ADLink DAQ card + DAQ Toolbox = MATLAB Crash

Hi,

This might be a somewhat specific question-- but if anyone has any experience with using the DAQ toolbox with an ADLink DAQ card, any feedback/experience would be appreciated.

We have an ADLink PCI-7300A Rev B high-speed digital I/O card. ADLink has released a MATLAB library + adaptor that allows you to use ADLink DAQ cards with MATLAB's DAQ toolbox.

We have installed this library, according to the user manual supplied by ADLink. When we check, in MATLAB, to see that the card is recognized, we get the following,

>> hwinfo = daqhwinfo

hwinfo =

          ToolboxName: 'Data Acquisition Toolbox'
       ToolboxVersion: '2.12 (R2008a)'
        MATLABVersion: '7.6 (R2008a)'
    InstalledAdaptors: {5x1 cell}

>> adqpters =hwinfo.InstalledAdaptors

adqpters =

    'mcc'
    'mwadlink'
    'nidaq'
    'parallel'
    'winsound'

>> ADLINK_INFO = daqhwinfo('mwadlink')

ADLINK_INFO =

           AdaptorDllName: 'C:\ADLINK\DAQ-MTLB\DLL\mwADLINK.dll'
        AdaptorDllVersion: '1, 2, 0, 0'
              AdaptorName: 'mwadlink'
               BoardNames: {'PCI-7300'}
        InstalledBoardIds: {'0'}
    ObjectConstructorName: {''  ''  ''}

Clearly, MATLAB recognizes the ADLink adapter. However, it returns an empty array of object constructors...

So when we attempt to create a digitalio object (using MATLAB's DAQ toolbox), MATLAB experiences a Segmentation Violation.

....Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? I'm not finding anyone with similar issues on internet message boards.

(PS, this occurs across computers, and across versions of MATLAB...)

SYSTEM INFO:
MATLAB Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
MATLAB                                                Version 7.6        (R2008a)
Data Acquisition Toolbox                              Version 2.12       (R2008a)

This is just a follow up to this issue... After a month of hassling ADLink for some answers (without any reply on ADLink's end), I received the following email about using the DAQ Toolbox with our ADLink card:

"After reviewing your question and doing some research, unfortunately, MATLAB's ToolBox only supports software polling mode on the auxiliary DIO ports. You can not use MATLAB ToolBox to perform high-speed DIO on the 32 ports on port A and port B."

So for anyone interested, you can't use an ADLink 7300A to output data on any ports but the auxillary ports (useless when you need 32-channels)

Hope that helps anyone who has/had a similar problem :-)

"Heather " <heather.c.miller@gmail.com> wrote in message <h1trbb$8o8$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> This might be a somewhat specific question-- but if anyone has any experience with using the DAQ toolbox with an ADLink DAQ card, any feedback/experience would be appreciated.
>
> We have an ADLink PCI-7300A Rev B high-speed digital I/O card. ADLink has released a MATLAB library + adaptor that allows you to use ADLink DAQ cards with MATLAB's DAQ toolbox.
>
> We have installed this library, according to the user manual supplied by ADLink. When we check, in MATLAB, to see that the card is recognized, we get the following,
>
> >> hwinfo = daqhwinfo
>
> hwinfo =
>
>           ToolboxName: 'Data Acquisition Toolbox'
>        ToolboxVersion: '2.12 (R2008a)'
>         MATLABVersion: '7.6 (R2008a)'
>     InstalledAdaptors: {5x1 cell}
>
> >> adqpters =hwinfo.InstalledAdaptors
>
> adqpters =
>
>     'mcc'
>     'mwadlink'
>     'nidaq'
>     'parallel'
>     'winsound'
>
> >> ADLINK_INFO = daqhwinfo('mwadlink')
>
> ADLINK_INFO =
>
>            AdaptorDllName: 'C:\ADLINK\DAQ-MTLB\DLL\mwADLINK.dll'
>         AdaptorDllVersion: '1, 2, 0, 0'
>               AdaptorName: 'mwadlink'
>                BoardNames: {'PCI-7300'}
>         InstalledBoardIds: {'0'}
>     ObjectConstructorName: {''  ''  ''}
>

> Clearly, MATLAB recognizes the ADLink adapter. However, it returns an empty array of object constructors...
>
> So when we attempt to create a digitalio object (using MATLAB's DAQ toolbox), MATLAB experiences a Segmentation Violation.
>
> ...Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? I'm not finding anyone with similar issues on internet message boards.
>
> (PS, this occurs across computers, and across versions of MATLAB...)
>
> SYSTEM INFO:
> MATLAB Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)
> Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
> Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
> MATLAB                                                Version 7.6        (R2008a)
> Data Acquisition Toolbox                              Version 2.12       (R2008a)
Hi R?mi,

All I know is what I posted in the second post above... I'm not sure about the 7330A, but with the 7300A, I found that despite what ADLink advertises, the 7300A isn't truly compatible with the DAQ toolbox. That is, you can only use the DAQ on the 4 auxillary IO channels and not on the 32 high speed channels.

