code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009

I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there
then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working

If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks

"moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there
> then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working
>
> If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks

Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in 2009a but  worked in 2007a?  It would be helpful if you could narrow down what is not working in 2009a and provide error messages.

Wayne
0
wmkingty (1430)
5/2/2011 6:49:05 PM
ok thanks wyne i will send  error message after some hours

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

Trellis code in matlab code
Hi All Do you have some matlab code for the STTC which will give me some Idea. Any helping material or URL regarding the same will kindly be sent to me. I shall be very thankful to you for this act. Regards Kelecha ...

Matlab 2011: matlab coder (build failed)
When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: ------------------------- function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; fs = fsVec(m); targetFs = targetFsVec(n); y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); ------------------------- to C-code I get a build error saying: coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation failed: Open error report. But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? John wrote: > When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: > > ------------------------- > function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen > > fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > > fs = fsVec(m); > targetFs = targetFsVec(n); > > y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); > ------------------------- > > to C-code I get a build error saying: > > coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be > constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation > failed: Open error report. > > > > But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. > > Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? Apparently it's a limitation of RESAMPLE ...

matlab work
hi i am kinda new to matlab and i have a prolem can anyone help me with this 1) Using MATLAB, quantize a 50 Hz sine wave and find the quantization noise assuming 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 quantization levels. 2) Repeat part (a) using &#956;-law companding with &#956;=255. Prepare a table comparing the two results. could anyone send me the solution to this to my mail. Sent it, did you get it? kings wrote: > > > hi > i am kinda new to matlab and i have a prolem > can anyone help me with this > 1) Using MATLAB, quantize a 50 Hz sine wave and find the > quantization > noise > assuming 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 quantization levels. > 2) Repeat part (a) using &#956;-law companding with &#956;=255. > Prepare a table comparing > the two results. > could anyone send me the solution to this to my mail. Joseph wrote:Hi joesph i dont know what happened but i did not recieve any mail .Could u please resend it to me.I am trying to do it but unable to arrive at a solution. my id is nvm_(underscore) not a hyphen nvm_kings@yahoo.co.in(or) arjunreddy.1985@gmail.com Thanks a lot > > > Sent it, did you get it? > > kings wrote: >> >> >> hi >> i am kinda new to matlab and i have a prolem >> can anyone help me with this >> 1) Using MATLAB, quantize a 50 Hz sine wave and find the >> quantization >> noise >> assuming 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 quantization levels. >> 2) Re...

matlab code for turbo code
please someone send me matlab code for turbo code...............on my email id wizynt.94@gmail.com ...

What does this matlab code do?
Hello, I have had the dubious distinction of inheriting tons of matlab code from a former student (and he is gone, of course) and am trying to figure out what it is doing. There is a particular code segment that has me stumped and I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what it actually does: So, I have an array P that holds the joint PDF for 2 random variables. So, the statement is: a = 1 - cumsum(P,1)./repmat(sum(P,1),[number_of_hist_bins 1]); number_of_hist_bins is the number of bins of the joint histogram in any given dimension. So, the 1-cumsum(P, 1) is somehow maybe the reliability/survival function. So if P is a joint PDF then summing along the dimensions would give the marginal PDFs and cumulative summing would give the CDF and 1-CDF is the survival function from what I could find on wikipedia. However, I have no idea what the division by repmat(sum(P,1), [number_of_hist_bins 1]) is doing... I have a feeling that this is some sort of marginalisation but I cannot convince myself. sum(P, 1) is the marginal PDF, so there is a normalisation of the CDF with the PDF going on but I cannot fathom to what end... I was wondering if anyone here has seen this sort of thing before and maybe it some standard definition that I might have missed. I would be really grateful if someone can help me figure it out... Many thanks, Anja "anja.ende@googlemail.com" <anja.ende@googlemail.com> wrote in message <7dc43dab-b...

Matlab automation server and Matlab Compiler Run Time
I did a simple excel macro which runs matlab functions sucessfully in a machine with Matlab installed. Now I want to run it in a computer without matlab, with "MATLAB Compiler Run Time" installed. I can add the Matlb automation server type file (mlapp.tlb) sucessfully, but when I try to run it, I get this error: "ActiveX component can't create object" In this line: Set matlab = New MLApp.MLApp Do you know what is missing? Thanks ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

