C#? and Matlab? which one has future?

Previously, much of the reason I use matlab is because of its
graphics capabilities. The microsoft visual studio and C# (GDI+ in
particular) language change the situation gradually. I spent a lot of
time try to take advantage of both and tried very hard to combine
them together using Matlab's COM builder. Eventually, I give up.

After undersdanding more about C# framework, I found that C# and GDI+
provide tools I need to create any type of graphics and charts very
easily. The DataGridView combinining with GDI+'s graphics capability
applow me to create spreadsheet-like application, which is very hard
to be achieved using matlab. In particular, after reading two useful
books "Professional C# - Graphics with GDI+" (for brief discusion,
see for xample: <http://www.codeproject.com/books/1861004990.asp)>
nd "C# CHarts and Graphics" (see sample chapters from
publishing.unicadinc.com), now i can create any kind of matlab chart
or graphics using C#. and have much more flexibility than using
matlab.

Now I switch to C# total and don't want to touch matlab anymore (even
though i have used matlab for many years). I don't see matlab's
future.
0
sf_mike01 (11)

Mike <sf_mike01@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ef52d21.-1
@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP:

> Previously, much of the reason I use matlab is because of its
> graphics capabilities. The microsoft visual studio and C# (GDI+ in
> particular) language change the situation gradually. I spent a lot of
> time try to take advantage of both and tried very hard to combine
> them together using Matlab's COM builder. Eventually, I give up.
>
> After undersdanding more about C# framework, I found that C# and GDI+
> provide tools I need to create any type of graphics and charts very
> easily. The DataGridView combinining with GDI+'s graphics capability
> applow me to create spreadsheet-like application, which is very hard
> to be achieved using matlab. In particular, after reading two useful
> books "Professional C# - Graphics with GDI+" (for brief discusion,
> see for xample: <http://www.codeproject.com/books/1861004990.asp)>
> nd "C# CHarts and Graphics" (see sample chapters from
> publishing.unicadinc.com), now i can create any kind of matlab chart
> or graphics using C#. and have much more flexibility than using
> matlab.
>
> Now I switch to C# total and don't want to touch matlab anymore (even
> though i have used matlab for many years). I don't see matlab's
> future.

If you were using Matlab purely for graphics, then you were substantially
underusing Matlab.  There are better, and less expensive, programs
available for presentation graphics or GUI programming (though Matlab can
be very powerful for both if you can learn to use the fairly low level
programming techniques).  It's not surprising that you find other
packages more facile.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Scott Seidman wrote:

> Mike <sf_mike01@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ef52d21.-1
> @webcrossing.raydaftYaTP:
>
>> Previously, much of the reason I use matlab is because of its
>> graphics capabilities. The microsoft visual studio and C# (GDI+
> in
>> particular) language change the situation gradually. I spent a
> lot of
>> time try to take advantage of both and tried very hard to
combine
>> them together using Matlab's COM builder. Eventually, I give
up.

>> After undersdanding more about C# framework, I found that C#
and
> GDI+
>> provide tools I need to create any type of graphics and charts
> very
>> easily. The DataGridView combinining with GDI+'s graphics
> capability
>> applow me to create spreadsheet-like application, which is very
> hard
>> to be achieved using matlab. In particular, after reading two
> useful
>> books "Professional C# - Graphics with GDI+" (for brief
> discusion,
>> see for xample: <http://www.codeproject.com/books/1861004990.asp)>
>> nd "C# Charts and Graphics" (see sample chapters from
>> www.publishing.unicadinc.com), now i can create any kind of
matlab
> chart
>> or graphics using C#. and have much more flexibility than using
>> matlab.
>>
>> Now I switch to C# total and don't want to touch matlab anymore
> (even
>> though i have used matlab for many years). I don't see matlab's
>> future.
>>

