos block didn't work anymore
Hello everyone. I used to play with custom C block under scicos 2.7, using the computationnal function of type 1 described in Engineering and scientific computing book. They worked quite good with scilab 2.7, but not with scilab 3.0. I think this is a probleme with the interface function, because, if I printf() the simulation flag I received, I only get flag 1 (ouput update). With scilab 2.7, I got also flag 2 (states update). Moreover, between scilab 2.7 and scilab 3.0, the strucit scicos_block appear into block design, but as far I test it I can't get the point to make...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

New WIN98 installation of Scilab 2.5: PROBLEM: can't print to scilex from keyboard; can't change scilex background (using toolbar command)
hello and thank-you. i tried to put everything I have to say in the subject line! To amplify a little, I have just completed a new installation of scilab 2.5 on my ancient win98 operating system, on my toshiba tecra 8000 laptop. on starting scilab, i find i am able to run demos, and generally operate from the command line successfully. however as you will understand i wish to edit files, and when i try the editor (scilex) i find i am presented with a frame of black screen with a toolbar on which i can change the typeface but not the background, and i cannot put text into the edit...

scilab/scicos works very slow
Hi, I'm using windows vista and scilab 5.xxx why scicos work so slow ? Miki On 23 mai, 21:29, "Miki" <miki2000-nos...@wp.pl> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using windows vista and scilab 5.xxx > why scicos work so slow ? > > Miki Try the latest version of Scicos, Scicos 4.3, distributed with ScicosLab 4.3 available from www.scicos.org or www.scicoslab.org. Ramine ok it works normaly (in scicoslab 4.3) and scicoslab can read files from scilab, but scilab 5.1.1 can't read files in sicoslab 4.3 ... Uzytkownik <Ramine.Nikoukhah@inria.fr> napisal w wiadomosci news:9383073c-3c9d-4857-b204-1121c593fbac@c9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > On 23 mai, 21:29, "Miki" <miki2000-nos...@wp.pl> wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I'm using windows vista and scilab 5.xxx >> why scicos work so slow ? >> >> Miki > > Try the latest version of Scicos, Scicos 4.3, distributed with > ScicosLab 4.3 available from www.scicos.org or www.scicoslab.org. > > Ramine ok it works normaly (in scicoslab 4.3) and scicoslab can read files from scilab, but scilab 5.1.1 can't read files in sicoslab 4.3 ... and "loading initial environment Scicos version 4.2 (adapted for Scilab 5 by The Scilab Consortium) Copyright (c) 1992-2009 Metalau project INRIA Licensed under the GNU Public License (GPL) I recovered from the following error: No version...

can't get mingw gcc to work with scilab XCOS electrical demos
I'm running Scilab 5.3.1 on Windows XP, and tried to use the XCOS electrica= l demos, which I understand need a C compiler because they use modelica. I = have mingw gcc installed, and it's in my path. All I get is this error in the Scilab Console: =20 !sorry compiling problem ! ! ! !A Fortran or C compiler is required. ! How do I get Scilab to recognize where gcc is installed? Could someone please file a bug to change the error message so that it refe= rences some information for how to fix the problem? "A Fortran or C compile= r is required" is of very little help. It doesn't say what kind of compiler= s are supported, or how to get Scilab to recognize they exist. ...

Databases Don't Work With OSes; OSes Don't Work With Databases -- Windos 2003 "You've Made A Mess" Say Irate Users !?!!
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=windows+2003+server+problem&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=2&as_miny=2004&as_maxd=7&as_maxm=6&as_maxy=2004&selm=ObEBOsECEHA.684%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1 Search Result 1 From: Dave Verwer (d.verwer@link-hrsystems.com) Subject: Problem with SQL Server & MSDTC on Windows 2003 (dtctester.exe related) View: Complete Thread (9 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server, microsoft.public.windows.server.general Date: 2004-03-12 08:02:14 PST Hi all I am not su...

log() function don't work, how can workarround this function ...?
Hi to all From Help of Vo i see : Description The Log() function returns x in the following equation: e^x = y therefore : LOCAL i AS INT LOCAL f AS FLOAT i:=2^10 // result 1024 f:=LOG(i) // result 6,93 and not 10,00 why don't work ? Regards From Naples Luigi De Palma But the answer is correct! You seem to be expecting the log function to know that you want to work to base 2 - but the log function works to base e, where e = 2.718281828...... So, e^6.9314718 = 1024 Rob Luigi De Palma wrote: > Hi to all > > From Help of Vo...

