About evolving factor analysis

I need to do EFA (evolving factor analysis) to seperate spectrum
having several sub factors. What kind of m-file and toolbox should I
use for?

One of previous student said that he used "evolvfa" m-file, but he
couldn't remember the name of toolbolx. I guess that maybe
"statistics toolbox", but I am not sure.

If any of you can give me a help, I really be appreciated.
0
Hyun
10/21/2003 6:38:36 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206981 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

US-TX-Austin: Human Factors Eng., Design exp., UI Design, VoIP; contract (45316332401)
US-TX-Austin: Human Factors Eng., Design exp., UI Design, VoIP; contract (45316332401) ====================================================================================== Position: Human Factors Eng. Reference: SMC01618 Location: Austin TX Duration: C Skills: Working knowledge of human information processing concepts and the design of human-machine interfaces. Exp in the design of user interfaces of telecom products, services, and support systems. Understanding of process analysis and practical experience ...

Cheapest & Latest Software For Technical Analysis #2
You may read full description for all this software at: http://technical.traders.com/Products/home.asp -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- !NEW! The Ocean Software (Open Code!) (http://www.gfds.com/ocean) BWT Zones v5.0 (Open Code!) (http://www.bluewavetrading.com) Indicia Systems (Indicia Trading Systems (http://www.indiciatechnologies.net) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.Advanced Get EOD v7.6 build 205 (including manual) 2.Advanced GET Real-Time for Tradestation2000 v1...

Evolving a Self-Organized Data-Mining
Vitorino Ramos(*), Ajith Abraham(**), Evolving a Stigmergic Self-Organized Data-Mining (recently submitted). http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/ref_50.html ABSTRACT: Self-organizing complex systems typically are comprised of a large number of frequently similar components or events. Through their process, a pattern at the global-level of a system emerges solely from numerous interactions among the lower-level components of the system. Moreover, the rules specifying interactions among the system's components are executed using only local information, without reference to the global ...

prime factorization
My program needs to compute Euler's totient function, which involves finding prime factors. I could have used code that factors "on the fly" but opted for trying prime divisors from a table. That got me to wondering how math packages like Mathematica or Maple handle factorization when computing something like the totient function. Can anyone tell me or point me toward a source of info? JS John Smith wrote: > My program needs to compute Euler's totient function, which > involves finding prime factors. I could have used code that > factors "on the fly"...

Book Announcement "Form-Oriented Analysis"
Book Announcement We are happy to announce the publication of the following book: Form-Oriented Analysis A New Methodology to Model Form-Based Applications Dirk Draheim, Gerald Weber Springer, October 20th, 2004. ISBN: 3-540-20593-4 http://www.formcharts.org/ Best Regards Dirk Draheim and Gerald Weber About this book: Form-based applications range from simple Web shops to complex enterprise resource planning systems. Draheim and Weber adapt well-established basic modeling techniques in a novel way to achieve a modeling framework optimized for this broad application domain. They introduce ...

Survival Analysis-Stratification
I need a little programming assistance. This code comes from the Berry and Linoff "Applying Survival Analysis for Business Time-to-Event Problems" class. /* at risk at time t for each t achieved while in the window*/ data rowwise(keep=&strata t1-t&periods) ; set InWindow; by &strata; array t (&periods); ll = max(1, entry_tenure+1); /* SAS array (l) = t(0) */ ul=min(&periods, exit_tenure+1); do i = ll to ul; t(i) + 1; end; if last.&strata; /* output accumulated totals as data set row*/ run; The code is for creating time windows for Survival Analysis model...

there has another redo log analysis tool such like logminer?
my question is above, i want find another tools which can analysis redo log or archive log file. does anyone know? Jarod.Sun wrote: > my question is above, i want find another tools which can analysis redo > log or archive log file. does anyone know? Why? There used to be SharePlex, but why would you need it, if Logminer *works*. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA > Why? > There used to be SharePlex, but why would you need it, if Logminer > *works*. Yes,you are right. But my manager ask me to try to find out some tools which could be used to analyse redolog. i don'...

Polyval vs. Fourier analysis class question
Hello all, I'm taking a class which uses MATLAB. Our instructor was using a set of class notes to explain polyval and polyfit, and explained that the final result may be a poor fit. I asked why we emphasized polyval/polyfit instead of a Fourier type of analysis. He didn't know (after all, he didn't write the book). I suspect it's because dealing with polynomials is less CPU intensive than dealing with sines and cosines, but I'm not sure. Since I'm still new to Matlab, I am not sure where to go - ultimately, the answer may be "That's just the way the text was...

