Who can help us getting SciLab started? Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1

These are the Console Error Messages when attempting to start
scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 by double clicking the icon.

Who can help us getting SciLab started?

ZK

11/8/09 1:59:06 AM	[0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNSo9_M_insertIlEERSoT_
11/8/09 1:59:06 AM	[0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]
Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
11/8/09 1:59:06 AM	[0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]
Expected in:
/Applications/scilab-5.1.1-alpha-1.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/../../lib/thirdparty//libstdc++.6.dylib
11/8/09 1:59:06 AM	[0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]	 in
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
11/8/09 1:59:09 AM	[0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]
/Applications/scilab-5.1.1-alpha-1.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/scilab: line
313:  2505 Trace/BPT trap          "$SCILABBIN" "$@"
11/8/09 1:59:09 AM	com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[112]
([0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494]) Exited with exit
code: 133
11/8/09 1:59:09 AM	ReportCrash[2507]	Saved crash report for
scilab-bin[2505] version ??? (???) to
/Users/heinz/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/scilab-bin_2009-11-08-015909_iMacDuo.crash
0
Znieh
11/8/2009 1:03:08 AM
comp.soft-sys.math.scilab 12092 articles. 2 followers. d_k (3) is leader. Post Follow

Scilab 5.1.1. does not open on iMac G5 running Mac OS X 10.5.6
Hi there, Scilab 5.1.1. (and even 5.1) does not open up. When I double click on scilab 5.1.1 in the Applications folder, the "Scilab bird" appears in the dock, which then soon transforms into a paper with a cup. Nothing happens after that! I have to force quit it. I simply ran scilab-bin under the MacOS of the package. I get the following error message dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/pmarecha/compilation_chain_macosx/ sci_binary/scilab-5.1.1-alpha-1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/scilab/ libscilab.0.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/scilab-5.1.1-alpha-1.app/Contents/ MacOS/bin/./scilab-bin Reason: image not found I am not sure if the above alone is a problem or if there is an additional problem due to Java. I have Java installed. Running java - version yields java version "1.5.0_16" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16- b06-284) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing) Any insight would be really helpful! I am running Mac OS X 10.5.6 Thanks in advance best regards Arun In article <a6fbd1c6-69e3-4426-9ad0-199d7a22726d@c18g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, arun.kt@gmail.com <arun.kt@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >Scilab 5.1.1. (and even 5.1) does not open up. When I double click on >scilab 5.1.1 in the Applications folder, the "Scilab bird" appears in >the dock, which then soon transforms into a paper with a cup. Nothing >...

Mac & Scilab 5.1.1-alpha-1 instability
Hi I've installed Scilab 5.1.1-alpha-1 on MacBook Pro (Intel). Scilab works ok, but after 5 to 10 minutes it crashes ! Do you know how to make Scilab to work without crashes ? Thanks In article <1j4fmas.1tx0u6u1c9q2wN%fiopax@libero.it>, fiopa <fiopax@libero.it> wrote: >Hi >I've installed Scilab 5.1.1-alpha-1 on MacBook Pro (Intel). >Scilab works ok, but after 5 to 10 minutes it crashes ! >Do you know how to make Scilab to work without crashes ? >Thanks I have a similar setup and I haven't notices any instabilities; but likely that means I'm not doing what you're doing that causes the crashes. -- Steven Bellenot http://www.math.fsu.edu/~bellenot Professor and Associate Chair phone: (850) 644-7405 Department of Mathematics office: 223 Love Florida State University email: bellenot at math.fsu.edu ...

Scilab 4.1.1 release and Scilab
We are happy to inform you that: - the Scilab 4.1.1 release, - the Scilab - LabVIEW Gateway release 1.0, are available on the www.scilab.org website Please note that the Scilab 4.1.1 is released for three main reasons: to have a HP-UX Scilab 4.1.1 release available for Scilab users, to provide a Scilab version running with the Scilab - LabVIEW Gateway release 1.0 to provide a new workaround to avoid the major bug of the gfortran compiler. (Workaround provided with Scilab 4.1 had problem displaying data even if calculation wasn't impacted) 1/ You will find the Scilab 4.1.1 on the page: http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=release.html 2/ You will find the link to download the Scilab - LabVIEW Gateway on the page: http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=SLG.html 3/ Please mention bugs in our Bugzilla database: http://www.scilab.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla_bug_II/index.cgi (Select "Scilab 4.1.1 version" in the subsection of the product) Thanks for your interest for Scilab The operational team of Scilab Consortium Hi, I just installed Scilab-4.1.1 and the new Scilab-LabVIEW gateway. But the gateway doesn't work, though the old version worked well. Are there things those should be done other than mentioned in the readme file? HnZ Hi, Please , Install LabView 8.x (8.2) Install Scilab 4.1.1 Install Scilab - LabView gateway : Unzip t...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[URGENT] Mac OS X 10.1 --> 10.1.5
Hi, I'm trying to install the update for Mac OS X 10.1.5, but it doesn't work. Message at the beginning of installation�: "Installer Update is required for this update". I think I have the latest version of the installer (1.1), after installing "SecurityUpdate7-18-02.pkg" (which makes anyway impossible to do the installer update). What can I do? Thanks for help, Christophe ...

