cardioid plot?

Hi guys,
does somebody have any ideas how to plot a cardioid in
3d?
Is there a simple way to revolve a function f(x)
around x to achieve this?

Best Regards,
Tom
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207051 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

SOS bode plot? or conversion to sys object?
I have a matrix of direct form II second-order-section (SOS) coefficients. What is the best way to produce a bode plot of the filter implemented by these SOS coefficients? Is there some way to convert SOS coefficients into a sys object that plays nicely with the other functions in the control system toolbox? thanks, Tobin ...

plot 3D
Je souhaiterais visualiser en 3D la repr=E9sentation dans l'espace couleur = RVB des points d'une image. Je poss=E8de donc 3 matrices R V B.<br>Le nuage= de points est encadr=E9 par un paral=E9ll=E9pip=E8de. Je souhaiterais incr= uster cette figure sur la visualisation pr=E9c=E9dente. <br>Merci ...

Advice on module for plotting graphs
I'm currently writing a small system to automate a process of "cut+paste into excel, output as a graph" someone is currently having to do. Importing and munging the data I'm happy* with, creating a graph I have absolutely no experience of. I've had a look around CPAN, but there appear to be a million and one modules that may do what I'm looking for, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) or advice on which direction to go? (One option is always to output excel-importable data and then carry on using excel to create the graphs, but that's not really ver...

Surface plot flyover movie
Hi, Does any know how to create a movie of a surface plot? Basically I want to capture frames as the camera does a flyover the surface plot looking down, then create a movie. Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you in advance. Adrian Den Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:12:48 +0000 skrev adrian.peter: > Hi, > > Does any know how to create a movie of a surface plot? Basically I > want to capture frames as the camera does a flyover the surface plot > looking down, then create a movie. Is there an easy way to do this? > Thank you in advance. > > Adrian Hi, try: surf(pea...

plot GRIB2 data as an image
I'm trying to load in some GRIB2 formatted data in the hopes of producing an image of cloud top heights. I've decoded the data into a ..c format file, using grib_api-0.7.2 as instructed by the folks at ECMWF, but can't seem to do anything with it! Basically, all I want to do with the data is to take the GRIB2 file that I have, decode it, and then use IDL to plot a global map of the data. Would love some insight! Does anyone have something that will do this or any insight that could help? Thanks in advance! Jane Hurley Can you read the .c file? Can you post a piece of it here? ...

plotting a box in a 3D scatter plot?
I need to plot a buch of points in 3D space, and will be re-coloring the points that fall within a box centered at the origin. I'd like to actually include the box outline in the plot, but don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks. -Steve Hi, see one solution there : toja, "cubes out of rectangles" #, 25 Aug 2005 3:50 am </WebX?50@@.ef120bb> Just simplify the ploygons Search also for "voxel" in the File Exchange. J�r�me ...

Why isn't my graph plotting?
Hello, I am trying to plot the movement of a line about a vertex. Here is my code: for time_array = linspace(0, tf, number_of_points); axis([-1.5 1.5 -1.5 1.5]) hold on plot([0, elbow_x_array], [0, elbow_y_array],'r') the_time = time_array title ('movement of robot hand from the inital positon to the final position') xlabel('x position (m)') ylabel('y position (m)') hold off if time_array==0 pause(2) elseif time_array==tf pause(2) else pause(0.1) end clf end...

Is there a way to stack man 2-D plots to make a pseudo 3D plot?
Hello, I am trying to make a plot by "stacking" many 2D plots on the third axis and make them into a pseudo 3D plot. I have tried with splot by specifying the y values of each "slice" and this worked. However, apart from just plotting the data, I also need to fit the data in each of the 2D graph. Now here comes the problem, the fitted curves as was in the 2D graph became "surfaces" when I plot the fitted function. Is there any better way to do what I need to avoid this problem? Thank you very much. Tzu-Lan Yeh tzulan.yeh@gmail.com wrote: >...

Problem with plot
Hello, my Name is Jorge Gracia and I'm a newbie here in this forum and also using matlab. I have a problem creating a plot. I have this in Matlab in a m-file: l_min = 0; l_max = 30; anzahl = 5; geschw=(-40000:(80000/(20/0.1)):40000)'; for i=0:anzahl-1 L = l_min + ((l_max-l_min)/(anzahl-1))*i; load_system('Reibkraft.mdl'); sim('Reibkraft'); Reibkraft = F_r; subplot(1,1,1,'Parent', Hauptfenster); plot(geschw,Reibkraft); title('Reibungskennlinien'); xlabel('Geschwindigkeit [mm/min]'); ...