G-ESTEEM-PEOPLE WHO EDUCATED THEMSELVES & EVOLVED INTO THE MOST HAPPY AMERICANS USUALLY RED NECKS & PRO-BLACKS (STAY BOW-LEGGED & THICK).
G-ESTEEM-PEOPLE WHO EDUCATED THEMSELVES & EVOLVED INTO THE MOST HAPPY AMERICANS USUALLY RED NECKS & PRO-BLACKS (STAY BOW-LEGGED & THICK). (Article w/ pic of President Obama & ex-Presidents.Bush,Bill Clinton,Bush Sr. & Jimmy Carter). STAY BOW-LEGGED & THICK G-ESTEEM-A tenacious confidence;mental toughness "If god is with me than who can be against me? I can do anything. G- ESTEEM Go hard,we dying soon. G-ESTEEM "The game is in belief" /I'm i doing too much/Or losing my touch/ Text 3060402 to 69937 for 'Night Time by Tyler Shemwell http://bing...

New FREE E-Book: "Evolved to Win", by Moshe Sipper
*apologies if you receive this announcement more than once* FREE download: http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/evolved-to-win/18702814 Hard copy ($18): http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/evolved-to-win/187= 02740 Evolved to Win by Moshe Sipper Recent years have seen a sharp increase in the application of evolutionary computation techniques within the domain of games. Situated at the forefront of this research tidal wave, Moshe Sipper and his group have produced a plethora of award-winning results, in numerous games of diverse natures, evidencing the success and effi...

Pivot table style analysis in awk (or ?)
Dear All, I would like to do a pivot tabel style analysis using for instance awk. I have input with three columns (key, type and score). I would like to crosstab them so that the keys are in column 1, and that the following columns consist of the types with the score (if any) crosstabbed to type, and finally a sum of the scores for the rows (i.e. across types for a given key). Each combination of key-type- score (i.e. each row) in the input is unique. Input data (headings are only for clarity; they are not included in my data): key type score 001-BK005245 fb_okapi 1000 001-BK...

Small form factor and FreeBSD
Like many others I have a number of older workstations used as testbed for different services and applications. Now I am fed up with all the noise and clutter, and opting for a single small form factor workstation. So my question(s) is: Does freebsd 5.X support Mini-ITX and if so what is the best hardware to opt for. For example I'm looking at the Lian Li PC-402B that uses Flex ITX m/b. If the conclusion is that FBSD is not ready for Mini-ITX there is an option of just using Micro-ATX that also has the advantage og better possibilites for expansion. But maybe I will run in...

[LDPC] Factor-Graph
Hello all, Someone said "Everyone want to learn LDPC code should read Fred's factor-graph". I know sum-prod algorithm and density-evolution and code construction, but I found factor-graph is the most difficult, something like Newton's force principle(easy but difficult to understand). May you please tell me the main idea of factor-graph? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Best regards, Richard ...

Evolving ANN
Hi I know my query is more on GA rather than ANN.I ve implemented an ANN for face recognition , and I want to evolve the ANN using GA to skip the gradient and come up with optimum values of weights. AS my input neurons are 15*20=300 nodes , with 2 hidden nodes I 'll have a chromosome of length near 600. I have used real vector representation to represent my chromosome. I have considered not to use any cross overs as they might destroy my feature detectors. with this chromosome length, I should have a inteligent mutation,What is the best mutation you might it it will help me if i implem...

doppler thrombophilia thrombophilia and guidelines factor v leiden thrombophilia
Let me introduce http://teen-with.5x.to, your new way of downloading porn video. You can download your favorite video for free and legal. With http://teen-with.5x.to you can download all video porn, fast and daily updated! So check it out. Download ekskluziv video, just by one click on http://teen-with.5x.to >>>>>>>>>Download<<<<<<<<<<<<< ...

Re: Weird problem with factor scores: Solution from the solver
"Keintz, H. Mark" <mkeintz@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote > >Peter: > >When you ran PROC FACTOR starting with the original data rather than the correlation matrix, it probably did listwise deletion (i.e. drop the entire observation from the proc if any original item variable was missing). > >If so, did you replicate that sample when you calculated the means and sd's? If not you may have included cases that were absent from the proc factor, but had particular influence on the means/sd's of variables with significant (rotated) loadings on the second factor. ...

