addition of additive noise

How do I add additive noise to an image using matlab?
        I am experimenting on removal of additive noise by various
techniques, so I wanted to know on this matter

addit
my tx5 always wants to download to "addit" ...is there any way to stop this? tia ... steve ...

addit
my tx5 always wants to download to "addit" ...is there any way to stop this? tia ... steve pshaw@emmet.com wrote: > my tx5 always wants to download to "addit" ...is there any way to stop > this? > > tia ... steve You mean when you hotsync? If so, set the conduit to "do nothing" and check the "set as default" option. I haven't seen hide-nor-hair of addit since doing this myself. -- Derek He was so crooked he could hide behind a corkscrew. ...

problem in noise addition
i was trying to add 20% gaussian noise to the image. i used p=20*randn(size(im2double(img))); noisyimg=p+img; bt the error occurred that image pixel range should be [0 1]...actually after addition of gaussian random numbers some of the pixels value became negative....how can be the noise added in range [0 1]. On Mar 24, 1:17=A0am, "Ankur " <ankurdit...@gmail.com> wrote: > i was trying to add 20% gaussian noise to the image. i used > p=3D20*randn(size(im2double(img))); > noisyimg=3Dp+img; > bt the error occurred that image pixel range should be [0 1]...a...

MatLab Student Addition on Novell SuSe
All- I have installed MatLab Student Addition on V6.5 on my Novell Linux SuSe box. I have changed the docopt.m file such that: elseif isunix % doccmd = ''; % options = ''; docpath = '/media/cdrecorder/help' However, when I attempt to run Matlab in Terminal (with the Documentation CD in), I get "Please insert the Documentation CD and restart MATLAB." I have tried re-installing a few times and I have confirmed the path the cd is "/media/cdrecorder/help" Any recommendations? Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide. C. Cathey ...

Additive White Guassian Noise properties (Newbie question)
I am taking a course in Digital communication. I had a topic on the concept called Bipolar Amplitude Shift Keying in which I heard AWGN . It is said it has 3 properties Autocorrelation (dirac delta), Power spectral Density of (N/2) and PDF of Guassian Shape please can anyone explain how this properies make a AWGN unique . Any pointers to web resources will be appreciated. Thanks . On 11/06/2010 07:06 AM, Deamon wrote: > I am taking a course in Digital communication. I had a topic on the > concept called Bipolar Amplitude Shift Keying in which I heard AWGN . > It is said ...

Additional RAM
Hi, I want to buy some more RAM to my thinkpad. Do I have to buy the original one or can I just buy compatible one? Regards, Etam. I purchased my son's T40 with one stick of ram and then went to the curcial website to find a second for about $60. The installation was fairly simply and he has been running without any problems for about a month now. This saved a lot of money--comparatively speaking. No other manufacurer that I looked into allowed you to populate only a single slot and the cost of upgrading from 1 to 2 g were generally around $200. "etam" <odwrotnie@gm...

Additional Headers
Would like to add an X-Face: header to my E-mails in one personality using Eudora 5.2. While I'm familiar with Edit-X for editing the two default headers, not sure how to ADD an additional header like X-Face: . Any suggestions? I'm guessing I can edit the eudora.ini file, but not sure where and how. In article <MPG.1a81bf6fb0ec87d989696@news.verizon.net>, not4spamINVALID@verizon.net says... > Would like to add an X-Face: header to my E-mails in one personality > using Eudora 5.2. I found the answer on the Eudora site itself, of all places LOL with an automated way of adding the header to eudora.ini. HOwever, after entering it properly, the X-Face header is not working, even using control-c. This isn't important enough to waste much time over, just a cute tweak, but if anyone did get X-Face working on Eudora, I'd love to hear how. Karl <not4spamINVALID@verizon.net> wrote: > Would like to add an X-Face: header to my E-mails in one personality > using Eudora 5.2. While I'm familiar with Edit-X for editing the two > default headers, not sure how to ADD an additional header like X-Face: . > Any suggestions? I'm guessing I can edit the eudora.ini file, but not > sure where and how. The setting you want is ExtraHeaders=. -- Katrina In article <FEVRb.10865$Bv6.3218518@news1.epix.net>, kknight@epix.net says... > The setting you want is ExtraHeaders=. Yup, Katrina...