Export Surface plots to eps
Hi, if I export surface plots to eps I get some artefacts. It looks like the diagonals of the triangles will be displayed. I see the effect only, if I export to eps or pdf, but not on jpeg or png. Further, the plot in the matlab figure window is ok. There is no difference wheter I export with the menu of the figure window, with print -deps filename.eps or saveas(figure(1), 'filename','eps'). Ideas? I would also like to know if there is a workaround for this! I get the same result: a thin white line bisects each quadrilateral face of the surface when shading is set to the...

How Do I Plot a Matrix using Twiddle Factor?
Will someone please instruct me on how to plot the following? I have a n x n matrix that is needed for computation of DFT using "twiddle factor" without using FFT function.. Here is my code for that portion of it: N = 1024 I = repmat(0:N-1,N,1); M = exp(-j*2*pi/N*rem(I.*I.',N)) %Now I want to sample this at 2.5Khz with a signal of x=2*sin(2*pi*500*t)+cos(2*pi*400*t) t=0:.001:1.023 f = 2500*(0:512)/1024; plot(f,X(1:1024)); title('Plot of magnitude spectrum of the DFT)') My question is how do I do this? I'm using Matlab7. Thanks for any help you can provide me! Le...

plotting in matlab
hi can anybody tell me how can i plot x^4+y^2/(1+x^2)=1 in matlab.i guess, solving y for an interval of x and then plot(x,y) is a way to do this.but there must be a better meethod to plot the equation. thanx Try EZPLOT You'll have to make the equation equal to zero, but that's not so hard. >> ezplot('x^4+y^2/(1+x^2)-1') -Brian "barbaros" <barbarossadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13c8c7ae.0312181247.280d612e@posting.google.com... > hi > can anybody tell me how can i plot x^4+y^2/(1+x^2)=1 in matlab.i > guess, solving y for an i...

How to plot this? special kind of plot...
Hi all, I am having problems trying to find out how to plot this data: I have polar coordinates and for each pair (theta, radius) i have a value which I want to plot as an intensity level. Any ideas how to do this? thanks a lot. Edgar Hi Edgar, try this: % your data theta = linspace(0,pi,100); radius = ones(1,100); value = 100*rand(1,100); % convert polar to cartesian [x,y] = pol2cart(theta,radius); % scatter plot: bubble size indicates value on a 2D plane scatter(x,y,value) % stem3 plot: line length in 3D space indicates value figure stem3(x,y,value) Regards, Heinrich Sounds like...

How to determine plot cmd from figure
How can you reveal the command that matlab uses to plot a function from the workspace. In particular, I want to know how to return the commands used when you right click in the workspace area and chose the plot option to create a figure from one of the named variables. How do you find out how the command the system chose to create the resulting figure? michael Moseley: > How can you reveal the command that matlab uses to plot a function from the workspace. well, it's right there: % assume you have <x> in your ws window: x=1:10 % now, a gentle right click will show: ...

Units with plots?
Should the new Mathematica 9 functionality of built-in units handling be extended from numerics and symbolics to graphics, too? For example, whereas the following is allowed with units . . . Plot[x^2, {x, Quantity[0, "Meters"], Quantity[1, "Meters"]}] .. . . Quantity does not seem to be allowed in expressions such as: Graphics[Disk[{Quantity[0, "Meters"], Quantity[0, "Meters"]}, Quantity[2, "Meters"]]] The built-in QuantityMagnitude applied to the arguments can take care of that, but it seems to me that a fully integrated ...

Can LabVIEW print out a vertical strip plot like a chart...
Can LabVIEW print out a vertical strip plot like a chart recorder (on multiple pages) with true depth scale? I am collecting data on multiple channels (XScale) and plotting them in a vertical strip plot against length (depth on the YScale). I need to print these vertical strip plots with true depth scale (e.g. 1:100 or 1cm:1m) mimicking a chart recorder (i.e. on multiple pages, a fanfold printer). Is this possible with LabVIEW? Any suggestions? I am currently using LabVIEW 7.0 on 1GHz Pentium 3 running Windows XP. Thanks in Advance Hi there, There are two different ways of printing from L...

