Can I atomically include files to the ctf file of the Matlab compiler?

Hi,

My problem: I've a function myHelperFcn.m which needs myData.mat and
myImage.jpg at runtime.

I can include the needed files with the -a option of the mcc command,
like this:

mcc -m myFcn.m –a myData.mat -a myImage.jpg

But I'm searching for a mechanism like the function pragma  (%#function
myCallbackFcn) for non m-files, which atomically includes the needed
files to the ctf file.

thanks,
Martin

Can I automatically include files to the Matlab compiler ctf file?
Hi, Problem I've a function myHelperFcn.m which needs myData.mat and myImage.jpg at runtime. I can include the needed files with the -a option of the mcc command, like this: mcc -m myFcn.m –a myData.mat -a myImage.jpg But I'm searching for a mechanism like the function pragma (%#function myCallbackFcn) for non m-files, which automatically includes the needed files to the ctf file. thanks, Martin ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. ...

MATLAB COMPILER: compiling multiple m files that calls other m files
HI! I'm trying to compile a program writen in one m file which serves as a menu and it calls other m files (GUI's). The problem is that i have several functions (m files) in several directories (wich i�ve included in the first menu), so i want to compile all the m files wich are called by the first and so on. I�ve tryed to compile the menu doing: mcc -m menu.m, but it gives an error when i push a button to open another GUI. Can someone tell me how to compile a GUI wich calls other GUI's? Thanks Rui Deus : > > You need to tell the mcc compiler where these other m-files are...

Compiling Matlab file which contain call to exe file
I have a matlab file which contains a call to an .exe file by: eval(['program.exe']); When I run this from matlab, 'program.exe' works perfectly well. Further when I compile the matlab function, the compiled program do not run smooth when it comes to the call to 'program.exe'. Is there a problem compiling a matlab program wich already has a call to an executable file? I do not have the source code for this 'program.exe'. Do you have a solution to this? That is the error message? Is it during the execution of the mcc command? What version of MATLAB do you have?...

Using Matlab DLL files
Hello,   I've created a DLL file using the Matlab Compiler.  I have tested the DLL by calling functions from it through a C executable, so I know it works.  I'm having some trouble getting the everything to work in LabView, though.   I am using a Call Library Function node to invoke the desired functions in the DLL.  When I call the initialize function, mclInitializeApplication succeeds, but the <libraryName>Initialize call fails.  From what I can tell, this is because LabView cannot find the CTF file that is used by the Initialize function to create the required support files.   What needs to happen so that the DLL can find the CTF file?   Thanks, Alex Whitney ...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

Can we convert simulink *.mdl file to matlab *.m file
Hello I need to know if anyone knows how to convert Simulink *.mdl file to *.m file Please advise. Thanks Vihang Hello Open a .mdl file in a text editor , and you will see whole lot of oppurtunity to do your task!! "Vihang Patil" <vihang_patil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef00791.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello > I need to know if anyone knows how to convert Simulink *.mdl file to > *.m file > Please advise. > Thanks > Vihang "Vihang Patil" <vihang_patil@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ef00791.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>... > Hello > I need to know if anyone knows how to convert Simulink *.mdl file to > *.m file > Please advise. > Thanks > Vihang hi there i am also finding answer to same question if u have got any answer plz reply me ASAP Go to your mdl file click right select open with and open with a text editor for example notepad. And then save it to .m extension. Hope this helps you a little! There is no dedicated function to make this conversion in matlab as far as I know! I need to generate an .m file (from an .mdl file) which on execution produces the source .mdl file containing add_block() and all. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/simulink/slref/bq3cxmi.html any ideas ? "Kranthi Krishna" <kranthi117@gmail.com> wrote in message <hdrq0s$ml0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I need to generate an .m file (from an .mdl file) which on execution prod...

MATLAB files (M-files)
Hello All, Could anyone explain with me why MATLAB files (M-files) execute slower than compiled written in other languages such as C,C++ and Fortran? Give me the significant slow of M-files to be compiled Thank you. ...

