Can't get text to be recognized as text when figure is oriented tall or portrait

Hey folks,

If I have a figure and I type:

figure(1);
orient landscape;
print -f1 -dpsc 'myfig.ps';

when I import it into Corel everything comes out fine and the text is text.

If I take the same figure and do:
figure(1);
orient tall; %or orient portrait;
print -f1 -dpsc 'myfig.ps';

Corel doesn't understand that the text is text, and just uses curves, which is a real pain.

Anyone with any idea as to what's going on?

Thanks!

I found that this opens fine in illustrator, but I use Corel. There seems to be a difference in the encoding that Corel can't handle in the tall and portrait modes.