A Matlab (Windows 64bits) to Java (Linux 32bits) converter

Hi everybody,

I am faced to a problem I am trying to solve for one week at full time. :-(
I have a Matlab program without input argument.
I have written it in a windows 64bits Matlab.
I now need to translate this code into a java (Eclipse) source that will be used from a maximum 512MB Ram device. I cannot use the Matlab Builder JA because the MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR) needs at least 1GB Ram. I desperatly trying to find a solution, in vain!
0
thib712 (2)

Nobody could help me?
Is my problem clear enough?

"lala " <thib712@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jjvlnh$7k3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am faced to a problem I am trying to solve for one week at full time. :-(
> I have a Matlab program without input argument.
> I have written it in a windows 64bits Matlab.
> I now need to translate this code into a java (Eclipse) source that will be used from a maximum 512MB Ram device. I cannot use the Matlab Builder JA because the MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR) needs at least 1GB Ram. I desperatly trying to find a solution, in vain!
0
thib712 (2)

64bit matlab for windows x64???
64bit matlab for windows x64??? is this in developement? whats the eta on it being available? ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

matlab r2011b windows 7 64bit installation error
Hi Everybody, I'm trying to install matlab R2011b into my new laptop with windows 7 64 bit but I'm getting this error: Error window title: "Installer error" Error: "Exception calling main." I've already checked and the installer is able to reach my temp folder and the installation folder is on C:\ Any idea? Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Tiarfin "Tiarfin " <tiarfin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jkf331$hrn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi Everybody, > I'm trying to install matlab R2011b into my new laptop with windows 7 64 > bit but I'm getting this error: > > Error window title: "Installer error" > Error: "Exception calling main." > > I've already checked and the installer is able to reach my temp folder and > the installation folder is on C:\ > > Any idea? Please contact Technical Support for help with this installation issue. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

how to disable Java or JVM on Matlab R14 on Windows? Or is it really the reason for the slowness?
Hi, If Matlab idles overnight and then I open a .m file, it sometimes takes very long (~15 sec) until Matlab really responds. I will see the harddrive reading like crazy. I suppose it is because JVM, which takes up a lot of memory? Is there a way to disable it and make Matlab "lighter"? Thanks bahoo "bahoo" <b83503104@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1174689288.091038.80720@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > If Matlab idles overnight and then I open a .m file, it sometimes > takes very long (~15 sec) until Matlab really responds. I will see the > harddrive reading like crazy. > > I suppose it is because JVM, which takes up a lot of memory? > > Is there a way to disable it and make Matlab "lighter"? > > Thanks > bahoo > On my PC it is worst. You must have a faster PC. I noticed since Matlab started sneeking Java into it, which I think started few years ago, that Matlab UI has became slower in response. I also noticed that when I leave Matlab open but not being used for few hours, then come back to use it, it does take long time to respond as well. Sometimes 30 seconds. Many times also when I enter a command, it does not respond, and have to hit RETURN again to wake it up. I wish Mathworks would remove all traces of Java from Matlab. Nasser On 2007-03-23, bahoo <b83503104@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > If Matlab idles overnight and then I open a .m file, it someti...

Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows
I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of Matlab. How may I resolve this dilemma ? Appreciatively, C.Thomas "Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.05.18.13.50.51.891670@joimail.com... >I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the > bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the > necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. > > In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of > Matlab. > > How may I resolve this dilemma ? The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which does require a passcode or a license file. Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB 6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to install the Student Version. As long as you follow the instructions in that chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB, it should work. There is one issue that you may run into if your machine has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how to avoid this issue. http://www.mathwo...

Matlab no Java Machine
Do you know how to forbid Java Machine in Matlab? I use PC not Unix. Thanks. Hi, start MATLAB with the -nojvm flag http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f8-4994.html J�r�me ...

Convertion from Matlab to C++
Hi, My question is it possible to convert matlab code to C++? If yes, how we can convert matlab code and files to C++? Thank you very much. On 5/23/2012 3:09 AM, Fatiha wrote: > Hi, > My question is it possible to convert matlab code to C++? If yes, > how we can convert matlab code and files to C++? > Thank you very much. matlab coder http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-coder/ ...

