Changing plot data in a Matlab GUI

I have two problems I am working on.  I have a mfile that I am running and I want to show some plots of the data I am using in the mfile in a GUI which has 3 different axes.  My first problem is determining how to send the data to the desired GUI axes.  I tried finding the handle for the axes I want but am only able to determine the handle for the GUI.  Since I haven't been able to do that I still don't know how to actually update it with the most recent plot.  The second issue is that I want to be able to use the GUI to change variables in the mfile while running to alter the filter I am using to the new parameters.  So I need to be able to address those and update them with new values.

Any help will be greatly appreciated... thanks ...

shansen (2)

real-time plot the data acquired by daq cards in MATLAB GUI
Hey guys, I am new to MATLAB GUI. Now I need to build a real-time monitoring system using MATLAB GUI. The first task is to use the DAQ card to acquire the analog signal and plot them out in GUI in real-time. I have used DAQ before, but without the GUI. I got very confused when I read some sources on the internet about writing a callback function to acquire data continuously in GUI. Has somebody done similar thing before and willing to share the program for me to study? Or you have some great source for me to read? Thank you guys. ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

plotting FFT in matlab
suppose f(x)=exp(-x^2) then it's fourier transform is also exponential. I'm trying to perform FFT and plot it. I'm using this but it is not showing exponential behavior. please help me with plotting the FFT x=-10:0.01:10; y=exp(-x.^2); N=5000; z=fft(y,N); F=[-N/2:N/2-1]/N; plot(F,z,'b'); >suppose f(x)=exp(-x^2) then it's fourier transform is also >exponential. I'm trying to perform FFT and plot it. I'm using this but >it is not showing exponential behavior. please help me with plotting >the FFT > >x=-10:0.01:10; >y=exp(-x.^2); >N=5000; >z=fft(y,N); >F=[-N/2:N/2-1]/N; >plot(F,z,'b'); > First of all, your z is complex, so using a simple plot command is goin to give you a warning (I have 2008b, I don't remember how older MATLA behaves). Next, to get the "standard" view, with 0 Hz in the middle, yo should apply an fftshift to whatever component you want to view, e.g. plot(F, real(fftshift(z)), 'b'). If you plot the absolute value of (abs(fftshift(z))), you'll get a similar exponential shape, btw. Mark On Aug 12, 11:46=A0am, novis <stands...@gmail.com> wrote: > suppose f(x)=3Dexp(-x^2) then it's fourier transform is also > exponential. I'm trying to perform FFT and plot it. I'm using this but > it is not showing exponential behavior. please help =A0me with plotting > the FFT > > x=3D-10:0.01:10; > y=3Dexp(-x.^2); > N=3D5000; > ...

Matlab GUI #35
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=231890073597529&set=a.189231197863417.41143.100003296140487&type=1&theater I wanted to create a gui using matlab, which is supposed to look lyk the pic above.. wanted to know, is it possible to have the desire text in a text box? secondly, will it be possible for me to get them scrolled down too ?? i learned about textboxes and annotations too..but i dont think they'll work here. can it all be possible with matlab gui or i'll have to switch over to another language? ...

streaming data with MATLAB
Does anyone know of a way to get streaming data from external devices into MATLAB and then sending the data to a server and being displayed on the network??? ...

importing data in matlab
i have some eeg data in bdf format , i want to import data in Matlab can any one help me? Data is downloaded from e'enterface06 multimodal emotion detection. Thanks in advance. I found on file exchange: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13070-eeg-bdf-reader ------------------------------------ Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer vedenev@ngs.ru http://simulations.narod.ru/ ...

Matlab GUI #31
Hi, I am currently trying to open a new GUI (from a bunch of GUI choices). I am using an if-elseif statement to determine which GUI to open (which is not a issue). The problem I face is that I am unable to figure out which command to use to open the new GUI (and close the existing one)? I looked into previous posts, but they don't seem to be helpful. I tried the following : if handles.variable == 1 %Selection statement to determine which GUI to open uiopen('GUI_2.fig'); %Opens GUI_2.fig file (in the same folder as existing GUI) elseif...... elseif.... end Any idea what to do?? "Krishna" Hi, ..fig is file for you to edit your objects, while you call another gui need to call its mfile. try this , for example you fig file is GUI_2.fig and its corresponding m file will be GUI_2.m in loop you can write as if handles.variable == 1 GUI_2 elseif .... end %% no need to use command uiopen here ...

Matlab graph plot
Hello.. I have an excel sheet in it real time sensor data. I need to plot the data in a graph on matlab! please help me what to do.. i dont know how to transfer this data to matlab.. it huge.. "aya" wrote in message <ju3fmb$r4k$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello.. > > I have an excel sheet in it real time sensor data. I need to plot the data in a graph on matlab! please help me what to do.. i dont know how to transfer this data to matlab.. it huge.. xlsread will get the data into Matlab. Barry "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <ju3po4$656$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "aya" wrote in message <ju3fmb$r4k$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > Hello.. > > > > I have an excel sheet in it real time sensor data. I need to plot the data in a graph on matlab! please help me what to do.. i dont know how to transfer this data to matlab.. it huge.. > > xlsread will get the data into Matlab. > Barry Oh thanks alot.. :) ...