Plot 2D
I would like to plot points (x(70),y(70)) in 2D, each point has a value(z(70)) and i want to use color to represent these values (from min. value to max. value) and then interpolate these colours from x(min) to x(max) and y(min) to y(max). Thanks "Tarek Kansowa" <tareksael@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h4q37t$d87$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I would like to plot points (x(70),y(70)) in 2D, each point has a value(z(70)) and i want to use color to represent these values (from min. value to max. value) and then interpolate these colours from x(min) to x(max) and y(min) to y...

How to add annotations to plots using plot own coordinate system and not the figure?
I have no used annotation in Matlab before. But it seems strange that one can only use Figure based coordinates and not the actual data used to make a plot. For example, suppose I have a simple plot of a sin() and want to make an arrow from (0,0) to say (pi,1): -------------------- close all x = -pi:pi/10:pi; plot(x,sin(x)); ------------------ Now if I use annotation('textarrow',x,y), then the 'x' and 'y' in this call wants coordinates relating to the figure window itself and not to the plot coordinates. This makes these annotation useless really to...

Plotting without axes and background
Hi all, I want to plot a sonogram using imagesc(), How can I get rid of the axes and gray border area around the image? Thanks in advance, Joost In article <f8lt6q$86r$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Joost van Doremalen <joostvromans@student.ru.nl> wrote: >I want to plot a sonogram using imagesc(), >How can I get rid of the axes and gray border area around the image? To get rid of the axis, set its Visible property to be off. To get rid of the gray border area, resize the figure to only be big enough to hold the image. Or change the figure background colour. -- Prototypes are ...

cardioid plot?
Hi guys, does somebody have any ideas how to plot a cardioid in 3d? Is there a simple way to revolve a function f(x) around x to achieve this? Best Regards, Tom ...

Matlab GUI plotting troubles.
I have created a multi-tabed GUI interface and am having problems with the plots on tabs that are in the back ground showing through to the current figure. Once I click over to the back tabs and then come back the problem corrects itself. I am unsure on how to correct this problem, is there any way to refresh the plots on each tab? Brian ...

Please help a newbie: Matlab freqz.m -- Plotting a functions frequency response
hi. Iam new to the signal processing toolbox. Trying to do something pretty simple, but having spent all day hunting around on the web and mathworks cant find the answer. I have a function, which acts to filter a timeseries. I would like to plot its magnitude response using freqz. The function is of the form: function signal = myFunc(ts1, ts2, conf) %ts1 and ts2 are vectors %conf is an struct passed in containing all the parameter values for the filter signal = (aconf.1*ts1 + conf.a2*ts1 + conf.a3* ts1) * (conf.b1*ts2 + conf.b2) end Can anyone help me understand what...

Plotting
Hi, I have one dataset data one; infile cards; input year time sales ; cards; 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 3 7 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 1 3 3 2 9 3 3 3 ; run; I have to plot sales*time by year by joining the dots and using color black. Also, I want to highlight any observation with red. Just that dot. Any one could come up with an easy way to do that? Thanks so much! Michael Hi Michael - Do you want sales*time = different lines on the same graph, or different graphs? The first will do the same graph; the second will do different graphs. Sorry, don't know how to highlight a spot in particular. When I h...

Plot Figure
Dear All If I have vector x with 1000 entries. How I can plot the 1000 points using line whereas I want to add markers on only 10 or 20 points in one plot. Also I want to use legend which including the marker over the line. Thanks Ayman Elnashar: <SNIP wants to set special marks to a few of his/her ludicrously many dots on the canvas... one way: x=1:10000; y=x+1000*rand(size(x)); ix=1:500:x(end); line(x,y,... 'color',[1 0 0]); line(x(ix),y(ix),... 'marker','o',... 'markerfacecolor',[0 0 0],... &...

Plot and Plots
Hi everyone, I am trying to produce a graphic showing continent outlines, coastlines etc, with a graticule and the footprint of a satellite image. I can do all this by using MAP_SET, and then I use PLOTS to plot a vector of the image coordinates. Using MAP_SET however, I can only specify a STEREOGRAPHIC projection, when I want a POLAR STEREOGRAPHIC projection. To get a POLAR STEREOGRAPHIC projection I need to use MAP_PROJ_INIT and then PLOT to display the graticule. However when I do this I cant seem to get PLOTS to display the image footprint. I have converted my image footprint coordinates...