A question about C+Matlab, thanks

Dear all,

I have used C to write a MEX file, the program is attached at the end of this message. The question is that when I use this program to read an image, the pixel data are not same to when I use Matlab to read the same image. For example, when I read the first 16 lines and first 16 columns in Matlab, all the pixel values are 0. However, then I read the same image block in C, some pixel values are 255.

Can somebody help me with this? Thank you very much.

void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[])
{
	double *imageData, pixelData;
	int hei, len, blockSize, dBlockSize;
	int i, j, i0, j0;
	int rs, cs;
        FILE *fp;
	imageData  = mxGetPr(prhs[0]);
	hei        = mxGetM(prhs[0]);
	len        = mxGetN(prhs[0]);
	blockSize  = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]);
	dBlockSize = blockSize / 4;
        if ((fp = fopen("C:\\test_MEX", "wb") == NULL)
              printf("Open test text file error!\n");
//	plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(hei, len, mxREAL);
//	SPM     = mxGetPr(plhs[0]);

	for (i=blockSize/2; i<hei-blockSize/2; i+=dBlockSize)
	{
		for (j=blockSize/2; j<len-blockSize/2; j+=dBlockSize)
		{
			i0 = i-blockSize/2;
			j0 = j-blockSize/2;
			for (rs=0; rs<blockSize; rs++)
			{
				for (cs=0; cs<blockSize; cs++)
				{
					pixelData = imageData[(i0+rs)*len + j0+cs];
					fprintf(fp, "%4.1f ", pixelData);
				}
				fprintf(fp, "\n");
			}
			fprintf(fp, "\n");
		}
		fprintf(fp, "\n"); fprintf(fp, "\n");
	}
	fprintf(fp, "\n");
	fclose(fp);
}

The mex code indicates that you assume the image is of double class. If the input image is not double then the mex will read garbage data.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
3/28/2012 11:59:14 AM
Thanks Bruno. However, I have convert the image into double, and then read them in MEX and matlab, respectively. However, the results were not same. I used different images and got the same situation :(.

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <jkuuei$4fj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> The mex code indicates that you assume the image is of double class. If the input image is not double then the mex will read garbage data.
>
> Bruno
You seems also to mix the arrangement in memory: Matlab assumes data arranged in column-varying first.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
3/28/2012 12:12:14 PM
Thanks a lot Bruno. I also guess the problem would come from data arrangement. I will try to figure it out.

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <jkuv6u$6u1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> You seems also to mix the arrangement in memory: Matlab assumes data arranged in column-varying first.
>
> Bruno

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

matlab and c#
hello, can anyone tell me how to connect between matlab and c#? is it using COM? or how? and it is done in c# or matlab or both? can anybody help me pls Thanx, Victor Search for "c sharp" on the MathWorks support page. Stuart "victor hugo" <dvictor_hugo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eee4ca3.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > hello, > > can anyone tell me how to connect between matlab and c#? is it using > COM? or how? and it is done in c# or matlab or both? > > can anybody help me pls > > Thanx, > > Victor ...

US-MA-Natick: Developer, C++, C, XML, Java, MATLAB, Simulink, CAD tools; C-P (45307257608)
US-MA-Natick: Developer, C++, C, XML, Java, MATLAB, Simulink, CAD tools; C-P (45307257608) ========================================================================================== Position: Developer Reference: SMC01487 Location: Natick MA Duration: C-P Skills: 3+yrs of software engineering with strong C++, C, XML, and Java programming skills. Experience with MATLAB and Simulink. Knowledge in simulation algorithms and engineering systems. Experience with engineering simulation and CAD tools Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45307257608. ...

QR Decomp RLS
Hello, Anyone know where I might find this? Michael. Hi Michael Simon Haykins Book "Adaptive Filter Theory" comes with qrdrls matlab code on the CD. regards alain M. Wirtzfeld wrote: > Hello, > > Anyone know where I might find this? > > > Michael. > > ...

QR Decomp RLS
Hello, Anyone know where I might find this? Michael. ...

