A Question about MATLAB?!!

Hello,

I am a computer engineering student and I have a project using MATLAB
but unfortunately I am not a MATLAB expert so I need your help!!!!

My Project to build a digital clock using MATLAB as a software,
parallel port as a connector, besides some chips and two 7-segment
displays. The purpose of the 7-segment displays is one to show time
in hours and the other one to show time in minutes.Actually, my
hardware circuit is ready but the software to implement my project is
not. I will be using Parallel Port to connect the circuit to my
computer (to MATLAB in specific)

So, I need your help to know how can I implement my project using
MATLAB and what functions can I use to output the time continuously
in the parallel port using my computer clock so that the time will be
shown in the 7-segment displays as any digital clock???!!!

PLEASE CONSIDER MY PROBLEM AND I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL ^_^

THAK YOU
0
a1_qtr (2)
5/30/2006 11:20:16 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

I have considered your problem, you can be grateful ^_^

QatariEngineer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a computer engineering student and I have a project using
> MATLAB
> but unfortunately I am not a MATLAB expert so I need your help!!!!
>
> My Project to build a digital clock using MATLAB as a software,
> parallel port as a connector, besides some chips and two 7-segment
> displays. The purpose of the 7-segment displays is one to show time
> in hours and the other one to show time in minutes.Actually, my
> hardware circuit is ready but the software to implement my project
> is
> not. I will be using Parallel Port to connect the circuit to my
> computer (to MATLAB in specific)
>
> So, I need your help to know how can I implement my project using
> MATLAB and what functions can I use to output the time continuously
> in the parallel port using my computer clock so that the time will
> be
> shown in the 7-segment displays as any digital clock???!!!
>
> PLEASE CONSIDER MY PROBLEM AND I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL ^_^
>
> THAK YOU
0
gogo1 (2)
5/30/2006 11:25:17 AM
QatariEngineer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a computer engineering student and I have a project using MATLAB
> but unfortunately I am not a MATLAB expert so I need your help!!!!
>
> My Project to build a digital clock using MATLAB as a software,
> parallel port as a connector, besides some chips and two 7-segment
> displays. The purpose of the 7-segment displays is one to show time
> in hours and the other one to show time in minutes.Actually, my
> hardware circuit is ready but the software to implement my project is
> not. I will be using Parallel Port to connect the circuit to my
> computer (to MATLAB in specific)
>
> So, I need your help to know how can I implement my project using
> MATLAB and what functions can I use to output the time continuously
> in the parallel port using my computer clock so that the time will be
> shown in the 7-segment displays as any digital clock???!!!
>
> PLEASE CONSIDER MY PROBLEM AND I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL ^_^
>
> THAK YOU

Hi,

You'll have to use the data acquisition toolbox, and start with the
function digitalio.
You can get the current time by calling 'clock'.

    Jeroen
0
no_mail860 (236)
5/30/2006 1:33:55 PM
QatariEngineer wrote:

Thank you very much Jeroen..

Could you give me more details please?!

> Hello,
>
> I am a computer engineering student and I have a project using
> MATLAB
> but unfortunately I am not a MATLAB expert so I need your help!!!!
>
> My Project to build a digital clock using MATLAB as a software,
> parallel port as a connector, besides some chips and two 7-segment
> displays. The purpose of the 7-segment displays is one to show time
> in hours and the other one to show time in minutes.Actually, my
> hardware circuit is ready but the software to implement my project
> is
> not. I will be using Parallel Port to connect the circuit to my
> computer (to MATLAB in specific)
>
> So, I need your help to know how can I implement my project using
> MATLAB and what functions can I use to output the time continuously
> in the parallel port using my computer clock so that the time will
> be
> shown in the 7-segment displays as any digital clock???!!!
>
> PLEASE CONSIDER MY PROBLEM AND I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL ^_^
>
> THAK YOU
0
a1_qtr (2)
5/30/2006 2:38:10 PM
I never used it myself, so I cannot give you further details just out of
the top of my head. Better read the help file for details on accessing
the LPT, pin-mapping, and functions to use. If you're not familiar with
Matlab at all, better try to find somebody else in your neighbourhood
(student?) who has Matlab experience and can give you support with coding.

    Jeroen

QatariEngineer wrote:
> QatariEngineer wrote:
>
> Thank you very much Jeroen..
>
> Could you give me more details please?!
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am a computer engineering student and I have a project using
>>MATLAB
>>but unfortunately I am not a MATLAB expert so I need your help!!!!
>>
>>My Project to build a digital clock using MATLAB as a software,
>>parallel port as a connector, besides some chips and two 7-segment
>>displays. The purpose of the 7-segment displays is one to show time
>>in hours and the other one to show time in minutes.Actually, my
>>hardware circuit is ready but the software to implement my project
>>is
>>not. I will be using Parallel Port to connect the circuit to my
>>computer (to MATLAB in specific)
>>
>>So, I need your help to know how can I implement my project using
>>MATLAB and what functions can I use to output the time continuously
>>in the parallel port using my computer clock so that the time will
>>be
>>shown in the 7-segment displays as any digital clock???!!!
>>
>>PLEASE CONSIDER MY PROBLEM AND I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL ^_^
>>
>>THAK YOU
0
no_mail860 (236)