berlekamp and bch code

hello , i've read berlekamp mfile and i'd like to know if i use bch code is it necessary to find the omega or the omega just needed only if your code is ReedSolomon code?
how can i write to Katherine Kwong who is the author of the berlekamp mfile?
and does matlab have program for bch non primitive code?
thank you so much for ur attention..
0
sa2cia (10)
7/28/2007 8:16:27 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206980 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

cannot link assembler code to CVF 6.6 code
I must be missing something very obvious, but my first attempt to do mixed-language programming with Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 bombs on link. Profiling said my program exploss.f90 was spending huge amounts of time in my random number generator (numerous executions, not a super-complex generator), so I rewrote it in assembler for the P4 to eliminate branches, etc., following CVF online help instructions and the (very) few supplied MASM/CVF examples. In relevant part, the ASM code reads: ;!dec$ attributes STDCALL, ALIAS:'_Lecuyer@0' :: Lecuyer _Lecuyer@...

Stack Implementation Code
Expression Evaluation in Post-Fix Notation Using Stack ===================== /* This program has been made by Ashif Zubair. Roll # 1468, B.Sc.(Hons.) in C.S. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED TO ASHIF ZUBAIR. PROGRAM OBJECTIVE :- */ #include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> class stack { private: char *sspace; int tos; public: stack(); int ssize; void push(char); char pop(); int isempty(); int isfull(); }stk; /* Class Functions */ stack::stack() { clrscr(); tos = -1; cout<<"Enter Stack Size : "; cin>>ssize; clrscr(); } void sta...

who 'own' my sas codes?
I worked on a project for over a year. The work environment was never nice to begin with and things start to worsen recently, a lot of yelling and verbal abuses in the office. I plan to leave but the problem is: who 'own' my sas codes? Can I leave the office taking my codes with me? My concern is: no one in the office knows SAS and after I leave, they may fool around with my programs, completely mess things up and then accuse me of not writing a good program. Or even worse, they use my programs to do stupid things and claim it's me/my program who did that. Any advice? K. Kitty , ...

any trick to allow anonymous code blocks in python?
Is there any metaclass trick or something similar to allow anonymous code blocks? I'd like to be able to let users do something like this fictitious example: b = Button() b.OnClick =: print "you clicked me" But that would require adding a special "=:" operator to bind a code block to a function. Is there any PEP for something like that? I see 310 might allow: b=Button() with b.OnClick: print "you clicked me" I know I can already do it like these examples: def OnClick(self,event): print "you clicked me" b.OnClick = OnClick or b = ...

debug remote code and server in local machine using eclipse
HI!I have a code and jboss server on a remote machine and I would like todebug that code on my local machine with eclipse .What way is to do it?It's not just debugging the local code with remote jboss, it'sdebugging the remote codeThanks...

OT: Why I do not like to code on Windows
Code4Bill was a student contest to be Bill Gates' personal intern and was recently won by Abishek Kumarasubramanian, from Madras, India. Blog at MSN: http://blogs.msdn.com/code4bill/archive/2005/12/09/code4bill_begins.aspx They have to be building a hotter kind of hell for bwgates... Thundercleets wrote: > Code4Bill was a student contest to be Bill Gates' personal intern and > was recently won by Abishek Kumarasubramanian, from Madras, India. > > Blog at MSN: > http://blogs.msdn.com/code4bill/archive/2005/12/09/code4bill_begins.aspx > > They have to be buildin...

Character coding in KDE 3.3.x
Hi everybody, Is it still possible to change to character coding used by KDE 3.3.x? I used to use ISO8859-15 but appently, it is set to UTF-8. All my text files were in ISO8859-15 and I couldn't do any search containing accented characters. I converted them to UTF-8 so it works again. But I can't do that to my HTML files of which the charset is also ISO8859-15 and must stay so to be exported to the web. So I can't search through them any more. If you have various related files in text and in HTML, it's very annoying, to say the least. That's why I used ISO8859-15 wh...

What is this code doing? #2
Hello, dispose() is a function of dragtool. In the code below, its called but without the (). if(parent->dragTool != null) { parent->dragTool.dispose; } Under MS visual studio 7.1, this compiles. But not under 8. The question is, what is it really doing under 7.1. Is it making the function call, or does it think that this is some kind of function reference? Thanks. On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 00:38:34 +0200, oddvark <dgrdinh@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, > > dispose() is a function of dragtool. In the code below, its called > but without the (). > >...