MATLAB Coding to Verilog HDL Coding
Dear All, Hi, i am doing a project in which i have to convert MATLAB coding into Verilog HDL Coding or only HDL coding. I am familiar with the FPGA n also with the MATLAB but didn't have any idea about how to convert the coding. After searching for the respective topic i came to know that there is a simulink HDL coder in MATLAB which can do this task. The problem is that i don't have much information about Simulink HDL Coder. So please if anyone can tell me from where to start and can suggest any literature regarding this will be of great help to me. Thanks in Advance Regards Hamid On 09/02/11 03:06, hamid wrote: > Dear All, > > Hi, i am doing a project in which i have to convert MATLAB coding into > Verilog HDL Coding or only HDL coding. I am familiar with the FPGA n > also with the MATLAB but didn't have any idea about how to convert the > coding. After searching for the respective topic i came to know that > there is a simulink HDL coder in MATLAB which can do this task. The > problem is that i don't have much information about Simulink HDL Coder. > So please if anyone can tell me from where to start and can suggest any > literature regarding this will be of great help to me. A good place to start is the product page for Simulink HDL Coder: http://www.mathworks.com/products/slhdlcoder/?s_cid=HP_FP_SL_simhdl . You can use the 'ver' command to see if you have Simulink HDL Coder installed and available, if ...

how to convert Matlab code to C code
Hi everyone, Can any one tell me how to convert matlab to c?? Regards. On 5/8/2012 4:36 PM, WMS wrote: > Hi everyone, > Can any one tell me how to convert matlab to c?? > > Regards. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-coder/ "MATLAB Coder™ generates standalone C and C++ code from MATLAB code" ...

matlab code for turbo code simulation
dear sir, i am praveen pursuing final sem B.E(E&c), so i doing turbo code simulation(with different interleavers) and takin signsl to noise ratio for different interleavers....please send me the matlab code am in need of that urgent...... thanking you.. ...

converting matlab code to C code
when i tried to convert the matlab code into c code using matlab coder i got below mentioned error, I am using R2011b(7.13.0.534) my program uses image as an input parameter. ERROR: >> coder -build len.prj ??? This text contains non-empty top-level expressions. It appears to be a script. Error in ==> length_of_line Line: 1 Column: 1 Code generation failed: Open error report. CODE: I=imread('pic29rkey.jpg'); imshow(I);pause hold on [x,y] = ginput(2); line(x,y,'color','r','LineWidth',5); Ired_length = sqrt ((x(2)-x(1))^2 + (y(2)-y(1))^2); [x,y] = ginput(2); line(x,y,'color','g','LineWidth',5); lineLength = sqrt ((x(2)-x(1))^2 + (y(2)-y(1))^2); Igreen_length= lineLength/Ired_length*10; disp(Igreen_length); msgbox(sprintf('Length of the Key is %f cm',Igreen_length)); How to solve this issue? this is the first time i am using this code conversiuon tool thats why! Thanks in advance... "arunkumar " <arun.pk2k3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jnm1kd$pog$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > when i tried to convert the matlab code into c code using matlab coder i > got below mentioned error, I am using R2011b(7.13.0.534) my program uses > image as an input parameter. > > ERROR: >>> coder -build len.prj ??? This text contains non-empty top-level >>> expressions. It appears to be a script. Error in ==> length_of_line >>> Lin...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Web resources about - code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Google working on new Android camera app that recognizes objects
According to a report from SlashGear, Google is looking to combine the technologies used in its Goggles app and visual search tool with the standard ...

The Road Not Taken: Mastering The Art Of The ‘Group Project’ While Working In-House
Group projects at work aren’t often called “group projects” they are called “doing your job.

The implications of remote working for GDPR compliance
... increasing the risk to your sensitive business data. Since the government has recently given all employees the right to request flexible working, ...

Larwyn's Linx: 5 factors working against Trump winning delegate majority
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation 5 factors working against Trump winning ...

In 2016 Which Political Party Commands The Loyalty Of Working Class Voters?
... Party Of The People , except a GOP version. In fact they're remarkably similar. Frank talks about how the Democratic Party abandoned its working ...

147 FBI Agents Working on Hillary Clinton’s Email Investigation
... is being worked on by 147 FBI agents, The Washington Post reports. The Washington Post reports that 147 different agents are working all sides ...

A guy created a tiny working rotary engine out of paper
Aliaksei Zholner built a tiny working rotary engine out of a piece of paper. The engine runs on compressed air. He was prompted to build the ...

Elevator at Washington Monument is working again
WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Park Service says the elevator at the Washington Monument is working again, even though the cause of the most ...

Google may quietly be working on rival to Amazon Echo
... to get in on the positive buzz surrounding the Amazon Echo, Google is reportedly building its own smart home device. Google is quietly working ...