Some additions to documentation
The following are some changes and additions I've made to my local documentation in light of things I've tripped across. This is based on the 2.4.2 release, but it may still be relevant to the current releases. The lack of explanation of how wxFlexGridSizer works and differs from wxBoxSizer caused me the most trouble, and it would be good to see this in particular, clarified. I've sketched out the differences with reference to the html documentation. If someone wants the actual .html, I'm happy to supply it (diffs don't make much sense, given the arbitrary changes...

automount additions
What's the easiest way to add a remote machine NFS automount to Tiger? I tried just putting it into /etc/fstab but that didn't seem to take. I know there's a directory service NetInfo as well, but after adding what I thought were the right entries via niutil -create [macbox:~] root# niutil -list . /mounts 98 192.168.0.15:/export/home/somedir If I mount this directory by hand, it's fine, so I know it's getting exported correctly. It's a laptop that comes one sporadically -- would the Mac check for it at boot time, and if it wasn't there, the automount wouldn...

Additional storage
I'm thinking of getting some additional data storage for my laptop. I'm running Windows XP. I want something external to the machine as I don't have the expertise to install 'within' and can't be bothered to schlep down to my computer shop - wherever that may be. Any recommendations and how does it all work - simply plug it in and away you go ? Or are things never that easy ? I'm after about 30gb and don't want to spend a fortune. Where do I start ? Look forward to your advice. Thanks On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:28:59 +0000 (UTC), in <c1d...

addition problem
Could someone explain me why this happen? I don't think it's only the round off error? % This simple code should increase the variable K from the starting value % K=0.10 to the ending value K=0.20 by the step of 0.01. Each % value of K is compared with 0.15. % It is expected that when the K becomes 0.15, the statement 'K==0.15' % is true and the value of K is displayed. BUT, IT IS NOT THE CASE! % K WILL NEVER BE EQUAL TO 0.15 AND WILL NEVER BE PRINTED! % % % Only if the statement 'K=ROUND(K*100)/100;' is included, the % program works properly (displays the value of the...

[wxMac] additions
Hi Splitter -------- I've added the native splitter renderer, so if you are running Mach-O and compiling for MAX >= 10.3 then you will get the native splitter, also for metal windows. Please test this in your app, as I don't have really complex windows to test, only the splitter sample. Note that this is not the same for sashwindow as the latter is using generic sashes. Non-Command Menu Accelerators ----------------------------- I'm now also allowing for non-command menu accelerators, eg plain chars, in case you are using menu accelerators that don't have ...

Long addition
Hi. I am looking for an easy way to typeset "long addition" (ie. the vertical addition one learns in elementary school). I keep finding cool ways to do "long division" (even for polynomials), but I can't find anything on simple vertical addition. Osor wrote: > Hi. > I am looking for an easy way to typeset "long addition" (ie. the > vertical addition one learns in elementary school). I keep finding cool > ways to do "long division" (even for polynomials), but I can't find > anything on simple vertical addition. xlop is for this kind of typesetting. Unfortunately, the current release (xlop 0.2) is just for french way (and the documentation is only in french). About addition (except for Dutch), I guess that xlop is able to deal with any language (with arabic number). xlop 0.3 will be really international (release at january or february 2006). Jean-C�me Charpentier This is a really cool package you wrote! I (a stupid American) could (nevertheless) understand the bulk of the user's manual, but I still have a few problems. First, is there any way to add more than two values (eg. by nesting)? I know that addition is technically a binary operator, but, at least in America, it is not uncommon to see more than two addends. I had another problem with the addition symbol. In order to give it more of an "American" look, I did the following in the preamble: \opset{columnwidth={0.5em}} \opset{decimalsep...

coordinate additions
Hi, I have a set of three coordinates that are in a line in a north-south orientation. I wish to move the top and bottom coordinates so that the line runs east-west. I can do this by simply adding the coordinates, but I need this to work for when the line is not in a simple line (i.e. if it has an angle of 45degs and runs diagonally). I thought of converting the coordinates to polar, and then add 90degs and then convert back, but this method takes the reference point as 0,0. however, this is not the case, and the reference (i.e the middle point of the three) could be an arbitary point. H...