Win32api code for IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_HANDFLOW
Hi there: Dose anyone knows the mapping win32 api/settings for the portmon logs on opening COMPORT? The result is as follow: 1 IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_BAUD_RATE Serial1 SUCCESS Rate: 9600 2 IOCTL_SERIAL_CLR_RTS Serial1 SUCCESS 3 IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_DTR Serial1 SUCCESS 4 IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_LINE_CONTROL Serial1 SUCCESS StopBits: 1 Parity: EVEN WordLength: 8 5 IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_CHAR Serial1 SUCCESS EOF:0 ERR:0 BRK:0 EVT:0 XON:11 XOFF:13 6 IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_HANDFLOW Serial1 SUCCESS Shake:59 Replace:80000000 XonLimit:2048 XoffLimit:512 What I do not understand is the "IOCTL_SERIA...

Code required #3
I am doing research in medical image compression I need MATLAB code for JPEG LS standard to compare it with my technique. If any one guide me from where can I get it or if any one can send me? Thankyou all. ...

how to understand the java code wrapping around C or other dependency libraries?
Our java program(running on linux) needs calling a C program installed on o= ur linux machine. It works fine!=20 The thing I don't understand is when we deliver our product(the Java progra= m) to our clients, who are using the same version Red Hat linux machines as= us, but don't have that C program installed(it's very painful to install t= hat C program for us due to the fact that the Red Hat version was old and t= he dependency library files are either out-of-dated or just not there. It t= ook us a great amount of effort to install that C program. So we cannot ass= ume...

Shifting error codes
Hi, The code I maintain used to shift values meant as exit codes. # Shift the status up so it looks like an exit status. $rc = $2 << 8; This practice seemed justified by the paragraph on $? in perlvar, although, and this is my question, I am not sure how to read it anymore. I found that the return codes were not as expected: $ perl -e 'exit 255'; echo $? 255 $ perl -e 'exit 256'; echo $? 0 So, should one ever shift codes leftwards, or only rightwards codes received from sub-processes? Thanks, Marc Marc Girod <marc.girod@gmail.com> wrote: > The...

C++ codes in javascript
Is it possible to enter or call c++ code blocks from javascript functions? If so, how? Thanks wrote on 24 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript: > Is it possible to enter or call c++ code blocks from javascript > functions? If so, how? In a browser? -- Evertjan. The Netherlands. (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress) Yeah. Is there any other way to run javascripts except in browsers? PS I am kind of new to javascripts. On May 24, 7:04 am, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...@interxnl.net> wrote: > wrote on 24 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript: > >...

[ANN] j2Perl 2.0 -- Allowing Java to access Perl code
Source: http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.co=ADm/catalog/ (Follow "Java Add-ons" link) j2Perl 2.0 -- provides the ability to use Perl code in Java. This implementation is elegant and intuitive. Java is already powerful, but when combined with Perl, Java becomes turbo-charged. Usage: String ret; j2Perl pl =3D new j2Perl ("58"); //Load j2perl58.dll which was linked to perl58.dll ret =3D pl.eval ("mkdir 'h:/aa'"); ret =3D pl.eval ("mkdir 'h:/aa'; mkdir 'h:/bb';"); ret =3D pl.eval ("...

What about code blocks (not Forth blocks)?
Hello all, I'm just wondering, what is common opinion (if it exists) about using code blocks (something like 'quotes' in Retro forth) among experienced Forthers? Would it be a valuable addition to Forth? Just for example here a very naive Gforth-specific implementation of local code blocks (i.e not intended to be used anywhere but only inside a word definition): <code> \ Gforth-specific blocks 0 >body constant BODY-OFFSET :noname ; @ constant CFA-VALUE variable cfa-addr \ LOCAL-EXIT is EXIT that keeps locals : local-exit postpone ;s ; immediate : [| ( ...

Asm code to C code
Hi, please forgive me if i'm sending this post in the wrong place, and please don't tell me to post it in another group, because if i found a better one i'd have already done it. I'm writing a thesis and i'm in real hurry. I have an old c code which i cannot compile correctly. I am using the Dev-Cpp 4 compiler. Anyway, my question is: i have already solved most of the problems deleting some parts of the code which used graphics i don't need (and by the way cannot even see using winxp) but i have a function i cannot delete which is written in ASM. I know what are you thi...

