Access from MATLAB to a non-MATLAB GUIs

Hallo everybody,

In one of my MATLAB functions I invoke external EXE file (another program), which makes some calculations. At the end of the calculations a message appears if I want to quit the exernal program (with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons). I want to close this message, because it interrupts the executaion of the whole MATLAB function(a batch file). The message is generated from the exernal program, not from MATLAB, so I can't use a MATLAB handle to close it.

So, does anybody  knows how I can close those non-MATLAB generated message (GUI) with a command in the MATLAB envoirenment?

Thank you in advance,
Maria
0
Mariya

Maria:
That's usually one of the preferences in the other program.  Start
that other program and look for Tools->options or File->preferences
and look for a checkbox that says something like "Confirm exit" and
uncheck it.

0
ImageAnalyst
11/12/2010 5:53:35 PM
On 12/11/10 11:50 AM, Mariya Popova wrote:

> In one of my MATLAB functions I invoke external EXE file (another
> program), which makes some calculations. At the end of the calculations
> a message appears if I want to quit the exernal program (with 'Yes' and
> 'No' buttons). I want to close this message, because it interrupts the
> executaion of the whole MATLAB function(a batch file). The message is
> generated from the exernal program, not from MATLAB, so I can't use a
> MATLAB handle to close it.

Java "Robot" class.
0
Walter