64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab?

Hello,

I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine.

Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only.
Following warning is returned:

Error using class
The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor.

Could you tell me:
- what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB?
- is it possible to workaround such problems in 32-bit MATLAB?
- will it be possible to run mentioned script in 64-bit MATLAB under Windows?
0
Mateusz
2/23/2014 6:12:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 20 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

"Mateusz" wrote in message <leddln$pfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine.
>
> Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only.
> Following warning is returned:
>
> Error using class
> The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor.
>
> Could you tell me:
> - what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB?
> - is it possible to workaround such problems in 32-bit MATLAB?
> - will it be possible to run mentioned script in 64-bit MATLAB under Windows?

I'd suggest that trying to figure out a complete list of differences
might be a waste of time. After all, most differences would be
of no meaning here.

Anyway, a large part of the difference will be simply the ability
to use larger arrays, a larger address space, UNLESS the issue
is really that you need to use an up to date version.

The error message suggests that is really the issue. What
MATLAB release is your 32 bit installation?

So if it is as I suspect, that it is a release issue, there are MANY
changes between releases that MAY be pertinent, but again,
too many for an exhaustive list here and too many changes
that would be totally unimportant to you.

John
0
John
2/23/2014 7:05:06 PM
John,

thank for your response.
As I can see, mentioned script "Requires 64-bit Matlab, version 2009a".
I have 32-bit, R2012a Student version.
0
Mateusz
2/24/2014 10:59:08 AM
"Mateusz " <matandkedRMVME@gmail.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> thank for your response. As I can see, mentioned script "Requires 64-bit
> Matlab, version 2009a".
> I have 32-bit, R2012a Student version.

That error message suggests that the problem is not a version or 32/64 bit
difference, but that some file is not in the correct location. But since you
have release R2012a, most or all of the functions on this page should be
present in your installation.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/netcdf.html

Find the version of that page in your installation's documentation for a
list of exactly which of these functions are available (some may have been
introduced in release R2012b or later.) If you're using those scripts to
read in the NetCDF files, try using the functions provided in MATLAB
instead.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Matlab 64 vs 32 bit benchmarking results (on Win XP 64 bit vs Win XP 32 bit SP2)
Recently I installed a new PC with dual boot, win XP 32 bit and win XP 64 bit. On the 32 bit OS I run 32 bit matlab, on the 64 bit OS I run 64 bit matlab. MATLAB Version 7.3.0.267 (R2006b) Intel core 2 duo 6700 @ 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS I benchmarked the systems in 2 ways (average over multiple runs): 1) with a benchmark from the file exchange MATLAB Central > File Exchange > Utilities > Miscellaneous > Benchmark http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=11984&objectType=file 2) With my own benchmark (training of neural netwo...

32 bit Matlab install on 64 bit linux -- missing 32 bit libXp.so.6 library?
I'm trying to install 32 bit Matlab on 64 bit linux I have seen the Technical Solution <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-O7POO.html?1-O7POO> and some notes for fixing this problem on Fedora <http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-106502.html> However, I'm running Ubuntu 2.6.12-9-amd64-generic, and neither of these takes me all the way to a solution. I'm at the point where I can run the installer with the following: root@lanczos:/usr/local/matlab71_sv# /usr/local/install/install_unix.sh -glnx86 -t -nocp /usr/local/install/unix/install...

Matlab 32 Bit on 64 bit OS
Dear Readers I am planning to buy a 64 bit Laptop having 64 bit Windows 7 O.S. Presently I am using Matlab R2006b 32 bit version. I want to know, 1. If I can install R2006b 32 bit on the 64 bit OS and if yes, 2. Will the compiled application, using the mcc command produce a 32 bit application, which could be deployed on my clients computer having a 32 bit WINDOWS XP OS? Thanks Vihang ...

64-bit vs. 32-bit Matlab
I am wondering if 64-bit Matlab in 64-bit OS compiles faster things? Than 32-bit Matlab in 32-bit OS if the machine is the same one!!! If no... what are the advantages that 64-bit Matlab with 64-bit OS brings us??? "Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <idjev2$sp6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am wondering if 64-bit Matlab in 64-bit OS compiles faster things? Than 32-bit Matlab in 32-bit OS if the machine is the same one!!! Generally 64-bit is slower. >If no... what are the advantages that 64-bit Matlab with 64-bit OS brings ...