Exporting data from C++ to Matlab --> using pointers in c++ instead of...
If i have: //option 1 - it doesn't work float *nou; nou = (float *) calloc(50, sizeof(float)); //option 2 - it works float nou[15]; How can I send "nou" to Matlab if it's a pointer (option 1)??? - option 2 works with the code: I'm using this code: mxArray *TxNou = NULL; TxNou = mxCreateNumericMatrix(1, 15, mxSINGLE_CLASS, mxREAL); memcpy((void *)mxGetPr(TxNou), (void *)nou, sizeof(nou)); matlab.PutVariable("TxNou", TxNou); matlab.EvalString("plot(TxNou);"); I don't know what changes I have to do in the code - i've tried a lot of things... i don't find the error! Thanks for your advice, Oscar Oscar Esteve wrote: > If i have: > //option 1 - it doesn't work > float *nou; > nou = (float *) calloc(50, sizeof(float)); > //option 2 - it works > float nou[15]; > > How can I send "nou" to Matlab if it's a pointer (option 1)??? - > option 2 works with the code: > > I'm using this code: > mxArray *TxNou = NULL; > TxNou = mxCreateNumericMatrix(1, 15, mxSINGLE_CLASS, mxREAL); > memcpy((void *)mxGetPr(TxNou), (void *)nou, sizeof(nou)); Why not use mxGetData and avoid the cast? in option 1: sizeof(nou) = sizeof(float *) = 4 on 32 bit, 8 on 64bit. In option 2: sizeof(nou) = 15*sizeof(float) = 15*4 = 60 > matlab.PutVariable("TxNou", TxNou); > matlab.EvalString("plot(TxNou);"); > > I don'...

matlab Question #12
Implement the statistical edge detection filter [1] (attached) in MATLAB and choose a 7×7 mask and implement the F and T tests. Then present a range of images to the filter and display the filtered images. Histogram equalization should be applied to the implementation. Different masks should be use to compare the outcome. • Implement non-maximal suppression in the edge detection to sharpen up the edge. • Implement a different size of mask and also compare the performance of this algorithm with the Canny edge detector on the same images, drawing conclusions about their relative performance on noisy, clean, textured and cluttered images. A A 0 B B A A 0 B B A A P B B A A 0 B B A A 0 B B Figure.1: 135o mask 0 B B B B A 0 B B B A A P B B A A A 0 B A A A A 0 figure.2: 135o mask Figures 1and 2 are examples of a 90o 135o masks, where the two regions for each masks are denoted by A and B, the pixel of interest is denoted by P and the 0’s denoting the separating line between the two masks (these pixels are ignored during the calculations). You should generate other masks for 0o, 45o etc. Once you have generated these masks within MATLAB, you need to scan the masks through the image and read the pixels by its two areas and then calculate statistical parameters (standard deviations and variations) of regions A and B using the var ( ) function in MATLAB. The next step will be implementing ...

MATLAB /SIMULINK question
I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz. I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in units of Hz On 22 Mar, 08:03, "Bryan" <s...@xilinx.com> wrote: > I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink > its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz. > > I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq > but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in > units of Hz Seems to me that the sampling frequency hasn't been set? If you don't set it yurself, a good implementation of an analyzer will use a default value instead. Fs = 1 Hz is a natural choise for such a default value. Rune ...

matlab output question
Hi, I have a matlab question: Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format: "190" r2pos "219" "193" r2pos "220" "202" r2pos "203" "205" r2pos "216" "207" r2pos "226" "229" r2pos "230" "236" r2pos "237" The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body know how to do this? Thanks. Jane Hi, try this : x=190; y=219; fprintf('"%d" r2pos "%d"',x,y) J�r�me Thus spake <Jane>: > Hi, > I have a matlab question: > Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format: > > "190" r2pos "219" > "193" r2pos "220" > "202" r2pos "203" > "205" r2pos "216" > "207" r2pos "226" > "229" r2pos "230" > "236" r2pos "237" > The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I > use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body > know how to do this? > > Thanks. > Jane Try: tmpl=['"' '%d' '"' ' r2pos "' '%d' '"\n' ]; fprintf(tmpl,[x; y]) /PB -- A: Because it messes up the ord...

