binary image registration

hi all:

i need some advice on how to register two binary images. i will use a rigid transformation (translation, rotation and scale) for that purpose. i am used to register grayscale images but now things are very different.

i used to code a cost function, define the transformation model and then let, for instance, fmincon get the optimum.

for my present goal i tried the same approach, but when it comes to interpolate the image to register for the cost function value calculation, i could not use linear or bicubic it wouldn't make sense having, for example, .5 bit values...  so i changed the interpolation method to nearest but other problems appeared. i could not make fmincon to vary the optimization variable so it would check the cost function value somewhere else besides the on its initial value. besides this, due to the nearest interpolation method, i don't know if it is very orthodox to use fmincon on a non differentiable cost function.

i would appreciate comments on this, references and anything you would like to add.

thanks in advance

mut
0
mutante51 (114)
12/2/2008 12:29:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207214 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

> but when it comes to interpolate the image to register for the cost function value calculation, i could not use linear or bicubic it wouldn't make sense having, for example, .5 bit values...

Why not? The interpolation is only meant to serve the registration operation.

In any case, some non-iterative methods you might want to try, discussed in previous threads, are based on the Fourier and Radon transforms ( the latter requires the Image Proc. Toolbox)

If your two images are X and Y, then you can estimate the rotation by comparing

abs(fft(radon(X)))
abs(fft(radon(Y)))

One of them will appear shifted with respect to the other in an amount corresponding to the rotation angle. By measuring the shift using your favorite method (e.g. cross-correlation), you get an estimate of rotation.

After undoing rotation, you can like at the phase plots to get the translation

angle(fft2(Y)/fft2(X))

or you can do a centroid measurement.

Another way to estimate rotation is to calculate an edge map of your two images and take their gradient vectors [gx,gy]using diff(). If you then histogram the angles of the gradient vectors atan2(gy,gx), you will see a shift in the histogram of one image with respect to the other. The shift again corresponds to the rotation angle and can again be extracted using your favorite method.

Re: Convert EBCDIC rep of binary to binary #11
Matt, You need to know what was the field's representation on the z/OS and how it was moved to the ASCII platform (where I assume you are trying to read it). If the transfer was done by FTP not in the BINARY mode, retransfer in BINARY, which is the only mode that ought to be used for things of this nature. Now determine the format of the field on the mainframe. If it was written by a COBOL, find its layout. If it was done by SAS (on the Real Computer), find the formats being used. If the field is Cobol PIC X(d) / SAS $CHARd. - use $EBCDICd. informat (d=width). Otherwise use one of the s...

WHAT AN MASSIVE INCOME FROM HOME JOB!!! YOU NEVER IMAGE THIS MONTHLY INCOME!!!! GET MORE MONEY FROM HOME! $3000 TO $5000 EVERY MONTH! NO INVESTMENTS REQUIRED!
WHAT AN MASSIVE INCOME FROM HOME JOB!!! YOU NEVER IMAGE THIS MONTHLY INCOME!!!! GET MORE MONEY FROM HOME! $3000 TO $5000 EVERY MONTH! NO INVESTMENTS REQUIRED! EARN MORE MONEY BY LEARN SFI, NO NEED TO INVEST ANY MONEY. INVEST 1 OR 2 HOURS A DAY IN INTERNET AND EARN $150 - $200 EVERY DAY. THIS WORK DOES NOT NEED OR INVOLVES OR REQUIRES ANY SALE OR PURCHASE (i.e., THEY ARE ALL FREE ACTIVITIES). FOR MORE DETAILS CHECK THE FOLLOWING LINK http://www.ezinfocenter.com/10126984/CB .. FILL IN THE DETAILS REQUESTED IN THE WEB PAGE & CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION BY CHECKING THE LINK REFLECTED IN Y...

Printing Palm Screen Images
I've designed a minor Palm application using the Pendragon software. I'd like to be able to print out the image of the Pendragon form which appears on the Palm Pilot but haven't found a way to do so. Can this be done with the Palm or Pendragon software or will I have to buy something else to get the actual screen image on the Palm to print? Thanks, Paul On 11 Nov 2003 12:52:22 -0800, Paul said... > I've designed a minor Palm application using the Pendragon software. > I'd like to be able to print out the image of the Pendragon form which > appea...

write to binary binary file
Hello I'm trying to write the received waveform to a binary file but when I plot the binary file I get a wrong signal. Please help I attached the my VI and a picture of the wrong waveform thank you   binary file.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/333268/1/binary file.vi binary data.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/333268/2/binary data.JPG It's not only how you write it, but also how you read it later. How do you read the file?   Still your code makes very little sense and I recommend that you start with some tutorials or look at some shi...

image to coe file conversion
I've been working on image processing. I want to convert the image file in to coe file so that it can be loaded in to block memory generator. I've got this matlab code. When I run this code it show that there's an error in line 1. but to me everything look fine. Please help me out! Function img2 = IMG2coe8(‘Tulips.jpg’,‘Tulips.coe’) % Create .coe file from .jpg image % .coe file contains 8-bit words (bytes) % each byte contains one 8-bit pixel % color byte: [R2,R1,R0,G2,G1,G0,B1,B0] % img2 = IMG2coe8(imgfile, outfile) % img2 is 8-bit color image % imgfile = input .jpg fi...