Difference between MATLAB 64-bit and 32-bit
Hi, I had to move to a different PC which happened to have Windows Vista 64-bit and MATLAB 64-bit rather than XP 32-bit. (MATLAB R209b in both cases.) I was surprised to see my simulation results change slightly. Does this surprise anyone else? I checked that I had moved the same model and input data files correctly but obviously it is always possible that I've done something stupid! Large parts of the model use integer or fi math and most of the floating point is single precision. Any comments greatly appreciated, Matt Hi Matt, Could you provide some code snippets ...

64 bit vs. 32 bit Matlab
Hi This is a question about 64 bit vs. 32 bit MATLAB . Question one: Is it possible to run 32 bit MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine? Are there any issues? Question two: Is a student version of 64 bit MATLAB for linux available? Please let me know, thanks, dan ...

64 bit vista, 32 bit matlab
hi can i run 32 bit matlab on 64 bit vista ? i have several pre-existing libraries of compiled mex files that do not work with 64 bit architectures, and recompilation for 64 bit will take some time since msvc++ does not directly support some of the functions that lcc does. thanks, suresh On Dec 4, 2:45=A0pm, madzientist <madzient...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi > > can i run 32 bit matlab on 64 bit vista ? i have several pre-existing > libraries of compiled mex files that do not work with 64 bit > architectures, and recompilation for 64 bit will take some time since > msvc...

32 bit compiler on Matlab 64 bit
Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? Thanks, Saba "Saba El-Hilo" <selhilo@sfu.ca> wrote in message <j7np4m$mae$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? > I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit comp...

Matlab 64 bit on 32 bit server
Right now we have Matlab R2007a running on a 32 bit Linux server, which is accessed from our 32 bit workstations. Next week we will be adding a few workstations with 64 bit CPU's, so I have a couple of questions: 1) Can I install the 64 bit version of Matlab on a 32 bit server and run it from a 64 bit workstation? If yes, 2) Can I install both 32 and 64 bit versions of Matlab on the same server, and have the license manager handle both? Or do I need two license managers running? Detailed steps would be greatly appreciated. On Apr 10, 4:22 pm, "Joachim Stahl" <s...@hotmai...

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I foun...

MatLab on 64-bit vs. 32-bit OS
Has anyone had any experience running the 64-bit beta version of MatLab in a Terminal Server environment? Any problems other than those listed in the "known issues"? We are considering a Terminal Server environment but we haven't decided to if we will go with Windows 2003 Server 32-bit or 64-bit. We would like to use more than 4 gb of RAM on the server (which means either 32-bit Enterprise Edition or 64-bit). If we use 32-bit EE with more than 4 gb of RAM on a multiple CPU server, will users be able to use more than 4 gb RAM with multiple sessions or is MatLab still restricted ...

Using 32-bit sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? Thanks. "abdu " <abdullahe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hnb54e$2co$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit > MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) > > If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? > > Thanks. Unfortunately, it's not possible: http://www....

How to tell if MATLAB is 32-bit or 64-bit ver?
Hello, I've tried running the ver command, but I can't see anything about it being 32 or 64 bit. I'm running 64-bit linux. Thanks! -Chris "Chris M." <nospam@nospam.org> writes: > Hello, > > I've tried running the ver command, but I can't see anything about it > being 32 or 64 bit. > > I'm running 64-bit linux. computer -Peter > > computer > > -Peter > That did the trick. Thanks Peter! -Chris ...

Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit? I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something? Thanks, Ian "Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h89rvh$kuc$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit? I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something? Possibly no. Bruno "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <h8a5sf$j0m$1@fred.mathw...

32-bit MATLAB on 64-bit Windows 7
I installed the 32-bit version of MATLAB on 64-bit windows 7 >> ver ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.13.0.564 (R2011b) MATLAB License Number: xxxxxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I haven't noticed anything wierd happening. I plan to upgrade to 64-bit 2012b. What are ...

Compile 32-bit Executable w/ 64-bit MATLAB
Can I create a 32-bit executable on a 64-bit platform? I see that there is the -win32 switch according to the following help section: http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/mcc.html. It states: User this option to build a 32-bit application on a 64-bit system only when the following are true: - You use the same MATLAB installation root (install_root) for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of MATLAB - You are running from a Windows command line (not a MATLAB command line) Are there any gotchas I should watch out for? ...

