.mat is not an MS Access Table ...

Can anyone tell me how to convince MS WinXP that my .mat files are not MS Access Tables?  I've set the file association in the Windows Explorer options to Matlab, but still it insists that .mat means Access table, it refuses to display the file extension (also set to be displayed), and Outlook won't let me email .mat files to colleagues, since it's convinced that I'm attempting to mail links to a tables.

I understand that my life is better when I'm not using Windows, but that's not an option in this case.

Thanks for any help,
Bruce

"Bruce Elliott" <bruce.elliott@jhuapl.nospam.edu> wrote in message <glapih$c9h$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Can anyone tell me how to convince MS WinXP that my .mat files are not MS Access Tables?  I've set the file association in the Windows Explorer options to Matlab, but still it insists that .mat means Access table, it refuses to display the file extension (also set to be displayed), and Outlook won't let me email .mat files to colleagues, since it's convinced that I'm attempting to mail links to a tables.
>
> I understand that my life is better when I'm not using Windows, but that's not an option in this case.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Bruce

Bruce, I was looking for the same information: The solution is given in thread: 168288
Cheerio

Jeremy
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/168288
0