So no, I never got it working since this type of operation wasn't supported by ADLink or Mathworks.

Instead, I had to write MEX wrappers around my MATLAB code that directly interfaced with ADLink's API in order to successfully output data on the 32 high speed channels.

Hope this helps.

"Heather " <heather.c.miller@gmail.com> wrote in message <he68mv$fcp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> All I know is what I posted in the second post above... I'm not sure about the 7330A, but with the 7300A, I found that despite what ADLink advertises, the 7300A isn't truly compatible with the DAQ toolbox.

I participate to this also after buying PCI-9222 card from ADLink in a belief that it could be easily used with Matlab as the datasheet had a mention about the Matlab adapter being supported.

I also got the error of 'Segmentation violation' when just trying the card in Matlab and wrote to ADLink technical support asking for help but to my surprise I got the reply that the current version of the Matlab adapter does not even support the card that I bought. Apparently there is a new version of the adapter toolbox coming in Decmebr which should fix the problem.
[...]

Rémi
0
rgalland (3)

DAQ with Matlab
Hi All Can I use Matlab to read or write from a serial port (COM1)? Please let me know as this will be really useful to me. Also I know we can do this with "Instrument control toolbox" but I want to do without it (even the trial version). Thanks very much. Hi Vasudeva, At the MATLAB command prompt, type in: help serial or doc serial This should get you started. - Siddharth "Vasudeva " <varavind.job@gmail.com> wrote in message <hjuvsd$nkj$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi All > Can I use Matlab to read or write from a serial port (COM1)? Please let me ...

Measuring frequency response with Matlab and a DAQ card ?
Hello, I am using a PC with Matlab R2006b (incl. Real Time Windows Target and Signal Processing TB) and a DAQ card (NI PCI-6024e) as a Rapid Control Prototyping System. I would like to measure the frequency response of some filters. Does anybody know, if there is a possibility to perform an automated frequency response measurement with Matlab? Especially, I wonder how to determine automatically the attenuation and phase shift between input and output signal. THX, Matthias ...

NI USB 6210 and MATLAB DAQ toolbox
Hello, I think my problem is a simple one, I just can't find the information on it. I have 4 pressure sensors connected to my 6210 in the last 4 AI inputs (6, 14, 7, 15). My question is when using the Analog Input box how exactly do the 6210 ports map to the ports of the box? I would of thought they would be laid out the same as the actual 6210, for example first port would be AI1, second would be AI9 and so on. I believe this is not the case for a couple of reasons. First my initial readings don't support this. Second my predecessor created a small 'subsystem' th...

getting matlab example code for daq cards
I tried to find examples and search the forum, but couldn't find it.&nbsp; Anyone know where I can get a generic example of the code at? &nbsp; Thanks Hi, What NI device are you working with?&nbsp; If it is a newer card, it will be supported with NI-DAQmx, and <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&amp;message.id=10165&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">this post</a> should help you out. If you are using a device that is only supported with Traditional NI-DAQ, then <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/boar...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

USB Audio DAQ suggestions for use with Matlab/toolboxes
Can anyone recommend for me one or more Audio DAQ/Soundcards I could purchase that they have found works for them using Matlab and any combinations of the data acquisition/real time toolboxes and/or Simulink? Sound acquisition hardware in particular has not been my area of expertise, and I trying to get over the initial learning curve. The requirements I am looking for are 2 or more audio mic input channels, and two or more audio speaker channels, preferably ones that can be run simultaneously in sync, ideally that can be made to do so continuously for real time audio input and output. I ...

What types of DAQ card that can be used to interface with MATLAB?
HELLO!!! I've got a few question to ask:) 1) I would like to know, what type of DAQ card that compatible to interface with the MATLAB. 2) What is the commands being used to get the data from DAQ card? 3) Let say, that the data is sent wirelessly and being received by the Bluetooth USB port, is there still need a DAQ card or what? Nur Anida Jumadi wrote: > > > HELLO!!! > > I've got a few question to ask:) > > 1) I would like to know, what type of DAQ card that compatible to > interface with the MATLAB. > > 2) What is the commands being used to get the ...