Convertion from Matlab to C++
Hi, My question is it possible to convert matlab code to C++? If yes, how we can convert matlab code and files to C++? Thank you very much. On 5/23/2012 3:09 AM, Fatiha wrote: > Hi, > My question is it possible to convert matlab code to C++? If yes, > how we can convert matlab code and files to C++? > Thank you very much. matlab coder http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-coder/ ...

a question about fft in matlab
hello guys, This may be a simple question for some of you but I am confused and will really appreciate your help. I have a semi circular 1D signal (assuming all values outside the circular diameter are 0). I want to recover the width of the signal from the Fourier transform of the signal by looking at the zero crossing. I create the signal as follows: radius = 20; icenter = 100; length = 200; x = linspace(-icenter/2, icenter/2, length); for i = 1:length f(i) = 2*sqrt(r^2 - x(i)^2); end So, I get a semi-circular signal f( ). Now, I do a FFT of f( ) F = fft(f); My question is how can I use the first zero crossing of F and recover the "value of the radius" of the original circular signal? secondly, Is there any way by which I can calculate the zero crossing of F (above) automatically in matlab? The FFT has the form (2 * pi * JI (w * radius))/ (w * radius). thank you in advance. On 3 Mar 2006 19:44:02 -0800, "nic@gmail.com" <singhnic@gmail.com> wrote: >hello guys, > >This may be a simple question for some of you but I am confused and >will really appreciate your help. > (snipped) >The FFT has the form (2 * pi * JI (w * radius))/ (w * radius). > >thank you in advance. Hi, what does the "JI" mean in your above FFT expression? You said you "want to recover the width of the signal from the Fourier transform". Wouldn't it be easier to measure the width of your 1D signal (the diameter...

Linking C++ with Matlab
Hi, I have two sensors, a pressure sensor and a k-type thermocouple. I'm trying to read them into Matlab so that I can create a stripchart and do some analysis. My plan is to obtain the data using a 'Measurement Computing USB-1208LS'. This instrument comes with some data aquisition software written in C. I'm currently trying to write a C++ project in Visual C++ 2010 Express that allows me to grab the data in Matlab, using the tutorial I downloaded from www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~dip/lecture/C++_with_Matlab.pdf as a guide, although this is for an earlier version of Visual Studio. I got the basic structure to compile, but as soon as I tried using any of the mex functions it would no longer compile and I get the following error message mexFunction.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxCreateDoubleScalar referenced in function _mexFunction I assume that means that it can't 'see' the mex libraries, but I can't work out why. Up until a week ago I knew nothing about c++, so I'm currently on a very steep learning curve. Are there any obvious things I should be looking for? Would anyone be willing to look over my code and check my settings if I were to email them the project? Many thanks Jane "Jane T" wrote in message <joed5a$g92$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have two sensors, a pressure sensor and a k-type thermocouple. I'm trying to read them into Matlab so that I...

Matlab and C++ in LABVIEW
dear all! Plz help me out that how can i implement Matlab code in LABVIEW.i am using matlab 7.0 and LABVIEW 7.1. is there any method so that i dont have to change the Matlab code and it runs in LABVIEW. secondly can i run a C++ code in formula node exactly as it&nbsp;runs in C++ compiler thnx for ur time Manzoor manzoor, In version 7 and 7.1, LabVIEW have the "MATLAB Script Node" that allows you to run m-scripts from within LabVIEW. Since you have communication between both products, minimal change (if any) is necessary, but you have to have both produts installed on the same machine for this interface to work. In LabVIEW 8.20,&nbsp;NI introduced the Mathscript node and this requirement is not necessary. Please look into this site: <a href="http://www.ni.com/labview/mathscript.htm" target="_blank">http://www.ni.com/labview/mathscript.htm</a>&nbsp;to learn more about mathscript node. In the formula node, you can use C-like convension to develop your equations. However, you can't use object-oriented programming in there. So, you need to remove the objects from the formula and use stricted types. You should be able to obtain more information in the help of the Formula Node. Hope this helps. ...

