"C" programm in "Matlab" Programm

Hi,
i habe a matlab code which is looking like that "

in C:

unsigned char i, Checksum;
unsigned char Command[9]; //Set the “Command” array to the desired command Checksum = Command[0];
for(i=1; i<8; i++) Checksum+=Command[i];
 Command[8]=Checksum;
//insert checksum as last byte of the command
//Now, send it to the module

how can i convert it to matlab?

thanks for you answer

melano
0
miland17 (5)
7/26/2011 12:15:11 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Miland " <miland17@yahoo.de> wrote in message <j0mb4f$48u$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
> i habe a matlab code which is looking like that "
>
> in C:
>
> unsigned char i, Checksum;
> unsigned char Command[9]; //Set the “Command” array to the desired command Checksum = Command[0];
> for(i=1; i<8; i++) Checksum+=Command[i];
>  Command[8]=Checksum;
> //insert checksum as last byte of the command
> //Now, send it to the module
>
> how can i convert it to matlab?
>
> thanks for you answer
>
> melano

Make Command a type larger than 1 byte (e.g., uint32), add up the elements, then mod the result with 256.

James Tursa

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding""". Thanks. babakandme@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi everybody:D > > > I've a string that contains the name of a class. > > Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but > the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- > versa. > As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng > name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA > > But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a > string. > ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? > > How can I do it? > I don't want to use """HardCoding""". > Why all the triple quotes? It sounds like you are looking for the factory pattern. You can't instantiate a class by name dynamically in C++ lik...

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cyberspammer.com REJECT Connect:TLD REJECT Connect:192.168.212 REJECT would refuse mail from spammer@aol.com, any user from cyberspammer.com (or any host within the cyberspammer.com domain), any host in the entire top level domain TLD, 192.168.212.* network, >.. Hmm, for ClientConn and ClientRate it doesn't seem to be documented. The sendmail X documentation has this explanation: .... icr:10 5 Note, however, that the limits apply only to single IP addresses, they are not aggregated for nets. That is, for the example every single host in the IP net 10.x.y.z can have a maximum incoming connection rate of 5 messages per minute. -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his arti...

FORTH programmers
I've been casually following the recent thread "Renaissance of Forth". Also I'm investigating using Tcl/Tk and was referred to Clift Flynt's _Tcl/Tk - A Developer's Guide_ . In his preface classifies programmers as "prickly" or "gooey" in their development style. Abusing his classification somewhat that might be rephrased as "rigidly formal" vs "casual friday". I think some of the clashes on clf might be due to FORTH being useful to those in both camps. Mr. Flynt points out that good programmers go back and forth between the two views as circumstances dictate. On Apr 2, 3:36=A0pm, Richard Owlett <rowl...@pcnetinc.com> wrote: > I think some of the clashes on clf might be due to FORTH > being useful to those in both camps. In what sense are prickly/gooey rigid/flexible formal/casual pragmatic/ idealistic distinctions demonstrated here, and how do you see those distinctions leading to "clashes"? Care to offer a concrete example, citing two (or more) people involved in a single "clash", how you divide them into these categories, and how those distinctions lead to the "clash"? There are certainly different perspectives here that can be broken into categories like professional/hobbyist, experienced/novice, and academic/industrial. And you could go further, diving into things like preferred paradigms (procedural/functional/other), development style (structured...

New to MATLAB, would like to know difference between "mbuild" and "mex" for c++ interface
Hi I am new to using MATLAB and I need to call some functions from a MATLAB program in a standalone C++ app. I am hoping if someone can tell me what is the difference between using mbuild vs mex options ? Thanks in advance John ...

Is there a "break" "continue" equivalent in the "for" or "while" statement in SKILL?
Thank you! madhero wrote, on 07/03/08 09:42: > Thank you! Not directly, but see: http://tinyurl.com/69wte8 http://tinyurl.com/6ycdbn for two related threads in this group. Regards, Andrew. ...

"matlab"
Hi, I found a 74% OFF coupon to Learn Matlab Udemy course Couponcode: MATLAB25 https://www.udemy.com/learn-matlab/?couponCode=MATLAB25 ...

What is the difference between "Borland C++" and "Turbo C++"?

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

Definition of "shall", "should", "must", etc.
Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms like "shall" and "should" and "must"? I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. Your thoughts... "C. J. Clegg" <reply.to.newsgroup@nospam.no> wrote in message news:jbsbh19g228ne84213f8kh0uvccj5ie6sg@4ax.com... > > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > When in doubt, place an explicit statement that serves to indicate the interpretation that will be used (make certain it is not inconsistent with the customers rules and regulations) > Your thoughts... C. J. Clegg wrote: > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > > Your thoughts... oh ...the beauty of google and having worked in telecomms where this knowledge is an (unfortunate) must (no pun intended) http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section...

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

Matching "Goto" for "From"
Hello, i am a newer ,this is a problem when i learn a example, when i simulated it ,there always are warnings such as: Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iA/source' not found. Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iF/source' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Machine/FCEM/Goto' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Voltage Source/Goto' not found. Warning: Using a default value of 0.02 for maximum step size. The simulation step size will be limited to be less than this value. now, i can not sovle the problem, so i need you help , thank you ! ...

gem "before" and "after" filters?

"refreshdata" against "set"
Which one is better, "refreshdata" or "set"? Simply by looking at the code I've noticed that refreshdata does: 1) Finds all the properties of the object which end with 'DataSource' 2)Evaluates all of the relevant variables in the upper workspace 3) Does set(h,....) It looks like there is no advantage in using refreshdata, as it ultimately calls set, but does bunch of other operations. In my GUI, I've implemented polygon movement with both, and using directly "Set" is much smoother. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ...

"Ritual" is "MumboJumbo"
Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games market. Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue Marbles". http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 -- Rob Rob wrote: > Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever > get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this > bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. > > MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope > they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games > market. > > Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect > of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue > Marbles". > > http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 Oh you bastard, and RIGHT on the exact same minute as me! :) "Rob" <noemailformethx@jsjsaiiowppw.invalid> wrote in message news:5rjfr2d2dhnmjmo4k74p1kl3qrhmnnpv46@4ax.com... > > W...

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg.10308$o42.364@tornado.texas.rr.com... > In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... > this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers > to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed > first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am > getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. > > How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? > > Thanks > > ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", and "Critical" Flaw

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

=Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female")
Thanks in Advance! ... I have two textboxes: 1 is visible (and gets its value based on the invisible textbox and displays either "Male" or "Female", and needs to display either male of female based on the value that comes up in the tables record as "M" or "F". I tried: =Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female") 'the [Me] is form, [Gender] is the textbox name and this does not work. Is my syntax wrong or can I just have one box and its displayed value display "Female" if the record says "F"? Thanks! Brian When you say it doesn't work, do you mean the visible text box is empty? Or, does it display an error? Out of curiousity, why are you using two text boxes? I think it might be simpler to use a single combo box. Make its properties like so: Control Source: Gender Row Source Type: Value List Row Source: "M";"Male";"F";"Female" Column Count: 2 Column Heads: No Column Widths: 0" Bound Column: 1 This will give you a drop down list with two rows. Since the Column Count is 2, the "M" and "Male" values are the two columns for the first row and the "F" and "Female" are the two columns for the second row. Setting the Column Width to 0" means the first column will not be displayed but since it's the Bound Column, the "M" and "F" will be used as the value of...

what does "!" do here?
#define HALT __asm CLRA; __asm SWI ! {A}, {A+HX+SR}; this is from Metrowerks hidef.h to define macros for HC08 microcontroller. what does "!" do here? ...

Why did "Atilla" nymshift to "WispyGalaxy?"
More proof of how phony Linux "advocacy" really is. Ezekiel wrote: > More proof of how phony Linux "advocacy" really is. Normally, I try to keep a civil tongue in my head but Ezzie my boy, you are so full of shit it's coming out of your ears. I have never, never, never, never, never posted to this group as anything other than Attila; never have and never will. Is that clear enough for your pea-sized brain. I have no need to nym shift. Any one with an intellect larger than a sea slug could easily identify me by size and content. So crawl back into your hole and leave the grownups to carry on their discussion, moron. :) Attila, The one and only Attila Freetard from Hell (accept no substitute.) Attila wrote: > Ezekiel wrote: > >> More proof of how phony Linux "advocacy" really is. > Normally, I try to keep a civil tongue in my head but Ezzie my boy, you > are so full of shit it's coming out of your ears. I have never, never, > never, never, never posted to this group as anything other than Attila; > never have and never will. Is that clear enough for your pea-sized brain. > I have no need to nym shift. Any one with an intellect larger than a sea > slug could easily identify me by size and content. So crawl back into your > hole and leave the grownups to carry on their discussion, moron. :) > Attila, The one and only Attila Freetard from Hell > (accept no substitute.) Furthermore, I'...

"Talking" to a "busy" application
Hi, I'm trying to come up with a (universal) scheme by which a user can check the progress of a (long-) running application. You often don't want to be bothered with "progress reports" from applications that will chug along (reliably!) on some time-consuming task. For the most part, you just want it to "do its thing" without bothering you. Some applications might be designed with the ability to provide ongoing updates (e.g., "format 27% complete"). Some might only provide those when *invoked* with a particular option (e.g., FTP transfer '#' progress indicators). Some applications might chug along until poked with a stick (e.g., SIGHUP'ing a process and hoping it ejaculates something of meaning). But, these approaches aren't consistent. I'm looking for a practice that I can implement that gives the user this information when/as he needs it without "regrets" ("Crap! I forgot to specify the '-progress' flag when I started the application so now I just have to wait for it to finish...") To that end, I'm thinking about adding a 4th file descriptor to each process: stdin, stdout, stderr and stdwup (What's UP?). An applcation would (through discipline) emit status messages periodically on the stdwup file descriptor explaining what it is doing, how far along in the process it is, etc. The user could then hook (or not!) that file descriptor to view these messages. This would allo...

Does "my" vs "our" explain this problem?
Greetings! I have a script that calls a module. In the script, I define a global variable using "my" and assign it a value. In the module, I use $main::myGlobal to read the global variable, and I find that it is empty. Should I define the global variable using "our" instead? mymoduletest.pl: use MyModule; my $myGlobal = "This is a global variable."; MyModule::myMethod(); MyModule.pm: sub myMethod() { print "Global variable contains $main::myGlobal\n"; } Thanks very much! RobR CedricCicada@gmail.com wrote: > Greetings! > > I have a script that calls a module. In the script, I define a global > variable using "my" and assign it a value. That is a contradiction in terms. 'my' variables, by definition, are not global. They are lexically scoped to the innermost block in which they were declared. If there is no block, they are file-scoped. > In the module, I use > $main::myGlobal to read the global variable, and I find that it is > empty. Should I define the global variable using "our" instead? 'our' is the only way to "declare" a global variable*. You did not have a global variable. You had a lexical variable. Google for "Coping with Scoping." > mymoduletest.pl: > > use MyModule; > my $myGlobal = "This is a global variable."; No, it's not. It's a lexical variable, who's scope happens to be the entire sco...

Should I use "SERVER_NAME" or "HTTP_HOST"
After reading the site: http://shiflett.org/blog/2006/mar/server-name-versus-http-host Is that mean we should better use the 'SERVER_NAME' instead of "HTTP_HOST"? howa wrote: > After reading the site: http://shiflett.org/blog/2006/mar/server-name-versus-http-host > > Is that mean we should better use the 'SERVER_NAME' instead of > "HTTP_HOST"? Well it would depend on the context, wouldn't it? Hugh Oxford wrote: > howa wrote: > > After reading the site: http://shiflett.org/blog/2006/mar/server-name-versus-http-host > > > > Is that mean we should better use the 'SERVER_NAME' instead of > > "HTTP_HOST"? > > Well it would depend on the context, wouldn't it? I have multiple domain listening on the same IP/port. So my php need to find out which domain user is requesting for. So should I use which of them is more reliable/secure? howa wrote: > > Hugh Oxford wrote: >> howa wrote: >>> After reading the site: http://shiflett.org/blog/2006/mar/server-name-versus-http-host >>> >>> Is that mean we should better use the 'SERVER_NAME' instead of >>> "HTTP_HOST"? >> Well it would depend on the context, wouldn't it? > > I have multiple domain listening on the same IP/port. So my php need > to find out which domain user is requesting for. > So should I use which of them is more reliable/secu...

Web resources about - "C" programm in "Matlab" Programm - comp.soft-sys.matlab