berlekamp and bch code

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hello , i've read berlekamp mfile and i'd like to know if i use bch code is it necessary to find the omega or the omega just needed only if your code is ReedSolomon code?
how can i write to Katherine Kwong who is the author of the berlekamp mfile?
and does matlab have program for bch non primitive code?
thank you so much for ur attention..
0
Reply sa2cia (10) 7/28/2007 8:16:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

RS-Code, Non-binary BCH Code
Hi, everyone, Somebody knows how can i get a RS-likely-Code: (50, 25) in GF(2^4)? I know that, for RS-Code in GF(2^4), there are only (16, k) (k=1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13). Because the algorithm will be implemented on Microcontroller, so I prefer to use GF(2^4). And due to the fact that, the application don't have too much data to send (about 100 bits), it is not suitable to use GF(2^8). Is it possible to modify a BCH-Code to non-binary BCH-likely (50, 25) in GF(2^4)? Help me out of here. Thanks Cheng uvbaz wrote: > Hi, everyone, > > Somebody knows how can i get a RS-likely...

To Code or Not to Code?
Just read a paper with the very interesting title, "To code or not to code: lossy source-channel communication revisited", Gastpar et al, IEEE Trans Information Theory, May 2003, p 1147. It's available for free here... http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~gastpar/01197846.pdf As far as I can tell, the idea is that although source and channel coding can be separated without loss of optimality (Shannon) it can be overly complex, and less complex systems can get close to this opimality by combining source and channel coding, or at least matching them in some way. This sounds like a pret...

BCH codes
Hi all, I need to implement a BCH encoder in c++. I already have the cod generator polinomial, and know k (the information block length) and n( th codeword length). Does anybody know where I can find some info about how t implement it? Or maybe some freely available code which performs thi encoding in c++? If I got it right, the redundant bits are the reminder of dividin (modulo-2)the information bits by the generator polinomial. But, should add zeros to the information bits before performing the division? I sa this because somewhere I read that I should add as many zeros as th degree of ...

Coding to the ][, Coding to the ///?
Now that I've gotten some very limited /// stuff running (thanks to MESS)...I've been thinking of trying to code to the ///. Fortunately, getting software to the emulated /// is a snap. I'd just use the same strategy as I use for the ][, using the emulated ][+ from ApplePC. Save to a ProDOS disk, boot on the ///. The questions become a bit more complex here. 1. I assume the 40x24 text mode works similarly to the ][. Running on MESS, part of the text screen would periodically get "colorized", and I suspect the color memory is stored on text page 2. This woul...

code of BCH
I want to make a code of BCH,first I want to realize (7,4)code. here is I made,but It has not finished Is there anybody know this and help me? thank you for entering and seeing 7-4汉明码.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159988/1/7-4汉明码.vi Well, the full toolkit is not free. But only 2 or 3 vis....it is up to your local NI representative. Alipio ...

bch code
I tried to make some bch code, but when changing the block size computation is very long, code_tx = bchenc(gf(Tx_info),n,k); code_tx_Inpmod = double(code_tx.x); >> is this necessary in the bch code ???? please help immediately ... ...

Why is this code not the same as that code?
---- this code* ---- procedure TChatForm.FileListenItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin FileListenItem.Checked := not FileListenItem.Checked; if FileListenItem.Checked then begin ClientSocket.Active := False; ServerSocket.Active := True; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := 'Listening...'; end else begin if ServerSocket.Active then ServerSocket.Active := False; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := ''; end; end; procedure TChatForm.FileConnectItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin if ClientSocket.Active then ClientSocket.Active := False; if Inp...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

[...]

BCH code help
Anyone here have any experience with BCH error correction coding? I have a project that requires a (252,128) BCH encoding/decoding capability and am having trouble finding any usefull information on the subject that is not designed for someone with a Phd in math. Any pointers, code samples (prefereably for a shorter codeword so I could actually trace it to see what is going on)or references would be greatly appreciated. I do have the genereator polynomial and the spec states I the code is a truncated (255,131) code (I am not really sure what that means. I consider myself a fairly smart indivi...

Puncturing BCH codes
Hi, Does anyone have any references on puncturing BCH codes? Is there a closed form solution for the effect puncturing has on a the codes minimum distance? Is puncturing even done on BCH codes? It seems puncturing a Reed-Solomon code is fairly common, but I am unable to find any mention of punctured BCH codes anywhere. thanks, -Sam On Jun 20, 6:36 pm, samke...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have any references on puncturing BCH codes? Is there a > closed form solution for the effect puncturing has on a the codes > minimum distance? Is puncturing even done on BCH cod...