Java Objects in Matlab
All, I understand from Matlab docs that Java objects in Matlab are reference assignments. For example: myDate = java.util.Date; setHours(myDate, 10) newDate = myDate; setHours(newDate, 8) Then myDate.getHours will return: 8 What I don't understand is why then, if I clear myDate, As in the following: myDate = java.util.Date; setHours(myDate, 10); newDate = myDate; setHours(newDate, 8); myDate.getHours; mydate = []; newDate newDate still exists. If it's a reference, shouldn't it be gone. Or is it? Run this and you will see : newDate = Thu Mar 25 08:03:22 EDT 2010 Any help is appreciated JoeyB <joseph.burgel@gm.com> wrote in message <c62f69aa-56a8-4569-8f0f-e8e356490617@h18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>... > All, > > I understand from Matlab docs that Java objects in Matlab are > reference assignments. For example: > > myDate = java.util.Date; > setHours(myDate, 10) > newDate = myDate; > setHours(newDate, 8) > > Then > myDate.getHours > will return: 8 > > What I don't understand is why then, if I clear myDate, As in the > following: > > myDate = java.util.Date; > setHours(myDate, 10); > newDate = myDate; > setHours(newDate, 8); > myDate.getHours; > mydate = []; > newDate > > newDate still exists. If it's a reference, shouldn't it be gone. Or is > it? Run this and you will see : > > ...

Getting the dimensions of the bounding rectangle of the specified Windows XP window in screen coordinates in MATLAB
I'm trying to write a MATLAB function to find the position in screen coordinates of an arbitrary window (not just a MATLAB window). The code only needs to work in the current version of MATLAB and on Windows XP. I know I could write a MEX-file or shell out to another program, but I want to do this all with MATLAB code. It should be possible to use the [MATLAB Interface to Shared Libraries][1] to hook into the [GetWindowRect][2] Windows API function. Sadly, [loadlibrary][3] doesn't seem to be able to parse user32.dll, even when I give it user32.h, so I'm forced to write my own prototype file. I can successfully use FindWindowA to get the window handle, but I can't seem to get the signature right for GetWindowRect. My best attempt follows. Sadly it throws a segmentation violation. function x = getWindowRect(name) libName = 'getWindowRect'; if libisloaded(libName) unloadlibrary(libName) end loadlibrary('user32.dll',@userproto,'alias',libName); h = calllib(libName,'FindWindowA',[],name); x = calllib(libName,'GetWindowRect',h); %========================================= function [fcns,structs,enuminfo,ThunkLibName] = userproto fcns=[]; structs=[]; enuminfo=[]; fcns.alias={}; ThunkLibName=[]; % HWND [ gle ] FindWindowA ( LPCSTR lpClassName , LPCSTR lpWindowName ); fcns.name{1} = 'FindWindowA'; fcns.calltype...

Need help for a matlab mini project

integrating java and matlab #2
hi, i'm implementing a neural network, but i'm new to matlab. Currently i have implemented the gui in java and i want to integrate it with matlab to add the neural network functionalities. i have been using matlabcontrol for integrating matlab with java. Has anyone used matlabcontrol for implementing a neural network and is it successful?? are there any other mechanisms you have used? thank you very much for your kind attention Pubudu, You are on the right track... There are other options such as JNI... You can search for it in the forum here... Good Luck! Ed. ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

converting .bmp into .mat in MatLab
Hi all of you! So my question is can somebody help me to convert a .bmp file into .mat file. Cause I need to use a certain picture like a input in MatLab. Hi Irina Look at online documentaion of IMREAD for *.bmp file. You will be abble to store your bmp image from disk file in a matrix and save it in workspace. C.Ret "Irina" <karaira@ABV.BG> wrote in news:26117424.1148664100808.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > Hi all of you! > > > So my question is can somebody help me to convert a .bmp file into .mat file. Cause I need to use a certain picture like a input in MatLab. ...

console window with matlab gui
Hello, I am making a gui using matlab and in that i need to add a console window. I searched the help option but couldn't get any relevant solution.Can this be done using matlab, if yes then how can it be done Thank you Vidit ...

how to execute linux commands in matlab
Hello Can anyone tell me how to execute linux commands from within matlab? I do not know how it is in Linux, but in Windows before every command we must put: "!". Ex.: !notepad !sysedit .... On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:30:45 -0400, JB wrote: > Hello > > Can anyone tell me how to execute linux commands from within matlab? help system help unix Dan Dan Hensley wrote: > > > On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:30:45 -0400, JB wrote: > >> Hello >> >> Can anyone tell me how to execute linux commands from within > matlab? > > help system > help unix > > Dan > > Ok, thanks;) JB <jambj@webspeed.dk> wrote in message <ef381a9.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>... > Hello > > Can anyone tell me how to execute linux commands from within matlab? Two ways. E.g. for ls s = system('ls') or !ls details are here: http://blogs.mathworks.com/community/2010/05/17/calling-shell-commands-from-matlab/ ...

