64bit matlab for windows x64???

is this in developement? whats the eta on it being available?
0
77nice (1)

Matlab on OS X vs. Matlab on Windows
I just read on the Internet the following (admittedly outdated) benchmark comparison between Matlab running on OS X and Matlab running on Windows: http://www.mit.edu/~kimo/blog/computer/matlab.html; it seems that in 2006 Matlab used to run twice as slow on OS X rather than on Windows. Does anyone have more recent information about this? I am considering whether to use OS X or Windows, and Matlab speed is one of the important criteria that I am considering. Thanks in advance for the answers. ...

Launching non-blocking MATLAB scripts on a linux server from MATLAB on Windows
Hi all I have a linux box with MATLAB installed on it. I want to launch some MATLAB scripts on it from MATLAB on my desktop PC, but I don't want the command to block, i.e. I want the command prompt re-appear immediately, and for the command to be run asynchronously on the box. To be clear, every command I send should start a new instance of MATLAB on the linux box, and run in that. There is no communication between the two MATLABs once the command is sent. I can do this from a linux PC fine, using: a = round(clock); str = sprintf('ssh cvg-1 "nohup /opt/matlab2010a/bin/ma...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

matlab hangs when starting in cygwin on 64bit windows
MathWorks support already said this is not supported, but I think it's worth a shot here. My setup may be a little strange, but here it is: I have a sshd service set up in cygwin on a 64bit windows server 2003. I login via ssh connection. Then I run the command beblow. Strangely, it hangs. C:/PROGRA~1/MATLAB/R2007b/bin/matlab.exe -nosplash -nodesktop -nojvm What's even stranger is that this does not happen if I run it in cygwin if I use Remote Desktop to connect; nor does it happen if I do exactly the same thing on 32bit windows machine ...

Cannot uninstall Matlab on Windows XP x64 Pro
Hi all, I have installed Matlab 7.0.4 SP2 onto a machine with windows xp x64. And I have just tried to uninstall it, I've got a pop up box saying: "There are no products to uninstall". Does anyone have a similar experience? Cheers, Jonathan Hi Jonathan, There is a data file that contains detailed information on the installation. If the installer fails to create this file, the uninstaller will not be able to accurately uninstall because it has no information about which files belong to which products, etc., so you will get this message. You can just delete the directory ...

matlab r2011b windows 7 64bit installation error
Hi Everybody, I'm trying to install matlab R2011b into my new laptop with windows 7 64 bit but I'm getting this error: Error window title: "Installer error" Error: "Exception calling main." I've already checked and the installer is able to reach my temp folder and the installation folder is on C:\ Any idea? Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Tiarfin "Tiarfin " <tiarfin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jkf331$hrn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi Everybody, > I'm trying to install matlab R2011b into my new...

MATLAB Symbolic Math Toolbox for 64bit Windows OS
Hi, I have an Windows 64 bit OS and the symbolic math toolbox does not run in this version. Does any one know any method to make it run. I need it badly. Thanks, "Srinath " <bnath111@gmail.com> wrote in message <h7sgja$fff$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have an Windows 64 bit OS and the symbolic math toolbox does not run in this version. > > Does any one know any method to make it run. I need it badly. > > Thanks, it should work with the latest release r2009b ...

Matlab 2007b Database Toolbox with Windows Vista x64
Hello, I am running Matlab 2007b with the Database toolbox and Microsoft Access 2007. Now, I want to set up data sources for use with ODBC drivers. When I repeat the procedure detailed in the Database Toolbox manual (p 1-10 to 1-13) I am stuck on step 5: "select MS Access Databases as the ODBC driver for the data sources to use". I've googled the problem and found this sugegstion to run c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe (see post here http://tinyurl.com/2v9otc) This seems to work. However, Matlab doesn't seem to recognize the 64 bit odbcad32.exe and nothing seems to chang...

matlab 7.10 installation on windows 7 x64
hi! all, i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. the installation completed 95% with est. 5 minutes to go, but the installation hung forever. there was no error message, the installation screen was just sitting there. i let it ran over night but didn't complete either. can somebody help! thanx in advance irina "Ed " <irinakuz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hns106$gr0$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi! all, > > i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. > the installation comp...

