Can I call matlab linear symstem solver in fortran or c on the machine without matlab ?

Can I call matlab linear symstem solver  in fortran or c  on the machine without matlab  ?
 I have a fortran code now.I need to solve  a sparse linear system.Can I call matlab A\B in my programming on the machine without matlab?Thank you all.
0
zedong

"zedong"
> Can I call matlab A\B in my programming on the machine without matlab...

no
us
0
us1 (8051)
2/14/2009 6:40:03 AM
"us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <gn5p03$sho$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "zedong"
> > Can I call matlab A\B in my programming on the machine without matlab...
>
> no
> us

Is the \ for sparse matrices not available with the MATLAB Compiler?

James Tursa
"zedong
" <zdongwu@gmail.com> wrote in message <gn5o21$r3l$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Can I call matlab linear symstem solver  in fortran or c  on the machine without matlab  ?
>  I have a fortran code now.I need to solve  a sparse linear system.Can I call matlab A\B in my programming on the machine without matlab?Thank you all.

Yes, effectively so.  A\b in MATLAB uses UMFPACK, CHOLMOD, MA57, a sparse QR by John Gilbert, and other specialized solvers (such as handling the case when A is lower triangular, or when A is banded with a density in the band that's high enough to warrant the use of LAPACK's band solvers).  Most of these codes are readily available.  MA57 requires a license; it's in the Harwell Subroutine Library.  I don't have a copy of Gilbert's sparse QR, but I do have a faster code.  All of these are in the SuiteSparse package on the FileExchange.

If you want to see exactly which sparse solver is being used, then do:

spparms ('spumoni',2)
A\b
spparms ('spumoni',0)

and then go get the corresponding solver.
0
davis6756 (476)

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

mex - matlab calls fortran which calls matlab which calls fortran
Dear All, I'm trying to link matlab and fortran with mex files and engine matlab, in linux OS. My general purpose is the following: 1) a matlab script A calls a mex function B based upon fortran source code 2) mex function B calls another function in matlab C within matlab engine 3) matlab routine C calls another mex file in fortran D While i'm able to do steps 2) and 3), I can't do step 1). Before to show the code, please reply to this simple question: Is it possible to build the overall process 1-3? On 8 Okt, 16:37, "Michele Catalano" <cata...@yahoo.it> wr...

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #3
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #2
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

EngSim: All Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++, /C++. Good Graphics.
ENGSIM is an Engineering Simulation & Graphics Library for Microsoft Visual C++. It has all Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Very Easy to program. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++. Graphics Support is Very Good. Support Negative Indexing for Array/Matrix, Complex Array and Complex Matrix. Support Fix-point/Floating-point Communications Engineering and Signal Processing Simulation. Support Statistical Analysis. Support User- Defined Classes. Support User-Graphics Development ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

How can I run a matlab file in a PC without Matlab?
Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab program? If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. Thanks Try to use the mcc command. help mcc for more info greetz Stefan "Gabriel" <txiqui@excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eedf6f5.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't > have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab > program? > If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. > > Thanks ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A round...

vectorized computation in C++ such as those in Matlab (Matlab to C++)?
Dear all, Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to send in a vector of u's. All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... But u is a vector. Thus, t6 becomes a vector. t9 is an element-wise multiplication... The following code was actually converted from Matlab. If vectorized computation is not facilitated, then I have to call this function millions of times. But if vectorized computation is okay, then I can send in just a u vector with batch elements a time. I have man...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash #2
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

Can't i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
Hello, I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. Should Matlab be installed only in the root? How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? Thanks, shapper > I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i > choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. That is true > Should Matlab be installed only in the root? You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in the path. > How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? You ca...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

How can I create a FORTRAN .dll that can call matlab
We would like to run Matlab from within a program written in FORTRAN. However, the only part of the FORTRAN source code that is open to us is designed to compile into a .dll to be linked to the main program at run time. Matlab does have these ´┐Żengine´┐Ż functions for calling matlab from FORTRAN or C++ executables. However, for compatibility with the main program the FORTRAN subroutine must compile to a .dll file. If it is possible at all, it would probably involve modifying the df66engmatopts.bat file. But the options and the corresponding documentation is bewildering. I guess the most essential...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

Create (Matlab) object inside C/C++ and pass it to Matlab
I'm trying to create an object inside C++ and then pass it to Matlab via en= gPutVariable. It seems I can create a struct // Create a float array mxArray *acq_data =3D mxCreateNumericMatrix(0, 0, mxSINGLE_CLASS); float *data =3D (float *)mxCalloc(M*N, sizeof(float)); mxSetData(acq_data, data); mxSetM(acq_data, M); mxSetN(acq_data, N); // Convert to struct const char *fieldname =3D "data"; mxArray *acq_struct =3D mxCreateStructMatrix(1,1,1, &fieldname); mxSetField(acq_struct,i,"data",acq_data); // Convert to class ?? Does it work? if (j=3D=3D1...

how can i call matlab from c#
how can i call matlab from c# and how can use matlab functions in c# to make stand alone application without matlab ...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Web resources about - Can I call matlab linear symstem solver in fortran or c on the machine without matlab ? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Twitter

BETTA FISH - Betta Fish Care - Breeding - Foods - Maintenance - Cures
Betta fish advice you can trust. A complete library of information about betta fish. Download free articles now; save time and money today.