ANOVA table in matlab

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude that two regression have the same slope or not ? Thank you
0
Reply khadimallah.ali (1) 9/26/2013 5:49:07 AM

See related articles to this posting

> I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the
> F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude
> that two regression have the same slope or not ?

F for Group*X tests for a common slope.
F for X tests for a zero average slope (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)
F for Group tests for a common intercept (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)

-- Tom

0
Reply tlane (613) 9/26/2013 4:07:09 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

TABLES TABLES TABLES
How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables pre- date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the student apoplectic. Words of wisdom most welcome!!! Thanks, Howard sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in partic...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES
sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables >pre- >date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the >student apoplectic. I find a visual works well here. If you show a grid with rows and columns, then you can show a picture of a SAS data set and a SQL table and a lookup table, and show that (regardless of terminology and buzzwords) they're all pr...

From table to table....
I want to create a new table containing only the results from a select statement of another table. How is that done? select a, b, c into destTable from sourceTable where a='x' or a='y' or a='z'; Does one have to create the destTable or is it created for you with the correct structure? Can the rows of one table be used in the select of another table? eg: The above select statement has three choices. could those 'choices' have been rows of a column of a table? On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:29:45 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin wrote: > I want to create a new table co...

Table of tables
Given t = {{{-1, -1, -2+2I}, {-1, -1, 3-I}}, {{-1, -1, 4+I}, {-1, -1, -5-5I}}}; how can I extract the imaginary part of the complex elements to obtain {{{-1, -1, 2}, {-1, -1, -1}}, {{-1, -1, 1}, {-1, -1, -5}}}; thank you. Luiz Melo -- On Oct 20, 1:07 am, Luiz Melo <luiz.m...@polymtl.ca> wrote: > Given > > t = {{{-1, -1, -2+2I}, {-1, -1, 3-I}}, {{-1, -1, 4+I}, {-1, -1, -5-5I}}}; > > how can I extract the imaginary part of the complex elements to obtain > > {{{-1, -1, 2}, {-1, -1, -1}}, {{-1, -1, 1}, {-1, -1, -5}}}; > > thank yo...

Tables in MatLab
I have a simple function, say for a human: no. of limbs = no. of person * 4; A Cannibal has a certain no of ppl and he wants to know, in a table how many limbs he has and wants to present it in a table form, for say 1 to 100 persons. I know limbs = persons*4, and to put in a for loop from person=1:100. But how can I display this in a table form, like with titles or something, i think it can be done in a matrix form, but now too sure how to do it. (I just want to know how to get a table knowing a formula in Matlab in other words) ...

Create A Latex Table From Matlab.Want entries in table to be decimal,not fractions
Hi I need to create a latex table from matlab data. I can create a table, but not in the format I want. Following the example in the help pages this is what I do >> A=[.1 .4]; >> latex(sym(A)) ans = \left[ \begin {array}{cc} 1/10&2/5\end {array} \right] >> This correctly creates a table of the data. But I want to have the entries in the table to be 0.1 and 0.4 NOT 1/10 and 2/5 . Is there a way I can change the format of the numbers in the table which matlab creates? Thanks Tony z1354565@yahoo.com (T) wrote: > Hi > > I need to create a latex table f...

anybody has matlab to latex conversion tool for generating table(raw data -> latex table)?
Dear all, Anybody has the conversion tool to convert from raw data to table in latex? Written in languabe such as C or Perl or Python or Matlab? I am tired of manually typing table in latex... Please help me... Thanks a lot, -walala There are a couple of utilities in the file share - search under "Latex" R "walala" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bre611$pe5$1@mozo.cc.purdue.edu>... > Dear all, > > Anybody has the conversion tool to convert from raw data to table in latex? > > Written in languabe such as C or ...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #5
LOL -- I told him I had a table in my dining room, and another kind in my kitchen, etc. -----Original Message----- From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@westat.com> To: Howard Wood <sasbum@AOL.COM> Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:44:38 -0500 Subject: RE: TABLES TABLES TABLES Howard, Maybe you should turn the tables on him and correct him whenever he refers to a sedan as a car or to beef as meat or to an engine as a motor. Ed Ed Heaton RW-4541 #4818 -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Howard Wood Sent: Saturday, Nov...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #2
OHHH went there, did that, got the t-shirt, even. I tried everything in the book. This person is extremely LITERAL and looking for the letter of the law, or something........maybe my trying so hard just egged him on, or his stubbornness that kept his feet in concrete, but I don't think so. He truly believes that. -----Original Message----- From: David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:55:12 -0800 Subject: Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #3
You might say he is "incorrigible". Rob Rohrbough Omaha, NE > -----Original Message----- > From: Howard Wood [mailto:sasbum@AOL.COM] > Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 10:25 AM > Subject: Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES > > > LOL -- I told him I had a table in my dining room, and > another kind in my kitchen, etc. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@westat.com> > To: Howard Wood <sasbum@AOL.COM> > Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:44:38 -0500 > Subject: RE: TABLES TABLES TABLES > > > Howard, > > Maybe you ...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #4
Howard: Although Date and Celko follow the usual convention when they call the sole data structure in SQL a 'table', Codd tended to prefer 'relation'. The concept has a long history in mathematics and logic. Before SQL, before SAS, before IBM, and even before Babbage .... A relational database has one or more tables. Neither 'database' nor 'table' implies anything about the implementation of a database or table in a database or file management system. If a data structure has the properties of a table (column variables in rows), it's a table. Nothing more, n...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #6
Ahhhh - I'm lovin' that one. TY TY In a message dated 12/1/2005 6:14:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET writes: Friar Broccoli wrote: > Try this (a higher authority): > > http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=de fine%3A+data+table&btnG=Search&lr=lang_en > > Howard Wood wrote: >> OHHH went there, did that, got the t-shirt, even. I tried >> everything in the book. This person is extremely LITERAL and >> looking for the letter of the law, or something........maybe...