> If you were using Matlab purely for graphics, then you were
> substantially
> underusing Matlab. There are better, and less expensive, programs
> available for presentation graphics or GUI programming (though
> Matlab can
> be very powerful for both if you can learn to use the fairly low
> level
> programming techniques). It's not surprising that you find other
> packages more facile.
>
> --
> Scott
> Reverse name to reply

I know that. Even for computation (such as matrix), we can easily
create a powerful math library in C# and the computation speed is
much faster (it is comparable to C code) than matlab. Matlab has too
much overhead, and is slow. the GUI created using matlab (not
allowing multi-document windows, hard to put on my own logo, etc...)
is unacceptable....
0
sf_mike01 (11)
3/30/2007 4:13:10 PM
Even better should be to compile C code and interface to C#.

You can check how much they are hiring: <http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/>

Looks pretty good to me... when they have ~0 open positions you can
start worrying about the future...

It would be interesting to hear more about using Matlab (mcc based)
as computational engine for commercial software (C++/C# based).

Best wishes, Marcus
Tomlab Optimization Inc.
 <http://tomopt.com/tomnet/>

Marcus M. Edvall wrote:

> Even better should be to compile C code and interface to C#.
>
> You can check how much they are hiring: <http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/>
>
> Looks pretty good to me... when they have ~0 open positions you can
> start worrying about the future...
>
> It would be interesting to hear more about using Matlab (mcc based)
> as computational engine for commercial software (C++/C# based).
>
> Best wishes, Marcus
> Tomlab Optimization Inc.
> <http://tomopt.com/tomnet/>

You talk about the job, right now the job market for C# and .NET is
much better that matlab.

currently most of corporations plan to have transition from original
C, C++ to C# and .NET framework. so C# jobs will grow in near future.
0
sf_mike01 (11)
3/30/2007 5:58:25 PM
On 30 Mar, 19:58, mike <sf_mik...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You talk about the job, right now the job market for C# and .NET is
> much better that matlab.

You are comparing apples, oranges and banans. Matlab and C# are
two completely different animals. Matlab is a tool for rapid
prototyping of mathemathical algorithms, while C# is a programming
language from microsoft which makes all the other products
from microsoft play better together. While there is some overlap
between matlab and C#, stay very aware what the purpose of each is.

The job markets for the C# and matlab are very different. It might
be possible to get a job as a programmer in C#, I don't know.
Getting a job as a programmer in matab is nonsense. Matlab is
a tool people learn in order to do their main job, be it in
physics, chemistry or data processing.

Rune

0
allnor (8509)
3/30/2007 6:37:54 PM
mike wrote:

> I know that. Even for computation (such as matrix), we can easily
> create a powerful math library in C# and the computation speed is
> much faster (it is comparable to C code)

must be the worst c-code ever written... or you use something like nmath
or dnanalytics, which essentially wrap native blas/lapack libraries,
which also matlab does.

than matlab.

probably because you didn't make best use of matlabs capabilities

> Matlab has too
> much overhead, and is slow. the GUI created using matlab (not
> allowing multi-document windows, hard to put on my own logo, etc...)
> is unacceptable....

true, but then matlab was never intended to do such things equally well
as other toolkits. as rune has mentioned: matlab is primarily a fast
prototyping platform for numerical and mathematical algorithms.

michael
Michael Wild wrote:

> mike wrote:
>>
>> I know that. Even for computation (such as matrix), we can
easily
>> create a powerful math library in C# and the computation speed
is
>> much faster (it is comparable to C code)
>
> must be the worst c-code ever written... or you use something like
> nmath
> or dnanalytics, which essentially wrap native blas/lapack
> libraries,
> which also matlab does.
>
> than matlab.
>
> probably because you didn't make best use of matlabs capabilities
>
>> Matlab has too
>> much overhead, and is slow. the GUI created using matlab (not
>> allowing multi-document windows, hard to put on my own logo,
> etc...)
>> is unacceptable....
>
> true, but then matlab was never intended to do such things equally
> well
> as other toolkits. as rune has mentioned: matlab is primarily a
> fast
> prototyping platform for numerical and mathematical algorithms.
>
> michael

One thing I have noticed at work. There are a few very talented C#
developers I work with. After a year or so of being beat to the
answer by a lowly matlab programmer (me) I have noticed these people
trying to use Matlab and asking for help. Matlab has a bright future.
The stupid finance industry is pretty slow to figure it out but the
science and engineering firms are all over it.

