berlekamp and bch code

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hello , i've read berlekamp mfile and i'd like to know if i use bch code is it necessary to find the omega or the omega just needed only if your code is ReedSolomon code?
how can i write to Katherine Kwong who is the author of the berlekamp mfile?
and does matlab have program for bch non primitive code?
thank you so much for ur attention..
0
Reply sa2cia (10) 7/28/2007 8:16:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

RS-Code, Non-binary BCH Code
Hi, everyone, Somebody knows how can i get a RS-likely-Code: (50, 25) in GF(2^4)? I know that, for RS-Code in GF(2^4), there are only (16, k) (k=1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13). Because the algorithm will be implemented on Microcontroller, so I prefer to use GF(2^4). And due to the fact that, the application don't have too much data to send (about 100 bits), it is not suitable to use GF(2^8). Is it possible to modify a BCH-Code to non-binary BCH-likely (50, 25) in GF(2^4)? Help me out of here. Thanks Cheng uvbaz wrote: > Hi, everyone, > > Somebody knows how can i get a RS-likely...

BCH codes
Hi all, I need to implement a BCH encoder in c++. I already have the cod generator polinomial, and know k (the information block length) and n( th codeword length). Does anybody know where I can find some info about how t implement it? Or maybe some freely available code which performs thi encoding in c++? If I got it right, the redundant bits are the reminder of dividin (modulo-2)the information bits by the generator polinomial. But, should add zeros to the information bits before performing the division? I sa this because somewhere I read that I should add as many zeros as th degree of ...

code of BCH
I want to make a code of BCH,first I want to realize (7,4)code. here is I made,but It has not finished Is there anybody know this and help me? thank you for entering and seeing 7-4汉明码.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159988/1/7-4汉明码.vi Well, the full toolkit is not free. But only 2 or 3 vis....it is up to your local NI representative. Alipio ...

bch code
I tried to make some bch code, but when changing the block size computation is very long, code_tx = bchenc(gf(Tx_info),n,k); code_tx_Inpmod = double(code_tx.x); >> is this necessary in the bch code ???? please help immediately ... ...

BCH code help
Anyone here have any experience with BCH error correction coding? I have a project that requires a (252,128) BCH encoding/decoding capability and am having trouble finding any usefull information on the subject that is not designed for someone with a Phd in math. Any pointers, code samples (prefereably for a shorter codeword so I could actually trace it to see what is going on)or references would be greatly appreciated. I do have the genereator polynomial and the spec states I the code is a truncated (255,131) code (I am not really sure what that means. I consider myself a fairly smart indivi...

Puncturing BCH codes
Hi, Does anyone have any references on puncturing BCH codes? Is there a closed form solution for the effect puncturing has on a the codes minimum distance? Is puncturing even done on BCH codes? It seems puncturing a Reed-Solomon code is fairly common, but I am unable to find any mention of punctured BCH codes anywhere. thanks, -Sam On Jun 20, 6:36 pm, samke...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have any references on puncturing BCH codes? Is there a > closed form solution for the effect puncturing has on a the codes > minimum distance? Is puncturing even done on BCH cod...

Shortening BCH codes?
Quick question I'm sure someone can put to bed easily: Is it possible to shorten BCH codes in the same way that you shorten Reed-Solomon? My instinct is yes, but I want to make sure it's not going to do anything evil like reduce the minimum distance... On 8/4/2009 10:58 AM, gct wrote: > Quick question I'm sure someone can put to bed easily: Is it possible to > shorten BCH codes in the same way that you shorten Reed-Solomon? My > instinct is yes, but I want to make sure it's not going to do anything evil > like reduce the minimum distance... Of course it'...

[req]BCH code tutorial
Hello all, I am studing the BCH in DVB-S2. Can you recommand tutorial on BCH code, thanks! Best regards, Davy ...

Concatenate BCH and Convolutional Coding
Hi all, I encountered both BCH coding and convolutional coding. I searched for materials regarding these two coding schemes, and I could not find materials comparing them. I hope if anyone can explain to me under what condition BCH coding is preferred over convolutional coding, and vice versa? Besides, if there is any reason of concatenating BCH and convolutional coding (i.e., the data bits after encoded using BCH encoder is then encoded again by convolutional encoder)? Thank you very much! On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:08:17 AM UTC-5, ywee...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, ...