Inversion-less Berlekamp-Massey in Matlab?
I'm trying to get a Matlab implementation of the inversionless Berlekamp-Massey algorithm and I'm having a surprising devil of a time getting it to work properly. I had an implementation working for a simple (7,3) code but it failed to work for a larger (255,239) code. Can anyone point me to a good matlab implementation of this? Or at least a reliable spec on the algorithm? ...

Delphi Code that = $$$ :: ?
Ok its great that I can make delphi say Hello World!! and do a few other tricks but ... What do people actually get payed for programming? I know a lot of it is sharewhere and ive seen websites where people post what they want there little applications to do and then someone does it for 10$ but after spending all this time mastering a language and someone at burger king can be making more then you i mean it seems crazy -- i always though of a programmer as someone who doesent have a life but makes lots of $. Right now all the money seems to be in DBA with oricle but that can/wil...

Programming Linux Games
--=-dBxq17bXBpnIFM9LsWGW Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, If you have the fantastic book from NoStarch called "Programming Linux Games" (Loki Software + John R. Hall, ISBN 1-886411-49-2) and have downloaded the source from their website, you will have had no end of problems getting the code to compile cleanly, if indeed at all! Help is at hand! I have now updated the source code so that everything will compile cleanly and in some cases, actually compile! The files can be found at http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/linux...

how the value in simulink converted into vhdl code by using HDL Coder
Good morning, to anyone who familiar with HDL Coder, based on this Link : www.mathworks.com/products/fixed-point-designer/features.html#code-generation it was stated that The generated code is in bit-true agreement with your model, enabling your design to perform as it did in simulation. The generated code automatically handles all the details of implementing fixed-point designs, such as scaling adjustment, rounding, and advanced fixed-point math. You can generate code for signals and parameters with word sizes from 1 to 128 bits. You can use the generated code for a variety of applicati...

US-TX-Austin: SW Applications Eng., C programming,code development,GUI (45360157608)
US-TX-Austin: SW Applications Eng., C programming,code development,GUI (45360157608) ==================================================================================== Position: SW Applications Eng. Reference: ZYD00018 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: 5+ years of C programming experience. 3+ years of low-level code development Ability to debug software and hardware issues. GUI development experience. Experience with hardware design is a plus. Scope: Work with design team to capture applica...

source code verification
hi. i want to verify that the source code of the application in execution is as per the original source code that was used to develop the application. can someone guide me how i should go about doing this. thanks in advance On Jul 25, 2:22 pm, dani <danish_...@hotmail.com> wrote: > hi. > > i want to verify that the source code of the application in execution > is as per the original source code that was used to develop the > application. can someone guide me how i should go about doing this. > thanks in advance I'm not sure I understand what you are going after...

matlab code to protege code
hi friends i doing my project in matlab (semantic content extraction in video using fuzzy ontology) so i need help for 1) matlab code for low and high feature extraction of an image 2)how i convert matlab files(.m files) to input file for protoge software plz help me............. thanks in advance ...

Comment on my code style
Greetings: I am learning Verilog from the book "A Verilog Primer 2nd. ed." by J. Bhasker. Here's my crack at a digital one shot. It works fine, or course, since I have already used it in real hardware. But I am interested in pointers on coding style or any other comments people might like to make: Note: some of the delays and the initial statement are for making the functional simulation work, but I know they get ignored during synthesis. ---------------------------------------------------------- /* This module implements a digital one-shot with N-bit resolution. P...

Fortran Code to Pascal Code
I need to write tthe following in Pascal : While this compiles without any problems, I get errors with this part of code : IN FORTRAN real eig(36,5,5,5), diff(36), scores(5) col = 4 row = 1 do i=1,5 scores(i) = sum(eig(1:36,col,row,i)*diff) end do In PASCAL col := 4 row := 1 for i:= 1 to 5 do begin tempsum := 0.0; for j:=1 to 36 do begin tempsum := tempsum + eig[j,col,row,i]*diff[j]; end; scores[i] := tempsum; end; The scores array get different values IN PASCAL with the same data Where is the error? Thanks williamdiazs wrote: > I need to ...