A Matlab (Windows 64bits) to Java (Linux 32bits) converter
Hi everybody, I am faced to a problem I am trying to solve for one week at full time. :-( I have a Matlab program without input argument. I have written it in a windows 64bits Matlab. I now need to translate this code into a java (Eclipse) source that will be used from a maximum 512MB Ram device. I cannot use the Matlab Builder JA because the MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR) needs at least 1GB Ram. I desperatly trying to find a solution, in vain! Nobody could help me? Is my problem clear enough? "lala " <thib712@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jjvlnh$7k3$1@newscl01ah....

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

How to run Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP x64 Edition
Although I use Matlab 2009 in my Windows XP 64 bit machine, I need to run an old code in Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP 64bit. How can I run Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP 64 bit? Is there an easy way for that? ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

calling window programs from matlab command window
How do you call windows programs without activex support. To run Paint, you can go to start->run->mspaint.exe and it will come up. Is there any way to do this in the matlab command window? Danny Milligan: <SNIP wants to abuse ML... > How do you call windows programs without activex support... some hints: % the executable (they all do the same) !mspaint system('mspaint'); dos(['c:\program files\microsoft office\',... 'office10\winword.exe']); % ...works on wintel boxes as well! unix(['c:\program files\microsoft office\...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Matlab f.Windows on Intel-Macs with Windows on BootCamp?
Hello! I'd like to know, if anybody has an idea if the Windows-Version of Matlab would run on an Intel based Mac when using a Windows Partion created via BootCamp. Does it run? Benchmark-test? Any problems encountered? I'd be glad for any hints to this topic! Have a nice day! Matthias Geissbuehler runs without problem, speed (after running bench) is comparable to my Dual 2Ghz G5 running Matlab under OS X, I don't have the numbers here. But I remember a posting from someone on that in another thread ... but I would be happier with a universal binary... In article <ef313ae.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "Matthias Geissbuehler" <mat@elzartsRMVTHI.Sch> wrote: > Hello! > > I'd like to know, if anybody has an idea if the Windows-Version of > Matlab would run on an Intel based Mac when using a Windows Partion > created via BootCamp. Does it run? Benchmark-test? Any problems > encountered? > > I'd be glad for any hints to this topic! > > Have a nice day! > > Matthias Geissbuehler It runs just fine. I don't have the benchmarks handy, but there was only one machine in the test set that was faster. -- AF ...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Web resources about - 64bit matlab for windows x64??? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Windows Blog

Game Fire 5 gets Windows 10 support, new optimization engine
... PC Utilities has shipped Game Fire 5, the latest edition of its PC gaming performance booster. This release brings official support for Windows ...

Why does Windows still exist when the 22″ ChromeBase All-in-One is just $299?
Microsoft's Windows platform had a good run, but at this point it may very well have overstayed its welcome. The company did a great job of recovering ...

Microsoft's latest Windows 10 build fixes bugs but adds some of its own
Microsoft pushed out some fresh software to people who are beta-testing the latest versions of Windows 10 on Friday, starting the weekend off ...

Microsoft readies a universal Skype app for Windows 10
Microsoft is developing a new version of Skype that works across all Windows 10 devices, including desktop PCs, tablets and smartphones. At the ...

Docker Goes Native for Windows and Mac
Docker Inc. moves away from relying on VirtualBox to take an operating system approach for containers, embracing Apple Xhyve and Microsoft Hyper-V. ...

Mother shoots intruder who entered south side home through baby’s window
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 24, 2016) – A homeowner shot an intruder who tried to break into her Indianapolis home Thursday afternoon. According ...

New Camera Tech Snaps Reflection-Free Photos Through Windows
Taking photos through windows is annoying because light bounces off it and ruins the picture. But scientists at MIT just developed new technology ...