USB Audio DAQ suggestions for use with Matlab/toolboxes #2
Can anyone recommend for me one or more Audio DAQ/Soundcards I could purchase that they have found works for them using Matlab and any combinations of the data acquisition/real time toolboxes and/or Simulink? Sound acquisition hardware in particular has not been my area of expertise, and I trying to get over the initial learning curve. The requirements I am looking for are 2 or more audio mic input channels, and two or more audio speaker channels, preferably ones that can be run simultaneously in sync, ideally that can be made to do so continuously for real time audio input and output. I ...

utilizing matlab for controlling Advantech PCL-1800 DAQ card
i wanted to use an 'Advantech PCL-1800' data aquisition card for an experiment which i have to set up for my graduate thesis and i searched mathworks site if there is a way to control PCL-1800 using MATLAB. i found the solution #35379 on support pages and followed the procedure explained there. i extracted the 'mwadvantech.dll and .ini files into the mentioned folder and replaced the analoginput.m files, but when i restarted matlab and gave the command "daqregister('advantech')" i got an error message on the screen which says 'matlab wasn't able to...

real-time plot the data acquired by daq cards in MATLAB GUI
Hey guys, I am new to MATLAB GUI. Now I need to build a real-time monitoring system using MATLAB GUI. The first task is to use the DAQ card to acquire the analog signal and plot them out in GUI in real-time. I have used DAQ before, but without the GUI. I got very confused when I read some sources on the internet about writing a callback function to acquire data continuously in GUI. Has somebody done similar thing before and willing to share the program for me to study? Or you have some great source for me to read? Thank you guys. ...

Problem creating an analoginput object for Agilent U2531A using Matlab daq toolbox
Dear all I can create digital I/O device object for my Agilent U2531A device. However, I am having the following error when creating a device object: ----------Creating analoginput('agilentu2500',0) object for adaptor agilentu2500 Error creating analoginput('agilentu2500',0) object for adaptoragilentu2500 Upto Current Agilent Hardware Error(s) Occured:Missing parameter.. ----------Creating analogoutput('agilentu2500',0) object for adaptor agilentu2500 -- Error creating analogoutput('agilentu2500',0) object for adaptoragilentu2500 Upto Current Agilent Hard...

Embedded matlab script crashes Matlab
Following embedded matlab script crashes Matlab: %#eml function [T06]=my_eml_crash ht = repmat( struct('T', zeros(4)), 1,6 ); T06 = eye(4); for ii=1:6 ht(ii).T = eye(4) * eye(4) ; % crash occurs % ht(ii).T = eye(4) * eye(4) *1; % crash disappears T06 = T06 * ht(ii).T; end return The file is named my_eml_crash.m, and crash occurs immediately after entering "emlc my_eml_crash" in Matlab command line. In "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp" is generated empty dump file. I'm using matlab 2007b, with corre...

NI DAQ Matlab
G'day, I have a nidaq516 installed and runs - tested from ni measurement software. I want to capture to matlab. I have daqregister('nidaq') and get a good return - mwnidaq.dll then ai = analoginput('nidaq',1) - no probs then addchannel(ai,0:2) - fine and dandy adds ch 0, 1 and 2. then start(ai) - away it goes. check it ai Acquisition Parameters: 1000 samples per second on each channel. 1000 samples per trigger on each channel. 1 sec. of data to be logged upon START. Log data to 'M...

ni daq with matlab
why can't i use ni daq to read milli volt signal however labview did on the same daq? %%get connected devices d = daq.getDevices %create session s = daq.createSession('ni') %add analog channel s.addAnalogInputChannel('ID',channel num, 'measurement type') s.addAnalogInputChannel('Dev1',0, 'Voltage') % set rate of scan 4 scans/second , run for 3 seconds s.Rate=1000; s.DurationInSeconds=30; v= s.Channels(1); set(v) %_____________________________ %% v.TerminalConfig = ' Differential '; v.Coupling = ' D...

Web resources about - ADLink DAQ card + DAQ Toolbox = MATLAB Crash - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Toolbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A toolbox (also called toolkit , tool chest or workbox ) is a box to organize, carry, and protect the owner's tools . They could be used for ...

Apple Toolbox (@appletoolbox) on Twitter

Advanced Lean Toolbox
Otimizar, Disponibilizar e difundir a metodologia do Lean (Sistema de Melhoria continua) .

Toolbox for Pages on the App Store on iTunes
Get Toolbox for Pages on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple Toolbox - YouTube
Apple Toolbox - YouTube

Westpac adds augmented reality to online banking toolbox
Westpac has tapped a UK rocket scientist for an augmented reality smartphone app it hopes will put customers in control of their credit card ...

Replica gun found in Roy Hill mine worker's toolbox
A replica handgun was found in an employee's toolbox at Hancock Prospecting’s Roy Hill Mine in the Pilbara.

Thief scales crane to steal from toolbox
Police are searching for a man who recklessly climbed a seven-storey crane at a construction site to steal from a tool box.