64 bit DLL error using loadlibrary

Hi all,

I'm using Matlab 2014a in 64 bit mode. Since I have to update some code from 32 bit to 64 bit, I have update some dll and header files as well.

Now I'm trying to use the new 64 bit ones using loadlibrary but Ive got a persistent error:
=====
Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in loadlibrary>getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration (line 497)
        compilerConfiguration=compilerConfiguration(1);  %unix machines return c and cpp compilers here

Error in loadlibrary (line 253)
    [thunk_build_fn,preprocess_command]=getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration(ccinclude,header,headername,compilerConfiguration);
=====

I've found out that this error also occurs when trying to load a 32 bit library into a 64 bit environment. However, I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem in my case.

What else could it be? Does any one have a suggestion?
Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Kees
0
Kees

"Kees de Kapper" <kees_de_kapper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Matlab 2014a in 64 bit mode. Since I have to update some code
> from 32 bit to 64 bit, I have update some dll and header files as well.
>
> Now I'm trying to use the new 64 bit ones using loadlibrary but Ive got a
> persistent error:
> =====
> Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
>
> Error in loadlibrary>getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration (line 497)
>        compilerConfiguration=compilerConfiguration(1);  %unix machines
> return c and cpp compilers here
>
> Error in loadlibrary (line 253)
>
> [thunk_build_fn,preprocess_command]=getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration(ccinclude,header,headername,compilerConfiguration);
> =====
>
> I've found out that this error also occurs when trying to load a 32 bit
> library into a 64 bit environment. However, I'm pretty sure that this is
> not the problem in my case.
>
> What else could it be? Does any one have a suggestion?

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/loadlibrary.html

"You must have a supported C compiler and Perl must be available. "

There's a link on that documentation page where you can see what C compilers
are supported.

I think the way you tell MATLAB what compiler to use with LOADLIBRARY is the
same way you tell it what compiler to use with MEX, though I'm not certain
of that.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/changing-default-compiler.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven
6/26/2014 2:03:01 PM
"Kees de Kapper" wrote in message <loh7m4$ovm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Matlab 2014a in 64 bit mode. Since I have to update some code from 32 bit to 64 bit, I have update some dll and header files as well.
>
> Now I'm trying to use the new 64 bit ones using loadlibrary but Ive got a persistent error:
> =====
> Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
>
> Error in loadlibrary>getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration (line 497)
>         compilerConfiguration=compilerConfiguration(1);  %unix machines return c and cpp compilers here
>
> Error in loadlibrary (line 253)
>     [thunk_build_fn,preprocess_command]=getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration(ccinclude,header,headername,compilerConfiguration);
> =====
>
> I've found out that this error also occurs when trying to load a 32 bit library into a 64 bit environment. However, I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem in my case.
>
> What else could it be? Does any one have a suggestion?
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Kees

hi,
Facing the same problem
Have you found any solution to it ?
0
Siddharth
3/14/2015 1:01:01 AM
"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <loh975$3v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Kees de Kapper" <kees_de_kapper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using Matlab 2014a in 64 bit mode. Since I have to update some code
> > from 32 bit to 64 bit, I have update some dll and header files as well.
> >
> > Now I'm trying to use the new 64 bit ones using loadlibrary but Ive got a
> > persistent error:
> > =====
> > Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
> >
> > Error in loadlibrary>getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration (line 497)
> >        compilerConfiguration=compilerConfiguration(1);  %unix machines
> > return c and cpp compilers here
> >
> > Error in loadlibrary (line 253)
> >
> > [thunk_build_fn,preprocess_command]=getLoadlibraryCompilerConfiguration(ccinclude,header,headername,compilerConfiguration);
> > =====
> >
> > I've found out that this error also occurs when trying to load a 32 bit
> > library into a 64 bit environment. However, I'm pretty sure that this is
> > not the problem in my case.
> >
> > What else could it be? Does any one have a suggestion?
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/loadlibrary.html
>
> "You must have a supported C compiler and Perl must be available. "
>
> There's a link on that documentation page where you can see what C compilers
> are supported.
>
> I think the way you tell MATLAB what compiler to use with LOADLIBRARY is the
> same way you tell it what compiler to use with MEX, though I'm not certain
> of that.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/changing-default-compiler.html
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Facing the same problem.
Have you found any solution ?
0
Siddharth

How to solve "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error" in MATLAB?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit
When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome these problems and run my model properly... On 3/13/2013 2:14 AM, chittaranjan pradhan wrote: > When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates >that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome >these problems and run my model properly... > I think when you get "Memory out Error" then it most likely means you need to acquire more mem...

loadlibrary error matlab 2012a 64 bit
My code uses loadlibrary function, it works fine in matlab 2011b 32 bit version with lcc32 compiler. But the same code with matlab 2012a 64 bit (my computer is 64 bit), I did mex set up to use microsoft SDK 7.1, is giving this error: Error using loadlibrary (line 419) Failed to preprocess the input file. Output from preprocessor is:cc_convert.h H:\MATLAB\Corpscon LAS\cc_convert.h(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dir.h': No such file or directory I am having a similar error. Has anyone got a solution to this problem?...

Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit? I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something? Thanks, Ian "Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h89rvh$kuc$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit? I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something? Possibly no. Bruno "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <h8a5sf$j0m$1@fred.mathw...

Using 32-bit sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? Thanks. "abdu " <abdullahe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hnb54e$2co$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit > MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) > > If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? > > Thanks. Unfortunately, it's not possible: http://www....

"LoadLibrary" of a 32 bit so with 64 bit java on a 64 bit machine
Hello, I have an x86_64 linux machine. The java installed there is Sun java for linux (64 bit version- Linux x64 Platform - Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6) I have a library (.so) which includes JNI calls. This library was compiled on a 32 bit machine and I don't have it's sources. When running a jar in the usual way, if I try "LoadLibrary" on this machine from the java code I get an error. Is there a way to run the jar in "32 bit mode" on this machine with this 64 bit java ? Which flag to the "java" command should I pass in order to achive this ? Or is...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab?
Hello, I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine. Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only. Following warning is returned: Error using class The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor. Could you tell me: - what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB? - is it possible to workaround su...

Matlab 64 bit and .dll
Will 64 bit Matlab load .dll files? Does the .dll need to be recompiled with a 64 bit compiler? thanks... Robert wrote: > Will 64 bit Matlab load .dll files? > > Does the .dll need to be recompiled with a 64 bit compiler? Yes it needs to be recompiled. Dan > > thanks... Robert wrote: > Will 64 bit Matlab load .dll files? > > Does the .dll need to be recompiled with a 64 bit compiler? Yes it needs to be recompiled. Dan > > thanks... ...

matlab 64 bits for windows 7 64 bits
Hi all, can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix size. Thanks for help "Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message news:im7mfc$j9a$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? > Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am > facing problems of memory ...

mex error on 64-bit Mac OS 10.6 (running 32 bit Matlab)
Hi, I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error: mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in tree...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio...

How well does 64-bit Matlab run on 64-bit systems
I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux or my management may require a Windows based system running under EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running 64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting. Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can be ...

Can anyone help me that How can i make the MATLAB-simulink model faster?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit).
When i am running my simulation model in MAT-Lab,it takes more time.Can anyone help me that How can i make it faster?? Initially,i kept it on "Normal Mode"...Simulation is very Slow .But,when I kept on "Accelerator Mode"....it is not working means some Error is coming. The Error is:-... "Unable to locate a Visual C/C++, Watcom, Borland, Intel, or LCC compiler. Please define one of the following environment variables: Real-Time Workshop builds with Microsoft Visual C on 64 bit windows require that the compiler be installed. At least one of these environment variab...

Web resources about - 64 bit DLL error using loadlibrary - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Dynamic-link library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(for legacy system drivers ). The file formats for DLLs are the same as for Windows EXE files — that is, Portable Executable (PE) for 32-bit ...

DSiWin32
Encapsulation of Windows file-handling routines that allows work with larger than 2GB files.

Silently Pwning Protected-Mode IE9 and Innocent Windows Applications
Binary Planting Through COM Servers This blog post sets up the stage for our Hack in the box presentation in Amsterdam on May 19 . [Update: ...

JRuby and vlcj – A Simple Full-Screen Media Player
A simple JRuby script showing how to use the vlcj library to playback video full screen on a Linux machine.

New Lab.gruppen amps on show at JHS Event
IPD Series and LUCIA amplifiers to feature at the Yorkshire show this weekend, alongside new gear from HK Audio and Lewitt.

Early Version of MiniDuke Ran on Chinese Time
A new sample of the ~20KB MiniDuke backdoor shows (in its header) a compile time of 21st of May 2012. Previously known variants show a compile ...

Alan in wonDLLand
Alan in wonDLLand - Alan's Ramblings

Ivan Fratric's Security Blog
In my previous (brief) post I was very excited to announce that ROPGuard, a system for runtime prevention of return-oriented programming attacks ...

Microsoft won't patch critical DLL loading bugs
MIcrosoft has told a researcher that it won't patch a problem that has left scores of Windows applications open to attack.

Microsoft Warns of Windows Shortcut Drive-By Attacks
Hackers could exploit the unpatched Windows shortcut vulnerability using drive-by download attacks that trigger an infection when people simply ...