Shortening BCH codes?
Quick question I'm sure someone can put to bed easily: Is it possible to shorten BCH codes in the same way that you shorten Reed-Solomon? My instinct is yes, but I want to make sure it's not going to do anything evil like reduce the minimum distance... On 8/4/2009 10:58 AM, gct wrote: > Quick question I'm sure someone can put to bed easily: Is it possible to > shorten BCH codes in the same way that you shorten Reed-Solomon? My > instinct is yes, but I want to make sure it's not going to do anything evil > like reduce the minimum distance... Of course it'...

good code, bad code, magic code
i've discovered (on my server) that it doesn't seem to be necessary to call data from a form via $_POST, or to retrieve cookies via $_COOKIE, and other such things; they are available by name alone. however, i've heard that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. my question: is this considered bad practice? also, when submitting a file via <input name="file" type="file" /> i find that not only does $file get set, but $file_name and others also "magically" get set... I guess I just find that odd coming from C++ where noth...

[req]BCH code tutorial
Hello all, I am studing the BCH in DVB-S2. Can you recommand tutorial on BCH code, thanks! Best regards, Davy ...

Concatenate BCH and Convolutional Coding
Hi all, I encountered both BCH coding and convolutional coding. I searched for materials regarding these two coding schemes, and I could not find materials comparing them. I hope if anyone can explain to me under what condition BCH coding is preferred over convolutional coding, and vice versa? Besides, if there is any reason of concatenating BCH and convolutional coding (i.e., the data bits after encoded using BCH encoder is then encoded again by convolutional encoder)? Thank you very much! On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:08:17 AM UTC-5, ywee...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, ...

Code to compile a code
In a c program I have a var with the name of a file that I want to compile, how would I compile it using c code? Profetas <xuxu_18@yahoo.com> wrote: > In a c program I have a var with the name of a file that I want to compile, > how would I compile it using c code? Probably by cobbling together a string with the command to invoke the compiler, using your variable, and than feeding it to the system() function. Regards, Jens -- \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ Jens.Toerring@physik.fu-berlin.de \__________________________ http://www.toerring....

BCH code for long codeword
hello, another problem. In Matlab BCH code the codeword length is allowed up to n=511. In ITU-T G.975.1 there are many BCH codes with longer n. for example BCH(2040,1930),BCH(2047,1952). How can I do with it? thanks J.Ma Starting with R14SP3 release, the maximum value of n for BCH encoder/decoder is raised to 65535. Here is the link to online documentation (R14SP3) for bchenc: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/comm/bchenc.html btw, which version of Matlab are you using? HTH, Chandresh "J.Ma" <majingxuan2000@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:ef266e...

Code to display my code
Hi all, I am taking a class in PHP and thought that it would be nice to display the PHP code that generated my pages when the user clicked a link (or submit button). I have seen page that will display the underlying HTML on the page and it would be a nice touch...I think Is there a way to do this? TIA, Miki Michelle wrote: > I am taking a class in PHP and thought that it would be nice to display > the PHP code that generated my pages when the user clicked a link (or > submit button). I have seen page that will display the underlying HTML > on the page and it would be a n...

changing code by code
hi y'all! i want to implement a few macros to help me do my coding; when calling a macro: how i can i find out in which module i'm currently in; at which position and what text i have selected. it's gotta be possible somehow, but the screen-objekt really isn't of much help. can anyone help me? thanks in advance! mike maercker I don't know about macros. You might be able to use them to run code you write. But if you are up to coding, you need to set a reference to the 'Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3'. It provides the interface for ...

M code into programming C code or MATLAB programming code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length...

Virtual Key Codes, Scan Codes and ASCII Codes in C
Not sure if this is the right board but it is in c... I've got a console program written in c which receives key presses and gets a Windows Virtual key code. I am trying to convert it to the exact ascii value the user has typed. so if shift is down it should be a capital otherwise lower case etc. I started with this: void printKey(int key) { printf("Key: %c\n", key); } and I got all upper case (not really suprising) so then after a bit of research and grafting I came up with this: int vk2ascii(unsigned int vk, int *s) { int scan; unsigned char state[256]; HKL layout=GetK...

getting the primitine element of BCH code
Hi, In DVB-S2 there is a BCH code. The specifications only give the generato polynomial which construct the code (actually, it gives the minima polynomials which are the factors of the generator polynomial ove GF(2)). My problem is to find the primitive element which lies in the basis o those minimal polynomials, so I could use the Berlekamp-Massey algorith to decode it. Is there an yway to find it? Thanks! >Hi, > >In DVB-S2 there is a BCH code. The specifications only give the generator >polynomial which construct the code (actually, it gives the minimal >polynomials which ...

BCH(256,16,113) code
I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to implement in VHDL. If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what the appropriate taps are. Anyone done this already? Regards, Kev P. "Niv (KP)" <kev.parsons@mbda-systems.com> wrote in message news:5ac84a5a-5044-4a71-bc3a-b09c38f0eccd@s6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I > think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to > imple...