Cell Tracking Algorithms

I am working on a cell tracking problem,wherein multiple cells have to be tracked over a number of video frames (black and white).We have used bipartite matching to solve the problem,using only the cell centres.The area or contour of the cells cannot be used since the images are too noisy;filtering results in loss of such information.Now in order to test the efficiency of our method we need to compare it against some other well established tracking algorithms.Can anyone suggest some algorithm of this sort,which can be applied to black and white images and only uses the position information (I have come across a number of algorithms which use colour/contour/area on the net)???
0
Rohit
10/10/2010 5:15:05 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206945 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Display a cell array in listbox
I want to display a cell content in listbox, the cell has double and string, what is the best way to do that and display the cell content m by n. Thanks Feng wrote: > I want to display a cell content in listbox, the cell has double and string, what is the > best way to do that and display the cell content m by n. Please give a small example of what your cell is like, and what you want each corresponding listbox line to be like. Generally speaking, use char() to convert the string cells to a fixed-width char array, one array row for each cell row. Use sprintf() or num2str() possibl...

Videostudio 7 music track level
Hi - I am having problems adjusting the audio level on the music track section. I click on the music track (displayed as the bottom-most audio track) and change its level. No matter what audio level I set (just for the music track) it comes out the same level on the DVD I burn relative to the regular audio track on the avi and mpeg files. Sometimes the level does change for the burn but only when I save the project to a different .VSP file. Is this a general problem with VisualStudio or is it just a specialized problem I am having? regards, _rorbert Hi - I should...

Changing Cells' Background Colors in Excel via LabVIEW Platform.
Hello!   I would like to be able to change specificifically located cells' background colors in Excel files after "running" a LabVIEW VI. This can be easily accomplished when you're working within the Excel application (i.e. Position the cursor to the wanted cell & click FORMAT --> CELLS --> PATTERNS --> COLOR). Does someone know how these same actions can be realized via a LabVIEW VI, without going into the Excel application?   Thank you!   FYI. I downloaded evaluation LV8.5 & works perfect......

How can I find optimum solution using Genetic algorithm for this function?
function z=aggregate() .... .... .... .... TWT = positive_sum + negative_sum; [ y,m,d,h,mn,s] = datevec(positive_sum); a = h * 60 + mn ; z = ( counter * 60 * 24)+ (a); end I need a optimal sequence(of say 12 variables) from genetic algorithm based on the minimum value of z. How can I achieve this using optimization toolbox in matlab? Please help. ...

Re: Genetic algorithm #4
PD: The term 'genetic algorithm' can have different meanings. A 'genetic algorithm' may refer to a to a programming method that begins with an approximate solution and searches a problem space randomly for progressively better solutions. A gene analysis program refers any of a very large number of programs that match and compare sites on DNA and RNA microarrays or other representations of genetic information. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of PD Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.ED...

Send faxes using Cell Phones
HI, I have an IBM T42 with buletooth & my cell phone nokik 6600 also has blue tooth. At times i connect to the internet using my cell via blueooth, basically when i make the dial up connection i use the standard modem via bluetooth instead of intgrated IBM modem. The problem is that i need to send faxes using the same system. Technically i want to know how do i make calls uing my laptop via my cell thru bluetooth. & how do i configure my fax software( the windows built in version) to used this set up. Thanks Gaurav Shah ...

Chapter with minitoc in a cell
Hi, I would like to produce a table of contents of each chapter inside a cell table like the one in the book "Digital television standardization and strategies" with a sample chapter at http://www.artechhouse.com/GetBLOB.asp?Name=Grimme297-ch02.pdf Does anyone knows how to make that chapter style? Best regards, Charles Charles Casimiro Cavalcante wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to produce a table of contents of each chapter inside a > cell table like the one in the book "Digital television > standardization and strategies" with a sample chapter at >...

Removing cells from a cell array
I don't think there's a function for removing a cell from a cell array in Matlab. I've looked in all the Matlab documentation on and offline that I could find, but nothing mentions this. Let's say I have a cell array: a{1} = 'hello'; a{2} = 'world'; a{3} = 'bye'; a{4] = 'now'; If I want to delete a{3}: a{3} = []; But that doesn't actually remove the 3rd cell and shunt everything after it along, as I would like. This is a problem for me, because I want to use the length of the cell array to know how many items there are. I could set up a...