HP49g+ ANOVA tables
I am using an HP49g+. Just wanted to know if there are any softwares that can complete an ANOVA table because calculating the SSTr, MSE etc from a list is a pain and often make errors. I found some softwares that can complete an ANOVA table from a list but can't calculate tables with Randomized Blocks and with Regression. Also, are there any software that can complete an ANOVA table with missing parts (missing SSTr but given SSE and not from a list). Can anyone help please? thanks! Victor Victor wrote: > I am using an HP49g+. Just wanted to know if there are any softwares > tha...

Creating Tables With Matlab
Hi There I'm putting together a sort of data summary GUI program. The program imports time-series data, takes several user inputs (i.e. which columns to use for which stats) and then displays several independent summary figures and tables. I've used a separate GUI window to layout and display all of the figures together and used GUI tables to display my table data. The program populates the figures and tables based on the initial GUI user choices. The separate GUI window works well for on-screen viewing, but I really need to export the GUI window to an image file (.eps, .pdf)....

Matlab lookup table?
Using Matlab, I need some way to automatically find the point where an arbitrary filter response crosses a threshold. For example, given a low pass filter, use freqz to find the response, then find the frequency that where the magnitude most closely corresponds to -3dB. If the response never exactly hits -3dB, interpolation might be nice, but not really necessary as I can generate enough points in the frequency response to make the error negligibly small. I would think this could be done with some sort of table lookup function if there is such a thing. Does anyone know if there are any bui...

Truth Tables and Matlab
Does Matlab have any "built-in" capability to take in a truth table as input, and generate the simplest boolean equation as an output? If it won't accept a truth table, does it have the "built-in" ability to produce the boolean equation from an input in the form of the Quine-McCluskey algorithm? Regards, Jeff Stephens ...

Steam Tables in Matlab
Dear All, does anybody know how to implement Steam Tables into Matlab? thank you Davide In article <eee642c.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, Davide wrote: > Dear All, > does anybody know how to implement Steam Tables into Matlab? > > thank you > Davide With a source of tables and a litle ingenuity, you have a lot of options for doing this. However: may I humbly refer you to some of the 3rd-party tools available? Especially: <http://www.khace.com/products/watsteam> Kelvin B. Hales Kelvin Hales Associates Limited Consulting Control Engineers E-mail: khales@khace.com Web: w...

Matlab lookup tables
Hi Matlab fans, I want to know how to create a image(i.e like a bar) with rainbow colors by using my own lookup table. Anybody please help me out. satish. satish wrote: > Hi Matlab fans, > > I want to know how to create a image(i.e like a bar) with rainbow > colors by using my own lookup table. Anybody please help me out. > > satish. Look at HELP COLORMAP and the documentation for the axes properties CLim and CLimMode and the image properties CData and CDataMapping. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/infotool/hgprop/doc_frame.shtml -- Steve Lord sl...

update table with matlab
hi... I have 4 column of data into 4 array and I have to insert this 4 column into 1 table with 4 column.... if I use insert command, I obtain the second column that start after the end of first column, and the third column start after the end of second column... etc..etc.. should I use the 'update' command ? How can I do ??? rbaldassarre wrote: > > > hi... > > I have 4 column of data into 4 array and I have to insert this 4 > column > into 1 table with 4 column.... > > if I use insert command, I obtain the second column that start > after > the e...

tables in Matlab #2
Hi, I have a basic question! I have a table in the work space of matlab (100by6). I would like to have a subset of this table defined as follow: If the 4th column is the variable x, then the subset is data such that x is larger to 20. Thank you very much med: <SNIP looking for a sub-mat based on some condition... one of the solutions % some data m=magic(6); % the engine s=m(m(:,4)>=20,:); % the result m s us Thank you; us wrote: > > > med: > <SNIP looking for a sub-mat based on some condition... > > one of the solutions > > % some da...

matlab GUI table
hay can any one tell me how to enter text data in matlab unitable cells.it only accepts numaric vlues . ..i hav no idea plz need help! ...

MATLAB table to Word
Dear all, does anyone have an example of how to export e.g. a table from MATLAB to Word? Starting from this point, I think I can continue with figures etc. Kind Regards Peter Peter wrote: > Dear all, > > does anyone have an example of how to export e.g. a table from MATLAB > to Word? > > Starting from this point, I think I can continue with figures etc. > > Kind Regards > > Peter There are lots of ways: 1. Write the matrix to Excel using xlswrite, then import to Word 2. Write a text file using fprintf, import to Word and convert to table 3. Print the mat...

Table representation in Matlab
Hi I have a little problem I have got two cellstrings which look like this colum1 = {'Detail','CurrentHigh','Voltage'}; colum2 = {'Values','1','15'}; Now I have a textfield that looks like this test = uicontrol('Style', 'text', 'String', '',... 'Units','normalized','HorizontalAlignment','left',... 'FontWeight','normal',... 'FontSize',8,'BackgroundColor',[1 1 1]); And my goal is that the table looks as follows in the textfield: Detail ...

Creating tables on MATLAB
Hi! Im a engineering student studying in Sweden. Im doing a design project about aircraft loading. Since many calculations were done using MATLAB I would like to present my results on the best way possible. I've calculated many values and wanted to put everything together in different tables. The problem is that every time I program MATLAB to show my results, MATLAB simplify my answers with a factor (e.g. 1e+006). I would like to negect this factor and show tables without a multiplyied factor, how can I do this? Is there any function to make tables? Can I convert results in matlab to use ...