I like how I'm given a brand new intern just out of university and
he/she already is proficient at Matlab and can be put to good work
immedietely.

My only gripe is the price though I cannot offer any solution. Got to
pay those talented developers so I understand why it cannot be free
but the price does represent a barrier.

Scott
0
no18 (4537)
3/30/2007 7:10:20 PM
Scott <no@spam.com> wrote in news:ef52d21.6@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP:

> One thing I have noticed at work. There are a few very talented C#
> developers I work with. After a year or so of being beat to the
> answer by a lowly matlab programmer (me) I have noticed these people
> trying to use Matlab and asking for help. Matlab has a bright future.
> The stupid finance industry is pretty slow to figure it out but the
> science and engineering firms are all over it.
>
> I like how I'm given a brand new intern just out of university and
> he/she already is proficient at Matlab and can be put to good work
> immedietely.
>
> My only gripe is the price though I cannot offer any solution. Got to
> pay those talented developers so I understand why it cannot be free
> but the price does represent a barrier.
>
> Scott

Each environment obviously has its advantages and disadvantages.
Pedegogically, though, it's my opinion that people have an easier time
going from a more classical programming language to Matlab than the other
way around.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Comparing Matlab and those C? languages does not make anysense at all. You'd
have to shoot dead first before I'd use C#  over Matlab for what I use it
for. (you have to also hang me then shoot me to make me use C# over
Mathematica and Maple).

Pick the right tool for the job. No one tool does everything for everyone.

hth

Nasser

0
Nasser
3/31/2007 9:38:02 AM
Rune Allnor wrote:

> On 3 Apr, 11:50, M <M...@M.com> wrote:
>
>> I will be the first person to admit that I'm not the greatest
of
>> coders, I can figure things out eventually but I find the
> mathworks
>> docs to be insufficient. Vectorised code is counter-intuitive
> me,
>> loops are easy to step through in my head and make sense of
when
>> compared to vectorised code. I don't know if it's a particular
>> failing on my part (there's a lot of Matlab users in the world
>> afterall) or if it's just something you need to have a knack
for.

> "Vectorization" is *the* reason to avoid matlab, for exactly
> because of what you say. Loops and tests are the nuts and
> bolts of algorithms and programming. People who learn to
> manipulate computers with matlab (I don't consider writing
> scripts or function with matlab as "programming") are at
> a huge disatvantage when the going gets tough and real
> performance is in demand.
>
> Rune

I'm quite fortunate in timing really as I got to work with matlab
after TMW optimised loop-structured programs, if I were working on a
project that involved time critical processing I don't think I'd have
been half as successful. I think I could count on both hands the
number of tmes that I've used any significant vectorisation in my
code. I intentionally avoided vectorisation both because I need to
create a future-proof application that can be quickly understood (by
myself and others) and because vectorisation requires a lot more
effort on my part to understand and implement. I've thought it
obvious that just because you can fit 8 lines of 'looped' code into a
one line vectorised equivalent it may not in actual fact be a good
idea.

I do think that Matlab does provide enough in the way of tools to
build a fully featured program. Between GUIDE which, lets face it,
isn't fantastic but does do the job and the relative ease that you
can 'plug' code into a GUI you can make a quite usable GUI-based
program.

I've constantly been aware at the cost of creating a distributable
executable though, not to mention the need to bundle a 100MB+ (I
think, correct me if I'm wrong) file with your program. All in all,
creating stand alone programs seems to have more negatives than
positives from what I can see where Matlab is concerned.

-M
M <M@M.com> wrote in news:ef52d21.15@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP:

> All in all,
> creating stand alone programs seems to have more negatives than
> positives from what I can see where Matlab is concerned.

I've always looked at the compiler as a convenience--you can transport your
code fairly quickly after prototyping, but its not necessarily the best or
most efficient way to go.

I'd venture that many more copies of Matlab are sold without the compiler
than with it.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
On Apr 3, 2:40 pm, M <M...@M.com> wrote:
> Rune Allnor wrote:
>
> > On 3 Apr, 11:50, M <M...@M.com> wrote:
>
> >> I will be the first person to admit that I'm not the greatest
> of
> >> coders, I can figure things out eventually but I find the
> > mathworks
> >> docs to be insufficient. Vectorised code is counter-intuitive
> > me,
> >> loops are easy to step through in my head and make sense of
> when
> >> compared to vectorised code. I don't know if it's a particular
> >> failing on my part (there's a lot of Matlab users in the world
> >> afterall) or if it's just something you need to have a knack
> for.
>
> > "Vectorization" is *the* reason to avoid matlab, for exactly
> > because of what you say. Loops and tests are the nuts and
> > bolts of algorithms and programming. People who learn to
> > manipulate computers with matlab (I don't consider writing
> > scripts or function with matlab as "programming") are at
> > a huge disatvantage when the going gets tough and real
> > performance is in demand.
>
> > Rune
>
> I'm quite fortunate in timing really as I got to work with matlab
> after TMW optimised loop-structured programs, if I were working on a
> project that involved time critical processing I don't think I'd have
> been half as successful. I think I could count on both hands the
> number of tmes that I've used any significant vectorisation in my
> code. I intentionally avoided vectorisation both because I need to
> create a future-proof application that can be quickly understood (by
> myself and others) and because vectorisation requires a lot more
> effort on my part to understand and implement. I've thought it
> obvious that just because you can fit 8 lines of 'looped' code into a
> one line vectorised equivalent it may not in actual fact be a good
> idea.
>
> I do think that Matlab does provide enough in the way of tools to
> build a fully featured program. Between GUIDE which, lets face it,
> isn't fantastic but does do the job and the relative ease that you
> can 'plug' code into a GUI you can make a quite usable GUI-based
> program.
>
> I've constantly been aware at the cost of creating a distributable
> executable though, not to mention the need to bundle a 100MB+ (I
> think, correct me if I'm wrong) file with your program. All in all,
> creating stand alone programs seems to have more negatives than
> positives from what I can see where Matlab is concerned.
>
> -M- Hide quoted text -

All this talk about vectorization being bad.  If a line of code looks
like the problem it is solving then good.  If it is almost impossible
to understand then bad.  I like to write code that resembles the
equations/expressions it is calculating.  And I like to make tweaks in
as few places as possible when iterating.

Vectorization is the best thing about Matlab. Yes, it takes a while
to learn how to program without all those FOR loops, but once you get
it, you can write much more concise code, that executes faster. I
especially like the logical indexing, and using the set functions
(ismember, intersect, setdiff, unique, etc.) for finding just the
data I need in a large dataset.

I also find the compiler really useful. I can write an app to
address some specific analysis need, and distribute it to any of the
90,000+ employees at my company who may need it, and they don't need
a license or any Matlab knowledge to run it. Just last week I took a
bunch of functions I'd developed for doing analysis and visualization
and bundled them as an app. I had it working in two days, with data
I/O, 12 different kinds of plots, reports, printing and copying. The
compiled executable and .ctf are 500 KB. Yes, the MCR is a lot
bigger, but it only has to be installed once to use any app you
write.

Our web developer wrote a web-based app to access one of our
databases, do some simple analysis an plot the results. It took him
two months. I wrote a stand-alone app to do essentially the same
thing, only with more features, and it took me a week. (In case
you're wondering why I did this, I just got sick of waiting for him
to implement the features I wanted.)

I'm never going back to C! FOR loops? Pointers? Declaring
variables? Just shoot me now...