32 bit matlab on 64 bit machine, mex files
I have a 64 bit machine with an (older) 32 bit version of matlab installed on it. I am wondering if it is possible to execute 64-bit mex files (compiled on a 64-bit machine). It seems like this should be possible as the CPU has a 64 bit instruction set. If not, is there a way to interface with 64-bit code (e.g. compile it into a dll that the 32-bit mex function would call). "Nick" wrote in message <kj44v1$6f8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a 64 bit machine with an (older) 32 bit version of matlab installed on it. I am wondering if it is possible to execute 64...

create 32 bit mex files from 64 bit matlab?
platform: osx, intel matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no way to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. Even if I use 'mex -arch maci ', it still only creates '.mexmaci64' files. Is there a simple way around this, or do I have to keep a 32 bit version of matlab around to create the '.mexmaci' files? Regards, Sriram Sriram Swaminarayan wrote, On 10/2/2009 7:49 AM: > platform: osx, intel > matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), Augus...

Running MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit
Hello, After upgrading my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and installing MATLAB 64-bit version, I realized that Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link do not support Windows 7 64-bit. Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link are supported on Windows 7 32-bit. However, I do not have Windows 7 32-bit. A MathWorks tech support engineer suggested installing MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. However, there is no guarantee that all features in MATLAB will work. Has anyone worked with MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 64-bit? Please post your experiences. Thanks, Shyam. "Shyam" <...

32-Bit Matlab, 32-bit WinXP, 32 GB RAM
I am planning to install Windows XP 32-bit with Service Pack 2 on a new Intel dual quad-core machine with 32 GB RAM. Knowing WinXP w/SP2 can only address up to 4 GB physical RAM, what is Matlab 2007a's (32-bit) capability of addressing more RAM via Microsoft's /pae option at boot time? I'm trying to help negate the remaining 28 GB RAM from going to waste. Thanks. Scott "Scott " <scotte@ll.mit.edu> wrote in message <fi43ta$neq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am planning to install Windows XP 32-bit with Service Pack > 2 on a new Intel dual quad-core machine with 32 GB RAM. > Knowing WinXP w/SP2 can only address up to 4 GB physical > RAM, what is Matlab 2007a's (32-bit) capability of > addressing more RAM via Microsoft's /pae option at boot time? > > I'm trying to help negate the remaining 28 GB RAM from going > to waste. > > Thanks. > > Scott Scott, This is an excellent question. I've been using the /3GB switch for some time but am also interested in using the /PAE option. The question is, does Matlab link with the LargeAddressAware flag? Hopefully someone at TMW can answer this question. Scott B. On Nov 23, 2:22 am, "Scott Burnside" <n...@spam.com> wrote: > "Scott " <sco...@ll.mit.edu> wrote in message > > <fi43ta$ne...@fred.mathworks.com>... > > > I am planning to install Windows XP 32-bit with Service > Pack ...

matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision
Hi I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication difference . ??? Error using ==> svd Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. Error in ==> pinv at 29 [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.B...

matlab 64 bits for windows 7 64 bits
Hi all, can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix size. Thanks for help "Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message news:im7mfc$j9a$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? > Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am > facing problems of memory ...

Web resources about - 64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Seal script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Seal script ( simplified Chinese : 篆书 ; traditional Chinese : 篆書 ; pinyin : zhuànshū ) is an ancient style of Chinese calligraphy . It evolved ...

Profit season is not following the bear script
The December profit season has just begun, but a theme is already emerging.

Profit season is not following the bear script
The December profit season has just begun, but a theme is already emerging.

Tim Cook goes off-script describing FBI iPhone backdoor request as 'cancer'
Say what you like about Apple, one thing is for sure it is one of the most scripted and tightly-controlled companies in existence. Everything ...

Chewbacca actor to tweet original 'Star Wars' script, hints at epic news
Peter Mayhew has Twitter all aflutter, saying he'll share pages of an early draft of the first film a little at a time and then make a "big announcement." ...

Ryan Reynolds Confirms Deadpool 2 Script Is Well Underway
Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has assured fans that scriptwriting for Deadpool 2 is already [...]

ISIS Recruitment Videos Use Same Formula As Hollywood Scripts
'They have an understanding of what will produce emotions in people'

John Scott’s Hockey ‘Rocky’ Tale Nets Movie Deal: Mitch Albom To Script All-Star MVP’s Story For Mandalay ...
EXCLUSIVE : Mandalay Sports Media has acquired the feature life rights to tell the story of John Scott , a journeyman player who: was voted into ...

Dope Scenes Ben Affleck Probably Added To The Batman v Superman Script
... of the upcoming film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice , spent some time during the shooting of the film making last-minute edits to the script. ...

'The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln Says He Felt 'Sick' After Reading Season 6 Finale Script
"The Walking Dead" stars Andrew Lincoln, Lauren Cohan and Ross Marquand talked about the script for the upcoming season 6 finale.