MATLAB GUI COUNTER
can you help with my project? this is about a program that will count up or count down if the respective push button is pressed. I dont know how to do the program., just the GUI design with the text and the 2 push buttons. PLS., HELP me.. :C "Kent " <devilinious_inferno666@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jkkejc$g2n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > can you help with my project? > > this is about a program that will count up or count down if the respective > push button is pressed. I dont know how to do the program., just the GUI > design with the text and the 2 push buttons. > > PLS., HELP me.. :C It sounds like you've set up the layout for your GUI, now you just need to program the guts. http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/creating_guis/f10-998197.html http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/creating_guis/f16-998197.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

How to have a textArea in MATLAB GUI?
I want to display some details of a picture in a textarea in Matlab GUI... A Text area whose width is fixed and height may vary according to the text in textarea. How Can I do this... Please Help Me... Thanks... "Tanesh Kumar Kevlani" <tk.kevlani@gmail.comm> wrote in message news:joqjto$b0r$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > I want to display some details of a picture in a textarea in Matlab > GUI... > A Text area whose width is fixed and height may vary according to the text > in textarea. > How Can I do this... If you're using GUIDE, use a Static Text box. http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/creating_guis/f8-998368.html#f8-999627 If you're creating your GUI programmatically, create a UICONTROL whose Style property is 'text'. http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/uicontrol.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

GUI and Simulink matlab
good evening all I have a GUI which orders a model of simulink, however I have to try to build a GUI which orders several models of simulink (links), but I finely find difficulties in the popone and callback! thus how to make a GUI which contains pop-up menu(links) which orders models of simulink? I votres assistances waits ...

Matlab GUI #34
Hi,I'm brand new for matlab and I need to create a gui with a 'browse' button and upload and display an image in gui.I have used th following code. [FileName,PathName] = uigetfile('*.png;*.JPG;*.GIF;*.TIF','Select the Image file') if FileName ~= 0 fullName = fullfile(PathName,FileName); end A = imread(fullName); imshow(A, 'Parent', handles.axes1); Its working but now I want to display the browsed file path in the same gui.what should i do? I have tried using a text box but its not working.Is there any other component that can be used for this purpose? thank you for any help... :) "Menaka " <menaka.ariyarathne@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jnno7q$mvu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi,I'm brand new for matlab and I need to create a gui with a 'browse' > button and upload and display an image in gui.I have used th following > code. > > [FileName,PathName] = uigetfile('*.png;*.JPG;*.GIF;*.TIF','Select the > Image file') > if FileName ~= 0 > fullName = fullfile(PathName,FileName); > > end > A = imread(fullName); > imshow(A, 'Parent', handles.axes1); > Its working but now I want to display the browsed file path in the same > gui.what should i do? > I have tried using a text box but its not working.Is there any other > component that can be used for this purpose? > thank you for any help... :) I would use a UICONT...

Need help for a matlab mini project

How to change the layer of a figure in matlab?
Hi, I met a problem with plotting a figure in matlab. a = peaks(100); clf hold on pcolor(a) shading interp [c,h] = contour(a,'k'); clabel(c,h) After running this code, the result of clabel is not visible. Could anyone give me some advice on how to show it? An extended question is, in matlab, is it possible to change the layer of a figure object by SET or other functions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

matlab change array range
I have an matlab array A = [ 20 25; 40; 95]. I need to change the elements of the array such that the smallest becomes 1 and the largest becomes 256 and the rest of the values take a value according to the range. In reality the array A will be much larger than 2 by 2. Does matlab have something built in that can do this? 1 + (A-min(A(:)))*(255 / (max(A(:))-min(A(:)))) On May 26, 6:06=A0am, "Aron Sceidt" <sigarr...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an matlab array A =3D [ 20 25; 40; 95]. I need to change the eleme= nts of the array such that the smallest becomes 1 and the largest becomes 2= 56 and the rest of the values take a value according to the range. > > In reality the array A will be much larger than 2 by 2. Does matlab have = something built in that can do this? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= -- A_1_to_256 =3D 255*mat2gray(A) + 1 ...

placing data in sturctures in matlab?
i have a loop which iterates for 97 times and there are two arrrays 1)frequency[1024] 2)strength[1024] these arrays change values after each iteration of the loop. so before its value changes i need to put them in a structure.For instance the structure would be something like s(1).frame=1 %this will show the iteration no. s(1).str=strength s(1).freq=frequency now i need 97 such structures say s(1) to s(97) in an array. my program has to be something like for i=1:98 frequency[1024]=[some values] strength[1024]=[somevalues] s(i).frame=1 %this will show the iteration no. s(i).str=strength s(i).freq=frequency end i think i am already answering my question, still i need some1 to confirm it. What i want to know is how can my structure 's' hold all 97 sets of its field values. am i creating an array of structure by varying s(i) along with the loop iteration. please help me. "sayantani" wrote in message <jj8fbi$380$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i have a loop which iterates for 97 times and there are two arrrays > > 1)frequency[1024] > 2)strength[1024] > > these arrays change values after each iteration of the loop. so before its value changes i need to put them in a structure.For instance the structure would be something like > > s(1).frame=1 %this will show the iteration no. > s(1).str=strength > s(1).freq=frequency > now i need...