Vuescan 8.0.5 not starting in Mac OS X 10.1.5
Vuescan 8.0.5 fails to start in Mac OS X 10.1.5. I have been running VS 7.x.x successfully. The 8.0.x series will not run. Where do I look for the source of problems? I'll most appreciative of pointers to any available resources. I can't find so much as a crash log. Thank you! "Richard Wyble" <rwyble@yahoo.com> wrote in message: > Vuescan 8.0.5 fails to start in Mac OS X 10.1.5. Yes, you need Mac OS X 10.2 for VueScan 8.0 Regards, Ed Hamrick Ed Hamrick wrote: > "Richard Wyble" <rwyble@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

What is the difference between Java JRE 5.x and 6.x (1.5.x / 1.6.x) ???
What exactly is the difference between the JRE 5.x and 6.x (or 1.5.x and 1.6.x) versions of the Sun Java Runtime Engine for windows? Why does Sun maintain 2 different versions or streams or forks of the JRE? Is it true that version 5 was supposed to have an EOL this past October - or was it always EOL in October 2009? How would my "internet browsing experience" be different if my system had the latest update of version 5 versus version 6? Is it true that version 6 is somehow optimized or faster than 5? sm5w2@yahoo.com wrote: > What exactly is the difference between the JRE 5....

scilab 5.1.1 : cannot get back in command lines with arrows
Hello everyone, I wanted to point another annoying behaviour. I can not get back in the previous typed commands by using keyboard arrows. They seem to be deactived, or not attached to any event. Is there anyway to get them enabled or to debug what's happening ? Best regards, Red. This bug has been corrected since 5.1.1. You can try to install a scilab nightly build. Yc I am using Scilab 5.1.1 The thing is that I wasn't using the default scilab start-up script. I was directly using scilab-bin by setting the environment myself. Now I am also using the routines laid out in the "scilab" start-up script and the arrow functionality is fine. Cheers, Red. ...

Help! Can't download e-mail (Eudora 6.1.1 and OS 9.1)
For three days now, Eudora (v. 6.1.1) has crashed and frozen my Mac (G4, OS 9.1) when it tries to delete old e-mail on the Southwestern Bell server. Eudora gets almost to the end of deleting between 300 and 400 old messages (mostly spam), then freezes, and then my Mac freezes. As a result, I can't receive any e-mail (and the spam backlog keeps growing). I can send messages, but only if I send them before checking for new ones. Newsgroups and the Web still work, as do all applications that I've run since the e-mail problem began. Running a fresh copy of Eudora from an external hard ...

Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs
I have Mathematica 5.1. After the upgrade of Mac OS X to 10.5 (Leopard) it seems to hang forever when I start it, using 95%+ of CPU time. Is it not compatible? And is version 6.0 compatible? I could not easily find the information on Wolfram's website. TIA Marc -- remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail <http://www.heusser.com> On Nov 12, 4:15 am, Marc Heusser <marc.heus...@byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid> wrote: > I have Mathematica 5.1. After the upgrade of Mac OS X to 10.5 (Leopard) > it seems to hang forever when I start it, us...

Scilab 3.1.1 Configuration under SuSe 10
Hi, I have installed Scilab3.1.1 using the SuSe rpms and am presented with the old style interface (I have tk/tcl 8.4+ installed). I have tried changing "set old_style on" to "set old_style off" in the scilab.star file without success. Can anyone advise how I can set Scilab to display in the new style? Regards, Allan Actually, the new style is not related with the Scilab interface. It deals with the representation of graphics entities. With the new style, which is enable by default in Scilab 3.1.1, the graphic entities are created with an object oriented and more comprehenive manner than before. The only difference with the interface come from the OS you are using. There is a difference between Windows and Linux/Unix. I hope I answered your question, Jean-Baptiste > I have installed Scilab3.1.1 using the SuSe rpms and am presented with > the old style interface (I have tk/tcl 8.4+ installed). I have tried > changing "set old_style on" to "set old_style off" in the scilab.star > file without success. Can anyone advise how I can set Scilab to > display in the new style? you might want to recompile scilab from source using --with-gtk2, which uses the gtk widget instead of the athena xaw, and provides a better look plus some bonuses like shell autocompletion and faster graphics. This has nothing to do with tk/tcl, nor with new/old style graphics as remarked by Jean-Baptiste. ht...