Mike
0
Mike

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

EngSim: All Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++, /C++. Good Graphics.
ENGSIM is an Engineering Simulation & Graphics Library for Microsoft Visual C++. It has all Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Very Easy to program. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++. Graphics Support is Very Good. Support Negative Indexing for Array/Matrix, Complex Array and Complex Matrix. Support Fix-point/Floating-point Communications Engineering and Signal Processing Simulation. Support Statistical Analysis. Support User- Defined Classes. Support User-Graphics Development ...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

vectorized computation in C++ such as those in Matlab (Matlab to C++)?
Dear all, Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to send in a vector of u's. All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... But u is a vector. Thus, t6 becomes a vector. t9 is an element-wise multiplication... The following code was actually converted from Matlab. If vectorized computation is not facilitated, then I have to call this function millions of times. But if vectorized computation is okay, then I can send in just a u vector with batch elements a time. I have man...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #2
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #3
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Create (Matlab) object inside C/C++ and pass it to Matlab
I'm trying to create an object inside C++ and then pass it to Matlab via en= gPutVariable. It seems I can create a struct // Create a float array mxArray *acq_data =3D mxCreateNumericMatrix(0, 0, mxSINGLE_CLASS); float *data =3D (float *)mxCalloc(M*N, sizeof(float)); mxSetData(acq_data, data); mxSetM(acq_data, M); mxSetN(acq_data, N); // Convert to struct const char *fieldname =3D "data"; mxArray *acq_struct =3D mxCreateStructMatrix(1,1,1, &fieldname); mxSetField(acq_struct,i,"data",acq_data); // Convert to class ?? Does it work? if (j=3D=3D1...

C/C++ in MATALB or MATLAB in C/C++?
Hi I've been asking on the net how to use MEX properly so that I can use C/C++ in MATLAB, but information is not forthcoming. There seems to be a lot on using MATLAB in C/C++ but not the other way around. I understand Mathworks is trying very hard to sell the Matlab Compiler, but even so, why is it SO hard to get information about MEX? Or is it that I've missed something very fundamental, meaning that I'm struggling over something that is actually quite easy? Any thoughts and info would be great. Thanks BullDog BullDog wrote: > Hi > > I've been asking on the net ...

C, C++, C# and MATLAB Expert
Hello all, Hope you are good. I am a expert in C and MATLAB, Feel free to contact me with your queries: onlinerapidhelp@gmail.com and join the group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/onlinerapidhelp Special Discount to first 50 Clients. I am waiting to see you, Client satisfaction is my first priority and I'll never let you down. Regards Engineer MAK ...

Matlab command to convert Matlab script to C
I know that this has probably been asked before but I desperately need to do this. I have simple scripts in Matlab and I would like to see what they look like in C language. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not a great C programer so this would help me immensly if I could see various examples of things that I have written in Matlab in C Thank you. Hi finiteguy, check the MATLAB help for the MATLAB Compiler, if you have. Regards, Stefan Hi Stefan, I tried that and got no help. Nothing about Matlab compiler. I kew that years ago there was a simple command but I lost it. On Mon, 30...

Control of Matlab event loop from C or Matlab
I was wondering if there is a way to control Matlab event loop? Is there a way to make Matlab be able to respond to key presses in Matlab GUI or call from C (via engine) and to either pause or stop its execution. I know that Matlab can execute items on its 'event queue' when pause() or drawnow() etc are called, but that means that I have to explicitly put those in the code. Is there some way that would be more elegant? Second question is about the 'event queue.' How does one add things to the event queue? How can I add a call from, say, C engine such as evalString() to the ev...

Matlab to C/C++
Hello! I want to convert Matlab code to C or C++ (no problem). I use the command mcc -B cpplib:mfile mfile.m which creates the following files: 1) mfile.cpp 2) mfile.ctf 3) mfile.exports 4) mfile.h 5) mfile_mcc_component_data.c I suspect that it should also create at least one more file (.dll) but it doesn't... Also, when I type the command, the following message appears: Could not find the compiler "cl" on the DOS path. Use mbuild -setup to configure your environment properly. C:\PROGRAM FILES\MATLAB71\BIN\WIN32\\..\MEX.PL: Error: Unable to locate compiler. PS: I have Matlab 7...