Scilab doesn't work at all on my macbook.
Hi! I have installed scilab-5.1.1-alpha on my MacOS Leopard...and when I click on the puffin nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what might be happening? Cheers! In article <31f7c627-9a7c-4129-9b8f-c6e2268a6ad1@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, ainhoaaparicio <ainhoaaparicio@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have installed scilab-5.1.1-alpha on my MacOS Leopard...and when I >click on the puffin nothing happens. >Can anyone tell me what might be happening? > >Cheers! Likely you have a PPC processor machine, the version you downloaded is for Intel pr...

Scilab.Finish() doesn't work
Hi all! I am currently working on a Javasci application and i have noticed that Scilab.Finish() does not work. This function is supposed to terminate the scilab instance and free the occupied memory but it always returns false and the memory is not freed until the java virtual machine is closed. I don't think the problem is in located in my code because Scilab.Finish() has the same behavior in all the javasci examples included in Scilab in every platform (WinXP/Linux) In my application, this problem implies that i have to restart java after few execution of the javasci implemented routine because the memory is full (512 MB!!!). Calling the garbage collector doesn't help. My routine executed directly by Scilab (not through javasci) occupies at maximum 10 MB. Thanks In article <1153740956.251200.296360@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, sir.puscifer@gmail.com says... > Hi all! > I am currently working on a Javasci application and i have noticed that > Scilab.Finish() does not work. > This function is supposed to terminate the scilab instance and free the > occupied memory but it always returns false and the memory is not freed > until the java virtual machine is closed. > I don't think the problem is in located in my code because > Scilab.Finish() has the same behavior in all the javasci examples > included in Scilab in every platform (WinXP/Linux) > In my application, this problem implies that i have t...

Can't get sqlite3.Row working: keyword lookup doesn't work
Hello, using Python 2.7.6 I try to access a sqlite database using keyword lookup instead of position (much more easy to maintain code), but it always fail, with the error: Index must be int or string I have created the database, populated it, and here is the code that tries to retrieve the information: with sqlite3.connect(mydbPath) as db: # open the database db.row_factory = sqlite3.Row cursor = db.cursor() cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM files") for row in cursor.fetchall(): print(row.keys()) print(row["filename&qu...

[MuPad] SciLab Link doesn't work?
I'm hoping someone who uses MuPad Light 2.5.3 with the "SciLab link" can help me ... After obtaining a license for "upgrade for the use of the Scilab link within MuPAD Light", I re-installed MuPad and registered with the new license key, but scilab::start() still gives "Error: Unknown slot "scilab::start" [slot]" (scilab is a subfolder of ...\MuPAD Light 2.5.3\packages\). What must I do to access SciLab from MuPad Light 2.5.3? Thanks very much for any help. --r.e.s. ...

Scilab-5: plot doesn't work
Hello, I've installed the last revision of scilab-5 and the plot function still doesn't work for me. I work on linux mandriva-2008.0. Here are the first lines of the java error messages: [root@localhost bin]# Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java: 102) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.access $000(NativeLibLoader.java:51) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader $1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:70) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadGlueGenRT(NativeLibLoader.java: 68) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibrary.ensureNativeLibLoaded(NativeLibrary.java: 399) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:163) at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:129) at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.DRIHack.begin(DRIHack.java:109) at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLDrawableFactory.<clinit>(X11GLDrawableFactory.java: 99) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Clas...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

working with scicos models in scilab (AC analysis/bode)
Hi fellow Scilab users, I'm 'trying to figure how' to perform the following actions using scilab/scicos: 1- I built a model using scicos (with 1 input and 1 output), consisting of one superblock 2- now I want to perform AC analysis (esp. bode()) in scilab of that model, I figured I'll have to load('model1.cos') in scilab which leaves me with the variable named scs_m 3- ...I'm stuck at this point. I assume I should use lincos(scs_m) now but all I get are errormessages about undefined variables Simulating the Scicos model in scicos itself works flawless (e.g. step/ramp system response). Any advice/hint will be highly appreciated. Many thanks, Shane Shane wrote: > Hi fellow Scilab users, > > I'm 'trying to figure how' to perform the following actions using > scilab/scicos: > 1- I built a model using scicos (with 1 input and 1 output), consisting > of one superblock > 2- now I want to perform AC analysis (esp. bode()) in scilab of that > model, I figured I'll have to load('model1.cos') in scilab which leaves > me with the variable named scs_m > 3- ...I'm stuck at this point. I assume I should use lincos(scs_m) now > but all I get are errormessages about undefined variables > It shouldn't. Could you send me your file. Ramine Just so that everybody who might search the archives also gets the trick (problem solved thanks to Ramine): I just &#...