Fuzzy Optimization
Hi, I am currently designing the AI module for an turn-based colonization strategy game (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewitem.php3?gameid=3076). I have decided to use fuzzy rule-based engine for decision making. Along with the experts, I am defining initial fuzzy variables and rules, building a bunch of interconnected subdecision blocks for evaluating the appropriateness of each decision. Then, I am planning to optimize these blocks by getting them used by the competing agents. The higher result an agent obtains, the better fit his decision engine is. As I played with GAs once for FLC optim...

LU factorization
can anyone here help me to solve the extra credit problem in page 9? how do I do invByColLU <http://www.me.pdx.edu/~gerry/nmm/course/solutions/ch08partSolution.pdf> In article <ef1c7a4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, Johnny <winvista2007@yahoo.com> wrote: > can anyone here help me to solve the extra credit problem in page 9? > how do I do invByColLU > > <http://www.me.pdx.edu/~gerry/nmm/course/solutions/ch08partSolution.pdf> This is not a group to do your homework for you. You might possibly get some help if you show what you have tried so far. If you haven&...

Confirmatory Factor Analysis in SPSS
Hello, So I haven't used SPSS in years, my boss can't seem to understand the SAS output for confirmatory factor analysis. So I am trying to do this in SPSS. Is there a way to do Confirmatory factor analysis in SPSS without AMOS? I have been googling instructions on how to do it for the last hour and it keeps pointing me to AMOS, which we don't have and I can't install due to admin rights. Thanks Tan On Nov 14, 11:26=A0am, Tan <tan.p.p...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > So I haven't used SPSS in years, my boss can't seem to understand the ...

Business Analysis Online Training #3
Business Analysis Online Training Retors Lernen Labs is a world class leading training organization committed= to impart excellence in Business Analyst Online Training, Business Analysi= s Class room Training and Business Analysis Corporate Training and leading = technologies across the globe. With World class working knowledge we boast = that our trainers are second to none when compared to any other faculty in = both National and International levels. Any professional who has experience into any domain or any industry is elig= ible for this course. The trainer is a real Time exp...

Application of Independent Component Analysis
Hi all, I was wondering if ICA can be used to do outlier detection. Anyone can recommend some literatures about that? Thanks roy try your keywords in google and citeseer.nj.nec.com that should keep you busy for a while sdj roy wrote: > Hi all, > > I was wondering if ICA can be used to do outlier detection. > Anyone can recommend some literatures about that? > Thanks > > roy ...

IE is evolving, but is it enough?
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5304259.html ----- Start Quotes ----- Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser is in the process of getting its first significant update in two years this week, as part of the company's overhaul of its operating system. .... "Internet Explorer hasn't been updated in three years, whereas every other browser has been updated in the last six months," .... However, the company reiterated this week that it does not plan a new version of Internet Explorer until it releases the next version of Windows, code-named Longhorn. .... The bigg...

Evolvability
I looked up Evolvability using Google and turned up some interesting papers from both the biological and computational sciences. However all the CS papers were about evolvability of the genetic algorithms, not the problems they are used to solve. If you say that most genetic algorithms are substantially similar in what they can and cannot solve, I am curious as to what factors make a problem highly evolvable. I am interested in computational self assembly which you can liken to genetic programming but I never had much luck with it. Such systems show very poor evolvability. On the ...

Timing analysis
Hello, <BR> In which reports of time can I see the maximum frequency or haw can I to calculate it?. I am working with ISE 5.1i and for the synthesis I use xst. <p>Thanks, <BR> Falc´┐Żn. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C39981.A581BD40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "WIlfredo Falc=F3n" <wfalcon@eps.mondragon.edu> wrote in message = news:ee80a02.-1@WebX.sUN8CHnE... Hello,=20 In which reports of time can I see the maximum frequency or haw can I =...

Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Analysis ICMLDA 2013
Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Machi= ne Learning and Data Analysis ICMLDA 2013 CFP: International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Analysis ICMLDA = 2013 Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 23 July, 2013=20 Camera-Ready Papers Due & Registration Deadline (extended): 6 August, 2013= =20 WCECS 2013: San Francisco, USA, 23-25 October, 2013 http://www.iaeng.org/WCECS2013/ICMLDA2013.html The conference ICMLDA'13 is held under the World Congress on Engineering an= d Computer Science WCECS 2013. The WCECS 2013 is organized b...