ANOVA table in matlab

Hello,
I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude that two regression have the same slope or not ? Thank you
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206916 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

> I would like to know how to read an ANOVA table in matlab: Which F is the
> F I need? The one corresponding to Group, X or Group*X ? How to conclude
> that two regression have the same slope or not ?

F for Group*X tests for a common slope.
F for X tests for a zero average slope (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)
F for Group tests for a common intercept (mainly of interest if Group*X is
omitted)

-- Tom

0
tlane (613)

Use Of Code Tables
I'm trying to understand at what point the use of code tables contributes to the efficient running of a database when weighed up against the added work of implementing them in data entry and queries. For instance if I have a lookup table called "tblRisk" which has one field called "Risk" containing the values "High", "Medium" and "Low" is it better design to have a second field in the table called "RiskCode" with the numbers 1, 2 and 3 and then use these codes in the data entry form by changing the bound field so that the code i...

Linux/PPC port of MATLAB
Any news on the MATLAB port? [1] says that it isn't supported at the moment. Getting it to compile shouldn't be very hard considering that other UNICes on PPC and Linux/X86 is already supported. [1] <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-18ARX.html?solution=1-18ARX> In article <eefad7f.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, Coffee Drinking Nerd wrote: > Any news on the MATLAB port? [1] says that it isn't supported at the > moment. Getting it to compile shouldn't be very hard considering that > other UNICes on PPC and Linux/X86 is already supported. > > ...

bug in Matlab 7
I obtain different results under v6 and v7 running the following code. Does someone know why? n0 = 1.50; t = [25e-9,50e-9,0.1]; Y = [0.065-4.05*i,1.46-0.01*i,1.00029]; wl = 656e-9; nl = size(t,2); m=1; polarization='p'; for a=35:0.01:50 alfa0 = (pi/180)*a; y00=cos(alfa0)/n0; for j=1:nl alfa(j) = (asin(n0*sin(alfa0)/Y(j))); delta(j) = 2*pi*Y(j)*t(j)*cos(alfa(j))/wl; if polarization=='p' y(j) = cos(alfa(j))/Y(j); elseif polarization=='s' y(j) =Y(j)*cos(alfa(j)); end end M1 = [cos(delta(...

How to display a gauge in a Matlab GUI?
Hi, does anybody know whether there is a good way to implement a gauge in a Matlab GUI? I'd appreciate any ideas greatly!!! Thx in advance Loup "Karoline Schiroslawski" <karoline.schiroslawski@itk- engineering.de> wrote in message <fb3tmt$nb0 $1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > does anybody know whether there is a good way to implement a > gauge in a Matlab GUI? > > I'd appreciate any ideas greatly!!! > Thx in advance > > Loup Try going to the MATLAB File Exchange and search on "thermometer" Saw at leasr 5 different...

Table and text placement.
I have a document with a lot of pages and a few lines of text that I want to come right after a specific table. I noticed that LaTeX might place the text elsewhere, which is not desirable. What can I do to avoid this behaviour? "Angel Tsankov" <BigMan@abv.bg> schrieb: > I have a document with a lot of pages and a few lines of text that I > want to come right after a specific table. I noticed that LaTeX might > place the text elsewhere, which is not desirable. What can I do to > avoid this behaviour? Put the text in the table. Or use one of the advice of the faq...

Can someone explain ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS?
The documentation of this command is extremely unclear and vague? What does the integer argument taken by this command represent? My guess is that it is determining the percentage of the table to inspect for calculating the statistics? If that is so, why is it integer? -- http://mgogala.byethost5.com Mladen Gogala <no@email.here.invalid> wrote: > The documentation of this command is extremely unclear and vague? What > does the integer argument taken by this command represent? My guess is > that it is determining the percentage of the table to inspect fo...

matlab for vista home basic
i have matlab 7.02 and can i use that for vista32bit. ...

Capture existing table
I trashed SQL Server2000 when I added the WINXP SP2, and had to reinstall it. When I did, my database(DEV_DATA) remained intact, but when I go in thru Enterprise Manager, it is not located in the system tree, and is therefore inaccessible. Can anyone suggest how I could get this database included. Have you tried attaching the database? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:17:03 -0400, "William F. O'Neill" <wfoneill@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I trashed SQL Server2000 when I added the WINXP SP2, and had to reinstall >it. When I did, my database(DEV_DATA) remained intact, but...