This math formula work a few month a go, but nowadays it didn't work anymore
Hi, Here is the test files examples: http://www.divshare.com/download/11196739-= 0ab What are wrong in the frame? \documentclass{beamer} \usepackage{beamerthemesplit} \usepackage[brazil]{babel} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pgf} \usepackage{multimedia} \usepackage{multirow} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{amssymb} \usepackage[normalem]{ulem} \usepackage{textcomp} \newcommand\xxout{\bgroup \markoverwith{X}\ULon} \title[Experimenta=E7=E3o \ldots] {Experimenta=E7=E3o Florestal} \subtitle {An=E1lise de Vari=E2nc...

C-Programming
Hello, I have a problem to build a C-Program with mat-functions. I try to use the 'matOpen'-function, which is declared in the mat.h. When I type >>gcc -o mat matprog.c<< into my Linuxshell I get several Errors - one for each mat-function I want to use. the errors are: /tmp/ccoGLcng.o(.text+0x50): In function 'main': : undefined reference to 'matOpen' .. .. .. Compiling and assembling is no problem, but linking. In the mat.h there are only the declarations for the functions, but not the definitions. I can't find those definitions in my Matlab-enviro...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

wireless card works from knoppix but can't get working with hard drive install
my usb wireless nic a hawking hwu54g zd1211 driver knoppix brings it up 0 problem and Im BAM on the net now i want to make it work with a normal hard drive install wha do i do? How do i dig the config outa knoppix? I did lsusb and it shows... will post more tonight when i get home ...

Can't get sound working (don't worry, full of details)
Hi, I'm new to OpenBSD but I'd like to use it as my desktop. One of the two problems which don't let me do that is that I can't get any sound, :P. Well, I read the FAQs and here is the deal: My motherboard is this: SY-P4VGM http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=273 My chip is supported (VT8233): http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html dmesg output related to my chip: auvia0 at pci0 dev 17 function 5 "VIA VT8233 AC97" rev 0x50: irq 12 ac97: codec id 0x56494161 (VIA Technologies VT1612A) ac97: codec features headphone, 18 bit DAC, 18 bi...

wireless card works from knoppix but can't get working with hard drive install #2
my usb wireless nic a hawking hwu54g zd1211 driver knoppix brings it up 0 problem and Im BAM on the net now i want to make it work with a normal hard drive install wha do i do? How do i dig the config outa knoppix? I did lsusb and it shows... will post more tonight when i get home ...

scilab doesn't work on suse 9.0 linux for amd64
i installed the scilab package from the suse9.0 linux disk and typed scilab with no arguments. i got a little blank window labeled scilex that came up and it seemed to hang. i ran the top command and watched the scilex process eat up 1.8Gb or my 2Gb of RAM and then started working on the virtual memory .... when it got up the about 5.8 Gb after several minutes, i killed the process. then i downloaded the source and tried and ran the configure script as per instructions and the script failed because it does not seem to recognize the "x86_64" processor (amd opteron). has anyone out there successfully built and used scilab on the amd64 architecture? thanks, doug ...

open and read functions (can't make 'read' work..)
Hi, I'm trying to read from the txt file 'ip.packets.2.txt' using the read function. It seems everything ok, but I get a -1 when executing >>bytesr = read(fdo1, bufread, 2); The 'open' function returns the file dsc 3. So this seems ok.. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks! FBM #define BUFSIZE 1024 #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> double now() { struct timeval t; gettimeofday(&t,NULL); return ((double)t.tv_sec + (double)t.tv_usec/1000000.0); } int main(in...

Web resources about - scicos-HDL the install steps don't match what is there in the stable scilab or scicos programs does it still work? can I convert some math functions that work in scilab to verilog? - comp.soft-sys.math.scilab