Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM

Hello,
I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in
windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab.
I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it
is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to
do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version).

Thanks a lot,
Nili.
0
ni_if (1)
12/26/2005 9:29:41 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

Get a result from Matlab to Java (Call Matlab from JAVA
Hi all, I am having trouble getting the return value from matlab to JAVA. I have tried Kamin Whitehouse 's code(matlabcontrol.java) and get working for eval and feval, but having trouble using blockingFeval function which returnts the value of matlab. The problem I am having is it returns some value valid only in matlab workspace and when I play around with the return value in matlab, it works fine but in Java program it is just junk data. I corresponded with Kamin and he thinks that jmi.jar has been changed since he developed the class. The matlab library now returns the handle of t...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB? #2
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Java Jar Files and Matlab need to call my SAX parser from java in matlab
All, I have a java SAX parser that I want to call from matlab. I did the research and figured out how to load the jar containing the class in matlab. Problem is I called my file and apparrently the matlab version doesn't support the SAX parser and/or the JDBC drivers I use to interact with a database. Is there another way to do this other than loading the class into matlab which obviously failed. Would I be able to call the jar somehow with a system command? Thanx Ryan ...

Codes are all shown in the matlab window when running matlab
I am using matlab 6.5.0. Today, when I wrote some codes in the M-editor and run by using F5, all contents of the codes appear in the main matlab window. This is quite strange and never happened before. I tried to shorten the codes and run some simple test. Still the same. So it has nothing to do with what I wrote in the program. I suspect that I turned on some setting in matlab without realizing it. Anyone can give a hint on how to turn this display off? Thanks. You probably turned echo on. Try echo off all Or go to File -> Preferences -> Command Window and uncheck Echo on HTH P...

Eclipse RCP and MATLAB (calling MATLAB from JAVA)
Dear all I need some help about using Eclipse RCP with MATLAB. I want receive input variables from web (probably using Eclipse RCP, I just heard about Eclipse RCP) and calcuate something and generate figure or animation in MATLAB. Finally, send the result to the web and display them using Eclipse RCP. I know about MATLAB Web Server (MWS). However, MWS has some limitation, so I want to combine Eclipse RCP with MATLAB for more compatibility. Could you help me ? The example will be greate help for me. Thanks in advance. ...

How to notify Matlab about Java object change in Matlab Java Interface?
Hello, Does anybody has any idea how to update Matlab function about Java object change ? It could be done by polling: while JavaObj.getValue()=='not done yet' pause(1); end But polling is evil. There should be more elegant way to do this job ... I've checked 'Matlab Java Interface' docs : http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f6671.html , but found nothing on the subject :( Thanks in advance for your help, Could you use javacomponent to set up the object, and set a callback to repond to the changed value? On Apr 21, 5:44=A0pm, &...

debug java code running in matlab jvm
does anyone know how to debug java code running in the matlab jvm? e.g. by attaching a debugger to a running java or by starting java with a magic switch that runs a java debugger service, e.g. JPDA? i have written a lot of java code that runs within the matlab jvm and it would be very helpful to be able to debug it in place, instead of writing endless System.out.println output. i searched matlab knowledge base and found nothing on this. this is for matlab 7.1 running on windows XP, java environment is netbeans 4.1. thanks sorry, i should have checked google groups. i found this helpf...

Calling matlab from java
Hello All I am trying to call Matlab from java. I am using Brad Phelan's matlab snippet http://xtargets.com/snippets/user/bradphelan/tag/feval to investigate how to do this but all I get is matlab showing "Busy" and basically hanging. I have tried commenting out the semaphore control which "helps" but I then get a null exception because the return value is null. I call my test routine from matlab as follows: TestMat.main({}) My test routine looks like Brad's example: public class TestMat { public static void main(String[] args) { MatlabFunction&l...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

Running MATLAB code from Java
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find a way to call MATLAB computational functionality from Java code - in much the same way as the MATLAB engine appears to run for C and FORTRAN. The Java stand-alone application is running on UNIX. MATLAB can obviously be installed on Windows or UNIX (or other platforms for that matter). I need to push input from Java to MATLAB and then to receive MATLAB output back into Java. This seems to be an infrequent yet repeating request in the newsgroup archives and so I'll summarise my progress below. Any comments on these approaches and any new approach ideas wo...

Running java code in Matlab
class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in Matlab ? Thank you ! "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ije0hs$s5b$1@fred.mathworks.com... > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello Worl...

How to run my java code in matlab
i have a java program having two classes named A_1 and A2 in it and generate two class files as; A_1.java A_1.class A2.class my matlab supports the java version 1.6.0_17 and i had also have JRE 1.6.0_17. and i had also copy the path of java and class files in matlab classpath file. But when i create its object o=A_1 then the following error occurs: Undefined function or variable 'A_1'. please help me in this???? "Deepak Gupta" <myself.deepakgupta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:n0sv9b$o0a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > i have a j...

Run a Matlab code without matlab
Hi I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab? Thanks uwe ugarcia > Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab... no us ugarcia <uwe.gallaun@stud.unileoben.ac.at> wrote in message <7936ab9b-c811-44e3-a59d-8e3bbd877756@a26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi > I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home > computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any > possibility...

Java program using Matlab JA Builder can not find matlab libraries
Hi all: We are trying to run a java program calling Matlab. When we run our program, we get the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to find the library libmwmclmcrrt.7.10.dylib, required by MATLAB Builder JA, on java.library.path Therefore we proceed and add the following VM argument: -Djava.library.path=/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app/bin/maci/ Now we get a different error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: dlopen (/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app/bin/maci/libnativemcl.jnilib, 9): Library not loaded: libt...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these c...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code?
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much ...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson <geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab > function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my > function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have > Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. > > I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using > native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, > so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, > and haven't found anything. > > Thanks very much You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not sure if this is the same as zlib though. On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" ...

calling matlab code from java mac
hello, i am attempting to automate some data maintenance code which is giving me a little bit of a headache. i have found some sample code that has pointed my in the correct direction. any help would be largely appreciated! i am aware of some java library plug-ins that assist in executing matlab code, but would like to do this in a more automated fashion using each application to do its own work. thanks! [code] /* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. */ package matlab_launcher; import java.io.*; import java.la...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

Matlab 7: how to remove java object in Matlab?
Hi, I found that there are some GUI windows in Matlab 7 return Java objects directly instead of returnning figure handles or object handles. I want to delete them, but I tried "delete(handles.objJava)" where objJava is some Java object returned by these Matlab GUI windows..., I saved it to handles as a field... but it did not work. The error message is: ------------------------------------------ ??? Invalid handle object. Error in ==> ieMyProgram>myCallbackFcn at 162 delete(handles.objJava); ...

JA Builder, run Matlab code in java
I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my application. How do I handle data type conversion, call the functions, etc. The algorithm that I wrote in Matlab is for image processing, how can I pass a java buffered image to that function? "Rebecca" wrote in message <ihpamb$acv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my ...

Invoking MATLAB from Windows and Linux Using Java
How to invoke MATLAB Services from Windows and Linux Using Java? Is there any common interface for this? ...

Web resources about - Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Messenger For Android Update Includes Free Calling For Canadian Users
... internet protocol) and voice features. This time, Facebook’s latest update to the Messenger application for Android includes free calling for ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...