Running java code in Matlab
class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in Matlab ? Thank you ! "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ije0hs$s5b$1@fred.mathworks.com... > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f44062.html > Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in > Matlab ? It depends on the function. If the function is implemented as a MATLAB function file (with the .m extension) or as a MEX-file for which we provide the source code, yes. If not, no. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com > "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:ije0hs$s5b$1@fred.mathworks.com... > > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { > > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } > > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! > > http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc...

browser MATLAB integration (linux)
After upgrade on (K)Ubuntu 12.04 I have got the strange behavior of the web browser integration with MATLAB similar to http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/317369#868175. But the main problem is, that MATLAB is not able to open www pages in external browser anymore. Michal ...

Interpolation with JAVA like MATLAB
Hello! I'm programming an Applet in JAVA and I need a method/class/library tha makes Interpolation like function "interp" in MatLab. My trouble is easy, I have a data vector with 320 samples and I must t convert it in a data vector with 320*16 samples using Interpolation of th originals samples. Any Idea? Somebody know this method/class/library ? Thanks to help me, i really need it. Carlos Vargas fositin@hotmail.com I have an ingenious idea: look on Java's website! >Hello! > >I'm programming an Applet in JAVA and I need a method/class/library that >makes Interpolation like function "interp" in MatLab. >My trouble is easy, I have a data vector with 320 samples and I must to >convert it in a data vector with 320*16 samples using Interpolation o the >originals samples. > >Any Idea? Somebody know this method/class/library ? >Thanks to help me, i really need it. > Sometimes it might be faster to just write the code instead of searching the internet. Or at least just look for code written in any language and translate it. (if you know java I suppose you would be able to read C/C++ or pascal) In Numerical Recipes http://www.nr.com you find C++ code for different interpolation methods. gr. Anton anton, What you said is certainly correct. But in this case the 2 seconds it takes to enter the search string "jave interpolation" into to google will be much faster. The second hit: http://java.sun.com/p...

Executing Matlab commands from Java
Hello, I would like to execute some Matlab commands from Java without opening Matlab. So i would like Java to call the functions and get the results. I tried the MatlabControl but it opens Matlab when I run which is not what I want. Any idea how to do this? Thanks! "sarah " <sarah.db67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:joc64q$o1q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I would like to execute some Matlab commands from Java without opening > Matlab. So i would like Java to call the functions and get the results. I > tried the MatlabControl but it opens Matlab when I run which is not what I > want. > > Any idea how to do this? http://www.mathworks.com/products/javabuilder/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com Or open-source http://code.google.com/p/matlabcontrol/ ...

Java error Matlab r2011a
Hello everybody, I am using Matlab r2011a and I have an error when I try to set Matlab parameters. It seems to be Java which generate this problem : Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.XPStyle.getTypeEnumName(Unknown Source) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.XPStyle.getBorder(Unknown Source) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel$XPBorderValue.getXPValue(Unknown Source) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel$XPValue.createValue(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getFromHashtable(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.UIDefaults.get(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.get(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getBorder(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.UIManager.getBorder(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.getBorder(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.getBorderInsets(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.getBorderInsets(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.getInsets(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mwswing.MGridLayout.calcLayoutSize(MGridLayout.java:502) at com.mathworks.mwswing.MGridLayout.preferredLayoutSize(MGridLayout.java:519) at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mwswing.MGridLayout.calcLayoutSize(MGridLayout.java:447)...

Web resources about - A Matlab (Windows 64bits) to Java (Linux 32bits) converter - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Coupon-eligible converter box - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In March 2005, United States House Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton of Texas said he would introduce a bill requiring the transition to ...

InstaWeb: Web to PDF Converter, Article Reader on the App Store on iTunes
Get InstaWeb: Web to PDF Converter, Article Reader on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Cash Converters turns to debit cards for payday loans
Cash Converters is turning to eftpos cards for its cash advances.

Freemake Video Converter gains drag and drop support
Freemake Video Converter is a great media conversion tool with a pile of features, and just one small but annoying omission. No drag and drop ...

Amazon deal: Converter turns seven types of film into digital
... old film school projects from back in the day, but you don't have a film projector. The solution is simple: You should get a digital film converter ...

New catalytic converter could fix US cars: VW CEO
Volkswagen will propose to U.S. authorities a new catalytic converter system that could be fitted to about 430,000 cars.

VW wants to fix emissions cheating with catalytic converters
Volkswagen has already promised to recall US vehicles caught up in its emissions cheating scandal, but how is it actually going to fix most of ...

VW hopes catalytic converter can fix cars
German carmaker has devised tool that will make vehicles compliant with US clean air rules

GeekWire Deals: Charge your phone off your one-port MacBook with this little converter
The newest iteration of the MacBook is a glorious thing. It’s thin, light and has a great screen. But its single USB-C port is a bit of a letdown ...

Dos2Unix Text file format converters
Win32-OpenSSH - Win32 port of OpenSSH