cardioid plot?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi guys,
does somebody have any ideas how to plot a cardioid in
3d?
Is there a simple way to revolve a function f(x)
around x to achieve this?

Best Regards,
Tom
0
Reply thomas.kunz (1) 6/4/2007 3:40:14 AM

See related articles to this posting

Plotting
Hi, I am trying to plot a series of randomly generated line segments. However for some weird reason the following code is not plotting all of them. For example, if I were to set the num variable to 3, it only shows either 1 or 2 lines. If i set it to 6, it only displays 4 lines... I'm lost!! If you need more parts of my code please let me know. Thanks. for i = 1:num if (i == 1) axis([0 film_length 0 film_length]); hold all; end X{i} = originX(i,1):0.1:endX(i,1); Y{i} = slope(i,1) * X{i} + intercept(i,1); p = plot(X{i},Y{i}); if (type...

Plot and Plots
Hi everyone, I am trying to produce a graphic showing continent outlines, coastlines etc, with a graticule and the footprint of a satellite image. I can do all this by using MAP_SET, and then I use PLOTS to plot a vector of the image coordinates. Using MAP_SET however, I can only specify a STEREOGRAPHIC projection, when I want a POLAR STEREOGRAPHIC projection. To get a POLAR STEREOGRAPHIC projection I need to use MAP_PROJ_INIT and then PLOT to display the graticule. However when I do this I cant seem to get PLOTS to display the image footprint. I have converted my image footprint coordinates...

plot in plot?
Hi, I've a problem with the plot- respectively imagesc-function. I want to diplay a sketch in the same figure displayed by imagesc. The problem is that the sketch does not consist of full matrix, it are just a lot of points that have to be plotted. The points are simply represented by one x-& y-value pair. By now i can display it only using a for-function and plot point by point - what needs a lot of time. Another approach was to change the linestyle of the plot and use markers, but if choose the marker '.' the sketch gets to large points. Is there a way that "plot" d...

How do you plot multiple plots in an array with no space between plots?
I have some data that I'd like to plot in 12 small square plots, and then arrange those 12 plots into a 4x3 rectangular array. The thing I'd like to do that I don't know how to do is simplify the 4x3 rectangular array by squeezing the plots together, such that there is no space between the plots: the right-hand border of a plot should be coincident with the left-hand border of the plot to its right, and its lower border should be coincident with the upper border of the plot right below it. Imagine 12 squares on a checkerboard; that's what I'm aiming for. As far as I ca...

PLOTS and the new PLOT
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how the new PLOT() handles scalars/1-element arrays for X and Y? Or do you still have to use PLOTS? If you have a graphic created with PLOT(/buffer), will a subsequent call to PLOTS go on the right plot? Or will it try to go in a window? Thanks! --Gray On Aug 21, 9:13=A0am, Gray <grayliketheco...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how the new PLOT() handles scalars/1-element arrays > for X and Y? =A0Or do you still have to use PLOTS? > > If you have a graphic created with PLOT(/buffer), will a subsequent > call to PLOTS...

plotting implicit plot.
hi mans.. i need to plot a circumference so i need to plot in implicit form.. such as x^2+y^2-5x-2=0.. so how can i do?? i find also this topic http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/21684 but it doesn't help me much.. i also tryed this: plot(plot::Implicit2d(x^2+y^2-1, x = -1..1, y = -1..1)) and matlab find an error.. >> plot(plot::Implicit2d(x^2+y^2-1, x = -1..1, y = -1..1)) ??? plot(plot::Implicit2d(x^2+y^2-1, x = -1..1, y = -1..1)) | Error: Unexpected MATLAB operator. maybe becouse i need to install mupad??..where i can find?.. how can i r...

Plotting density plots
Hi, I am looking for a free application running on windows able to display 2D sets of data (like a matrice) as a density plot (plotting values assumed at (x,y) by a color displayed at (x,y) on the screen). Gnuplot for instance, does not have this feature implemented. Thanks! ...

How to plot an empty Plot?
Hi folks, i have a data-file like this: datafile---- date time y1 y2 y3 22.02.2007 15:51:58 20.72 19.36 21.08 20.69 22.37 20 31.8 32.1 954.7 22.02.2007 15:52:02 20.71 19.36 21.08 20.69 22.36 20 31.8 32.1 954.7 22.02.2007 15:52:06 20.71 19.36 21.08 20.69 22.36 20 31.8 32.1 954.7 ----/datafile i now want to plot a graph with date/time as x-axis and one of the other y-rows. It works so far so good if i set xrange to a date/time which is included in the data-file. If i try to set a time, which isn't included i don't get an empty graph as su...