scilab 5.1.1 : tohome executed after each command
Hello everyone, I am using Scilab 5.1.1 for linux 64bits. I did not configure anything in the interface. So I think I have the default interface. While using the command prompt in the console, the prompt (cursor) comes back to the top of the console window view. It seems that the tohome() is executed everytime I enter a new command. This is a quite annoying behaviour since I don't see the outputs of my one-line scripts unless I use the mouse to scroll up the window. Thanks in advance for any advice that could help me avoiding to have to scroll up all the time. Best Regards, Red. This is not a normal behavior. Please fill a bug report at http://bugzilla.scilab.org. YC Hello, I have notice that bug #43894 alreaedy seems to describe what happens in my console but the thing is that I don't even call clc() either tohome(). I just have to enter anycommand for the cursor to get to home. :) The thing is that I am using Scilab 5.1.1 binary version for Linux 64bits. And I am using scilab-bin directly by setting myself the environment variables because I need so. I guess that was the problem. I wasn't using the routines line "do_scilex()" :-) Now I use the scilab script for its routines and with a modified environment. Now the console behaves correctly meaning the scroll procedure is respected (scrollbar stays down) but the last line of results is offset. I have posted a comment on bug #4389 ANd i'll...

Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs
On 11/12/07 at 5:12 AM, marc.heusser@byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid (Marc Heusser) wrote: >I have Mathematica 5.1. After the upgrade of Mac OS X to 10.5 >(Leopard) it seems to hang forever when I start it, using 95%+ of >CPU time. >Is it not compatible? I don't know how whether version 5.1 is compatible with 10.5 >And is version 6.0 compatible? It appears to be. That is, I've not had any problems running version 6 under 10.5. I have noticed the launch time does seem to be a bit slower. But not enough to be considered a problem. -- To reply v...

Re: Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs
I have been considering making a switch from Windows XP to a Mac for a while. The arrival of Vista makes the decsion a little harder, and I have just been told that Mac Office 2008 will not include VBA which means some of my spreadsheets won't work under Leopard. I visited the Apple Mac store this past weekend to see a demo - and was a little shocked that the demo machine crashed four times in one hour. It seemed like iCal, Time Machine and iPhoto are not stable and likely to be a huge pain. I also note there is a major bug which results in lost files during copy and move operatio...

upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.1 quits without updating the application (Mac OS X)
I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1.1. However, the installer quits after installing 10-15 of 70 items, and says it was successful, but it doesn't actually update the application. I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4, and have repaired permissions, and also tried running the update as root - still doesn't work. Has anyone encountered this problem, and found a fix? The only thing I can think of at this point is to do a clean install of 6.1.1, and move any old files over. And, I can't contact their tech support, because my registration isn't current, even though I'm planni...

[News] X.org X Server 1.9 is Near, AMD Catalyst 10.6 and OpenCL 1.1 Are Out

Scilab 5.1: Browser for folder is behind all Scilab windows
Hi! Does anybody knows how to make browser for folder folder window to be over all windows? Now I call rdf=tk_getdir(rdf,Select data"); from clicking a button on a graphic window and get the browser window hidden under other windows that is very annoying. Thanks in advance. Nick ...

install scilab-5.1.1 on x86_64 centos5.3
I'm having trouble installing on Centos-5.3 x86_64 I followed the instructions: I unpacked scilab-5.1.1.bin.linux-x86_64.tar.gz to /opt/scilab-5.1.1 and ran the script ./bin/scilab. Got errors - can not find lib????.so.5. I wrote a shell script to create links from the sonames to the real names. That fixed that class of errors but now I get this error: "The native library sciconsole does not exist or cannot be found : no sciconsole in java.library.path Current java.library.path is : :/opt/scilab-5.1.1/share/scilab/../../ bin:/opt/scilab-5.1.1/share/scilab/../../lib/scilab/:/opt/scilab-5.1.1/ share/scilab/../../lib/thirdparty/ " I have libsciconsole.so.5 as a symbolic link to libsciconsole.so. 5.0.1. I tried creating one more link -"libsciconsole.so" - but that gave me a whole different set of java errors. I also tried creating scilab.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig but that did not help. I am new at linux so I may be missing something. But the simple installation instructions are not working for me. I am not a linux expert. I just want to use a 64 bit os so that Scilab can access more memory than with 32-bit Windows. I'm processing video - big arrays. Any help appreciated. Thank you Barry I have Scilab 5.1.1 64-bit version running neatly using the installation instructions, but I am running on Centos 5.2. A bit off-topic: is there a particularly reason to use Centos? IMO Ubuntu and ...

