3d images coordinates

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hi!!

I trying to work with 3d images, and I need to calculate the physical
coordinates of a point (I know its position on the images and of
course, the camera parameters). what can I do?? how can I calculate
the global coordinates of a pixel??

please help me!!!
0
Reply radira831 (1) 4/11/2006 4:45:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Dear Radira,
One can only help if you can provide some clear information

Try to answer the following

How do you import the data in Matlab ?

Is it slices of images stacked or simply co-ordinates of points ?

What do you mean when you have the co-ordinate points are they
relative to a cartesian co-ordinate system.

Nipun
RADIRA wrote:

> hi!!
>
> I trying to work with 3d images, and I need to calculate the
> physical
> coordinates of a point (I know its position on the images and of
> course, the camera parameters). what can I do?? how can I calculate
> the global coordinates of a pixel??
>
> please help me!!!
0
Reply nipunREMOVECAPSpatel1 (44) 4/17/2006 3:28:00 AM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problem 3D imaging: making 3000 coordinates into a solid 3d image
I've got coordinates(3000 times x, y and z) of a bonepiece. I want to make it a solid bonepiece and I thought of connecting the coordinates(three at the time) wich are close together with trisurf or tetramesh. somehow, matlab doesnt find the coordinates which are closest to eachother. I tried to solve it with griddata but that doesnt work because it has a problem with seeing wich points are the top of the bone and which are the bottompoints of the bone because it searches for coordinates in x and y and it forgets z. T = csvread('tal0r.csv'); x = T(2325:3164,1); ...

convert a 2D jpg image into a 3d image and the finding the x,y and z coordinates of a place
hi, this is anjana i am doing a project to find the coordinates of place using matlab . we are using imtool to get the pixel coordinates of the image . we want to convert a 2D image into 3D and then work on it to find the coordinates of a place. On Oct 29, 9:41=A0am, "anjana achary" <anjanaach...@rediffmail.com> wrote: > hi, this is anjana i am doing a project to find the coordinates of place = using matlab . we are using imtool to get the pixel coordinates of the imag= e . we want to convert a 2D image into 3D and then work on it to find the c= oordinates of a place. ----...

Obtaining 3d coordinates of a point from its 2d image
The aim of my project is to fire a beam of laser onto a target which is supposedly a black circular cardboard(10 cm diameter) placed on a white wall of 2m x 2m at a distance of 1m from the laser. The target can be placed at any random position on the wall and laser must automatically orient itself so as to be inline with it. Both the target and the wall are assumed to be stationary. Is there any program to obtain the 3d coordinates(with respect to a reference point) of the blackspot from it's corresponding 2d image? I want the spatial orientation of the black spot with reference to the la...

how to plot 2D images in 3D coordinate system?
hi, I want to know if there are any function can be used to plot 2D images in 3D coordinate system? Hi, read this : http://newsreader.mathworks.com/WebX/.ef4132e?50@465.4f9MbAsWWG4@ J�r�me ...

Put a 2d plot and an image into a 3D coordinate system
Hello folks, I am trying to make a series of images with IDL for my simulations. After exploring the new IDL graphics system and the coyote graphics for over 3 hours, I still don't get a good concept of how to do it. So, here is a sketch of what I am after: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38390926/idl.jpg In the sketch, the simulation is basically a color-scale image of current density in the 2D simulation plane, which moves along the z-axis as the simulation goes. Can anyone help me with this, please? I really appreciate it. BTW, as a starting point for making this kind of plot, I used the...

Mapping Resized image coordinate to Original image(before resizing) coordinate
Hi, if I select a coordinate in a resized image is there anyway to find out the corresponding coordinate in the original image? ...

how to merge bifurcation points in 3D images and i wanna get 3D thermal images.
Hello, I am a beginner in matlab and I wanna to know how to merge bifurcation points in 3D thermal images. I wanna get sample 3D thermal images. On Oct 10, 9:44=A0pm, "zaw lay" <zawwa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0I am a beginner in matlab and I wanna to know how to merge bifurca= tion points in 3D thermal images. I wanna get sample 3D thermal images. ------------------------------------------------------- Well, I suppose you could use image processing and MATLAB. Other than that I have no idea, especially since you didn't post any pictures anywhere, no...

3D image to 3D array
Sir/madam, I have 3D image (generic model) after reading it I will get n*3 matrix. But in order to use interp3 if I pass this 3D image to this function it is giving error. Like V must be 3D array.What shall i do. Please give the suggestion. Jyothi Jyothi wrote: > I have 3D image (generic model) after reading it I will get > n*3 matrix. But in order to use interp3 if I pass this 3D image to this > function it is giving error. Like V must be 3D array.What shall i do. What does the n*3 matrix represent? Unconnected points that are known to b...

3D Coordinates from mouse coordinates
Hi, I'm new to this newsgroup so apologies if I inadvertently breach newsgroup protocol. My problem is that I require coordinates in OpenGL space from coordinates given by the position of the mouse cursor. The program I am writing consists of causing explosions at coordinates in OpenGL space and I am looking to create explosions when clicking with the mouse pointer. Hence why I would like OpenGL coordinates from the position of the mouse cursor. I have used the selection buffer for object selection in the past, but this does not provide sufficient accuracy for my purposes. Any suggest...

3D coordinate to 2D coordinate
I have a function with 3 variables, x1, x2, x3, and the value of the function is negative or postive. I want to show this log(x2/x1) and log(x3/x1) coordinates. Should I just set x1 = 1.0, and evaluate functions with x1 = 1.0; x2 = exp(log(x2/x1)); and x3 = exp(log(x3/x1)); ? Is this how I should go? Thank you for a help in advance. So, function values of various combinations of x1, x2, and x3 will be 0 or 1, and it will create matrix of 0's and 1's. I want to express this in x-axis as log(x2/x1) and y-axis as log(x3/x1) instead of x1 for x-axis, x2 for y-axis, and x3 for z-axis....

Convert image 2D to Image 3D
Hello, How can I get one image 3D from several image 2D ? I want to be able to feel relief in the new image... Thanks, On Mar 11, 10:02=A0am, "jackie " <jrobiquet-removet...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How can I get one image 3D from several image 2D ? > I want to be able to feel relief in the new image... > > Thanks, Is your question how to project an image onto a 3D surface? Look up 'surface' in matlab help- they explain it better than i can ;) Adam Chapman <adam.chapman@student.manchester.ac.uk> wrote in message <ff4a4c43-e672-4c...

Convert 2D image to 3D image
Hi, I have rectangular cross section image of small thicked cylinder.These profiles inside the cylinder are same of taking any cross section. I would like to have 3D image of this 2D image. How I should proceed. Please help. Gourihar gourihar@env.leeds.ac.uk ...

How to convert 2d image 3d image
ccc=(eigenvals(2)-eigenvals(3))/(eigenvals(1)); imgs(y,x,u)=ccc; (for all image) but i didnt write full code here for i=1:99 imagesc(imgs(:,:,i)); (2d image) hold on; % pause(1); end i wanna convert this 2d image into the 3d image then i can see the result in my image (ccc) because i wanna see fiber in my image and ccc value is fiber in my image .... please help me for that.... ...

Convert 3D image to 2D image
Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 10q~~~ "- -" <wai_khee@hotamil.com> wrote in message <hpnbc9$c2o$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? > 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 The 3rd dimension represents intensity in the red, green, and blue domains. In converting to 2D you will remove this information and so the image will contain only intensity information and no colour. The easiest thing you could do is take the mean inte...

relation between figure coordinates and 3D coordinates
Hi all, I'm looking a way to get the figure coordinates (xf,yf) of any point (x,y,z) of a 3D scene given the camera position, camera target, etc .... I have searched through the file exchange and this newsgroup without success. Thanks lulu ...