US-TX-Austin: Signal Processing Eng., C/C++, Matlab, Verilog, algorithm devel.; (45345932412)
US-TX-Austin: Signal Processing Eng., C/C++, Matlab, Verilog, algorithm devel.; (45345932412) ============================================================================================= Position: Signal Processing Eng. Reference: SMC01894 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: 6 years of total industry experience or greater An in-depth knowledge of signal processing algorithm development A solid understanding of C/C++ and Matlab A solid understanding of Verilog or similar language Prior experience in a communications or related IC development environment Knowledgeable with standard IC design tool flows Wireless LAN or OFDM algorithm experience Excellent communication skills Scope: Signal processing design engineer. Activities include algorithm development and implementation in both RTL and firmware for wireless communications ASICs. Responsibilities: Actively participating in the definition and implementation of communication ASICs Algorithm design Implementation and debug Methodology definition Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45345932412. ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Matlab legend with subplot question
Hello! I have a plot of 2x3 subplots. I need to get the legend from the second subplot (which pertains to the entire plot) above it, so it would actually be a 3x3 subplot space: L SSS SSS s = subplot, L = legend Thanks very much! On 5/30/2012 10:39 AM, Paul wrote: > Hello! > I have a plot of 2x3 subplots. I need to get the legend from the second > subplot (which pertains to the entire plot) above it, so it would > actually be a 3x3 subplot space: > > L SSS > SSS > > s = subplot, L = legend Me no follow... Try sample code that demonstrates what you got and then what you want modified/added... -- ...

Using matlab dll in c#
Does anyone now where I can found example code on how to use dll objects (created in Matlab) in .NET Visual C# Jakes Windell wrote: > > > Does anyone now where I can found example code on how to use dll > objects (created in Matlab) in .NET Visual C# <http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/matlabeng.asp> read the part about "access with dll" Below is an example that works for calling a MATLAB Compiler 4.0 (R14) generated DLL from C#... Copy the following code and save it as timestwo.m: function y = timestwo(x) y = 2*x; H=plot(y*[1:10]); waitfor(H); This function multiples the input by two and then displays a line plot. Now execute "mbuild -setup" and select your Microsoft compiler. Generate the shared library by executing: mcc -B csharedlib:libtimestwo timestwo.m Note that, in order to call the generated DLL, the DLL must reside either in the same directory as your executable or in a directory on your system path. For help in how to modify the system path, see: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-15ZLK.html?1-15ZLK Also, if you move the generated DLL to another directory, be sure to also move the associated CTF-file to the same directory. Open Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. Select File->New->Project. Then select Visual C# Applications in the left pane and Console Application in the right pane. Click OK and some automatically generated code will appear. Replace this code with: using System; using Syst...

Some basic questions about MATLAB operation
Hi, I have recently started using MATLAB for a DSP and a Communication Theory class. I have some questions about how MATLAB does some things. 1. To plot a graph, say a sinusoid, I always do this: t=0:.1:10; a=sin(t); plot(t,a) What does MATLAB do to generate the data for the points that are not in increments of .1? for example sin(1.13)? Does it interpolate to generate the graph? Is this sinusoid only valid for .1 increments? In fact, a function in MATLAB is inherently discrete, but we use it to model continuous functions (its 'domain' is actually only 101 samples)? 2. I'm having trouble mixing up the indices of the array (1..101 for t matrix) and the actual values (t(1)=0 t(1)=0.1, etc.)I am doing a lot of shifting of functions (such as f(x) = x -> f(x-2) = x-2) and this is messing me up, I usually get the error, "indices must be positive or logicals.." Mathematically, it makes sense to compute f(x(1)-2) for x(1)=1, but it doesn't make sense in MATLAB to ask for f(-1). This brings me to the question of what is a reasonable matrix size for x. -100:.1:100 ? Does it depend on the precision you need? Is there a 'convention' used to model functions? 3. I had a misconception that MATLAB was very close to mathematical notation. In fact, you have to interpret a lot when using it, often going back to the theory to make sure computations make sense. So am I using it the 'right' way. Usually only crunching huge amounts of numbers? I know...