How to plot surface plots
I would like to know how to make surface plot using X, Y and Z. I have values for all the three variables. A Surface plot for force is required (Z) Speed Feed Force 1050 0,05 88 1050 0,1 103,2 1050 0,15 129,4 2020 0,05 89 2020 0,1 111,2 2020 0,15 124,25 2750 0,05 73,2 2750 0,1 100,25 2750 0,15 137,33 "Vijayan " <vkrishnaraj@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gvgq6a$o4s$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I would like to know how to make surface plot using X, Y and Z. > > I have values for all the three variables. A Surface plot for force is required (Z) > > Speed ...

Plot and area in same plot?
I would like to plot a line and color a specific area under the line. However, if I do a area command after the plot command, the plot is disappearing. How can I do this? Peter <peter@smitmail.eu> wrote in message <9b5e40a8-67db-4c29-8f75-c62508daa0ee@g31g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>... > I would like to plot a line and color a specific area under the line. > > However, if I do a area command after the plot command, the plot is > disappearing. How can I do this? If you want one plot to remain while putting another one down, use the HOLD command: >> hold on &quo...

Plot contour plots on 2D planes of 3D plot
Hi, I am trying to plot 3 contour plots (2D) on the three planes that defines a 3D plot, I mean, one contour plot in the ZX plane, another in the ZY, and the last one in the XY plane. Any idea how to do it? Cheers, Jorge. "Jorge " <j.fernandez@uam.es> wrote in message <frtvud$el7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I am trying to plot 3 contour plots (2D) on the three planes > that defines a 3D plot, I mean, one contour plot in the ZX > plane, another in the ZY, and the last one in the XY plane. > Any idea how to do it? > &...

Labeled Plot not a Plot?
My latest hassle arises, so far as I can tell, from doing the following: myPlot = <An ordinary plot>; myLabeledPlot = Labeled[myPlot, "\nMy label string\n", {{Top,Left}}]; Print[myLabeled Plot]; Export["my_labeled_plot.pdf", myLabeledPlot]; and then importing my_labeled_plot.pdf into a Tex source file using pdftex. The output of the Print[myLabeledPlot] looks fine: just what I want, and all in one cell. But when the exported my_labeled_plot.pdf file is either viewed in the TeX'd file or just opened in Acrobat, the label strin...

plotting sub plots
for n= 1:5 %steps involving calculating the following y_UP.... y_DOWN..... t...... %plotting h=figure(); plot(t, y_UP, 'b'); hold on; plot(t, y_DOWN,'r'); hold off; xlabel('Time(microseconds)') ylabel('Amplitude') end Since it is in a loop, each time it goes through the loop for different values of the loop variable, it plots a graph. What I'd like to do though is to have them all on one graph as sub plots after going through n...

Creating a plot with line plot and scatter plot in the same figure
Hello, I am looking to plot a line plot of a function (say, x^2) and a scatter plot of various data points on the same figure. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps it involves using the "hold on" command? Thanks so much for your time! Andrew "Andrew " <rearwindow1954@yahoo.com> wrote in message <g6d0vs$kfq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > Perhaps it involves using the "hold on" command? > Likely yes. Bruno ...

Plotting a 3d plot
have 3 arrays all 270 x 1 . all have one to one correspondence and am trying to get a3d plot.surf,surface didnt work and gave me error matrix dimensions must match. Any suggestions? Thanks Shweta ...

How to plot 4 plots in one plot/image/pdf?
Hello, I am using gnuplot with AquaTerm and MacOS. Does anybody know how to plot 4 different plots in one image? Like it is shown in the second screenshot on: http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net/index.shtml?page=s1 Regards, Martin Martin P�pping schrieb: > Does anybody know how to plot 4 different plots in one image? > Like it is shown in the second screenshot on: > http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net/index.shtml?page=s1 I�ve found a solution: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-gnuplot/ Regards, Martin In article <es4ar2$e0f$1@new...

How to plot on the same graphs when iterating ,I have two plots in which data is plotted iteartively
I need help in plotting my data, I have two plots one for exact and numerical values of a function and the other for error, In my program i want to plot exact and numerical values in first plot and error on second plot and It completes one iteration , After it comes for the second iteration ,I need the same to happen again, I am trying hold on and n=0; for xi= delxi:delxi:ximax for i=1:npteta FE(i)=(erf((1-eta(i))/(2*sqrt(xi)))+erf((1+eta(i))/(2*sqrt(xi))))*0.5; end pn(1) = 1; qn(1) = 0; for i = 2:npteta-1 A(i) = (1.0/(deleta^2)...

