calling Matlab code from C/C++ code

Hi,
I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my
questions

(1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++
shared library the only two ways?

(2) what's the difference between these two methods? Advantages and
disadvantages? In what case use which method is better?

Thanks and regards!
0
timlee126 (9)

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:33:00 -0400, Tim <timlee126@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my
> questions
>
> (1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++
> shared library the only two ways?

Yes.

> (2) what's the difference between these two methods? Advantages and
> disadvantages? In what case use which method is better?
>
> Thanks and regards!

It might be easier to state in a bit more detail what you are trying to
do, CSSMers might then be able to suggest what they think is the best
solution (probably something you havent yet considered).
Thanks!
Actually my question was intended to be a more general one.
But my personal interest would be able to call  Matlab code for
Statistics,  Machine learning, Bioinformatics, Image Processing,
Optimization and Numerical Computation, regardless of if they are
Matlab Built-in or available from repository like Matlab-Central.
0
timlee126 (9)
8/3/2009 2:44:53 PM
One more interesting thing I just heard is export the data from C/C++
program to Matlab for visualization and debugging.
0
timlee126 (9)
8/3/2009 2:46:55 PM
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:44:53 -0400, Tim <timlee126@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
> Actually my question was intended to be a more general one.
> But my personal interest would be able to call  Matlab code for
> Statistics,  Machine learning, Bioinformatics, Image Processing,
> Optimization and Numerical Computation, regardless of if they are
> Matlab Built-in or available from repository like Matlab-Central.

Tim,

I was expecting a usage/infrastructure type requirement.

For example, if you are doing most of your dev work in C/C++ on a single
machine with MATLAB installed on it and want to use MATLAB code for some
exploratory computations then the engine might be the way to go. Any code
you develop will require a local MATLAB session to be available to execute.

However, depending on what exactly your 'C/C++' code if, you might even
consider the MEX interface. In short, it lets you compile existing C/C++
code by adding certain wrapper functions to it and using it as a function
inside MATLAB. This might be a worthwhile approach if your C/C++ code is
locked down and you want to explore/process/visualize the results it in
MATLAB.

On the other hand, if you have your MATLAB code locked down and are
interested in sharing it with people who may not have MATLAB on their
machines, the compiler might be the way to go.

Web resources about - calling Matlab code from C/C++ code - comp.soft-sys.matlab

London Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London Calling is the third studio album by the English punk rock band The Clash . It was released in the United Kingdom on 14 December 1979 ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Free VoIP Calling Added To Facebook Messenger For IOS In The U.K.
Voice-over-Internet-protocol calling has made its way across the pond for Facebook Messenger users, as the social network updated its iOS version ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Orange telecom announces partnership with Facebook to launch social calling app
French telecommunications company Orange today announced a partnership with Facebook to offer a social calling application that will allow users ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

AT&T now officially supports Wi-Fi Calling for international travels
AT&T is currently sending out text messages letting eligible customers know that they may use Wi-Fi Calling when traveling abroad. Users on iOS ...

Snapchat 2.0 adds video calling, stickers and more
... favorite social network by far, and their latest update makes it even more awesome.Snapchat 2.0 adds tons of new features including video calling, ...