BCH code for long codeword
hello, another problem. In Matlab BCH code the codeword length is allowed up to n=511. In ITU-T G.975.1 there are many BCH codes with longer n. for example BCH(2040,1930),BCH(2047,1952). How can I do with it? thanks J.Ma Starting with R14SP3 release, the maximum value of n for BCH encoder/decoder is raised to 65535. Here is the link to online documentation (R14SP3) for bchenc: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/comm/bchenc.html btw, which version of Matlab are you using? HTH, Chandresh "J.Ma" <majingxuan2000@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:ef266e...

getting the primitine element of BCH code
Hi, In DVB-S2 there is a BCH code. The specifications only give the generato polynomial which construct the code (actually, it gives the minima polynomials which are the factors of the generator polynomial ove GF(2)). My problem is to find the primitive element which lies in the basis o those minimal polynomials, so I could use the Berlekamp-Massey algorith to decode it. Is there an yway to find it? Thanks! >Hi, > >In DVB-S2 there is a BCH code. The specifications only give the generator >polynomial which construct the code (actually, it gives the minimal >polynomials which ...

BCH(256,16,113) code
I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to implement in VHDL. If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what the appropriate taps are. Anyone done this already? Regards, Kev P. "Niv (KP)" <kev.parsons@mbda-systems.com> wrote in message news:5ac84a5a-5044-4a71-bc3a-b09c38f0eccd@s6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I > think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to > imple...

BCH Codes and parity-check matrix?
Hi, For a normal binary BCH code of length n = 2^m - 1, n - k <= m*t we construct a generator polynomial such that alpha, alpha^2,...,alpha^{2*t) are roots of the generator polynomial (where alpha is a primitive element in GF(2^m). This can be constructed by multiplying the minimal polynomials phi_i(x) (where phi_i is the minimal polynomial of alpha^i). The parity-check matrix is constructed by using the roots: - - H = | 1 alpha alpha^2 ... alpha^{n-1} | | 1 alpha^2 (alpha^2)^2 ... (alpha^2)^{n-1} | |...

Generator polynomial for binary BCH codes
Dear all, I'm reading "Error Control Coding" by Shu and Lin; in their discussion on binary BCH codes, they give the generator polynomial as: g(X) = LCM{ phi_1(X), phi_2(X), ... , phi_2t(X) } [where LCM denotes Least Common Multiple, and phi_i(X) is the minimal polynomial of a^i, where a is a primitive element of GF(2^m)]. However, given that minimal polynomials are irreducible, doesn't this mean that the phi_i(X) above have no factors, hence phi_i(X) and phi_j(X) have no common factors (for any i and j), and hence using LCM{.} is redundant? Any insight apprecia...

soft decision decoder for binary BCH codes
Hi, Is there a good algorithms to perform soft decision decoding (maybe iterative) for binary BCH codes ? Thanks. edim <edim0@walla.com> wrote: >Is there a good algorithms to perform soft decision decoding (maybe >iterative) for binary BCH codes ? If the number r of check bits is reasonably small you can use a Viterbi, BCJR, or generalized Viterbi algorithm with 2^r states. Constructing the appropriate trellis is quite simple. The BCJR algorithm will give you the same exact result as a brute-force, maximum-likelyhood decoder that searches all possible codewords. "Smal...

Practical differences between BCH and Reed-Solomon codes?
So I've got a Reed-Solomon codec that will work for a range of code parameters, and I'm looking to extend it (or at least use it as a starting point) for a binary BCH decoder that is similarly flexible. I thought I'd bounce my understanding of the practical differences between BCH and RS codes off of comp.dsp to see if I'm missing any important points. Primary Difference 1: To calculate the generator polynomial for Reed-Solomon, you can simply build a polynomial that has roots at powers of alpha from a^m0 to a^(m0+2*T-1) where alpha is a primitive element in the field. Fo...