Problem with table of contents and glossaries
Hi! I'm using Latex with the spanish babel package. I have a Glossary and an Acronyms section in my document. Also, I have them to appear in the table of contents with the tocbibibnd package. However, in the table of contents, "Glossary" and "Acronyms" appear in english, not in spanish. I have tried to redefine the glossaryname and the acronymname, and both entries still appear in english. Any help?? Thanks! On 2010-11-09, AdCs wrote: > Hi! > I'm using Latex with the spanish babel package. > I have a Glossary and an Acronyms sectio...

US-TX-Austin: Analog HW Eng., 5-10yrs industry exp., Spice simulation, C/Matlab; (45337432412)
US-TX-Austin: Analog HW Eng., 5-10yrs industry exp., Spice simulation, C/Matlab; (45337432412) ============================================================================================== Position: Analog HW Eng. Reference: SMC01901 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: MBSEE (MSEE preferred) with experience ranging from 5-10 years. Applicants should have strong skills in the following areas: Spice simulation, c/matlab experience, lab debug, and signal processing. Verilog, DSP skill...

Split master table into smaller tables
I have a master table with over 300,000 records that i need to split into 500+ smaller tables. I have a branch field in the master that i can use as an identifier. I even created a branch table that lists all the 500+ branches that i have. Basically i want to create these new tables and then export them into 500+ xls. files. Is there a VB routine that someone might have to facilitate this. Thanks! Not really. Maybe the easiest way is to create a unique values query on the BranchID and write that to a new table. Then you can loop through thatt table, passing the BranchID to a SELECT query ...

Re: paired anova
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:55:13 +0000, adel F. <adel_tangi@YAHOO.FR> wrote: >Hi , I will thankful for comments on the following problem: I am comparing the results of two methods A and B� to � measure Y (body fat).� � YA and YB are naturally correlated, beacuse each subject has 2 measures yA and yB. I have used Bland&Altman technique to test the aggrement between A and B by computing the bias (mean YA - mean YB). I want to test if there is an age effect on the bias� . I want to compare the bias� of young, middle age and older person. My hypothesis is : H0: (mean YA - mean YB)...

How to compute weighted mean in MATLAB? #2
MATLAB has built-in function var(X,w,dim) to calculate weighted variance, but I didn't find weighted mean :( I need to be able to do this: wmean( rand(4,3,2),[0.33 0.33 0.33],2 ) So I write this code: function R=wmean(X,W,dim) %weighted mean of X along the dimension dim %% PERMUTE METHOD perm_order=[dim 1:dim-1 dim+1:ndims(X)]; X=permute(X, perm_order ); sum1=0; for i=1:size(X,1) sum1 = sum1 + W(i)*X(i,:,:,:,:,:,:,:); end; R=sum1/sum(W); R=ipermute(R,[perm_order]); It is pretty fast but memory consuming.... I thougth about vectorization, but in this case we'll need to expand ...

Embedding images into a table
I want to embed some BMP files into an OLE field (called BMP) in an existing table using code. I've created the code that grabs the filename from the image folder, finds the corresponding record in the table and opens that record for editing (RST.Edit). However, I'm having difficulty putting the image into the OLE field. If I borrow from the code that appears in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/158941, then at RST!BMP.Class = "Paint.Picture" I get the error "Method or data member not found"; ditto with OLETypeAllowed, SorceDoc and Action. If I just try R...

max table size
--=-IHQAyaYiuLhDTdMvYEe6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I'm running a data warehouse in Postgres and I was wondering what the max table size is column-wise and row-wise. I tried to search the lists and documentation on the http://www.postgresql.org and the search isn't working. Thanks, --=20 Alan Carbutt Systems Administrator/Programmer Adams State College 719-587-7741 arcarbut@adams.edu --=-IHQAyaYiuLhDTdMvYEe6 Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc Content-Description: This is a digitally sig...

Motion estimation in MATLAB
Dear all, I want to test my motion estimation algorithm againest other popularly known ME algos. I have my algorithm code in MATLAB. How can I get the other ME algorithms in MATLAB. If you know any links...please send to me. Thanks in advance, Regards, Ramya. Ramya, since you can't expect people to do your work your request will not likely get an answer. Try http://www.google.com/search?q=motion+estimation+matlab to find a few pointers yourself. --smb ramya_desai@yahoo.com (Ramya) wrote in message news:<3bc7cf34.0406102325.3a0887c@posting.google.com>... > Dear all, > ...

