call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls

I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for
our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which
gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn
calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations.
If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the
unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly.
BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs
correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then
when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently
stalls. This is peculiar, because as I mentioned two other calls to
MAtlab functions perform correctly before getting to that problematic
call. When I kill the process tree through my GUI window, then it
shows that the offending Matlab function actually starts calculating
before it is itself killed. It looks as if for some reason, some
other process in this tree prevents the call from running, and when
that process is killed,the call runs for a very short time until it
is terminated by my kill function.
Furthermore, when I have killed the flow and then run the call to
that Matlab function manually from the unix prompt, it runs correctly
(that was to be expected, since the whole flow runs correctly from
the Unix prompt).
Any ideas? I have been looking at this for days and made no progress.
Thanks.
0
sdv30 (3)

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

Call Matlab functions from mex (matlab function's input is string)
Here is my mex code: void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]){ char errBuff[1]={'A'}; //create mxArray pointer mxArray *mxerr; //copy errBuff to mxArray mxerr = mxCreateString(errBuff); //initialize mxArray with errBuff char array, return to pointer //call matlab function mexCallMATLAB(0,NULL, 1,mxerr, "errorCatcher"); //destroy mxArray mxDestroyArray(mxerr); //destroy mxArray printf("destroyed mex array\n"); }//end of mexFunction errorCatcher accepts string inp...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A round...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

mex - matlab calls fortran which calls matlab which calls fortran
Dear All, I'm trying to link matlab and fortran with mex files and engine matlab, in linux OS. My general purpose is the following: 1) a matlab script A calls a mex function B based upon fortran source code 2) mex function B calls another function in matlab C within matlab engine 3) matlab routine C calls another mex file in fortran D While i'm able to do steps 2) and 3), I can't do step 1). Before to show the code, please reply to this simple question: Is it possible to build the overall process 1-3? On 8 Okt, 16:37, "Michele Catalano" <cata...@yahoo.it> wr...

Display Matlab messages when the function is called by Labview via Matlab script
I use Labview (version 6.1) to send variables to Matlab (version 7.0.4) via Matlab script and&nbsp;I would like to display some message on the command window of Matlab. The messages are displayed&nbsp;when I call my Matlab function from the command window of Matlab but not when&nbsp;the&nbsp;function is called&nbsp;from Labview. &nbsp; Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ? &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Julien. ...

Matlab abort when calling system generator function from a normal matlab file
Hi, I implemented some functions using system generator (simulink) and I need to perform some statistical analysis on these functions which involves multi-colouring test. I wrote a matlab file to call these functions inside of a for loop. But for some reason, after a few runs, Matlab just automatically quit without any warning or error messages. Does anyone know why this is happening? At least any suggestion on whether it's Matlab's problem or system generator's problem? Any help would be appreciated. Joy ...

call Visual basic gui or function from matlab gui
hello friends, I have an activeX control developed in Visual C++ to acquire data from a Data acquisition system. Currently I am using this activex in a VB GUI because someone in my group knew how to use it through VB. However, after acquiring the data i am processing it in matlab. Thus i have two GUIs one in VB and other in matlab. I have two questions, can I access this VC++ activex in a matlab GUI ? if yes, how? I dont know VC++ and VB both :( ... if that is complicated then, Can i access this VB GUI from my matlab GUI? so that i need not operate with separate programs. hope my questi...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'
Hi, I am using MATLAB 7.6 on a 64-bit machine. I am trying to run a mathematical model containing various user defined embedded matlab function that was previously 'built and run' using same matlab version but on a 32-bit machine. I am getting this error on my current machine setup "Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'". I have already visited many matlab central pages yet I am unable to find a solution to this specific problem. N.B: I tried to configure a c compiler through mbuilder -seup on caommand line but it seems that there...

starting matlab gui outside matlab
Hello! I have to start my matlab gui outside matlab program (without opening it). Is there something like .bat file in Java for Matlab? Thanks for helping me out... :) Emma Hi Emma, I'm not sure if I understand your question. One way would be to compile the GUI (there is a lot of stuff on that in this forum). Otherwise, if you just want to avoid opening Matlab and loading the file, you can use: 1) a simple .bat file with the following command: matlab -minimize -yourfile.m 2) a shortcut with this line as target (but with the full matlab.exe path), in which you also specify your gui dire...

Web resources about - call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Resource sector may outsource finance functions to Asia
Outsourcing financial functions to Asia is one tactic struggling Australian energy and resources companies may use this year to survive the slump ...

Media devices sold to feds have hidden backdoor with sniffing functions
... AMX NX-1200 , a programmable device used to control AV and building systems. The researchers first became suspicious after encountering a function ...

A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003
**[A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003](http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2 ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Here's how squads and iron sights will function in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
... roles and create a squad, and the creator can name, lock, or invite others to their little group. The more an outfit fills up, the more functions ...

Don’t tase me, bro: Study shows being shocked by a Taser disrupts brain function
Researchers at Drexel shot a bunch of college students with 50,000 volts. The result? Short-term declines in cognitive function comparable with ...

Slim and Soft Cover-Ups: Protecting Your Laptop with Function and Style
I’m a klutz. My phone has the scars and cracks to prove it. Likewise, my laptop bears scratches and dents in the lid, from me banging it into ...

Macphun Creative Kit 2016 review: Critical photo editing functions delivered in one diverse app
With Creative Kit, Macphun wants to pick up where Apple’s now-defunct Aperture left off. As a plug-in to Photos , Macphun’s apps significantly ...

SAP Ariba CMO Believes There’s No Function More Creative Than Marketing
Get to Know SAP Ariba CMO Alicia Tillman Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.