Re: Cell["\<\ ... \>", ... ; TextData[...]
Cell[_String] is equivalent to Cell[TextData[{_String}]] as far as the front end is concerned. The former is just an abbreviation of the latter syntax, which is necessarily used when the contents are more complex (e.g., contain styles or buttons). The \<\> business dates back to a hoarier day (in my opinion) in the design of strings in Mathematica. Once upon a time, Mathematica had an odd interpretation of newlines which I probably made more sense in the days of 80 character terminal usage. You'll have to forgive me...my memory is fuzzy here, and I don't have an old ...

cell, string manipulation
Hi all, Suppose I have a X by 1 cell array containing strings, str={{'abc'};{'b';'c'};{'d';'e';'f'}} Now I want to get them into a single cell array of strings. I can do this using: >> [str{1};str{2};str{3}] ans = 'abc' 'b' 'c' 'd' 'e' 'f' The question is, how do I do this without having to specify each cell array individually. My first thought was: >> [str{:}] ??? Error using ==> horzcat CAT arguments dimensions are not consistent. ...

Hi
Hi, im workin on Auto Focusing algorithm , For Ex: we have ten same images with different focuses . i want to find the focused image in that given images, Could any one suggest some Good Algorithm.?/? On May 9, 5:37=A0am, "Pixel " <sakthiprabh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > im workin on Auto Focusing algorithm , > For Ex: > we have ten same images with different focuses . i want to find the focus= ed image in that given images, > Could any one suggest some Good Algorithm.?/? --------------------------------------------- How about contrast measurement htt...

Doubling up cons cells
In ML, the list type is usually represented by: type 'a list = Nil | Cons of 'a * 'a list but it could be represented more memory-efficiently as: type 'a list = Nil | Cons of 'a * 'a list | Cons of 'a * 'a * 'a list For a word list on a 64-bit machine, this will reduce memory consumption from 24 bytes per element to 16 bytes per element (32 bytes per pair) for long lists. The main downside is that decapitation naively requires an allocation: h :: t -> f h t Cons2(h1, h2, t) -> f h (Cons(h, t)) I've been optimising such an implement...

Vectorize cell operations
Hi, I'm new to MATLAB and I'm trying to learn how to vectorize cell operations but so far I haven't found a way to do it. Can anyone help me? Basically I'm trying to get rid of the for loops. I am also open to any ideas/suggestions to optimize something similar. In general 'd like to know the best practice/mos efficient way to do cell operations. I have code similar to this: X = cell(i,j); Y = cell(i,j); for a = 1:i for b = 1:j X{a,b} = somefunction( ... abs( ... ifft2( ... Y{a,b} ... .* ... fft2(Z,32,32) ... ...

Format Tables Cells Merge Wildfire
version Wildfire I am trying to modify a sheet tolerance table on an existing format. I need to add the fixed info .X (one decimal place). There is another table that is ovelayed on this with variable info. The variable info that will be placed will be &linear_tol_0_0. This need to be right justified so that it will appear properly with the fixed field in the underlying table. Now in the current format that we are using , it appears that there were 2 cells, the &linear_tol_0_000 is right justified on the right cell. The 2 cells are then merged to create a single...

US-TX-Austin: Design Eng., MSEE, Analog circuit design, DSP algorithms, Digital (45323057606)
US-TX-Austin: Design Eng., MSEE, Analog circuit design, DSP algorithms, Digital (45323057606) ============================================================================================= Position: Design Eng. Reference: SMC01497 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: M.S. in Electrical Engineering required. 3+yrs design experience in mixed signal or digital integrated circuit design. Experience in one of the following: Analog Circuit Design: -A/D Converters -D/A Convert...

Re: re[2]: MS-Excel Properties to fill a Cell via DDE
>A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the > recipient. >But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal > and sincere. I am *definitely* nicking that! -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche When I was a kid, we walked 6 miles to school every day, sometimes in the rain or snow. Man, did we feel stupid when we found out there was a bus .... sending to informix-list ...