C#? and Matlab? which one has future?
Previously, much of the reason I use matlab is because of its graphics capabilities. The microsoft visual studio and C# (GDI+ in particular) language change the situation gradually. I spent a lot of time try to take advantage of both and tried very hard to combine them together using Matlab's COM builder. Eventually, I give up. After undersdanding more about C# framework, I found that C# and GDI+ provide tools I need to create any type of graphics and charts very easily. The DataGridView combinining with GDI+'s graphics capability applow me to create spreadsheet-like application, which is very hard to be achieved using matlab. In particular, after reading two useful books "Professional C# - Graphics with GDI+" (for brief discusion, see for xample: <http://www.codeproject.com/books/1861004990.asp)> nd "C# CHarts and Graphics" (see sample chapters from publishing.unicadinc.com), now i can create any kind of matlab chart or graphics using C#. and have much more flexibility than using matlab. Now I switch to C# total and don't want to touch matlab anymore (even though i have used matlab for many years). I don't see matlab's future. Mike <sf_mike01@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ef52d21.-1 @webcrossing.raydaftYaTP: > Previously, much of the reason I use matlab is because of its > graphics capabilities. The microsoft visual studio and C# (GDI+ in > particular) language change the situation gradually. I spent a lot of > t...

Matlab COM interface from C++
Has anybody managed to connect to the Matlab COM interface directly from C++? Not just the "Matlab Engine", which can't be opened in "desktop" mode with full debugging. I need the debugging features and it appears the only way to get them is to go directly in through the COM interface. If so, can I get a copy of the relevant code that connects, shoves data to and fro, and executes a command? Thanks in advance. Additionally, has anybody managed to dump out the routines and calling sequences available through the COM interface? That would be a good start. -- James A. (Andy) Moorer www.jamminpower.com Adobe Systems, Incorporated On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:11:22 GMT, "James A. \(Andy\) Moorer" <jamminpower@earthlink.net> wrote: >Has anybody managed to connect to the Matlab COM interface directly from >C++? Not just the "Matlab Engine", which can't be opened in "desktop" mode >with full debugging. I need the debugging features and it appears the only >way to get them is to go directly in through the COM interface. > >If so, can I get a copy of the relevant code that connects, shoves data to >and fro, and executes a command? Thanks in advance. > >Additionally, has anybody managed to dump out the routines and calling >sequences available through the COM interface? That would be a good start. It's been a while (as in Matlab 6.5.1) but I have connected C++ code to Matlab us...

Web resources about - A question about C+Matlab, thanks - comp.soft-sys.matlab

To SQL or NoSQL? That’s the database question
It's a tangled, database web out there. (credit: Getty Images) Poke around the infrastructure of any startup website or mobile app these days, ...

Apple responds to FBI iPhone hack, but questions remain
Yesterday, the FBI announced that it had managed to break into the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone sans help from Apple. The iPhone manufacturer ...

4 Questions That Unlock Brand Potential
It’s difficult to escape the pervasive influence that brands have on our lives. In the broadest sense, brands constitute the organizing mechanism ...

Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest
Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest

Nearly retired? 3 questions to ask
No matter what happens to the markets, retirees should ask these three key questions to keep money safe, say financial advisors.

FBI's iPhone hack raises troubling questions
The US Department of Justice says it was able to break into an iPhone without Apple's help, but it won't answer queries about the data it accessed. ...

EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions
CNN EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions CNN (CNN) You're the pilot of a passenger airliner. A flight attendant brings news: There's ...

FBI hack raises questions about iPhone security
The FBI hack of an iPhone 5c running iOS 9 may have left the device just a little bit insecure in the eyes of some users, as the agency has not ...

Chuck Grassley tries to hide from Iowa constituents, still faces tough questions on Supreme Court
Sen. Chuck Grassley, the gatekeeper to the federal judiciary from his spot at the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is looking for some ...