How to save a specific plot as image and then use that image to plot into 3d plot.
I would like to know if there is any way to plot image (jpeg,tiff,bmp) on axis plot. I am currently doing a 3D volume (6 surfaces) plotting function which involves very large data set (more than 100MB worth of file size). The data will create 6 surfaces; top,bottom,left,right,front,back. While I can load the volume cube (using surf), rotating or zooming in/out really slows down/sometimes hangs the graph. I understand it happens because of the amount of data it needs to process over every rotation. My question is, are there any way to save each of the surfaces as images. This is so I can repl...

Plot a series of lines on another plot, holding only the current line on top of the other plot.
Hi I'm trying to plot a series of lines within a loop on another plot, so that only the current loops line shows up on the old plot, whilst holding the old plot as it is. for i=1:endpoint for j=1:endtime plot3([0 XL1(i,j)],[0 YL1(i,j)],[0 ZL1(i,j)],'LineWidth',2); plot3([XL1(i,j) XL1(i,j)+XL2(i,j)],[YL1(i,j) YL1(i,j)+YL2(i,j)],[ZL1(i,j) ZL1(i,j)+ZL2(i,j)],'LineWidth',2); pause(0.1) end end thats the plot i want added to the old figure, but if i add 'hold off', it removes the previous plot. How do i fix this? On 4/11/2013 10:35 AM, Daniel wrote: &g...

How to plot this? special kind of plot...
Hi all, I am having problems trying to find out how to plot this data: I have polar coordinates and for each pair (theta, radius) i have a value which I want to plot as an intensity level. Any ideas how to do this? thanks a lot. Edgar Hi Edgar, try this: % your data theta = linspace(0,pi,100); radius = ones(1,100); value = 100*rand(1,100); % convert polar to cartesian [x,y] = pol2cart(theta,radius); % scatter plot: bubble size indicates value on a 2D plane scatter(x,y,value) % stem3 plot: line length in 3D space indicates value figure stem3(x,y,value) Regards, Heinrich Sounds like...

drawing over contourf plots with plot
I have made a contour plot with contourf, i have hold on. I want to draw lines on top of the contour plot using plot, but nothing is drawn. How do I draw on top of contour plots using plot? On Friday, January 25, 2013 2:05:08 PM UTC+13, G. Michael wrote: > I have made a contour plot with contourf, i have hold on. I want to draw lines on top of the contour plot using plot, but nothing is drawn. How do I draw on top of contour plots using plot? Just do it the way you describe. It works. I do it all the time. Of course, the colour of the lines has to be distinguishable from the co...

PLOT() function...which WINDOW() to plot to...?
Hello, I have some code that does this: ; Set the graphics buffering buffer = KEYWORD_SET(png) then, inside some loops (director and file lists), a window is created like so: w = WINDOW( $ WINDOW_TITLE = rts_file_list[i], $ DIMENSIONS = [800,w_ysize], $ BUFFER = buffer ) and then inside an addition loop (data items), a plot is created like so: index++ pn = PLOT( $ channel_index, new_data, $ XTITLE=xtitle, $ TITLE = item_name[j], $ LAYOUT = [ n_col, n_row, index ], ...

Hiding a plot and saving the plot
Hi all! I'm having this need to save a plot as jpg file. i know that i can use the command below: saveas(gcf, 'C:\BP_201204_001.jpg'); however, before that i would need to create the plot say plot(0:20000, result); i would like to plot the 'result' without displaying the plot to screen, thereafter saving the plot using saveas function. is there any command which i can use that i have not yet found? can any kind soul help me out? Thank you! Victor Kwan Victor Kwan: <SNIP a clandestine file-saver... one of the solutions: fnam='foo.jpg'; fh=fig...

plotting cumulative number plot
Sir, I have a column namely P . I want to plot a curve which will have values of P in the x axis and the cumulative number of that values of P in y axis. How can I do this in matlab? Please help me Thanks in advance regards Moon On 4/1/2013 7:43 AM, Moon Datta wrote: > Sir, > I have a column namely P . I want to plot a curve which will have values of P >in the x axis and the cumulative number of that values of P in y axis. How can I do this in matlab? > > Please help me > Thanks in advance > > regards > Moon > You mean like this? ...