How to handle global variables in Matlab script file using Matlab Compiler?
Dear All: I am trying to using Matlab Compiler 4.0 to make our Matlab application to a Stand-Alone application. But I meet one problem, that is in our Matlab program we used a script file to call several functions, so this script file works as a main interface file. And we need declare few global variables to perform some functions. But as you know, the compiler can not work with Matlab script file, but if I put my Matlab script file into a function, it seems the global variables not work any more. Does anyone know how to handle this problems? Thanks so much for your help! Thanks ..............

MATLAB.App File Type (to compile mex-files with Codewarrior on MacOSX) ?
Hello I am trying to compile a project (to have a mex-file at the end) with Codewarrior9 and Matlab7 (on a Mac). It works fine with Matlab5 and Codewarrior8, but not now. One of my problem is that Matlab5 was put in the project (I don't know how, it's not my project). Now I want to swap to Matlab7, but when I want to add it, Matlab7 appears as a directory (not in the Mac Finder though). The moderator of CW adviced me to check the extension of Matlab7 and add it to the mapping files settings of my project. However, I have no idea of what Matlab's File Type is. Also, CW asks me for ...

Can't i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
Hello, I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. Should Matlab be installed only in the root? How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? Thanks, shapper > I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i > choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. That is true > Should Matlab be installed only in the root? You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in the path. > How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? You ca...

How can I compile a matlab function .m file into mex dll?
I remembered that I have done this a while back. But now with the new MALTAB 7.0.4, I only can do it/// I have to use a combination of mex and mcc right? How can I do that? I want the dll to be callable from within Matlab so it should be mex dll thanks a lot On 21 Sep 2005 17:01:59 -0700, lunaliu3@yahoo.com wrote: > I remembered that I have done this a while back. > > But now with the new MALTAB 7.0.4, I only can do it/// > > I have to use a combination of mex and mcc right? > > How can I do that? > > I want the dll to be callable from within Matlab so it...

MATLAB compiler can't hide my M-files?
I am trying to compile my MATLAB into a C-standalone produt for deployment. But when I extract the package.exe, my original M-files are also extracted and placed in a directory under distribution/PROJECT_mcr/work/PROJECT where PROJECT is the name of my project. I thought the whole point of compiling MATLAB into C/C+ was so the end-user won't need to see your matlab code!! How do I turn it off? On Sep 18, 4:39 pm, "sri " <sri.r...@mathworks.com> wrote: > I am trying to compile my MATLAB into a C-standalone produt > for deployment. But when I extract the packa...

Matlab Compiler Other Files
I have written a GUI that loads from and writes over certain text files so that user input can be transferred from run to run. When I compile the progam, I include the default text files as part of the package (Other Files). I've found that when I run the program and overwrite the text files, the changes are reflected. I'm relatively sure that this is because the text files are changed within the mcr folder that is generated at runtime. However, are there any limitations to this? Should I be worried about any certain circumstances? ...

Does anybody know a way to convert Matlab code into Fortran and then compile Fortran mex dll file for Matlab 2006a?
Hi all, I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under MS Visual Studio.Net 2003 or Visual Studio.Net 2005 to set up environments for building mex dll file for Matlab on Windows XP? There is such a wizard tool for VC/C++, which is very convenient, just create a MEX project in Visual Studio and the compiled the result will be a mex dll for use in Matlab. I hope there is a similar tool for Fortran? Q3. Is there a tool to convert the Matlab code into Fortran with readability and then automatically make itself a mex dll? Thanks a lot! On Jul 6, 9:49 pm, "Linus Utopia" <linus_uto...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The > two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. > > Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with > readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized > and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. > > Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under ...

Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file
I'm having a problem with saving files in Matlab. Every so often Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file and shows this in the Editor window. All the code is gone and I am left with an empty file, saved over the top of my file with the same name. I am saving to a network drive and it happens to both me and my colleague. It also happen in multiple versions of Matlab. Any ideas? So far the best I have been able to do is make sure autosave is turned on and copy the contents of the autosave into the blank file, meaning I only lose a ...

