ANOVA table in matlab

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude that two regression have the same slope or not ? Thank you
0
Reply khadimallah.ali (1) 9/26/2013 5:49:07 AM

See related articles to this posting

> I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the
> F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude
> that two regression have the same slope or not ?

F for Group*X tests for a common slope.
F for X tests for a zero average slope (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)
F for Group tests for a common intercept (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)

-- Tom

0
Reply tlane (613) 9/26/2013 4:07:09 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Tables in MatLab
I have a simple function, say for a human: no. of limbs = no. of person * 4; A Cannibal has a certain no of ppl and he wants to know, in a table how many limbs he has and wants to present it in a table form, for say 1 to 100 persons. I know limbs = persons*4, and to put in a for loop from person=1:100. But how can I display this in a table form, like with titles or something, i think it can be done in a matrix form, but now too sure how to do it. (I just want to know how to get a table knowing a formula in Matlab in other words) ...

Create A Latex Table From Matlab.Want entries in table to be decimal,not fractions
Hi I need to create a latex table from matlab data. I can create a table, but not in the format I want. Following the example in the help pages this is what I do >> A=[.1 .4]; >> latex(sym(A)) ans = \left[ \begin {array}{cc} 1/10&2/5\end {array} \right] >> This correctly creates a table of the data. But I want to have the entries in the table to be 0.1 and 0.4 NOT 1/10 and 2/5 . Is there a way I can change the format of the numbers in the table which matlab creates? Thanks Tony z1354565@yahoo.com (T) wrote: > Hi > > I need to create a latex table f...

anybody has matlab to latex conversion tool for generating table(raw data -> latex table)?
Dear all, Anybody has the conversion tool to convert from raw data to table in latex? Written in languabe such as C or Perl or Python or Matlab? I am tired of manually typing table in latex... Please help me... Thanks a lot, -walala There are a couple of utilities in the file share - search under "Latex" R "walala" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bre611$pe5$1@mozo.cc.purdue.edu>... > Dear all, > > Anybody has the conversion tool to convert from raw data to table in latex? > > Written in languabe such as C or ...

HP49g+ ANOVA tables
I am using an HP49g+. Just wanted to know if there are any softwares that can complete an ANOVA table because calculating the SSTr, MSE etc from a list is a pain and often make errors. I found some softwares that can complete an ANOVA table from a list but can't calculate tables with Randomized Blocks and with Regression. Also, are there any software that can complete an ANOVA table with missing parts (missing SSTr but given SSE and not from a list). Can anyone help please? thanks! Victor Victor wrote: > I am using an HP49g+. Just wanted to know if there are any softwares > tha...

Creating Tables With Matlab
Hi There I'm putting together a sort of data summary GUI program. The program imports time-series data, takes several user inputs (i.e. which columns to use for which stats) and then displays several independent summary figures and tables. I've used a separate GUI window to layout and display all of the figures together and used GUI tables to display my table data. The program populates the figures and tables based on the initial GUI user choices. The separate GUI window works well for on-screen viewing, but I really need to export the GUI window to an image file (.eps, .pdf)....

Matlab lookup table?
Using Matlab, I need some way to automatically find the point where an arbitrary filter response crosses a threshold. For example, given a low pass filter, use freqz to find the response, then find the frequency that where the magnitude most closely corresponds to -3dB. If the response never exactly hits -3dB, interpolation might be nice, but not really necessary as I can generate enough points in the frequency response to make the error negligibly small. I would think this could be done with some sort of table lookup function if there is such a thing. Does anyone know if there are any bui...

Truth Tables and Matlab
Does Matlab have any "built-in" capability to take in a truth table as input, and generate the simplest boolean equation as an output? If it won't accept a truth table, does it have the "built-in" ability to produce the boolean equation from an input in the form of the Quine-McCluskey algorithm? Regards, Jeff Stephens ...

Steam Tables in Matlab
Dear All, does anybody know how to implement Steam Tables into Matlab? thank you Davide In article <eee642c.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, Davide wrote: > Dear All, > does anybody know how to implement Steam Tables into Matlab? > > thank you > Davide With a source of tables and a litle ingenuity, you have a lot of options for doing this. However: may I humbly refer you to some of the 3rd-party tools available? Especially: <http://www.khace.com/products/watsteam> Kelvin B. Hales Kelvin Hales Associates Limited Consulting Control Engineers E-mail: khales@khace.com Web: w...

Matlab lookup tables
Hi Matlab fans, I want to know how to create a image(i.e like a bar) with rainbow colors by using my own lookup table. Anybody please help me out. satish. satish wrote: > Hi Matlab fans, > > I want to know how to create a image(i.e like a bar) with rainbow > colors by using my own lookup table. Anybody please help me out. > > satish. Look at HELP COLORMAP and the documentation for the axes properties CLim and CLimMode and the image properties CData and CDataMapping. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/infotool/hgprop/doc_frame.shtml -- Steve Lord sl...

update table with matlab
hi... I have 4 column of data into 4 array and I have to insert this 4 column into 1 table with 4 column.... if I use insert command, I obtain the second column that start after the end of first column, and the third column start after the end of second column... etc..etc.. should I use the 'update' command ? How can I do ??? rbaldassarre wrote: > > > hi... > > I have 4 column of data into 4 array and I have to insert this 4 > column > into 1 table with 4 column.... > > if I use insert command, I obtain the second column that start > after > the e...

tables in Matlab #2
Hi, I have a basic question! I have a table in the work space of matlab (100by6). I would like to have a subset of this table defined as follow: If the 4th column is the variable x, then the subset is data such that x is larger to 20. Thank you very much med: <SNIP looking for a sub-mat based on some condition... one of the solutions % some data m=magic(6); % the engine s=m(m(:,4)>=20,:); % the result m s us Thank you; us wrote: > > > med: > <SNIP looking for a sub-mat based on some condition... > > one of the solutions > > % some da...

matlab GUI table
hay can any one tell me how to enter text data in matlab unitable cells.it only accepts numaric vlues . ..i hav no idea plz need help! ...