3d image from pixel intensity of an image
How to create a 3d image from a set of 2d images? i have tried to use the following : I=imread('moon.tif'); [x,y]=size(I); X=1:x; Y=1:y; [xx,yy]=meshgrid(Y,X); i=im2double(I); figure;mesh(xx,yy,i); colorbar figure;imshow(i).. But when i replace the image by some other image it says: Warning: size(CData) must equal size(ZData) or size(ZData)-1 for flat shading ... Biman Chandra Dey Use cat(3,....) to put all your 2D images into a 3D volumetric image. All your 2D images must be exactly the same size. ...

2D images to 3D cylindrical image
Hello, I have multiple 2D images (each image is a 127x159 matrix) that are essentially the cross-sectional views of a cylinder (so a vertical plane from the center to the edge of the cylinder) at different angles. I would like to reconstruct these 2D images into a 3D image so that I can have a 3D representation of the cylinder. Can anybody please help me with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Akin ...

conversion of 2D image into 3D image
I want to convert an image created in 2D into 3D. Is it possible? If yes then is there anybody to deveope a code for the subject? Yumnam Kirani Singh <kirani.singh@gmail.com> wrote in message <1634704.1201003842882.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>... > May be possible, but not so easy. You have to write your own function for your program. NOT possible in general. John May be possible, but not so easy. You have to write your own function for your program. In article <fn4p1a$d9h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, John D'Errico <woodchips@rochester.rr.com> wrot...

3D image analysis from 2D image
hi, i am new user of MATLAB. i need to know whether any algorithms present to predict 3D shape from a 2D image..this is regarding my project. H.manikandan wrote: > > > hi, > i am new user of MATLAB. i need to know whether any algorithms > present to predict 3D shape from a 2D image..this is regarding my > project. Yes there are. If they relate to your project or not I cant say. Provide more information and you might recieve more detailed information. HTH, Bjorn This is an open problem. Some techniques have been proposed so far. Here do you want us to give you a tutorial on...

3d imaging of 2d rgb image
Hi, I have an RGB picture from which I extract an object. I would like to place this object in 3d space while maintaining the RGB colors. I currently can place the image in 3d space by the following command: figure, h=surface('XData',[0 1; 0 1],'YData',[0 0; 1 1],'ZData',[1 1; 1 1],'CData',flipdim(img,1),'FaceColor','texturemap','EdgeColor','none'); grid on where "img" is the RGB image. I want the background to be transparent so I can place other objects at different 3d locations. I have a mask of where the ...

Convert a 2D image into a 3D image
Hello, I have an image in 2D that I need to change into a 3D image to do some simulations with it. Does anyone know how to make this image into 3D. I have thought of using rotation matrices on each point and copying this point around the object to give it volume, but that has proven worthless. Can anyone help me. I mean that depends on what you want to do with your image. Obviously, you can just replicate your data through the third plane, but you wouldn't gain any additional information by doing that. You only have data in 2D to generate 3D data you either need more data or to assume th...

Computing 3d coordinates from texture coordinates
Hi, I've got a triangle, whose texture coordinates are known. I want to calculate the 3d coordinates on of any point p that lies on the triangle, and whose uv coordinates are known. I'm considering a using barycentric coordinates under the assumption that p has the same barycentric coordinates in the UV and 3d spaces. Is this correct? Thanks, - Olumide ...

series of 2D images to 3D image
I have a MRI file in .img, and I have saved as .png, so that I will be able to open it in Matlab. And what happend was that the file, changed into a series of 2D images. And so, I need to reconstruct it to 3D. How can I do this? ...

3d device coordinates from a 3D polyline....
Hi there, This must be straightforward but I'm lost in the help system: I have am idlgrpolyline which I can rotate in a 3D view (with the trackball). I want to know the 2D coordinates of this line in the device (ie,the 2D the projection in the window). Can't figure it out. Any ideas ? Cheers George. On Friday, September 28, 2012 3:30:56 PM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote: > Hi there, > > > > This must be straightforward but I'm lost in the help system: > > > > I have am idlgrpolyline which I can rotate in a 3D view (with the track...