Change of version for MATLAB files
Hi , I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not work in older version? "rajesh " <rajesh.shaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff9e6t$26v$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi , > I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 > then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are > made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not > work in older version? There is NO version number for your m files when you create them? they are just plain text file. But If you create an .m file which runs ok under version 7, and you want this file to run ok under earlier versions (assuming it does not), then you need to make the necessary changes in your m file to make it run under earlier versions (this is sometimes called backporting). But if your m file calls function(s) that are part of Matlab and those functions only exist in version 7 and not in the erarlier version, then you might be out of luck there. I am not sure why you want to do this. The common practice is to go the other way. Any reason why, if you have version 7 you want to use version 6.5? may be if you give the reason it would help to give you a better advice. Nasser On Oct 18, 10:13 pm, "Nasser Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote: > "rajesh " <rajesh.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > ne...

Reduce the data size in MATLAB
My domain or data size is 500* 101* 101, since it is very huge for me to do the visualisation, so I need to reduce it 250*50*50 size, how can we do it in MATLAB. I highly appreciate if anyone can help me on this problem. "Maverick " <monika.chauhan@mavs.uta.edu> wrote in message <i9shqm$q44$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > My domain or data size is 500* 101* 101, since it is very huge for me to do the visualisation, so I need to reduce it 250*50*50 size, how can we do it in MATLAB. > I highly appreciate if anyone can help me on this problem. It depends on how you want to down sample this: Do you want a mean? a median? a straight extraction? A straight extraction is the easiest: M2 = M1(1:2:end,1:2:end,1:2:end); Hi Monika Your large dataset has a bit more than 5 million data points. However, even your hypothetical "small" dataset has 625K data points. One way or another, you're going to need to use some kind of model to approximate your data and then use visualization techniques to describe this model. For example, lets assume that your data existed in a 3D space. You might be able to represent your data as a surface, where the shading represented confidence bounds. Alternatively, you might need to plot a set of three dimensional shells. Also, from the looks of things, you're dealing with a four dimensional dataset. You're going to need to decide how you want to visualize 4d data in...

Plotting different graphs in matlab
Hi, i wish to display several graph plots each in different Figure windows at once, However, each time i plot(), the new plot will be displayed over the original plot. I know u can use subplot() to show them all in the same figure. But was just wondering how u could output several different figure plots at once, instead of overwriting the previous display. any helps greatly appreciated, thanks! jenny hi jenny... try using hold on; command.... may it can help... Jenny wrote: > > > Hi, > > i wish to display several graph plots each in different Figure > windows at once, > > However, each time i plot(), the new plot will be displayed over > the > original plot. I know u can use subplot() to show them all in the > same figure. > > But was just wondering how u could output several different figure > plots at once, instead of overwriting the previous display. > > any helps greatly appreciated, thanks! > > jenny hi, please use the command Pause figure before using plot Hope this helps shriram > > i wish to display several graph plots each in different Figure > windows at once, > > However, each time i plot(), the new plot will be displayed over the > original plot. I know u can use subplot() to show them all in the > same figure. > > But was just wondering how u could output several different figure > plots at once, instead of overwriting the previous display. > Just use the fi...

Matlab Color distribution plot?
Hi all. I am trying to plot the temperature distribution in an rectangle. I have a matrix Z that contains the temperatures for different points on the object. For a 3x3 grid I would have: Z=[22.12 23.46 25.25; 24.34 25.23 23.24; 23.24 23.22 23.98] I want to make a plot of discrete points, where the colors of each point indicate the temperature (i.e. the hotter points appear more red, cooler points blue etc..). Any ideas? The contour plots don't seem to do what I am looking for. Thanks! Michael Hammer: Just display it using imshow, image, or imagesc. Then use the colormap function, which has presets for the color map you're looking for. Regards, ImageAnalyst Thanks, that did exactly what I wanted! Cheers "Michael Hammer" <txtimmer87@gmail.com> wrote in message <gsg2gg$opt$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all. > > I am trying to plot the temperature distribution in an rectangle. I have a matrix Z that contains the temperatures for different points on the object. For a 3x3 grid I would have: > > Z=[22.12 23.46 25.25; 24.34 25.23 23.24; 23.24 23.22 23.98] > > I want to make a plot of discrete points, where the colors of each point indicate the temperature (i.e. the hotter points appear more red, cooler points blue etc..). Any ideas? The contour plots don't seem to do what I am looking for. > > Thanks! ...

Web resources about - Changing plot data in a Matlab GUI - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...