Can't i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?

Hello,

I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i
choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it.

Should Matlab be installed only in the root?

How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?

Thanks,
shapper
0
none2260 (22)

> I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i
> choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it.

That is true

> Should Matlab be installed only in the root?

You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in
the path.

> How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?

You cannot.
Michael Robbins wrote:

>> I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i
>> choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it.
>
> That is true
>
>> Should Matlab be installed only in the root?
>
> You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in
> the path.
>
>> How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
>
> You cannot.

Have you tried putting "~" ? What happens if you typed like
"C:/progra~/matlab/? It might work.
Michael Robbins wrote:

>> I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i
>> choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it.
>
> That is true
>
>> Should Matlab be installed only in the root?
>
> You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in
> the path.
>
>> How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
>
> You cannot.
Sorry!
I mean "C:/progra~1/matlab/".

I would not recommend doing so. We dis-allowed spaces in the directory name
for a reason. In current releases, if there is a space in the directory
name, you can run into a number of serious bugs. We understand that this is
an inconvenience and are working hard to address the issue in an up-coming
release.

Thanks for your time!
Sean

"Sagar Nepali" <sagarnepali@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Michael Robbins wrote:
> >

> >> I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i
> >> choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it.
> >
> > That is true
> >
> >> Should Matlab be installed only in the root?
> >
> > You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in
> > the path.
> >
> >> How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
> >
> > You cannot.
> Sorry!
> I mean "C:/progra~1/matlab/".

0
scote (116)
2/22/2005 4:39:01 PM
Next to the fact that this limitation is absolutely rediculous, and
knowing that Matlab 6.5 didn't have such problem, is there a way to
move an existing installation of Matlab7 from C:\Program
Files\Matlab7 to let's say C:\MATLAB7 ? I'm thinking about registry
settings and so on ... cause it just cost me about 30 min to install
the frickin' program. And why the hell can you pick a path with
spaces during the install? I mean, checking for a space or a tilde
and putting a big red exclamation sign saying "Matlab 7 doesn't
support spaces in the path name" couldn't be that hard to implement?
sigh ...

Sean Cote wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would not recommend doing so. We dis-allowed spaces in the
> directory name
> for a reason. In current releases, if there is a space in the
> directory
> name, you can run into a number of serious bugs. We understand that
> this is
> an inconvenience and are working hard to address the issue in an
> up-coming
> release.
>
> Thanks for your time!
> Sean
>
> "Sagar Nepali" <sagarnepali@hotmail.com> wrote in message

but when
it.

>> > That is true

>> > You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a
> space in
>> > the path.

>> > You cannot.
>> Sorry!