3d surface from 3d points

I have hand-segmented points from a CT scan,
delineating an object. 3d plot shows the slices nicely, but the mesh
and surf (after using meshgrid etc) functions interpolated across the
data set -- I want to maintain the *surface* of the data. I should be
able to display this as a tube.

I have also converted the data into a volume -- a binary volume, with
a 1 at these points, but the point set is then too sparse to generate
the surface.

Thanks

suguna

i have the same problem if any one has something please reply
thanks,
anil
S pappu wrote:

> I have hand-segmented points from a CT scan,
> delineating an object. 3d plot shows the slices nicely, but the
> mesh
> and surf (after using meshgrid etc) functions interpolated across
> the
> data set -- I want to maintain the *surface* of the data. I should
> be
> able to display this as a tube.
>
> I have also converted the data into a volume -- a binary volume,
> with
> a 1 at these points, but the point set is then too sparse to
> generate
> the surface.
>
> Thanks
>
> suguna