MATLAB table to Word
Dear all, does anyone have an example of how to export e.g. a table from MATLAB to Word? Starting from this point, I think I can continue with figures etc. Kind Regards Peter Peter wrote: > Dear all, > > does anyone have an example of how to export e.g. a table from MATLAB > to Word? > > Starting from this point, I think I can continue with figures etc. > > Kind Regards > > Peter There are lots of ways: 1. Write the matrix to Excel using xlswrite, then import to Word 2. Write a text file using fprintf, import to Word and convert to table 3. Print the mat...

Table representation in Matlab
Hi I have a little problem I have got two cellstrings which look like this colum1 = {'Detail','CurrentHigh','Voltage'}; colum2 = {'Values','1','15'}; Now I have a textfield that looks like this test = uicontrol('Style', 'text', 'String', '',... 'Units','normalized','HorizontalAlignment','left',... 'FontWeight','normal',... 'FontSize',8,'BackgroundColor',[1 1 1]); And my goal is that the table looks as follows in the textfield: Detail ...

Creating tables on MATLAB
Hi! Im a engineering student studying in Sweden. Im doing a design project about aircraft loading. Since many calculations were done using MATLAB I would like to present my results on the best way possible. I've calculated many values and wanted to put everything together in different tables. The problem is that every time I program MATLAB to show my results, MATLAB simplify my answers with a factor (e.g. 1e+006). I would like to negect this factor and show tables without a multiplyied factor, how can I do this? Is there any function to make tables? Can I convert results in matlab to use ...

pivot table in matlab
Hi, i'd like to do a simple pivot table like the one excel does in matlab. basically, I have row based data (e.g. date, city,# of car accidents) and would like to move it into a column based format (rows=dates, columns=city,matrix-element=#of car accidents). Is there a good way to do this in matlab? Example: jan-2000 | Boston | 200 jan-2000 | new York | 500 jan-2000 | Miami | 300 Feb-2000 | Boston | 300 Feb-2000 | Miami | 200 Mar-2000 | Boston | 300 Mar-2000 | New York | 200 => Date | Boston | New York | Miami jan-2000 | 200 | 500 | 300 feb-2000 | 300 | | 20...

Repeated measure ANOVA in Matlab?
Is there some function in Matlab to do repeated measure ANOVA? doc anova2 doc anovan On Dec 23, 7:25 pm, miki lo <myart...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there some function in Matlab to do repeated measure ANOVA? This doesn't actually fit. The thing is that I have two groups of subjects. One group underwent two different treatments (so from each subject in this group I have two measurements) but the second group's subjects only underwent one treatment (so here from each subject I have one measurement). I want to do the ANOVA between those three types of treatment (the two from th...

matlab GUI table #2
hi i m making Matlab gui uitable and i need to retrive text values in it ..from coding behind it ...it is not accepting text type data it only takes numaric value ..what should i do ..? can any one give any idea regarding my problem ..plz help! ...

Variable name for a table in matlab?
Hello Ive got a gui program that has a table in it. In the gui code, how do i refer to the table if i want to write an 'if' statement about it? Ive tried using its tag but it keeps telling me its an underfined variable and i cant use hObject cos there are lots of hObjects in the code. Im soo stuck. Thankyou "David Bolin" <cruelsinger@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hsoc4o$csb$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello > > Ive got a gui program that has a table in it. I assume this is a uitable object? > In the gui code, how do i refer to the tab...

code matlab Helium table
I'm student at KMITL from thailand I would like to have the source code matlab GUI steam table ,Helium table,air table for calculate about thermodynamic close system ...

how can i create a table in matlab
Hi, i am creating a gui which would use a table where the user can get the data. now, does anyone know as to how to create a table in matlab. would appreciate any help rendered. Thanks. vikram wrote: > > > Hi, > i am creating a gui which would use a table where the user can get > the data. now, does anyone know as to how to create a table in > matlab. would appreciate any help rendered. > Thanks. Vikram, Apparently, one cannot create a table using GUIDE in Matlab.......please see: <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-U9QBV.html?solution=1-U9QBV> On...

pivot table in matlab #2
Hi, i'd like to do a simple pivot table like the one excel does in matlab. basically, I have row based data (e.g. date, city,# of car accidents) and would like to move it into a column based format (rows=dates, columns=city,matrix-element=#of car accidents). Is there a good way to do this in matlab? Example: jan-2000 | Boston | 200 jan-2000 | new York | 500 jan-2000 | Miami | 300 Feb-2000 | Boston | 300 Feb-2000 | Miami | 200 Mar-2000 | Boston | 300 Mar-2000 | New York | 200 => Date | Boston | New York | Miami jan-2000 | 200 | 500 | 300 feb-2000 | 300 | | 20...

how can I insert table in matlab
I have to insert table in listbox of GUI. Is it possible to insert table? In article <g1mo51$lcq$1@fred.mathworks.com>, viper viper <zio_nneo@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have to insert table in listbox of GUI. Is it possible >to insert table? Yup. >> b1 = '<HTML><FONT SIZE="1"><TABLE width=300><TR><TD bgcolor="green">aa</TD><TD>bb</TD></TR><TR>vodoo</TR></TABLE></FONT></HTML>' >> set(listboxhandle,'String',{b1 'world'},...

exporting ANOVA tables to excel
Hello, I have created several ANOVA tables using Proc GLM and rather than copying weeach value separately into Excel, I was wondering if there was a way to export the tables directly or indersclty into Excel. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike ...