Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2

Hello,

   I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.

  I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything.

Thanks very much

On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson
<geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab
> function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my
> function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have
> Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.
>
>   I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using
> native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression,
> so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while,
> and haven't found anything.
>
> Thanks very much

You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not
sure if this is the same as zlib though.
On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" <geoffrey.seab...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> =A0 =A0I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab f=
unction. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my functio=
n, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installe=
d on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.

> =A0 I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using nati=
ve Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm o=
pen to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't=
 found anything.

> Thanks very much

Check out http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8899

--Peter

Web resources about - Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...