Binary compatibility
Hello, May a binary generated on a DEC OSF/1 V4.0 run safely on a Tru64 v4.0F OS ? Regards, Fabien In article <40c9e591.0503290829.109003d@posting.google.com>, the_edge123.nospam@club-internet.fr (Fabien R) wrote: > Hello, > > May a binary generated on a DEC OSF/1 V4.0 run safely on a Tru64 v4.0F OS ? > > Regards, > Fabien was it safe before? Generally speaking the Tru64 UNIX developers attempt to allow executables compiled on older versions of the operating system to run, unmodified, on newer versions of the OS. The exception to this i...

Image feature extraction using wavelets
hi everyone.. I'm entirely new to matlab and at present I'm working on image processing. I started with image segmentation and then I wanted to apply a wavelet on my image to extract features. I want code to apply biorthogonal wavelet on an image to get texture and intensity features from it. Please help. "Ramya D" <rams852@gmail.com> wrote in message <hj150u$slr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hi everyone.. > I'm entirely new to matlab and at present I'm working on image processing. > I started with image segmentation and then I wanted to apply a wav...

from boundary tracing back to the images
hello Dears I have 6 bananas (non touching) on a single image. I wanted to determinee the mean rgb values of individual bababas. I converted the image in to BW images. Then, I used boundary tracing algorithms and detected individual boundaries. My question is how can I get the rgb values of individual bababas? thanks On Jan 30, 3:09=A0pm, "David Edson" <toja...@example.com> wrote: > hello Dears > I have 6 bananas (non touching) on a single image. I wanted to determinee= the mean rgb values of individual bababas. > > I converted the image in to BW ima...

Metamerism and Imaging
Hi forum, I already posted this in sci.engr.color, but want to hear the opinion of the experts here as well. My question evolves from thinking about some aspects of color and our visual perception, so I=B4m not quite shure if the problem I talk about is a real problem. I understand that metamers are colors derived from different mixtures that produce the same perception under one lighting, say daylight, but show a visible difference under incandescent light. So if I want to compare an original slide and a print of that slide, I have to make sure that I view both under the same light. That is...

Images in XML
Hi all, I am using the .NET Compact Framework to receive an Image from the webserver as a Byte(), but now I am trying to save this Byte array in XML document as well as in a .gif file. It seems that CF has many missing methods. Can anybody help me with how I can save an image in a Byte array to XML or gif. Thanks ...

How to tell if a file is binary
I borrowed the following function from the PHP manual user notes: [PHP] if (!function_exists('is_binary')) { /** * Determine if a file is binary. Useful for doing file content editing * * @access public * @param mixed $link Complete path to file (/path/to/file) * @return boolean * @link http://us3.php.net/filesystem#30152 * @see link user notes regarding this created function */ function is_binary($link) { $tmpStr = ''; $fp = @fopen($link, 'rb'); $tmpStr = @fread($fp, 256); @fclose($fp); if ($tmpStr) { $tmpStr = str_...

ads rewind a binary file
Hi all Using C I'm fighting to add a header to a binary file with ADS. I can write file fopen "ab" mode in many parts (i need to close file each time i write a new bloc). At the end, I want to add the head on the start but fseek don't seem to work on binary file. Do you have a tip for me ? Thanks -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

image segmentation using thresholding
i am doing my project on image processing... which involves segmentation of a medical image..it would be useful if somebody could give me a segmentation algorithm using thresholding.... "palani thanaraj" <thanraj_ks@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <fev6oe$i2t$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i am doing my project on image processing... which involves > segmentation of a medical image..it would be useful if > somebody could give me a segmentation algorithm using > thresholding.... at first you must taking the histogram of your image by: n=histc(img(:),0:255); p...

image to jpg
I managed to do this with ImageIO, example taken from: http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java-save-screenshot.html watch out for the javascript errors, but good site with loads of image and java stuff... This was the code I used. // temp output file bit public void outputFile() throws Exception{ //start of the output stuff FileOutputStream fo = new FileOutputStream("myImg.jpg");//name of image BufferedOutputStream bo = new BufferedOutputStream(fo);//set to buffered stream //destination here is the name of the raster reference. referencing...