Convert MatLab-files into Xfig files
Hello, Can you please help me on the following? I know that the .fig format of MatLab and Xfig are different though have the same endings. Nontheless I would like to convert my pictures from MatLab into Xfig pictures to edit them further - if possible. If it isn't possible, then does someone of you know which (well known) program I can use to draw graphs and convert them into xfig? Is it possible for Mathematica? Kind regards Lena Malinowski Hello Lena, you can use gnuplot to draw graphs (http://www.gnuplot.info/) and save them to xfig FIG files. Or you can use the program pstoedit (...

Converting matlab file to executable file
Hi i need to convert matlab file(m file) to exe file.I tried using "mcc -m a.m" command. But in my pragram i have used neural network and saved the network as .mat extention. I couldnt include the network in the executable file. Kindly help me out. Thank you, Priyadarisini "priyadarisini " <priyabme@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hpeidl$k4u$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi i need to convert matlab file(m file) to exe file.I tried using "mcc -m a.m" command. But in my pragram i have used neural network and saved the network as .mat extention. I couldn...

How to convert a Matlab file to a *.exe file ?
Please can someone tell me how to turn a matlab file to a *.exe ? Thanks search this newsgroup for ".exe" and you will find this question (and its answer) quite freqently... Titus "JParis" <JimmyClaire.Selatsa@de.bosch.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d070jo$dsr$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Please can someone tell me how to > turn a matlab file to a *.exe ? > > Thanks > > ...

converting fortran files to matlab files
hi there all, i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting fortran files into matlab files. i have some data that was created in fortran but i really need to work on that data in matlab, i m using matlab version 6.5. if anyone knows and can point me in the correct direction, i would be very grateful, Thank u for ure time Tapan Hi, You have to write mex files : Read this : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/ch06engi.html> J�r�me I don't understand....... You say: i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting f...

Saving a Matlab file as an executable file
Hi.. I have written a code in MATLAB and built its GUI.. The question is, is it possible to save the code or the GUI as an executable file, i.e. .exe rather than .m or .fig?? "marwan salih" <marwan_salih@mathworks.com> wrote in message <go8fod$8mr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi.. > I have written a code in MATLAB and built its GUI.. > The question is, is it possible to save the code or the GUI as an executable file, i.e. .exe rather than .m or .fig?? Only if you have access to the so called Matlab Compiler Regards Dave Robinson ...

Web resources about - Can I atomically include files to the ctf file of the Matlab compiler? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Corning announces atomically-improved Gorilla Glass 3 up to 3x more scratch resistant
It’s hardly one of the sexiest announcements to come out of this year’s CES, but the news that Corning has improved its toughened screen glass ...

Atomically Thin Tungsten Diselenide–Based Solar Cells Created — Flexible, Ultra-Thin, & Semi-Transparent ...
An atomically thin, new type of solar cell has been created out of tungsten diselenide by researchers at the Vienna University of Technology. ...

Wu-Tang, Atomically
As with most tales of great American fortitude, the Wu-Tang Clan’s starts at the bottom. Robert Diggs spent his early life in poverty, shuttling ...

Let's Build Maker Cities for Maker People Around New Resources Like Bandwidth, Compute, and Atomically-Precise ...
... of new Maker Cities in the vast emptiness that is North America and build them around digital resources like bandwidth, compute power, Atomically-Precise ...

NANOTECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Atomically precise nanoparticle provides better drug delivery. “Using a tec…
NANOTECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Atomically precise nanoparticle provides better drug delivery. “Using a technique known as ‘nucleic acid origami,’ chemical ...

Berkeley Lab Demos Atomically Thin Excitonic Laser
An important step towards next-generation ultra-compact photonic and optoelectronic devices has been taken with the realization of a two-dimensional ...

Atomically thin material opens door for integrated nanophotonic circuits
Researchers have described a new combination of materials that could be a step towards building computer chips capable of transporting digital ...

Could Atomically Thin Tin Transform Electronics?
The material, called stanene, could in theory mimic the properties of a room-temperature superconductor

Exciting breakthrough in 2-D lasers: Researchers demonstrate atomically thin excitonic laser
An important step towards next-generation ultra-compact photonic and optoelectronic devices has been taken with the realization of a two-dimensional ...

Ultimate Permeation Across Atomically Thin Porous Graphene
When using a membrane to separate materials, the efficiency of the separation is limited by how fast the gas or liquid passes through the membrane ...