Matrix addition
I have two matrices: h1=[1 -5; 5 4;5 8;9 8; 7 7;0 9] h2=[4 6;3 8;4 6;2 7;7 7;6 7] The number of columns in both h1 and h2 will variate, but the number of columns will always be the same for h1 and h2 and the number of rows will always be 6. I want to make a loop that does the following: h=[h1(:,1) h2(:,1) h1(:,2) h2(:,2)] h = 1 4 -5 6 5 3 4 8 5 4 8 6 9 2 8 7 7 7 7 7 0 6 9 7 Best Regards Hans "Hans " <jyde_6@msn.com> wrote in message <hh7iov$dik...

additional addressbook
Hi, how can I add an additional addressbook so that the Lotus Notes client displays this addressbook when I create a new mail? I already created a new database with the personal addressbook template, but I don't know to how to publish this database. Go into your user preferences in Notes, on the 'mail' tab, there is a field for 'local address books.' It should say 'names.nsf' already. Add a comma and append the filename of the additional address book, but DO NOT remove names.nsf. For example: names.nsf, newaddressbook.nsf The filename sh...

Additional HD
I have a Compaq Presario Desktop 6330US with a 2.0 ghz proc. & 60 GB HD. I just got a 80 GB internal IDE HD. I installed it an booted into the BIOS. It was there. I set it to "AUTO" an rebooted into Windows. When I go to my computer, it is not there When I go to Add New Hardware, it is in the list of things to choose It says it is working properly too. Will my model PC not support 80GB HD? What do I have to do? TI On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:37:14 GMT, no@spam.invalid (ecw) wrote: >I have a Compaq Presario Desktop 6330US with a 2.0 ghz proc. & a >60 GB HD. I ...

Additional Palettes ?
PSP 8.10 Are there libraries anywhere of pre-built color palettes for PSP ? Bob wrote: > > PSP 8.10 > > Are there libraries anywhere of pre-built color palettes for PSP ? No, but you can make as many of your own as you want. Open a nice image. Do Image > Decrease Color Depth > 256 Colors. Then do Image > Palette > Save Palette. Rather quicker than looking for palettes somewhere and you can pick something relevant to your needs. You might find this little tool useful. Angela's tutorial is a version or 3 old, but the only thing that's really changed is th...

Cell addition
Hi, I want a code to make a 3 separate packets from 3*4 matrix, then i want to add all values in to that packets and put them in to one single cell or packet.so my value here wants to represent 1*3 cell or 3*1 cell. i wrote this code for that but it couldn't work.please correct some one. x=[]; y=[]; value=[]; add=0; for i=1:3; for j=1:3; if j>i x(i,j)=1; else x(i,j)=0; end end y{i}=x(i,:); for i=1:3 for j=1:4; value=value+y{j}; end end thank you s saya wrote: > I want a code to make a 3 separate packets from 3*4 matrix, > then i want to add all values in to that packets and p...

Addition of one
Hi NG. This is more a digital design related question, hope you have an idea. Is there a fast way of adding one (1) to any number? Is there another way than implementing an actual complete adder structure? Could this in some way be reduced as we now have a fixed constant to add? Best Regards Julian Julian wrote: > Hi NG. > > This is more a digital design related question, hope you have an idea. > Is there a fast way of adding one (1) to any number? Is there another way > than implementing an actual complete adder structure? Could this in some way > be reduced as we now ...

Vector addition
Hi everyone Vector addition: : v+ + ; Cheers, Alex On 9/12/10 6:21 PM, Alex Wegel wrote: > Hi everyone > > Vector addition: > > : v+ + ; > > Cheers, > Alex Not sure what you mean by that, but in graphics applications I've frequently coded V+ to add the x,y components of a 2-vector. Related words include V*/ which scales a 2-vector by a ratio of scalars. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Su...