I need to make this reading table urgnetly!!!
Hello, I am in a situation very complicated.I am doing my final project and founded many doubts,please help me urgently. I am using labview 5.1 in my university. I saw a VI in labview 7.1 which it is all i need for my project, but i can' t do this in labview 5.1.I am trying to do this but it is very difficult. Could you help me?? I am sending a jpeg of this vi.And i am sending the function that causes difficulties for me in labview 5.1 I founded this VI at the labview site . This VI&nbsp; do a table, fill different values for each cell. &nbsp;Thanks a lot and please helpme ...

Number of Columns in a table.
I have an entity which has got 900 Attributes. All the attributes are of type number(15). How do i store it ?I do not want to normalize it as it consumes more space and affects query performance. Is it recommended to store in a single table with 900 columns. My max rows size will be 10K and we are using block size of 16K. Are there any guidelines which says on how many columns and under what circumstances ? I think that the decision whether to store all 900 columns as one row should be made not on the number of columns or length of the row but rather on if the following conditions are true:...

anova
Hello Is the anova command of matlab is an anova for repeated measures? If not How could I do to get an anova for repeated measure? thanks ...

MATLAB CRASHES!!
I Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under Windows XP Sp2 When I open Matlab, the working area comes up but it immediately cloeses so fast before I can even do anything. my laptop has an AMD SEMPRON 3003 processor if that helps. please help. thanks! "jj " <lasborn.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote in message news:fcs8dd$1d6$1@fred.mathworks.com... >I Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under > Windows XP Sp2 > > When I open Matlab, the working area comes up but > it immediately cloeses so fast before I can even do > anything. > > my laptop has an A...

ANOVA or ?? #2
Can somebody help me out with sorting this problem? I have five animal species (fish, frog, lizard, bird and mammal). In each animal I have taken liver, kidney, lungs, alimentary canal and gonads in which I have tested concentrations of lipids (HDL, LDL and total lipid), protein (basic, acidic, and total protein) and carbohydrates (glucose, lactose, glycogen and total carbohydrates). I want to test the following differences: Whether concentrations of total biochemicals (total of lipids, proteins and carbohydrates) differ significantly in fish liver, kidney, lungs etc. I wish ...

What means a blank between two Tags in CSS ? How to setup a margin top of a TABLE?
When I inspect a CSS I found entries of the kind TABLE TD { .... } Mind the blank betwen the two tags! What does that mean? Do all following instructions apply to the list of tags before? I thought such a list will be concatenated by commas. Furthermore I would like to setup a margin before (=to the top/north) of a TABLE. Can I simply write margintop: 20px; Or how do I specify it otherwise? Camille Op 13-2-2010 16:28, Camille Petersen schreef: > When I inspect a CSS I found entries of the kind > > TABLE TD { .... } > > Mind the blank betwen the t...

US-TX-Austin: Director of Engineering,Matlab,Mathcad/Omnisys,CMOS,BiCMOS (45357432404)
US-TX-Austin: Director of Engineering,Matlab,Mathcad/Omnisys,CMOS,BiCMOS (45357432404) ====================================================================================== Position: Director of Engineering Reference: ZYD00144 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Familiarity with discrete-time and continuous-time design, simulation and modeling issues. Hands-on experience designing and shipping high-volume commercial DSM ICs and communications ICs that operate at GHz frequencies. Experience ...

simple(ish) matlab calculations (help needed please)
hello everyone, new to these forums im very new to matlab and am having some issues i'd hope some of you guys could possibly help me with i have formed a system equation and i am now being asked to 'write some code to calculate frequency response' and also to plot amplitude response and phase response (or delay) im unsure really what to do, i have been playing with the freqz function in matlab, but have had little success any help anyone can provide would be brilliant thanks everyone ch00se <robgazza@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message <6159585.1201710869844.JavaMail.ja...

Differences In Digits between Matlab and Maple
so I was wondering if anyone could help explain the following....... In Maple I execute Digits := 100 evalf(5*sin(15*Pi*(1/16))) and it returns 0.9754516100806413392414243423851112046384580887597740387725104474738165939296229011266265461704519090 In Matlab I execute digits(100) pi2=vpa(pi) vpa(sin((pi2*15)/16))*5 and it returns 0.9754516100806413392414243423851112046384580887597740387725104474738165939296229011266265461704519100 hence there is a difference in the last few digits In maple ....519090 In matlab .... 519100 The problem is vpa(pi). A hint, why are the following two lines...