.m file to .exe file conversion

Hi all,

I have converted .m file into standalone executable file using command                    "mcc -m <filename>". But when I am trying to use that executable in a system where I don't have Matlab installed, its asking for matlab runtime. Is that a compulsory one or did I do anything wrong with the conversion?

If what I did was right then how should I go from there?

When I tried to install runtime from Matlab website, it is saying that .ddl file is missing in that system.

Please help me with this...
Thank you

"malli kartheek yalamanchili" <kartheek.ym@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have converted .m file into standalone executable file using command
> "mcc -m <filename>". But when I am trying to use that executable in a
> system where I don't have Matlab installed, its asking for matlab runtime.
> Is that a compulsory one or did I do anything wrong with the conversion?
>
> If what I did was right then how should I go from there?
>
> When I tried to install runtime from Matlab website, it is saying that
> .ddl file is missing in that system.
>
> Please help me with this...

See Q3.10 in the newsgroup FAQ:

http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
6/15/2009 8:30:25 PM
"Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <h16b01$s96$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "malli kartheek yalamanchili" <kartheek.ym@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have converted .m file into standalone executable file using command
> > "mcc -m <filename>". But when I am trying to use that executable in a
> > system where I don't have Matlab installed, its asking for matlab runtime.
> > Is that a compulsory one or did I do anything wrong with the conversion?
> >
> > If what I did was right then how should I go from there?
> >
> > When I tried to install runtime from Matlab website, it is saying that
> > .ddl file is missing in that system.
> >
> > Please help me with this...
>
> See Q3.10 in the newsgroup FAQ:
>
> http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

Thank you so much steve. It helps me.
"malli kartheek yalamanchili" <kartheek.ym@gmail.com> wrote in message <h1bpk9$68i$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <h16b01$s96$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > "malli kartheek yalamanchili" <kartheek.ym@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have converted .m file into standalone executable file using command
> > > "mcc -m <filename>". But when I am trying to use that executable in a
> > > system where I don't have Matlab installed, its asking for matlab runtime.
> > > Is that a compulsory one or did I do anything wrong with the conversion?
> > >
> > > If what I did was right then how should I go from there?
> > >
> > > When I tried to install runtime from Matlab website, it is saying that
> > > .ddl file is missing in that system.
> > >
> > > Please help me with this...
> >
> > See Q3.10 in the newsgroup FAQ:
> >
> > http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
> >
> > --
> > Steve Lord
> > slord@mathworks.com
> >
> Thank you so much steve. It helps me.

Hi there (Malli, Steve, everybody else)!!

Sorry, to disagree, but actually the link doesn't help at all!
You can only get adds from that page!!! >:P

Real help is here, directly from Mathworks...
http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1600/1622.html

Or here, from some other matlab users...
http://www.onecore.net/howtocreate-standalone-executable-for-matlab-file.htm
http://technologyinterface.nmsu.edu/5_1/5_1f/5_1f.html

Nice programming. :)

Javier.