BCD addition
anyone know any techniques on how to write a program to do BCD(binary coded decimal) addition? Ali Sheikh wrote: > anyone know any techniques on how to write a program to do BCD(binary > coded decimal) addition? Any particular format? For example, IBM use the last nybble to indicate the sign of the number. Anyway, assuming one decimal digit per nybble and a "pure" representation it's simple enough. Just grab matching nybbles from the addends (right-shifting if need be to get them into the bottom bits and ANDing them with 15 to mask off any remaining bits from the ...

additional group
To find if a user belongs to an additional group I am checking the output of id -nG SomeUser The function getpwnam returns only the primary GID of the user. Is there any way without a shell command ; George Mpouras <gravitalsun@hotmail.foo> writes: > To find if a user belongs to an additional group I am checking the output of > > id -nG SomeUser > > The function getpwnam returns only the primary GID of the user. > Is there any way without a shell command ; POSIX::getgroups Στις 25/2/2014 16:24, ο/η Rainer Weikusat έγραψε: > George Mpouras <gravitalsun@hotmail.foo> writes: >> To find if a user belongs to an additional group I am checking the output of >> >> id -nG SomeUser >> >> The function getpwnam returns only the primary GID of the user. >> Is there any way without a shell command ; > > POSIX::getgroups > this fine for the effective user, I do not think it is working for the SomeUser George Mpouras <gravitalsun@hotmail.foo> writes: > Στις 25/2/2014 16:24, ο/η Rainer Weikusat έγραψε: >> George Mpouras <gravitalsun@hotmail.foo> writes: >>> To find if a user belongs to an additional group I am checking the output of >>> >>> id -nG SomeUser >>> >>> The function getpwnam returns only the primary GID of the user. >>> Is there any way without a shell command ; >&g...

vector addition
Hi, I am looking for a fast internal vector representation so that (a1,b2,c1)+(a2,b2,c2)=(a1+a2,b1+b2,c1+c2). So I have a list l = ['a'a,'bb','ca','de'...] I want to count all items that start with an 'a', 'b', and 'c'. What I can do is: count_a = sum(int(x[1]=='a') for x in l) count_b = sum(int(x[1]=='b') for x in l) count_c = sum(int(x[1]=='c') for x in l) But this loops through the list three times, which can be slow. I'd like to have something like this: count_a, count_b, count_c...

Web resources about - addition of additive noise - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Addition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Addition (often signified by the plus symbol "+") is one of the four elementary , mathematical operations of arithmetic ; with the others being ...

Facebook Tests Addition of Trending Module to Search Screen in iOS App
Facebook is testing the addition of a trending module on the search screen of its flagship iOS application, the social network confirmed to sister ...

Goals Of Landfill Harmonic In Addition To What Is On Kickstarter
Landfill Harmonic is not simply a film. It is a social charitable movement to provide creative and simple solutions to the poorest communities ...

Facebook tests addition of graduation years to Power Editor
As many people say Facebook is dying for young adults and teens , the site is apparently testing a new way for advertisers to target college ...

Scripting News: Should the Community Feed be an RSS feed in addition to being an OPML feed?
This question came up in the Community Feed, which you can read in Fargo, by choosing the Community Feed command from the Docs menu . Or you ...

Meet the new additions to the Stack Exchange clan
The fun continues — in the past month and a half we’ve welcomed seven new hires! We’re growing at a steady pace and we don’t plan to stop. Get ...

Crackers And Goo - Multiplication and Addition Math Skills Practice on the App Store on iTunes
Get Crackers And Goo - Multiplication and Addition Math Skills Practice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Jaguares and Sunwolves are worthy additions to Super Rugby
New Zealand rugby reporters don't waste much time in putting in the boot. In his report of the Sunwolves' 26-13 loss to the Lions, the New Zealand ...

Hanging chairs are becoming a popular addition to backyards around the Coast - The Courier-Mail Search ...
HANGING out on the patio has become a whole lot more stylish as homeowners dabble with suspended chairs.

Spectrum Now Festival: Tom Polo's unusual addition to Art Gallery of NSW
Artist Tom Polo would love you to stop and have a chat with him as he goes about creating his huge piece of wall art at the Art Gallery of NSW. ...