Image optimisation question
Hi all I need some information about using the jpeg compression in PSP v7. I'm just putting the finishing touches to our new (beta version at present) site and want to know what's the best compression factor to use. Our business is photography, and I need to retain as much detail as possible in the images, while maintaining a decent load time for visitors. I'd just like to know what the best settings are to use for image optimisation, with a slight bias toward quality? If you want to view the beta site it's at www.kasstzam.com/2004 and the only image I have used optimisation f...

Binary Matrix Pro Review – Is Binary Lewis Legit?
BinaryMatrixPro is one program that is highly recommended to people who find using and managing complicated programs difficult. It is suggested for every single person out there to use this trading tool so that they get to achieve maximum amount of profits along with phenomenal assistance and customer service. This system makes a presentable effort at providing the trader with all the tools desired to become acknowledged and successful in the binary trading business. Binary Matrix Pro comes with the safest, unerring and profitable trading strategies the binary trading market has ever seen. ...

how to selectively pick image files
Hi all, I'm trying to do some RGB analysis on a bunch of image files in a directory. I think I have code that will get an array of the filenames and then loop through the analysis on each one. However, I only want to process certain types of images (i.e. gif, bmp, jpg) and ignore the rest. Anybody have any suggestions on how to do this efficiently? Here's the code: d=dir(directory); n=find([d.isdir]==0); photoarray=struct2cell(d); photoarray=photoarray(1,n).' totalphotos=size(photoarray,1); for photonumber=1:totalphotos filename=char(photoarray(photonumber)); REST OF PROGR...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C4C5CC.EDD5929C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, =20 2 questions ! =20 Question 1 Iam trying to load binary data from sql server to postges. Do i have to write a script .. ?? =20 Question 2 How i do load text data with newlines into postgres database .. (as newline is the default row delimiter and cannot be changed in the column table). =20 =20 Thanks ! Goutam =20 =20 =20 =20 =20 ---------------------------------------------...

show same area between two images
Hi Is there a way to show same area between two images according to the mouse moves? For example, using imtool to open two images, which are the same area but with different gray levels. I'd like to use pixel region to see gray levels at the same sub area. But I need to find the center of the interest area by clicking the mouse twice at both windows. Say, I move the mouse in the left window and the right window will move accordingly. Mike On Apr 23, 8:18=A0am, Mike <sulfate...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > =A0 Is there a way to show same area between two ima...

wxListCtrl image in report mode bug in linux?
I'm using a wxListCtrl in multicolumn report mode with 100x100 icons in the first column. Looking at the screenshot at http://www.discordia.org/~jason/badBadListCtrl.jpg on windows and mac I get a window like the one on the right. This is the intended appearance. But on linux, I get a window like the one on the left, with the row height set just large enough to include the text, but cutting off the icons. Is this a bug in wxWidgets, or am I using wxListCtrl wrong? The code (in Python) I use to populate the list control is below. self._thumbSize = ...

proc loes and binary depedent variable
Dear All, Is there any one in the list, who has an example for using proc loess with binary dependent variable and one or multiple independent variables? Many thanks Adel --------------------------------- D�couvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/R�ponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp�riences. Cliquez ici. adel_tangi@YAHOO.FR wrote: > >Dear All, > Is there any one in the list, who has an example for using proc loess >with binary dependent variable and one or multiple independent variab...

i want to create GUI and display image....
i want to create a GUI with a tool bar ,when i make File>open i will choose image to be displayed on the GUI to make operations on it ,please help thanks in advance georgealbert clc clear; close all; %fig1=openfig('new1.fig','reuse'); set(figure,'MenuBar','none'); a= uimenu(gcf,'Label','&FILE'); openfile = uimenu(a,'Label','&Open','CallBack',[... '[fname path]= uigetfile(''*.bmp'',''Enter file name'',100,100);,'... '...

Difference between Binary String and Non-binary strings with binary collation
Hello everyone, I'm preparing the MySQL Dev Certification 1 and I don't understand the difference between Binary String and Non-binary strings with binary collation. I just understood that comparisons are byte-based for BS and character-based for NBS (whose character length may be variable). Does it means that both are case sensitive and accent-sensitive ? Thank you all for explaining me the stuff. J�r�mie ...

Image processing-image enhancement
I am working on image contrast enhancement using wavelets. I need help regarding the code for Contrast measure in DWT. "Gursharan Gill" <gill_aries07@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <ho9nvl$jtr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am working on image contrast enhancement using wavelets. I need help regarding the code for Contrast measure in DWT. Hi Gursharan, I think you need to be more specific. What kind of help do you need? Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <ho9pb9$ajb$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "Gursharan Gill&...

Select part of the image
Dear all, Is there any method that can be implementation of the function like the photoshop "Crop" the image or using the rectangular window to select the area of interested ? Thanks , tam Hi, help rbbox <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/rbbox.html> J�r�me ...