Error compiling 1.9.1 on Mac OS X
When making ruby-1.9.1-p0 on Mac OS X (10.5.6), I get the following error: cc -dynamic -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o .ext/i386- darwin9/enc/trans/transdb.bundle enc/trans/transdb.o -L. -L. -L. -L/ opt/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lruby1.9 -lpthread -ldl -lobjc ld: in /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib, file is not of required architecture collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [.ext/i386-darwin9/enc/trans/transdb.bundle] Error 1 make: *** [trans] Error 2 Ideas? ...

scilab 5.1.1 still hangs when ploting graphs
I just installed 5.1.1 on a Fedora 10 system and ran my test script file. The application still hangs when plotting. The script file I used I posted in a message on 3/17/09. This time I get some error message about canvas and uicontrols on the console. -- Regards, Leland C. Scott KC8LDO Hello, Can you post several informations: Your graphic card references (as usual :-)). Have you updated the driver ? What is the complete error message ? Try to launch scilab -nw (scilab in the shell). When you plot your data, are there more informations related to the error ? YC Its an integrated Intel graphics chip set 915GV. The motherboard is an Asus PTGD-LA (Goldfish 3-GL8E) in an HP computer. I have a fully updated and current Fedora 10 (32 bit) OS loaded. No I haven't updated the driver. In fact I'm using the machine remotely, over the Internet, by running VNC through a ssh tunnel. I tried the shell command. The message I get is below: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WARING: Due to your configuration limitations, Scilab switched in a mode where mixing uicontrols and graphics is not available. Type "help usecanvas" for more information. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- After that I got a dump of data from a back trace as shown below: --------------------------...

OK to Install 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0beta?
Are there any problems installing Eudora 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0 beta? Will this pick up my current settings? -- Greg using Agent 1.93/32.576 Opera 7.50 3733 & news.individual.net for sale: Apple//,Auto Parts/Equip/Manuals: http://pages.cthome.net/geardoc36 GregChi wrote: > > Are there any problems installing Eudora 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0 beta? > Will this pick up my current settings? Provided you install it into the same folder and use the same data folder, your settings should remain. Be sure to back up your data before doing the install, just in case . . . John ...

Web resources about - Who can help us getting SciLab started? Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 - comp.soft-sys.math.scilab

Facebook Seeks Detailed Information From Users Attempting To Block Or Report Other Users
Facebook continued down the path of seeking more information when users report potentially troublesome situations, following up its dialog box ...

Texas Tribune - "I was attempting to block a bill that... - Facebook
"I was attempting to block a bill that would have harmed thousands of women across the state of Texas,” Davis said of her filibuster. “Never ...

Video of Sen. Wendy Davis Attempting to put on Back-Brace During Filibuster - YouTube
If state Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, is charged with one more violation of the filibuster rules, her attempt to talk Senate Bill 5 to death ...

Two arrested attempting to smuggle heroin into the UAE
Two of the 'most active and dangerous' drug smugglers in the UAE were arrested in April in possession of 55 kilograms of heroin by a team of ...

Mother of woman attempting to flee ISIL says she is now at 'great risk'
The family of notorious Islamic State fighter Khaled Sharrouf is seeking to return to Sydney, according to a report.

Man accused of attempting to murder Dr Michael Wong still getting psychiatric assessment
Lawyers for a man accused of attempting to murder neurosurgeon Dr Michael Wong at the Western Hospital in Footscray are waiting for psychiatric ...

Eight teenage girls arrested after attempting to rob woman in Shellharbour
Eight teenage girls have been arrested after a 19-year-old woman was threatened with a knife at a bus stop in the NSW Illawarra region.

Andrew Davidson arrested after attempting to have sex with drinks trolley
... was ever a reason to quit alcohol, it's this. A 25-year-old Scottish man has been arrested after making a complete fool of himself while attempting ...

Abbott, Attempting To Order Coffee, Declares The Boats Have Stopped.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has been at the forefront of a ruckus this morning during an incident in which Mr. Abbott was attempting to order ...

Woman dies after attempting to rescue boy from surf
A woman who tried to help a young boy after he was swept off rocks on the NSW north coast has died.