C/C++ and MatLab
I am trying to call and debug matlab code via C/C++. i am able to run the engdemo.c program but I cannot stop the debugger in a test MatLab file to see if this can be done. I would like the C/C++ program to spawn the MatLab environment so that I may have access to all the MatLab debugging tools but be able to read any inputs from the C/C++ calling function and return any modifications to those values back to the C/C++ function as well. I am running MatLab 6.5.1.199709 v 13. Does MatLab 7 have any added capability that I would need to do this? Reginald Robertson wrote: > > > I am tr...

C/C++ to matlab
Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae0r2$erv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you check matlab help and read mex file creation. its pretty simple to call c from matlab. "Maya " <priyaravi_22@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <hae4mr$nf6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > &qu...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

C++ to MATLAB and debugging in MATLAB w edit/debugger
I am currently trying to create a C++ - Matlab function call(on a Windows platform) where I am able to debug the Matlab function via the edit/debugger. Yes, I have used the MatLab Engine calls and the COM interface. However when i attempt to debug via the edit/debugger, I get the following error message sent to STDOUT: buffer 0x0012fda4 "Warning: Debug commands not available when using MATLAB as Engine. > In <a href="error:c:\matlab7\bin\win32\cMatlabTest.m,4,1">cMatlabTest at 4</a> Checked all 17 cache memory tables. Found no corrupted tables. We also at...

using breakpoints in C + matlab application (Matlab Engine)
Hi, i'm executing Matlab scripts from my C++ application using Matlab engine. my problem is with putting breakpoint in the Matlab script. when i put a breakpoint in the script, the program indeed stops at the breakpoint, but everything is stuck, and it is impposible to proceed executing the program (C++ and the Matlab script) Regards, Moish Frankel GSM modems and Signal Processing Texas Instruments moish@ti.com ...

Does Matlab 7.0 inlcude MATLAB C++ library?
I tried to find matlab.h, matlab.hpp in my system, however, I did not find them. I am using MATLAB 7.0, is that this version does not include MATLAB C/C++ library? Which version can I find it? Hi, MATLAB 7.0 or MATLAB Compiler 4 doesn't include C/C++ Library. MATLAB Compiler 3.0 includes C/C++ Library. Hope it helps. LePhan. ------------------------------------- see our MATLAB C/C++ Book at www.LePhanPublishing.com Tommy wrote: > > > I tried to find matlab.h, matlab.hpp in my system, however, I did > not > find them. > I am using MATLAB 7.0, is that this version doe...

Started multiple matlab processes by one matlab command???
Hi There, I started Matlab R14 sp1 on AMD64+linux gentoo by typing in command matlab. Matlab started. I checked the process by typing command ps -elf on a xterm and found that there were more than one matlab process started. See follows. Are they right? Is it the way matlab works on AMD64? (I started matlab on P4+Linux rat hat in the same way and only one matlab process started.) Please help me answer the question. Thanks. 0 S fmri 11511 11504 0 75 0 - 370311 - 09:08 pts/0 00:00:01 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 0 S fmri 11565 11511 0 85 0 - 975 pipe_w 09:08 pts/1 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/matlab_helper /dev/pts/1 1 S fmri 11566 11511 0 76 0 - 370311 - 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11567 11566 0 80 0 - 370311 - 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11568 11566 0 76 0 - 370311 - 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11569 11566 0 76 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11570 11566 0 76 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11571 11566 0 80 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11572 11566 0 80 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11573 11566 0 75 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 1 S fmri 11574 11566 0 76 0 - 370311 rt_sig 09:08 pts/0 0...

Web resources about - C#? and Matlab? which one has future? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...