The Cell in a PC?
Is anyone aware of the Cell processor being available on PC motherboard? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm lusting for such a beast... -- Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us) Jerry McBride <jmcbride@mail-on.us> wrote: > > Is anyone aware of the Cell processor being available on PC motherboard? > > I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm lusting for such a beast... You could buy a PS3 and related dev tools, but I have not heard of any PC boards with it. Of course even on the PS3 they lock out the 3D rendering features from being used...

RE: Using Loops to track user input
> From: Peter Hansen [mailto:peter@engcorp.com] >=20 > You missed this one Gerhard. In another thread, hokiegal99 already > told us "I am a funeral director trying to write a small program that=20 > calculates the number of years, months and days a person has lived by=20 > entering the year, month and day of their birth. ..." >=20 > Not homework this time. :-) Of if so, a worthy attempt at deviousness that should be rewarded :) Tim Delaney ...

genetic algorithm for compression .. would it work ?
Hi, I just read some articles on genetic algorithms and started to wonder if it would be a good idea to make a genetic algorithm program to brute force compress a file. Or is the result of something like an arithmetic compressor the optimal way. And would a good genetic program give the same result at best? And is it something like finding the way home from work with your eyes closed. If you wait long enough you will find your home but it will never beat the shortest 'eyes open' route. But I can also imagine that investing a huge amount of cpu/memory power can give a new more optima...

image processing cells segmentation count cells amount cells #2
Hi,this is my image http://drop.io/fq1hhph I need to count all the cells,I ve tried the watershed transform to segment the cells but I haven't a good result.Do you know one method to segment all the cells and to count them or only to count,because i need the number of the total cells. thank you so much!!! ...

Cell mode: error in a cell suppresses output (but not cell text) of subsequent cells?
As in: (execute a cell mode) %% First call: output x = 5 %% Some error blah %% Second call: no output x = 5 Is this a behavior that Mathworks would consider changing, perhaps? Hi, Comment the error. %blah Regards, Pedro "Dimitri Shvorob" <not.dimitri.shvorob@vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message <fea738$k3b$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > As in: (execute a cell mode) > > %% First call: output > x = 5 > %% Some error > blah > %% Second call: no output > x = 5 > > Is this a behavior that Mathworks would consider changing, > perhaps? Really?...

how to print cell array of character sring content
Hi, I have a cell array: cellarr = {'star'; 'QSO'} and I would like to print its contents, in a column, to an ascii file called, e.g., out.dat, so that it would read: star QSO I have not been able to manage this with fprintf at all. In fact, even for a character array, like chararr = ['star';'stem'] I have not been able to generate an output ascii file reading star stem Could you help me? PS: notice the cell array has contents with different lengths. > I have a cell array: > > cellarr = {'star'; 'QSO'} > > and I would li...

Cell pool traversal and IGVxxx macros
CPOOLing is great to get 'stuff' into fixed length buffers. How about the retrieval operation? 'Data Areas' maps the PXT and PPD with VSM (IGV-prefixed) macros. But even the cell pool callable services (CSRxxxxx) do not have a mechanism AFAICS. 1. Where do the macros reside? Surely not SYS1.PVTMACS. 2. What traversal methods are used by RYOers and ISVs? N.B. Intentionally cross-posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main ______________________________________________________________ The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not ...

Force line wrap in table cell, the 3245th
Hi, sorry to ask this question ones again, but I somehow can't believe that it is not possible in Latex to put something similar to a newline into a cell to wrap the text in it. Background is, that I often have longer column headers which I would like to spread over two lines of a cell. Is there any trick or package that would allow me to do this? Thank you so much for any help, Bob Bob wrote: > Hi, > > sorry to ask this question ones again, but I somehow can't believe > that it is not possible in Latex to put something similar to a newline > into a cell to wrap ...

JTable, edit a cell, but changed value not seen
I have a problem with using JTable, editing a cell in a row and then expecting that edited cell data to automatically show up via tblDisplay.getValueAt(row, i); Just to be clear, tblDisplay is of class JTable. The problem shows up when you edit a cell but don't tab away from the cell. It's like the edited cell data doesn't "stick". What can I do to handle this? Anything? I have an issue where the last cell in a selected row is edited and then the user selects the "Update" button to save the changes. The Update button is coded to grab data from the selected r...