Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2

Hello,

   I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.

  I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything.

Thanks very much

On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson
<geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab
> function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my
> function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have
> Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.
>
>   I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using
> native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression,
> so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while,
> and haven't found anything.
>
> Thanks very much

You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not
sure if this is the same as zlib though.
On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" <geoffrey.seab...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> =A0 =A0I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab f=
unction. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my functio=
n, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installe=
d on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on.

> =A0 I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using nati=
ve Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm o=
pen to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't=
 found anything.

> Thanks very much

Check out http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8899

--Peter