Generating BCH Codes for Forward Error Correction
Has anybody created VIs for generating BCH (Bose-Chaudhuri-Hochquenghem) error correction codes? I need to generate the codes for a 16 bit data packet. I've found samples in C on the web (http://www.eccpage.com/) but nothing in LV. Thanks, -dave I am not familiar with BCH, however you can call C DLLs in LabVIEW as well as Matlab. So you could compile thier C code into a DLL and call it using the Call Library Function Node. For more information on that refer to <a href="http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/webAdvsearch/8D930295FFBF9F7686256D2C00624728?OpenDocument&vid=niwc&am...

Why use BCH but not RS as out-code in DVB-S2?
Hello all, I am simulating the ECC code in DVB-S2. I found the error after LDPC decoding is mostly burst errors. And papers said when handling burst errors, Reed-solomon is better than BCH. But why use BCH? Is BCH's decoder simpler than RS? Any ideas will be appreciated. Best Regards, Davy On 24 Apr 2005 01:31:32 -0700, "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I am simulating the ECC code in DVB-S2. I found the error after LDPC >decoding is mostly burst errors. And papers said when handling burst >errors, Reed-solomon is better than BCH. But wh...

getting the primitine element of BCH code #2
Hi, In DVB-S2 there is a BCH code. The specifications only give the generato polynomial which construct the code (actually, it gives the minima polynomials which are the factors of the generator polynomial ove GF(2)). My problem is to find the primitive element which lies in the basis o those minimal polynomials, so I could use the Berlekamp-Massey algorith to decode it. Is there an yway to find it? Thanks! ...

4-bit or 12-bit BCH code
Hi, I am looking for C code for 4-bit or 12-bit BCH error correction code (free or to purchase). We are building a Data Acquisition system where data gets written into NAND flash once are is read once. The processor is ARM 9. The encoding code has to fast and efficient. Decoding can take more CPU cycles. Please share with me any information you have. Thanks Harish hrshk wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for C code for 4-bit or 12-bit BCH error correction code > (free or to purchase). Here is a BCH code 32.21 (just for example): http://www.abvolt.com/research/research.htm#...

Can we correct 2t errors in a BCH code?
Hi, I am facing a problem while using a BCH code in a project. The nature of the project demands that, instead of t, we have to correct 2t errors. I know this is not possible in general but here we have t dependent errors, i.e., out of these 2t errors, only t are independent. Now there may be a way to find the locations of those t errors and this will automatically give us the location of the other t errors. In our case, if we find t errors in first half of the codeword, we will find the remaining errors. If we have an error at index i, then we will also have an error at index i+(n/2) where n...

looking for Hamming+BCH+Reed
Hi, do you have any idea where can I find implementations of the Hamming +BCH+Reed - Solomon Codes in Perl? Thanks in advance -Amir In article <dc815c7b-b3ee-41b6-92d6-51efce6bb66a@f42g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, Amir <sting.t2@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > do you have any idea where can I find implementations of the Hamming > +BCH+Reed - Solomon Codes in Perl? A quick search at <http://search.cpan.org> for 'hamming' reveals the Algorithm::Hamming::Perl module. Only a couple of hits for 'reed-solomon', and they don't look too promi...

decode very long BCH codes (DVB-S-2)
Hello all, I'm looking for efficient algorithm to decode very long BCH codes (up to BCH(65535,65343) which are in the DVB-S-2. Using the Berlekamp algorithm seem to be possible to find the locator polynomial. But the Chien algorithm need to test 65535 positions!!!! If someone know a better way to implement in C and in VHDL, please tell me. Thanks in advance for your help, Cedric Lehobey ...

BCH code length must be 2^m -1 ??
Hello all, Matlab supply the bchenc function, but it said the code length must be 2^m -1. Could code length not equal to 2^m -1? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Best regards, Davy "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116850949.771699.222780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hello all, > > Matlab supply the bchenc function, but it said the code length must be > 2^m -1. > Could code length not equal to 2^m -1? Yes, the code length can be any divisor of 2^m - 1 also. Perhaps Matlab does not support this option.... ...